Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans (935 Views)

Osinbajo: A Silent Achiever,sponsor Over 500 Orphans To Sch, Ordinary President / CNN Interviews Davido Over 250 Million Naira Gift To Orphans / Emotional Moment When Orphans And Idps Hug Atiku In Plateau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by Palmtvng: 7:14am On Apr 23, 2020
Popularly known as the Mother Theresa of Africa, Mama Janet Ekundayo dedicated her life to taking care of orphans.

She projected the meaning of her name, “Ekundayo,” which is translated to mean, “(my) tears has turned to joy.”

Mama Ekundayo had five biological children of her own but that did not stop her from adopting others because of her love for children. Mama Ekundayo enjoyed the company of children and so taking care of them came naturally to her.

In 1969, Mama Ekundayo decided to dedicate the rest of her life to taking care of orphans and abandoned children. She took in the 469th child by 2007. By the year 2008; she had cared for over 500 children.

See more photos below
https://www.praizenews.com/meet-mama-ekundayo-the-woman-who-opened-her-doors-to-over-500-orphans-and-abandoned-children/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by packagerz: 7:19am On Apr 23, 2020
FRYSnDIPS:
Beautiful heart

If you're interested in partnering up as a vehicle owner on the e-hailing platform after the lockdown, I'm available in Lagos as a driver partner for weekly delivery/remittance.
Kindly quote me of interested

A rare gem God bless you always
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by helinues: 7:22am On Apr 23, 2020
Ekundayo ( Tears leads to happiness)

The name speaks alot
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2020
God Bless you Mother Theresa of Africa...
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by SeverusSnape(m): 7:37am On Apr 23, 2020
TY Bello sang about her. A rare gem indeed.

But i often wonder where she got the funds for her philanthropic activities.

1 Like

Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 23, 2020
Good deeds. Wish I could be able to do this and more someday. Nothing bits pure philanthropy
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by PureGoldh(m): 8:02am On Apr 23, 2020
God will surely reward her
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by missimelda01(f): 8:22am On Apr 23, 2020
Over 500 children wow shocked

To take care of one is not easy, God bless her kind heart.
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by Azmanaty: 8:28am On Apr 23, 2020
If you try this today, they will call you a child peddler and that u are selling children.

Be careful guys. Let our generosity not put us into troubles.
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by Ugwuoke347(m): 9:03am On Apr 23, 2020
God bless her forever.
Ekundayo, such beautiful grace.
Such simple abundance of spirit!
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by sweet16s: 9:16am On Apr 23, 2020
What a good heart, she will definitely live older. God bless her
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by Africana1123(m): 9:28am On Apr 23, 2020
Thank you mama grin that is pure heart of Yoruba woman ,not really surprise,I love you mama
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by rosieflower2(f): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2020
May God bless her immensely
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by TCRC: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2020
kind hearted, mama is generous, You could imagine if we have leaders in this country like mama

Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by rafindo(m): 10:22am On Apr 23, 2020
FRYSnDIPS:
Beautiful heart

If you're interested in partnering up as a vehicle owner on the e-hailing platform after the lockdown, I'm available in Lagos as a driver partner for weekly delivery/remittance.
Kindly quote me of interested

Interested.
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by MetaPhysical: 10:38am On Apr 23, 2020
May God reward her on earth and in the hereafter.

A true pillar of social support!

Cc
Slaymamas
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by Hahahjsbshabab: 10:54am On Apr 23, 2020
Re: Meet Mama Ekundayo - The Woman Who Opened Her Doors To Over 500 Orphans by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Our prayers should be "I will do more than this."

God is my strength...

(1) (Reply)

North Korea's Kim Jong-un Dead? / Is This Nigeria's Coat Of Arms / Why Awolowo Feared Northern Domination In The Post-british Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.