Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

How Did You Learn Javascript? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Did You Learn Javascript? (4764 Views)

For Developers, How Did You Get Your First Remote Job And What Was The Pay. / I Want To Learn Javascript / How Many Hours Should I Commit In A Day In Order To Learn Javascript In 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by IceColdVeins(m): 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2021
aws2020:
Are you an Information Technology Professional and interested in writing and passing your IT certification exams?

Talk to me and I gauranty 100% pass on your exams. Email. Fullstackdeveloper2029@gmail.com

We help with the following exams and 100% pass qauranty. If you have anyone that need it.

Cisco- Associate, Professional, Speciality
Google-Google Cloud Associate & Google Cloud Professional
People Cert- ITILv4
ISACA - CISA, CISM, CRISC, COBIT5, CGEIT
PMI-PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA, PMI-CAPM
Comptia - All exams
EC Counsil-CEH,CHFI
AWS- Associate, Professional, Speciality
Juniper- Associate, Professional, Speciality
IIBA-Cbap
Vmware:VCA, VCP
Oracle - All exams
Microsoft - All exams
SAFe- All exams
Scrum- All Exams
IAPP- CIPM, CIPP/e
Salesforce
Servicenow
Snowflake
GRE
GMAT
TOEFL
BCS?
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by Sheriman(m): 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2021
afuye:

i taught myself javascript by devouting 5 hrs a day for one year. consistency is the key not coding today and leaving it till next week
Don't mind they think say na play some will even be jumping from one language to other. Learn Java today dump it to take up Django tommorow also dump it for C++ in the coming months. Directionless unfocused want to be programmers full Nairaland.
A want to be programmer must have a niche in programming then learn and understand that particular language put in extra work to be best at it.
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by Nobody: 3:40am On Jun 01, 2022
Can only JavaScript be used to develop a project like ecommerce?
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by jesmond3945: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Most coding bootcamps in Nigeria have really useless shitty websites. I could build better after 3 weeks of basic HTML and CSS. What value do they have to offer? I am currently learning JavaScript. I use a book eloquent JavaScript and then I have some Udemy courses. The Udemy courses aren't as detailed as the book though. I also use YouTube to clarify what I just can't understand by reading the book.

I think with respect to Nigeria, bootcamps are a waste of time especially if you want to be world class. How can you become a full stack developer in twelve weeks. Basic to intermediary CSS takes at least 8 weeks and it never ends. What of vanilla JavaScript and it's frameworks then back end technologies. I might be wrong though.
you have paid your dues bro.
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by jesmond3945: 1:38pm On Jun 02, 2022
Sheriman:

Don't mind they think say na play some will even be jumping from one language to other. Learn Java today dump it to take up Django tommorow also dump it for C++ in the coming months. Directionless unfocused want to be programmers full Nairaland.
A want to be programmer must have a niche in programming then learn and understand that particular language put in extra work to be best at it.
you dont have to blame them. They are all looking for where the pay is.
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by jesmond3945: 1:38pm On Jun 02, 2022
Mapple90:
Can only JavaScript be used to develop a project like ecommerce?
yes
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by IhateRetards: 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2022
I am still learning javascript using grasshopper, w3school.com, a Javascript DSA book by Sammie Bae and grokking algorithm. People jumping around from one language to another, learn to stick to one language and know it well before jumping to learn another if not you will feel fustrated and give up whereas the fault was how you went about learning it. Lemme share a secret I learnt learning music production on my own. So basically music producers have what we call plug-ins. Plug-ins enabled us to add special effects to a song or beats which gave each song a special feeling or effect. Basically there are tons of free and paid plug-ins on the Internet which created a problem I called "chasing the shiny new object".Every time I heard that so plug-in was used in a particular hit song,I was going to download that said plug-in and add it to other hit songs plug-ins which I had saved on my laptop while having other plug-ins that I downloaded as per trying to form unique producer with unique sound. Omo that was how I didn't master any plug-in, my beats were sounding wack till last year when I decided to empty my system and started learning afresh with the music production software inbuilt plug-ins and within 3 months I started making better music's than I had made in all my 2 years doing the music production stuff with monthly breaks in-between because of fustration. Decided to apply same thing to coding when my system started acting up and since I am broke to get a sound card the format has saved me from crying instead I enjoy coding and can't wait to see where this will carry me too. Learners in the house like me learn to focus on one thing and learn it well instead jumping around if not the learning the skill will tire you and always start from fundamentals and learn up so u don't get confused along the way and give up.Omo later guys and thanks to the senior men here for motivating us if I start call names some people will feel left out but you guys shouldn't stop doing what you have been doing here.Una no know the way una don touch my life reach with educating newbies about learning coding the right way the stuff looks easy that makes me feel like I have actually found my life purpose. For those complaining about javascript being hard to learn. First start with grasshopper then move to w3school.com before learning the javascript DSA book.It will help your learning curve and also download the DSA source code on github. Wish una good luck as we dey learn this thing together.Am out,,,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 03, 2022
stanliwise:
mine was off and on but I learnt JavaScript so well and am good at it. “The Definitive guide to JavaScript” was like my best book also together with many online resources.
I also read “You don’t know JS” series for in-depth knowledge.
I also later went ahead to learn
Introduction to JQuery

good morning
are you on twitter?
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 03, 2022
Ravern:
Please learn how to download long video from YouTube and practice with the videos to supplement what you are reading from books. The secret of learning any programming language is to code along side your studies. With that you will develop a mental muscle over that language.

But if you have time to spare, then study data structure , algorithms , software design and analysis before delving into learning any programming language.

If you can have a good grasp of data structure and algorithms, to understand any programming language becomes a piece of cake for you. Every programming language uses algorithm to manipulate data in order to produce result. That is in a nutshell what software development is.

Most of us are eager to learn one trending programming language or the other but data structure and algorithms which the language will work on, we may not know much about them.

Programming language be it java, python, php, javascript, c++ or ruby; are just mere tools. Any one you master very well, you can do wonders with it if you know the underlying concept of data.

Finally while learning javascript, try to understand the language as a standalone language and javascript in the concept of DOM(html) manipulation

people always talk about data structure very often
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by web2331: 6:39am On Jun 03, 2022
m,mk
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by stanliwise(m): 7:41am On Jun 03, 2022
branham890:

good morning
are you on twitter?
Not really. My main online presence is nairaland or WhatsApp
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 03, 2022
stanliwise:

Not really. My main online presence is nairaland or WhatsApp

okay, i would mention if i should run into problems on js(Hope u have no issues with that?) grin
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by stanliwise(m): 9:42am On Jun 03, 2022
branham890:

okay, i would mention if i should run into problems on js(Hope u have no issues with that?) grin
I will always respond when I come online
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 03, 2022
stanliwise:
thanks
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 10, 2022
stanliwise:

good morning, please u have a mail i can reach u?
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by stanliwise(m): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2022
branham890:

good morning, please u have a mail i can reach u?
send a connect through nairaland or

Stanliwise at gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 10, 2022
stanliwise:
send a connect through nairaland or

Stanliwise at gmail.com

sent through Nairaland
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by emmynoel999: 12:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
Are you a programmer?
If you are you are lucky to see this post.
Get a chance to win an iPhone 13 and other cash prizes by answering this survey.
Offer will soon end. Hurry!
Click on the first link on my signature
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by stanliwise(m): 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2022
branham890:

sent through Nairaland
replied
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by Nobody: 2:14am On Jun 15, 2022
stanliwise:
replied

yet to see your reply
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by stanliwise(m): 4:47am On Jun 15, 2022
branham890:

yet to see your reply
I have responded
Re: How Did You Learn Javascript? by sirblend: 7:50am On Apr 18
tensazangetsu20:
Most coding bootcamps in Nigeria have really useless shitty websites. I could build better after 3 weeks of basic HTML and CSS. What value do they have to offer? I am currently learning JavaScript. I use a book eloquent JavaScript and then I have some Udemy courses. The Udemy courses aren't as detailed as the book though. I also use YouTube to clarify what I just can't understand by reading the book.

I think with respect to Nigeria, bootcamps are a waste of time especially if you want to be world class. How can you become a full stack developer in twelve weeks. Basic to intermediary CSS takes at least 8 weeks and it never ends. What of vanilla JavaScript and it's frameworks then back end technologies. I might be wrong though.

Hello Mr tensazangetsu...

Good Morning from this side.. (Nigeria)
I have been reading your post on Nairaland for a while.. Please I need a mentor and a guidance and I feel you would be helpful to me...

Also how can I get or download the book "eloquent JavaScript?

Thanks..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Most Nigerian Programmers Interested In Web Development? / Any Female Python Programmer Here?? / Community Service | I Am To Teach Everything I Know In Java For Free!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.