Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 (20584 Views)

Top 10 Common Job Hunting Mistakes / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? / Some Fun While Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by blowjohn(m): 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

https://patrickokunima.com/5-job-hunting-mistakes-you-should-avoid-in-2020/

This thread is not suitable for lagosians this year cos they may remain under lockdown until December.
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by afribookorg(m): 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
cool
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Ballo52(m): 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
All these are for countries where jobs are available ... my people don't waste una energy and go and start a business ��

3 Likes

Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
To get job this year go hard small corona don yakata
Then recession go follow
May God help us

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
In my company we dont request for CVs, just have the resilient manpower and u re good to go.

Even me wey b manager, a no submit any CV.

Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by CrentB(m): 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
So many are waiting for help, Nigeria as a nation has taught many like me how to think outside the box. Your family background doesn't determine your wealth, especially those who already have this taught their parents did nothing just like the next neighbour that the parents are rich this. Have this mind set I know I can be anything if I work hard in it.
What you don't give attention to you will never get it. To be successful it is required of you to initiate a plan with action, then give attention in months you reap what you sow.
Remember what you sow is what you reap if you don't put money in your bank account don't expect the ATM to dispense cash when you insert your debit card. One naira today is not the same thing tomorrow invest in your future. Do you know you can turn that little amount into stead flows if you have the willingness to change from your old habit.

Am an auditor due to integrity have resolved not to pick the slightest Kobo from my employer illegally guess what I was mocked by fellow colleagues. I kept on pushing for other ways to improve my streams of income this time around let it not be salary alone.
In my quest for this I was lucky enough to get a proven source that has FIRS certified, CAC registered company with Nigeria and EFCC certified money laundry . I make in every 10 days into my account # 31,920. It's a perfect deal for me lockdown has no impart on it. My only involvement is just less than 3 minutes of my time just once in every 10 days. Reach me if you are interested WhatsApp link
https:///DNbfpB55wNqKoEdSlhQQPa
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Theoarhics: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Inside covid 19?
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by coolfredo(m): 12:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Which 2020?
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by StrikeBack(m): 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
Bilabong:
Did u just say 2020?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oga this year no follow for my life o.
Infact I will maintain my present age next year.
I can not can.
grin grin
Replace stupid people with Religious people

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Dpaulie(m): 12:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
Which job?
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by fishjam: 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
Hello Readers follow these steps

1. Get more skills, degree, certification in your field
2. Build your network(interact with ppl e.t.c)
3. Be Prayerful
4. Apply for 10x more Jobs (I'm still yet to see someone who applied for 1000 jobs without a success)
:
:
:
:
:
:
100. Have a good C.V

I just realized the C.V i used in securing a lecturing Job 3years ago is damn average.. Although it shows my qualifications and experience. Anyway a good C.V help too sha. but not as much as Mr Patrick always tout it to be

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by omoadeleye(m): 12:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
Which 2020?

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Bayokun(m): 12:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
This same 2020?
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
Never disregard networking. Increase your network as much as you can. In my field most jobs are got through recommendations even though you are qualified cos there's so many qualified and experienced folks out there

2 Likes

Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
We just have to teleport to 2021

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Dollabiz: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2020
Where is the job in the first place

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Rayfield: 1:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
Order for a professional CV @ Patrick Okunima CV Writing Services and Get a FREE Cover Letter!

Promo Ends 11:59pm 23 April, 2020.

I just graduated from the University, and I'm presently using this Lockdown to acquire different Professional Certificates and skills before Service which supposed to be in June.

What are your advise?

I have a Local 1 page CV already with my details arranged the best way I could. Can you assist me Professionalise the CV, by ordering and adding the New skills acquired, Please?
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Equal2DeTask(m): 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
kerry57:
I think we should be thinking of creating jobs and not job hunting. We can create wealth with great ideas that we can act upon with little or no capital only if we can develop the drive. I cant stop Learning from my mentor Jack Ma.
Think it through.

Where can I get his free Ebooks?
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by charmingfrank(m): 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
CrentB:
So many are waiting for help, Nigeria as a nation has taught many like me how to think outside the box. Your family background doesn't determine your wealth, especially those who already have this taught their parents did nothing just like the next neighbour that the parents are rich this. Have this mind set I know I can be anything if I work hard in it.
What you don't give attention to you will never get it. To be successful it is required of you to initiate a plan with action, then give attention in months you reap what you sow.
Remember what you sow is what you reap if you don't put money in your bank account don't expect the ATM to dispense cash when you insert your debit card. One naira today is not the same thing tomorrow invest in your future. Do you know you can turn that little amount into stead flows if you have the willingness to change from your old habit.

Am an auditor due to integrity have resolved not to pick the slightest Kobo from my employer illegally guess what I was mocked by fellow colleagues. I kept on pushing for other ways to improve my streams of income this time around let it not be salary alone.
In my quest for this I was lucky enough to get a proven source that has FIRS certified, CAC registered company with Nigeria and EFCC certified money laundry . I make in every 10 days into my account # 31,920. It's a perfect deal for me lockdown has no impart on it. My only involvement is just less than 3 minutes of my time just once in every 10 days. Reach me if you are interested WhatsApp link
not going through. I wanna know more
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
Rayfield:

I just graduated from the University, and I'm presently using this Lockdown to acquire different Professional Certificates and skills before Service which supposed to be in June.

What are your advise?

I have a Local 1 page CV already with my details arranged the best way I could. Can you assist me Professionalise the CV, by ordering and adding the New skills acquired, Please?

Of course, for a small token. Send me an email: info@patrickokunima.com
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by kerry57: 2:22pm On Apr 23, 2020
Equal2DeTask:

Where can I get his free Ebooks?
I download more of his videos, audios and interviews from you tube. Read few of his books. I prefer the videos and audios more cos they impact me more.
But u can google his books to see if u can get anyone free. I know of amazon which requires payment.
The best bro. Never give up on whatever ur dream is, one day u will be celebrated.

1 Like

Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by wonder233: 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Which 2020? Abi OP do you have a different 2020?
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by toluwalopsy(f): 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
I applied for a job recently and I got a feedback that my application has been received. However, I was going through my application again and I discovered an error in my CV. I forgot to edit the name of the organisation I was applying to in my professional summary as contained in my CV and I was so devastated that I'm tempted to resend it but my hubby cautioned me stating that it may disqualify me even though the clause wasn't expressly stated because looking at the job, it matches my qualification and experience. I don't know what to do cos I keep thinking about the silly mistake and I do not want to lose this opportunity.
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Fr33born(m): 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

https://patrickokunima.com/5-job-hunting-mistakes-you-should-avoid-in-2020/
Achievements achievements achievements, what if there are no achievements to mention?
What if he/she never worked?
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Rapmoney(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
PalmOilDealer:
@ OP: Always on point.

Who you dey deceive? You're the same person as Patrick Okunima, the poster.

Keep fooling yourself!
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by maxman007(m): 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
Order for a professional CV @ Patrick Okunima CV Writing Services and Get a FREE Cover Letter!

Promo Ends 11:59pm 23 April, 2020.
Please Stop it.
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by baconline(m): 4:47pm On Apr 23, 2020
Survive coro first b4 job
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Equal2DeTask(m): 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
kerry57:

I download more of his videos, audios and interviews from you tube. Read few of his books. I prefer the videos and audios more cos they impact me more.
But u can google his books to see if u can get anyone free. I know of amazon which requires payment.
The best bro. Never give up on whatever ur dream is, one day u will be celebrated.

I appreciate boss cool
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by Benana(m): 12:23am On Apr 24, 2020
The writer should write about our way of surviving after dis lockdown cus job hunt will not benefit the hunters cus alot of companies will fold in due time while some will be shaky.
I encourage every youth and healthy individual to think out of the box to create jobs for themselves. The agricultural sector is lying empty wit less investors and creative mind coupled with the drop off crude oil globally.
We all should begin to rejuvenate our mindset for Agriculture , at least for food sustainability/security.
Re: 5 Job Hunting Mistakes You Should Avoid In 2020 by CrentB(m): 7:13am On Apr 24, 2020
CrentB:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Should I Hire You? What To Say In Your Interview / You Are Still Unemployed And Its Almost March / NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.