Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,734 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

For Families That Migrated/intending To Migrate To Australia On Student Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / For Families That Migrated/intending To Migrate To Australia On Student Visa (744 Views)

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / How I Migrated To From Nigeria To Portugal / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Families That Migrated/intending To Migrate To Australia On Student Visa by Naijabad: 9:06am On Apr 23, 2020
This thread is specifically created to share experiences and also to provide answers to questions that may be asked about family migration to Australia on student visa.

Those who have successfully migrated with their families should assist by providing some answers to the questions that may be asked in this thread.
Those who intend to migrate should feel free to ask any question that may bother them.

I will start by asking my own questions.

I intend migrating with my wife and two children. Wify has been offered admission to study Masters of finance (specialization) in UTAS. I am going as a dependent relative and the whole idea is for me to works and support the family for the 2 years duration of the course.

Now my questions are as follows:

1) can I be allowed to live and work in any of the cities why my family stays in Tasmania? I understand there are more job opportunities in the big cities.

2) What skill can i learn before December 2020 that can sustain me for a month before I find other things to do?

3) What is the average cost of accommodation in Tasmania, not the luxury type, just a manageable place to put up for 2 years for the family?

4)How can i get accommodation immediately I land in Australia?

5)What is the average cost of feeding for a week in Tasmania for one adult and two children

6) On the average, how much does primary school enrollment cost in Tasmania? My two children are still in primary school.

7) How can one get job very fast in the big cities? are there agencies that can help to find jobs, no matter the kind of job provided the pay is fair enough.

cool i understand accommodation is too costly in big cities like Sydney, Pert etc. Can two person share one apartment there to reduce cost?

9) How much, minimum should a family of four enter Aussie with after payment of First semester school fees, flight ticket, etc.

Please moderator move this to front page, abeg.
Re: For Families That Migrated/intending To Migrate To Australia On Student Visa by Naijabad: 9:21am On Apr 23, 2020
16 views no reply. Hmmm
Re: For Families That Migrated/intending To Migrate To Australia On Student Visa by Deprofessional(m): 10:57am On Apr 23, 2020
What is the best way to change your Naira to AUD when travelling? Do you convert to USD first?
Re: For Families That Migrated/intending To Migrate To Australia On Student Visa by Naijabad: 1:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
Naijabad:
This thread is specifically created to share experiences and also to provide answers to questions that may be asked about family migration to Australia on student visa.

Those who have successfully migrated with their families should assist by providing some answers to the questions that may be asked in this thread.
Those who intend to migrate should feel free to ask any question that may bother them.

I will start by asking my own questions.

I intend migrating with my wife and two children. Wify has been offered admission to study Masters of finance (specialization) in UTAS. I am going as a dependent relative and the whole idea is for me to works and support the family for the 2 years duration of the course.

Now my questions are as follows:

1) can I be allowed to live and work in any of the cities why my family stays in Tasmania? I understand there are more job opportunities in the big cities.

2) What skill can i learn before December 2020 that can sustain me for a month before I find other things to do?

3) What is the average cost of accommodation in Tasmania, not the luxury type, just a manageable place to put up for 2 years for the family?

4)How can i get accommodation immediately I land in Australia?

5)What is the average cost of feeding for a week in Tasmania for one adult and two children

6) On the average, how much does primary school enrollment cost in Tasmania? My two children are still in primary school.

7) How can one get job very fast in the big cities? are there agencies that can help to find jobs, no matter the kind of job provided the pay is fair enough.

cool i understand accommodation is too costly in big cities like Sydney, Pert etc. Can two person share one apartment there to reduce cost?

9) How much, minimum should a family of four enter Aussie with after payment of First semester school fees, flight ticket, etc.

Please moderator move this to front page, abeg.

1 Like

Re: For Families That Migrated/intending To Migrate To Australia On Student Visa by funmbai: 10:59am On Aug 13, 2020
Elders, please and please reply us. We are many in this angle. Please help us oooo. God bless you all
[quote author=Naijabad post=88765198][/quote]

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO/PHOTOS : Nigerians Evacuated From UK Arrive Lagos / BRT Bus Fair Increased 100 Percent. Ikorodu To Ketu 300 Naira - Man Laments / US And Uk Was Once Like Us Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.