Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,143 members, 7,829,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Atheists, What Is Your View On Morality? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, What Is Your View On Morality? (949 Views)

If Most Nigerians Become Atheists,What Do You Think Will Happen? / Atheists, What's Your Opinion On This One? / Ex-christians Now Atheists, What Was The Craziest Thing You Did Out Of Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists, What Is Your View On Morality? by orunto27: 2:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
Timbers:
I said directions

Please don't misquote me

In Christianity and in the Cult, Court, Culture and Administration of God's Systems, Planning and Control, INSTRUCTIONS, DIRECTIONS AND DISCERNMENTS ARE SIBLINGS AND MASCULINE. IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE NOT IN CHRISTIANITY, THE THREE RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS ARE CALLED DIRECTIVES.
Re: Atheists, What Is Your View On Morality? by karo93: 4:13pm On Apr 26, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

But morality is based on that which is right and good and check it out, is there anything which you have seen to be good which God had ever said Don't do?

God, through the Bible is telling us All the things that we can do, that is Good, Most especially as He has seen and we ourselves have seen that people on earth Love to Do that which is not good, even up to that which is Wicked above and much more than that which is good not to talk of that which is very good.

The Bible gives us the 2 scenarios,1) that which was good which made everyone Happy including God and made satan very sad/angry and 2) that which was not good which brought about tears and made God sad/angry and which made satan very happy.

The line of morality is crossed when rules are made without recourse to its consequence on fellow humans.

Any rule or law against an activity that has no negative consequence on fellow humans is unnecessary.

Such rules and laws that prevent peoples of other religions from openly eating during the fasting of another religion is selfishness.

A criminal law against groups like LGBT for instance is not moral as their actions do no have negative consequences on those around them.
Re: Atheists, What Is Your View On Morality? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2020
karo93:

The line of morality is crossed when rules are made without recourse to its consequence on fellow humans.

Any rule or law against an activity that has no negative consequence on fellow humans is unnecessary.

Such rules and laws that prevent peoples of other religions from openly eating during the fasting of another religion is selfishness.

A criminal law against groups like LGBT for instance is not moral as their actions do no have negative consequences on those around them.

You've brought in the issue of Law and Morals which is actually argued "law-making man or man making laws and Morals.

For morals is Always about Right and Good while Law is Always about that which is Allowed/Allowable and that which is Prohibited.

Morals and Right and Good every soul knows but the isn't really about this, it is rather always about God's Laws commonly called Natural Law and man's law/man's-wants law.

If you look at the nature of God's Laws you would see that there are 3 categories;1) Unbreakable Laws e.g (man shall live on the earth and not in the sea as a fish) 2) Breakable Laws e.g (do not kill/steal etc) and 3) what I call Discretionary Laws e.g (love your neighbour, Do Good etc).

On the other hand man only has one type of law which is a combination of the 2 of God's type of Law which is Breakable/Discretionary Laws Only.

And it is from this basis he foolishly challenges the Most High and All His Laws.

Before man was Law and the Law had set everything, but because man hath some power to against the Law, therefore he Rebels against the Law.

"recourse to its consequence on fellow humans." Where did All the Rights and Power and ability of Man come from? Who gave it to Him? What man baby or adult brought any right/power/ability with him when he born? Or which man made or manufactured himself, by himself?

It is Natural Law or God's Law who hath done everything.

Therefore by the Supreme Law of God do we speak and declare the things which hath been from the beginning and that which shall be at the end, but none of us is Judge of these things, Only the Most High.

And His Judgements, (like many things) in His Goodness, He has even Foretold How It Shall Be and in what manner it shall be, long and in advance. Like pre-knowing the judgement of a Court.

The Most High has already declared His Hatred for all things Evil and they are all listed down in the Bible eg calling He who is Good, evil, Rebellion, inventors of evil things, pervasion of judgements, rebrobate minds, men leaving the Natural use of woman, burning in lust one man to another and taking in themselves that which is unseemly, changing the Truth of God into a lie, worshiping and serving the creation rather than the Creator etc. Romans 2:21-30; Romans 2:8
Re: Atheists, What Is Your View On Morality? by karo93: 6:06pm On Apr 26, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You've brought in the issue of Law and Morals which is actually argued "law-making man or man making laws and Morals.

For morals is Always about Right and Good while Law is Always about that which is Allowed/Allowable and that which is Prohibited.

Morals and Right and Good every soul knows but the isn't really about this, it is rather always about God's Laws commonly called Natural Law and man's law/man's-wants law.

If you look at the nature of God's Laws you would see that there are 3 categories;1) Unbreakable Laws e.g (man shall live on the earth and not in the sea as a fish) 2) Breakable Laws e.g (do not kill/steal etc) and 3) what I call Discretionary Laws e.g (love your neighbour, Do Good etc).

On the other hand man only has one type of law which is a combination of the 2 of God's type of Law which is Breakable/Discretionary Laws Only.

And it is from this basis he foolishly challenges the Most High and All His Laws.

Before man was Law and the Law had set everything, but because man hath some power to against the Law, therefore he Rebels against the Law.

"recourse to its consequence on fellow humans." Where did All the Rights and Power and ability of Man come from? Who gave it to Him? What man baby or adult brought any right/power/ability with him when he born? Or which man made or manufactured himself, by himself?

It is Natural Law or God's Law who hath done everything.

Therefore by the Supreme Law of God do we speak and declare the things which hath been from the beginning and that which shall be at the end, but none of us is Judge of these things, Only the Most High.

And His Judgements, (like many things) in His Goodness, He has even Foretold How It Shall Be and in what manner it shall be, long and in advance. Like pre-knowing the judgement of a Court.

The Most High has already declared His Hatred for all things Evil and they are all listed down in the Bible eg calling He who is Good, evil, Rebellion, inventors of evil things, pervasion of judgements, rebrobate minds, men leaving the Natural use of woman, burning in lust one man to another and taking in themselves that which is unseemly, changing the Truth of God into a lie, worshiping and serving the creation rather than the Creator etc. Romans 2:21-30; Romans 2:8

Your argument is neat but will only make sense to someone who already believes in the very things you keep quoting and paraphrasing.

If this is meant to convince an unbeliever that all morals come from God then you still have a long way to go. However if you plan to say your own and let God do the convicting and convincing then you are fine.

All these "The most high declared his hatred on......" is not morality in the human sense unless you force all of us to believe in this Most high and consequently agree that he alone can decide what is right and wrong.

The atheist believes that the most high does not get to choose what is right and what is wrong and that is the basis of the whole thread.

One thing believers should remember is that quoting scriptures and saying things strictly from bible perspective only makes sense to you because you were brought up in it.

If a buddhist started drawing assertions from his religious book it will sound like gibberish to you and ofcourse you wont believe a single point he is making.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, What Is Your View On Morality? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:14pm On Apr 26, 2020
karo93:

Your argument is neat but will only make sense to someone who already believes in the very things you keep quoting and paraphrasing.

If this is meant to convince an unbeliever that all morals come from God then you still have a long way to go. However if you plan to say your own and let God do the convicting and convincing then you are fine.

All these "The most high declared his hatred on......" is not morality in the human sense unless you force all of us to believe in this Most high and consequently agree that he alone can decide what is right and wrong.

I repeat that morality is Always about Right and Wrong in all human affairs and after all the Rights and Wrongs, there must be a Judge and there is a judge who shall settle all that is Right and all that is Wrong, in this Right and Wrong world.

And it is Always Amazing that Everything the Bible said would Happen, Did happen. Buddha or anyone hasn't beaten the Bible on predictions. And I think that if I heard that another means of communicating with the Lord Above, gave instructions of good conduct like my own mode of worship and didn't even stop there but went ahead to predict what things shall happen in this earth and they did happen, appearing to have full control over the earth, this to me is great power and proof of controI and I would certainly be afraid and would look it up. But I am very thankful that I am on the side of the fence and it is rather that I am looking at the other means and seeing their flaws. And Also the Most High has provided that He would not end this world until everyone has truly heard about Him and has made their own personal unfettered decision to accept Him or reject Him, which ever they freely choose.

Freewill won't be freewill if people are not allowed to accept or reject any thing and all I am doing is to lay out the facts for everyone to come to an informed opinion. Their decision is truly theirs to make freely as i, mine.
Re: Atheists, What Is Your View On Morality? by karo93: 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I repeat that morality is Always about Right and Wrong in all human affairs and after all the Rights and Wrongs, there must be a Judge and there is a judge who shall settle all that is Right and all that is Wrong, in this Right and Wrong world.

And it is Always Amazing that Everything the Bible said would Happen, Did happen. Buddha or anyone hasn't beaten the Bible on predictions.

Freewill won't be freewill if people are not allowed to accept or reject any thing and all I am doing is to lay out the facts for everyone to come to an informed opinion. Their decision is truly theirs to make freely as i, mine.

The atheist believes that there is no one judge that settles anything about right and wrong. The idea being that whether you spend your life doing good or bad, you will die and it all ends there.

Right and wrong, Morality all ends in the grave.

The atheist believes no one will be rewarded for doing good things and no one will be punished for doing bad things. Your morality is personal, You do good or bad because you feel like and not because you are afraid of something or because you are expecting a reward.
Re: Atheists, What Is Your View On Morality? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:48pm On Apr 26, 2020
karo93:

The atheist believes that there is no one judge that settles anything about right and wrong. The idea being that whether you spend your life doing good or bad, you will die and it all ends there.

Right and wrong, Morality all ends in the grave.

The atheist believes no one will be rewarded for doing good things and no one will be punished for doing bad things. Your morality is personal, You do good or bad because you feel like and not because you are afraid of something or because you are expecting a reward.

Thats the power of Freewill and there is no greater exercise of freewill than for a man to make and unmake and make again his mind, without any hindrance

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asiyat Oyedepo Was Denied Good Care Till Her Death Just As Bishop Threatened / Christ Commanded His Disciples To Kill Unbelievers / How To Start Tomato Paste Production Business Here In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.