Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election (21482 Views)

Bayelsa 2023: APC Names Wike As Member Of Campaign Council / I'm In Governorship Race To Amend Where PDP Has Failed Abians — Orji (Video) / Jubilatons In Kano As PDP Leads APC In Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by AnonPoet: 5:51pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ebebi, Set to Tackle Sylva in the 2023 Bayelsa Governorship Election.

All is not rosy in the All Progressives Congress (APC) Bayelsa state as more internal battles unfold after their unexpected defeat at the last Governorship elections.

Key members of the party have expressed displeasure and concern over the current state of the party which rather than improving on previous behaviors after similar defeats, is sadly engrossed in a power tussle and quest to control the party structure.

Before, during and after the 2019 Bayelsa Governorship election, It was widely reported that the botched takeover plan by the Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylva, which informed his handpicking of Senator Degi Eremienyon as the running mate of David Lyon was to prepare the grounds for his return and take over in 2023 as governor.

It is equally true that the Minister has not in any way debunked or denied these facts despite his several statements and appearances in the media space.

In another development, a former deputy governor of the state, Chief Peremobowei Ebebi from Ekeremor LGA, who decamped from the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to APC during the 2019 Governorship election in Bayelsa State, has indicated interest to run for the vacant Bayelsa West Senatorial District seat under the APC platform. However, the Party leader in the State, chief Timipre Sylva, is opposed to the candidature of Chief Ebebi having insisted on maintaining the existing rotation formula in the district which disallows another candidate from Ekeremor LGA to run for the senatorial seat since Hon. Fred Agbedi from Ekeremor LGA, is already serving as the member representing the district in the Federal House of Representatives.

This position of the former minister therefore implies that the party will support a Senatorial candidate but that candidate must come from Sagbama LGA.

The decision did not go down well with the former deputy governor who historically had been in a political feud with the Minister. It is however obvious that Chief Ebebi has decided to continue with his desire to pursue his ambition of securing the senatorial seat and then the APC governorship ticket come 2023.

Chief Ebebi has expressed hopes that he would challenge and defeat Chief Sylva as the shameful failures of the party in the Governorship elections since 2011 in the state, coupled with the statewide rejection the minister has recieved as well as the national embarrassment he caused the party at the last election, wounds which all APC faithfuls are yet nursing, has revealed that he, the Minister, was no longer capable of leading the party in the State.

His recent endorsements by some youth bodies in Yenagoa recently sends a strong message that the former deputy governor reserves no apologies for discarding any existing rotation formula.

It is not however clear yet who Chief Sylva intends to flag as candidate from Sagbama LGA. Party leaders have expressed fears at the minister’s habit of foisting candidates and pray he doesn’t impose another candidate with conflicting credentials which will simply give the PDP a land slide victory especially if someone like the former Governor of Bayelsa State, Hon. Seriake Dickson decides to run.
https://leaders.ng/bayelsa-2023-ebebi-set-to-tackle-hetimipresylva-in-governorship-election/

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by CliffDike(m): 5:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
In-fighting has always been the trademark of the darkly evil "broom" party. From Rivers to Zamfara to Ondo to Lagos to Imo to Edo to Kogi etc. The story is the same in virtually all the 36 States of the federation!

You can't sow wind and not reap whirlwind!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by Eficator: 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Fighting for nothing

After fighting with themselves, PDP will still win the general election smiley wink

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by Kennitrust(m): 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
In the middle of this pandemic, the rich mind their fight for power and ask the poor citizens to stay at home.

Do this people know how useless their quest for power will be if this pandemic overpowered us?

At time like this, politics has been put on a halt but Nigeria politicians sees everything as politics.

Just pray we survive this invited visitor.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by Kennitrust(m): 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Political talk is nonsense at this time undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
NIGER DELTA POLITICS

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by fergie001: 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Ebebi that can't tackle Seriake in his Senatorial Zone with 2 LGAs...intends to tackle Sylva....what's this man smoking?

Seriake was from your Zone and he has done 2 terms...

Right from when he was Speaker and Deputy-Gov...I knew his weed was stock-made.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by Neimar: 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
2020 neva finish this fat pig dy think of 2023 grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by fashrola(m): 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Let's all be sensitive for once... We are battling with Covid-19 pandemic and here we are discussing about 2023 politics smh
Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
When we are still battling coronavirus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by drizslim(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
These politicians all are self centred, scheming for 2023 while we are struggling to live in 2020

9 Likes

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by jikins(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
They can tackle all they like but PDP will still win.

Patronise your boy biko

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by asobo: 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
Oga survive covik one nine first. 2023 is still far oga
Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
A
Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
I never had anything in mind to say immediately i saw the FToFT, but then i went back, clicked open the thread. I quickly glanced through the page like my data network would race with me but unfortunately it didn't but fortunately i realized i can still air my view on this topic right at the middle of the

[b]F[/b]irst
[b]T[/b]opic
o
[b]F[/]ront
[b]P[/b]age

But then i saw this face

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11411945_ebebisylva1678x381_jpeg725a9bb1d5b80fc718434671b0c51533

At first, i uttered something silent 'see his face' but then i realised i was wrong probably from the notion i had about the topic at first. Yes, why would anyone talk about useless personal political pursue his and his kinds have, that has given us NOTHING but they A pest on the nation's treasury. Pathetic!
Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by sanpipita(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
We haven't survived covid 19 and some people are talking about 2023

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by Bilabong(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
On to the next topic
jikins:
H

Bloõdy space booker

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by athaboi(f): 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
Una don start
Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by Baalejasper: 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
grin grin grin I laugh in Spanish
Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by ddippset(m): 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
They better hope that corona will keep them alive till 2023.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by PureGoldh(m): 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
Fingers crossed...let's watch and see how it goes

Just incase you need Raw Unadulterated Honey.. contact 081 0166 67 71 let's talk about it..Stay safe fam...No hug or handshake dx period
Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by Hisincrease: 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
Do you see how these idiots' disposition to life and humanity?

How does their personal selfish ambition help the local man who needs food and water?

If I say Coronavirus fire them now, e go be like say.... Infact thunder fire these 2023 politicians for bringing this situation to us.

Nansense. undecided
Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by JubrinElSudan: 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
2023 when no one is sure of seeing tomorrow. Even the new government hasnt spent up to 6 months on the seat

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by DEROX: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
abeg my people when is fg sending the money o wan repair my laptop screen
Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by humberjade: 6:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
SMH...with everything going on around us, these political robbers are already thinking about another election.
Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
We have the issue that is on ground. Killing people which is corona virus
People are dieing this peope are talking about 2023
They should first pray for long life before thinking about the election
And we are not even in 2023
May God help us
Re: Bayelsa 2023: Ebebi Set To Tackle Timipre Sylva In Governorship Election by atobs4real(m): 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
Go ahead. The sky is your limit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Inspects The Lagos Red Line Rail Project (Videos & Pics) / Buhari & Saraki Attend Special Prayer For Nigerian 56th Independence Anniversary / Buhari’s Homegrown School Feeding Programme Kicks Off In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.