Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? (2847 Views)

Adventure In Ireland / Ireland Or Australia / Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by peek(f): 6:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
Travel experts, residents of Ireland, UK and good nairalanders...

A brother is in a tight decision, whether to choose Ireland masters over UK.

Uk Pros: He is ready to migrate dependants along; spouse can work also
UK Cons: capital intensive; have to balance tuition for first few months of arrival; cost of coping with wife and 2 kids

Ireland pros: no tuition Debt, pay all; less cost of process,
Ireland cons: no dependant, student only

Both have 2 years work permit

Is there any possibility of spouse approval of study visa for matured student (international foundation course) in Ireland, while the kids wait few months? Or face UK ?

Your candid advice will be appreciated.
Re: Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
Even Irish people are moving to uk. The 2 years post study na uber and security work you go use am do

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by egojeny1(f): 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
But I thought Ireland is in UK?? I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by Amotolongbo(f): 7:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
egojeny1:
Nope.

There is Northern Ireland which is part of the UK. It is just about one-sixth of the Irish Island.

The other part of the Island is the Republic of Ireland, an independent nation that ceceeded from the United kingdom in the early 20th century.

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland comprises of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) and Northern Ireland

14 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by omoiyamayor(m): 7:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
egojeny1:
northern Ireland is part of the UK,rep.of Ireland is country of it own.
Re: Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Nope.

There is Northern Ireland which is part of the UK. It is just about one-sixth of the Irish Island.

The other part of the Island is the Republic of Ireland, an independent nation that ceceeded from the United kingdom in the early 20th century.

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland comprises of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) and Northern Ireland
Even me use to think they're the same
Not until I checked the world time zone
That's when I know that they're different
Re: Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by isaacotokhagua: 10:42am On Apr 24, 2020
Go to UK. Ireland schools still link more to UK.
Re: Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by morinto: 11:14am On Apr 24, 2020
If your brother is going into ICT or medical technology then Ireland is the country to do that. Ireland is the ICT hub of Europe. Most big ICT firm such as Facebook, google, Microsoft and others have their European head quarter in Ireland. Ireland minimum wage is bigger than that of UK and Ireland are looking for skill ICT workers. But the disadvantages of Ireland to U.K is that it is a smaller country compare to u.k meaning that UK have a lot of job opportunities than Ireland in other field except for ICT. UK has been used to black for so long unlike the Ireland which just started opening their border. UK is not in the E.U which might favor them or not but right now getting a job in u.k will be easier because dey don't have to pick E.U expert before other continent. So with few stuff I know about them u can also do your research and make the best decision and also pray to God that is the most important thing to direct your steps. Wish u the best

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by themaestro08(m): 1:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
egojeny1:

Northern Ireland is among the 4 countries that together to make the UK. The rest: Scotland, England and wales.

On the other hand Republic of ireland is a sovereign country.( its the country in question)
Re: Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by egojeny1(f): 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Nope.

Alright. Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by peek(f): 12:41am On May 03, 2020
Honestly, am very grateful to everyone that have put up there comments here. You have done far more than google can do.

May God grant everyone his or her heart desires.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by peek(f): 1:04am On May 03, 2020
After your response, I inquired of the discipline, of course it's IT, Cyber security for Ireland to be precised, while the UK is Aerospace Engineering.

He has been more on the Ireland side for some days now, although the pandemic still delaying payment. As ICT is fascinating in Ireland just as you said, Aerospace Engineering may be like going back to the bsc days (computer Engineering).

Total cost on each may be another factor.
Ireland-7m approx.
UK-6m approx. (Outside London)
Excluding tickets and UK installmental balance of about 3.5m
( I stand to be corrected )

morinto:
If your brother is going into ICT or medical technology then Ireland is the country to do that. Ireland is the ICT hub of Europe. Most big ICT firm such as Facebook, google, Microsoft and others have their European head quarter in Ireland. Ireland minimum wage is bigger than that of UK and Ireland are looking for skill ICT workers. But the disadvantages of Ireland to U.K is that it is a smaller country compare to u.k meaning that UK have a lot of job opportunities than Ireland in other field except for ICT. UK has been used to black for so long unlike the Ireland which just started opening their border. UK is not in the E.U which might favor them or not but right now getting a job in u.k will be easier because dey don't have to pick E.U expert before other continent. So with few stuff I know about them u can also do your research and make the best decision and also pray to God that is the most important thing to direct your steps. Wish u the best
Re: Which Is Better: Ireland Or UK? by bamdexfarms(m): 4:22am On May 03, 2020
Permit me to derail a bit. Why not try Germany? ICT is HOT cake here with fantastic pay. He doesn't even need to learn the language to get an ICT job upon graduation. Also, the money he wants to budget for fees in the UK or Ireland can be used for his upkeep (blocked account) for 1 year in Germany because tuition is free here. He is also entitled to apply for a family reunion visa for you and the children. ICT students get a very nice student job even while studying. Even if he doesn't want to stay in Germany upon graduation, he can then decide to apply for ICT jobs in the UK or Ireland, which will be a piece of cake. You guys can check daad.de for ICT courses in Germany. Applications into universities in Germany are ongoing. There is a cybersecurity course at Brandenburg Technical University, Cottbus for your consideration.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Applying For Australian Student Visa / Nigerians Living In Netherlands (holland) How Is Life? / Photographer Travels From Yakutsk To Oymyakon, The Coldest Village On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.