Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,928 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple (1638 Views)

Homeless Man And Wife Get Help From Twitter As They Go Viral / World Shortest Married Couple In Brazil (Photos) / Would You Accept An Ex As A Maid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by Healingstringz(m): 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
*Your opinion please*

There was nothing at home, no money in account and the children were hungry. He started thinking of way out. Who can I meet in this lockdown period?
It's serious a issue. He felt embarrassed that his family could not eat properly.

As he was scrolling on his phone then he found his Ex- Lover's Number. Old memory came and he decided to send a funny message as thus, "My wife that run away with another rich man. Tell your husband to send #2k because he snatched my wife".

After a minute the lady replied as thus, "Tell me you don't have money, old husband". Then he replied, " Yes, I don't have money, just send something". In a nutshell, the lady send 20k into his account instantly.

He jumped up, took his Visa card to the nearest ATM and withdraw. He gave his wife 10k and keep the remaining. He lied to her that a friend sent the money. She buys food stuff and prepare food. He was eating and left his phone on the TV when a message came from his EX asking if he had seen the money.

His wife saw the message, she took time to read the previous message. Now, his wife suspend everything. She decided to be starved than to eat from that food. He tried to explain but all in vain. Worst part of it is that she instructed the children not to taste or touch the food.

*Is the man justified?*
*Is the woman right with her action?*
*How can the situation be handled?*
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by FINESHIRT(m): 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2020
sad
Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by Glink2018(m): 6:50pm On Apr 23, 2020
Lemme go and ask Buhari about it...please wait for me here while I go...

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
A) nothing wrong with asking an ex for help (beggars cannot be choosy)
B) lying to his wife about where the money came from was WRONG
C) as much as the husband made a mistake lying to wifey, unless she can provide for food, she best keep quiet, be humble AND most importantly, GRATEFUL!
D) her childish reaction clearly confirms why husband lied... as his foolish wife now rather starve to death than eat from that food
E) make sure hubby keeps some of the money so he can bury that foolish wife when she dies of hunger.

LIFE GOES ON!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by Oluromantic: 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
C) as much as the husband made a mistake lying to wifey, unless she can provide for food, she best keep quiet, be humble AND most importantly, GRATEFUL!
D) her childish reaction clearly confirms why husband lied... as his foolish wife now rather starve to death than eat from that food
E) make sure hubby keeps some of the money so he can bury that foolish wife when she dies of hunger.

LIFE GOES ON!

Lemme ask you, is it an enemy that sent that money? It was not a lover at the moment or a side chick. An ex-lover... Someone he once knew before he married. Not someone he's having an extramarital affair with at the moment. The wife is stupid.

It's the stupidity that made her husband not open up fully to her at first. I don't like such extremely delicate emotional babies o. I trust my gf. She's super mature... I can tell her anything and that's why I chose her!

And what the woman asked for later (if he's gotten the money) is not bad enough to suspect anything. The wife is just a complicated being.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by bukatyne(f): 8:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
Healingstringz:
*Your opinion please*

There was nothing at home, no money in account and the children were hungry. He started thinking of way out. Who can I meet in this lockdown period?
It's serious a issue. He felt embarrassed that his family could not eat properly.

As he was scrolling on his phone then he found his Ex- Lover's Number. Old memory came and he decided to send a funny message as thus, "My wife that run away with another rich man. Tell your husband to send #2k because he snatched my wife".

After a minute the lady replied as thus, "Tell me you don't have money, old husband". Then he replied, " Yes, I don't have money, just send something". In a nutshell, the lady send 20k into his account instantly.

He jumped up, took his Visa card to the nearest ATM and withdraw. He gave his wife 10k and keep the remaining. He lied to her that a friend sent the money. She buys food stuff and prepare food. He was eating and left his phone on the TV when a message came from his EX asking if he had seen the money.

His wife saw the message, she took time to read the previous message. Now, his wife suspend everything. She decided to be starved than to eat from that food. He tried to explain but all in vain. Worst part of it is that she instructed the children not to taste or touch the food.

*Is the man justified?*

When we have to start lying to our spouses, it just shows we are about to do something wrong/ unapproved by them.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by Twoclans(f): 8:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

LIFE GOES ON!

She better swallow her pride and eat before lockdown hunger will make coronavirus symptoms develop in her body.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by Ishilove: 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2020
Women, hustle o. Don't be a liability in your home!!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by roseb1(f): 9:13pm On Apr 23, 2020
What if it's the other way round, the woman collecting money from her Ex boyfriend to feed the family, will the husband take it considering how egocentric men can be a times?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by doitforyou(f): 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2020
There’s no justification in lying to your spouse. Her anger is justified, he gave a misleading account which made everything look suspicious. The wording of the text also didn’t help, it implied his ex was the one that got away. He should apologize for his deceit.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by emmaodet: 11:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Twoclans:

She better swallow her pride and eat before lockdown hunger will make coronavirus symptoms develop in her body.

But you know it can go the other way round too.
The wife calls or chat her ex up and he supports the woman with money.
How will the man feel too? Will he eat the said food?
Abeni lori o le gba ki ida koja lori e - A killer will not allow others to kill him with his own weapon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:31am On Apr 24, 2020
The wife is justified! She did what a sensible person would do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by absolutefrag: 6:24am On Apr 24, 2020
emmaodet:

Abeni lori o le gba ki ida koja lori e - A killer will not allow others to kill him with his own weapon.

Let me translate the Yoruba grin.

"The person that beheads people cannot allow a sword pass anywhere near his head"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by Richy4(m): 6:39am On Apr 24, 2020
This is so tricky considering the fact that no sensible man would watch their children starve..

I am a firm believer that anything Ex should remain in the dustbin of history. But in this case, hmmmm! !!. and if reverse was the case, I don't think I can handle it as a man.

So instead of answering the question, let me do what parents usually do when asked difficult questions they were uncomfortable answering. (Confrontation) OP, How dare you bring this kind of question.... don't u know that this kinda question is against our religion beliefs, our social belief, our economic belief... just ask good questions and I will answer u cheesy grin lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by realtalk19: 7:11am On Apr 24, 2020
Healingstringz:
*Your opinion please*

*Is the man justified?*

Hunger bad. Trying to survive instincts at work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by emmaodet: 7:30am On Apr 24, 2020
absolutefrag:

Let me translate the Yoruba grin.

"The person that beheads people cannot allow a sword pass anywhere near his head"

grin

Thanks bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by ednut1(m): 8:39am On Apr 24, 2020
Hunger bad

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 24, 2020
Hope the ex (woman) also notify her husband before sending that cash?
I'm sure if she does, the same trouble in this house will be times two in her own house.

Why can't people learn to leave their ex alone for crying out loud?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:53am On Apr 24, 2020
He should appologise and promise that he will never cheat on her. He should also promise to stop further contact with that ex, the wife should forgive and move on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by bestabigaelever(f): 10:11am On Apr 24, 2020
The wife is justified, no man will take such from woman too
If only he told her how he got the money, I'm sure the wife will understand

I hate lies, that's why I want people to tell me the truth, I can handle it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by Ohyinkansola(f): 11:02am On Apr 24, 2020
[color=#770077][/color] There is nothing bad in it since he is nt having any affairs with her. The wife should cool down and allow peace to reign.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by khatea: 11:55am On Apr 24, 2020
bukatyne:

When we have to start lying to our spouses, it just shows we are about to do something wrong/ unapproved by them.

Justifies the saying "sin thrives in secrecy". The hubby shld v let her know where d money came from

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by cococandy(f): 12:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
The woman was justified in her action.
If I’m the man, I won’t reject the money. Just being realistic
But he should have told her.
Also if I’m the woman, I’ll accept it from my ex as long as there are no strings attached but I’ll also not keep it a secret.

That money is supposed to help them not hurt them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by SweetCunt97(f): 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
He should appologise and promise that he will never cheat on her. He should also promise to stop further contact with that ex, the wife should forgive and move on.
Wife that's clueless on how her family will feed when faced with hunger still get pride not to eat food an ex sent money for? This ex is married and poses no threat. Personally I'd give my husband good scope to collect more money sef.. Lolzzz. The only fault d man had was not telling her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Why are many people on this thread saying the woman is not supportive? She may be gainfully employed, but is currently idle due to lockdown.dont be quick to conclude the ex poses no threat o, you should know what men are, they can do and undo. If the wife is wise, she should forgive and move on
SweetCunt97:
Wife that's clueless on how her family will feed when faced with hunger still get pride not to eat food an ex sent money for? This ex is married and poses no threat. Personally I'd give my husband good scope to collect more money sef.. Lolzzz. The only fault d man had was not telling her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by fireback: 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
roseb1:
What if it's the other way round, the woman collecting money from her Ex boyfriend to feed the family, will the husband take it considering how egocentric men can be a times?
if she's the bread winner, no problem, but as long as the husband is the bread winner, she has no right to complain. after all she cannot be so sure of the source of the all the money she has been collecting from the husband previously.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by Twoclans(f): 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
emmaodet:

My dear just incase you dont know I am not your normal nairaland small girl who believes in roses.That said ,I wish you know how many wives that take money from their exes to run the home.That is why its extremely important for every human being to atleast be able to take care of their basic needs so that necessity will not push you to what is not normal.

Take a look at nairaland and see how account numbers are littered everywhere .Its no joke people are hungry.Hence the desperation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by Greatzeus(m): 4:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Nobody is asking why a married man still have his Ex phone number on his contact?
Well I believe the man is a weak ass that would cheat with his ex if opportunity presents itself.
This is the problem I have with beggers especially those who beg online. Anybody can have financial difficulty at some point in life but don't go asking just anybody for help.
What happened to Siblings,friends, colleagues etc none could come to your aid? Maybe you the devil then who never helped anyone before.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by emmaodet: 5:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
Twoclans:

My dear just incase you dont know I am not your normal nairaland small girl who believes in roses.That said ,I wish you know how many wives that take money from their exes to run the home.That is why its extremely important for every human being to atleast be able to take care of their basic needs so that necessity will not push you to what is not normal.

Take a look at nairaland and see how account numbers are littered everywhere .Its no joke people are hungry.Hence the desperation.

Sure, you are right.
Marrying a hardworking, resourceful and productive lady is better than a beautiful liability.
May God help us all in our decision making.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by Twoclans(f): 6:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
emmaodet:

Sure, you are right.
Marrying a hardworking, resourceful and productive lady is better than a beautiful liability.
May God help us all in our decision making.

Amen to your decision making prayer .

Permit me to draw your attention to something ,marrying a resourceful,hardworking and productive man is also better than marrying an alpha male.

Alot of women are bread winners this days with their husbands just sitting and eating .May that not be your portion .Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by LeRabbite: 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
Greatzeus:
Nobody is asking why a married man still have his Ex phone number on his contact?
Well I believe the man is a weak ass that would cheat with his ex if opportunity presents itself.
This is the problem I have with beggers especially those who beg online. Anybody can have financial difficulty at some point in life but don't go asking just anybody for help.
What happened to Siblings,friends, colleagues etc none could come to your aid? Maybe you the devil then who never helped anyone before.

Totally agree with this.

I wouldn’t approve if my wife did that, I wouldn’t do that either. We should always be fair in our dealings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Getting Help From An EX As A Married Couple by emmaodet: 8:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
Twoclans:

Amen to your decision making prayer .

Permit me to draw your attention to something marrying a resourceful,hardworking and productive man is also better than marrying an alpha male.

Alot of women are bread winners this days with their husbands just sitting and eating .May that not be your portion .Amen.

At the bolded, Amen oooo though am a man and married sha.
Sometimes, a lot of men want to work but no job or they do business but not profitable.. The race is not for the strong, smart or hardworking but time and chance happens to all - Book of proverbs.
Also, there is a Yoruba poem that says - Ti a ko ba ri eni fi eyin ti, bi ole la ri - if we don't have a family or friend to support financially, morally and psychologically our dreams, ideas or aspirations, you will be seen and considered a Lazy man.

May God help us all.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get My Act Together Again. Family Issues / Is It Wise To Marry A Girl Who Have Be Delivered From Marine Spirit / R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.