Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. (1940 Views)

Check Out This 450 Pound Dog. It Has Outgrown It's Owner / Help ! Since I Bought This Dog It Has Not Barked For Even 1 Day ! / When Is The Best Time To Tell The Dog It Was Adopted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by harmony940(m): 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Please house my dog is having this skin infection I have called a vet and he has administered some injections but it's getting worse by the day,please dog lovers kindly help me out with what I can use to cure this,it's making him feel uncomfortable....

Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
Get ur dog checked out. I heard animals can get Covid-19 as well.

Stay safe and be sure of what u r dealing with.
Goodluck and read that link

https://www.marca.com/en/lifestyle/2020/04/23/5ea1893f46163f9f5f8b45d4.html
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by harmony940(m): 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
Thanks so much for your response,this is not covid 19 in anyway,it's just a skin infection....Yes my vet is treating it but am not satisfied with his treatment,it's getting worse by the day....That's just the challenge an having...
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
harmony940:
Thanks so much for your response,this is not covid 19 in anyway,it's just a skin infection....Yes my vet is treating it but am not satisfied with his treatment,it's getting worse by the day....That's just the challenge an having...

Alright. If u r so sure its just a skin infection, then continue treatment, mayb he needs time to respond to it.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by harmony940(m): 7:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
I am just not too comfortable with the vet,I am seriously in doubts of his qualifications,may God help us in this country,thanks once more for the contribution
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by festaclanre: 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
harmony940:
Please house my dog is having this skin infection I have called a vet and he has administered some injections but it's getting worse by the day,please dog lovers kindly help me out with what I can use to cure this,it's making him feel uncomfortable....
try chamil plus cream. get it from pet store and apply. you will thanks me later
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by Geepee77(m): 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
Coconut Oil + Vaseline will do magic to it.
Coconut oil has antibacterial qualities and it's not poisonous if the dog licks it. Apply plenty coconut oil to the infected area. Let the oil to stay for like 10 minutes, and then apply the Vaseline on top the affected areas.... That's for the external part.

For the internal part, get antibiotics and give the dog.
Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by Jaidooo(m): 9:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Thats mange. I use gadol oil(water based) to treat my dogs. Check a pet store near you. Buy a dog soap too, apply d gadol oil after bathing.
NB: the gadol is to be mixed with water. Like a cap to 150mls water
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by harmony940(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
festaclanre:
try chamil plus cream. get it from pet store and apply. you will thanks me later
Thanks so much,I will try it tomorrow....

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by spinna: 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
Listerine and babyoil will kill the mites causing the mange.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by elpochas: 5:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
harmony940:
your dog look like my own dog to,same colour,face and height.mine is pure beorboel.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by harmony940(m): 7:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
elpochas:
your dog look like my own dog to,same colour,face and height.mine is pure beorboel.

My dog is pure bread too.....Very pure I know her family,kindle.,SA.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by elpochas: 7:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
harmony940:

My dog is pure bread too.....Very pure I know her family,kindle.,SA.
my own is female and she has never given birth to her type or colour.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by harmony940(m): 7:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
elpochas:
my own is female and she has never given birth to her type or colour.

The colour is very rare,but she will,just make sure she mate with a pure bread,that's just the challenge.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by elpochas: 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
harmony940:

The colour is very rare,but she will,just make sure she mate with a pure bread,that's just the challenge.
ok.bt pure breeds are rare.the once hv seen are boerboel that looks like bull dog dat has muscle.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by harmony940(m): 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
elpochas:
ok.bt pure breeds are rare.the once hv seen are boerboel that looks like bull dog dat has muscle.

Don't know where you resides,but there are pure breads male at least 4 that I know of.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by elpochas: 8:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
harmony940:

Don't know where you resides,but there are pure breads male at least 4 that I know of.
i dY Ph o.bt dnt want my dog to take again dis period o.covid 19 has made tins so hard.for your dog infection go to a vet shop with d pics of your dog.i think they can give u a cream.seems like your dog likes staying in wet sandy or cemented plaz.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by harmony940(m): 8:17pm On Apr 24, 2020
elpochas:
i dY Ph o.bt dnt want my dog to take again dis period o.covid 19 has made tins so hard.for your dog infection go to a vet shop with d pics of your dog.i think they can give u a cream.seems like your dog likes staying in wet sandy or cemented plaz.
Thanks he is undergoing some treatments,he will be ok I believe,he is a very strong dog.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by chiboy1116: 2:37pm On May 21, 2020
Jaidooo:
Thats mange. I use gadol oil(water based) to treat my dogs. Check a pet store near you. Buy a dog soap too, apply d gadol oil after bathing.
NB: the gadol is to be mixed with water. Like a cap to 150mls water
where can one get gadol oil ? And are there other alternatives to gadol oil?
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by chiboy1116: 2:38pm On May 21, 2020
Geepee77:
Coconut Oil + Vaseline will do magic to it.
Coconut oil has antibacterial qualities and it's not poisonous if the dog licks it. Apply plenty coconut oil to the infected area. Let the oil to stay for like 10 minutes, and then apply the Vaseline on top the affected areas.... That's for the external part.

For the internal part, get antibiotics and give the dog.
Thank me later.
what kind of coconut oil pls
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by Jaidooo(m): 2:40pm On May 21, 2020
chiboy1116:
where can one get gadol oil ? And are there other alternatives to gadol oil?
I get from my vet. Go to a pet store or visit your vet. They can suggest an alternate. But the gadol oil goes for just #700
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by adisabarber(m): 2:46pm On May 21, 2020
Magne. It will clear up since your vet already started treating it. No need to panic.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by chiboy1116: 2:51pm On May 21, 2020
Jaidooo:

I get from my vet. Go to a pet store or visit your vet. They can suggest an alternate. But the gadol oil goes for just #700
alright , thanks . What about amitrax ?
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by Geepee77(m): 4:22pm On May 21, 2020
chiboy1116:
what kind of coconut oil pls

Another coconut oil dey? Go to the market and tell them you want to buy coconut oil, Yoruba calls it idi agbon. Even the oil smells like coconut.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 21, 2020
This is what they call mange
Go to a pet store and ask for black oil and how to apply it
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by chiboy1116: 8:20pm On May 21, 2020
Geepee77:

Another coconut oil dey? Go to the market and tell them you want to buy coconut oil, Yoruba calls it idi agbon. Even the oil smells like coconut.
alright man thanks alot.
Re: Please Help My Dog,it's Having This Skin Disease. by Trippledots(m): 4:05am On Apr 15
How did this end up, OP?

(1) (Reply)

Quality Slant Back German Shepard Puppies For Sale In Abeokuta / german Shepard mix Caucasian to form pure black l For Crossing(badagry) / Imported Rott Stud Available In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.