Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent (4473 Views)

SA Man Kills His Colleague, Removes His Intestines & Takes Selfies (Graphic Pix) / Anambra Landlord Stabbed To Death By His Tenant (Graphic Pics) / Zambian Landlady Pours Hot Porridge On Tenant's 1-Year-Old Baby Over Unpaid Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by Naijabazegist(m): 8:28pm On Apr 23, 2020

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by bluemansion: 8:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
If this woman's predicament trends now, you'll see help coming her way.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
Son of man were re thou conscience?

1 Like

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
Naijabazegist:
https://www.thengblog.com.ng/2020/04/landlord-removes-his-tenants-door-and.html
I will just go to the police and report that my landlord broke into my apartment and cart away valuables.
Since he wants to be mad, let's be mad together

5 Likes

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by FirstCounsel(m): 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
Very unfortunate, but under our Laws(Tenancy Laws) it's illegal for a landlord to resort to self help under any guise. The Tenant can bring an action in Court successfully against the Landlord for this criminality.

5 Likes

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by donbachi(m): 9:14pm On Apr 23, 2020
Senseless landlord.
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by NwaNimo1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 23, 2020
Just the beginning...
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by Kylekent59: 9:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
shocked

That tenant is very wicked. Why hasn't he paid his rent when it's due.
The landlady should arrest the tenant and made sure he pays for those damages she's done.

If he had paid his rent, this wouldn't have happened. Many would criticize me for my comment, but if they were the landlady, they would have done worst.

To build house isn't easy, not to talk more of the expenses, Omo oniles, increase in price of cement and block, and most importantly, buying sand and granite of which you must pay 1k on every streets you ply.

13 Likes

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by aremuforlife(m): 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2020
Why are you all condemning the landlord? That may be is only livelihood
You can not feel too comfortable in another man's properties, even in sane nations, there is no freebies.

8 Likes

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by dulux07(m): 9:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
People are always quick to blame the landlord, same way people tend to blame a driver whenever a pedestrian is being hit without knowing what really happened.

Do you know why she hasn't paid her rent?
Do you know how long the landlord has been patient?
What if rent fee is the only source of income for the landlord?
Do you know how painful it is to build a house, and watch tenants try to cheat you.
For the landlord to even destroy his own property just to chase away a tenant speaks volume.

Let the op get us the other side of the story, then you can judge.
Don't think this is Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by aremuforlife(m): 9:29pm On Apr 23, 2020
[/quote][quote author=FirstCounsel post=88780661]Very unfortunate, but under our Laws(Tenancy Laws) it's illegal for a landlord to resort to self help under any guise. The Tenant can bring an action in Court successfully against the Landlord for this criminality.
Why is our tenancy laws so biased, it only protect the tenant without considering the landlord. It is only in Nigeria, you will see a tenant occupying a rentage accommodation for years without paying.
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
dulux07:
People are always quick to blame the landlord, same way people tend to blame a driver whenever a pedestrian is being hit without knowing what really happened.

Do you know how painful it is to build a house, and watch tenants try to cheat you.
For the landlord to even destroy his own property just to chase a way a tenant speaks volume.

Not many have such understanding as you have displayed here.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by properties4sale: 9:32pm On Apr 23, 2020
dulux07:

For the landlord to even destroy his own property just to chase a way a tenant speaks volume.

Well said, I did same thing tonone of my tenants!!, brought out his properties and remove all my roof.
Wicked tenants everywhere; him get money to fvck woman not to pay my rent. Idiot

1 Like

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by godofuck231: 9:34pm On Apr 23, 2020
southniyikaye:
I will just go to the police and report that my landlord broke into my apartment and cart away valuables.
yes that's the kind of Tenant she is and that's the treatment to deal with crooks, crooked pills
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by dulux07(m): 9:36pm On Apr 23, 2020
properties4sale:

Well said, I did same thing tonone of my tenants!!, brought out his properties and remove all my roof.
Wicked tenants everywhere; him get money to fvck woman not to pay my rent. Idiot
Don't mind people, some tenants are just evil, and the justice system is frustrating, slow, money consuming and unreliable. You just have to do all you can to chase them out.
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
With a good lawyer, this landlord might have to sell this house to compensate the tenant. You never see anything

1 Like

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by daddytime(m): 9:46pm On Apr 23, 2020
This must be one of those East African countries.
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by Ogonimilitant(m): 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2020
ok
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Haa

Evil really exists ooo
What does he now expect the tenant to do this rainy season

And besides isn't this illegal
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by FirstCounsel(m): 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2020
aremuforlife:

Why is our tenancy laws so biased, it only protect the tenant without considering the landlord. It is only in Nigeria, you will see a tenant occupying a rentage accommodation for years without paying.
Not quite so. The Tenancy Laws of Lagos state that I am quite familiar with is balanced. The thing is our people are not patient and would never follow due Process. There's no way a Tenant can stay in your property for years without paying if you involve a lawyer who knows what he's doing.
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by FirstCounsel(m): 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2020
DDeliverer:
With a good lawyer, this landlord might have to sell this house to compensate the tenant. You never see anything
Exactly
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by Lanretoye(m): 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
Son of man were re thou conscience?
So if you dey sell food,make person dey chop every time make e no pay,you go dey look.
That property is his business and he expects returns from it when due...that’s how one tenant stayed almost 4 years in my compound without paying a dime,owing over 600k. The worst part is that he works with Sheraton in Lagos but he won’t pay rent but always flexing and womanizing in the area.some tenants can be wicked and heartless.
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by NinjaMetahuman: 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
DDeliverer:
dey Bobo yourself.

It's his property..

If the landlord did the right things (like serve proper eviction notice and waited for the time to laspe etc) as stipulated by the laws.

Let the tenant go and hire Saul, he/she will lose and still pay for damages self.

Just like government owns all land, if they want demolish properties that are being illegally occupied in an area, they serve quit notice and demolish them. Go and Sue them let's see if you will win.

Same thing applies to your property.

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by SolomonProsperi(m): 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
STAY AT HOME AND LEARN

I can show you a way to get paid Udemy courses for free!!

If you are interested, Whatsapp "Interested" to
0702 609 4923
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by aremuforlife(m): 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
[/quote][quote author=FirstCounsel post=88784097].
Not quite so. The Tenancy Laws of Lagos state that I am quite familiar with is balanced. The thing is our people are not patient and would never follow due Process. There's no way a Tenant can stay in your property for years without paying if you involve a lawyer who knows what he's doing.
I have seen a tenant who spent 6 years while withholding the owners money, they starting moving from one court to another.
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by FirstCounsel(m): 12:06am On Apr 24, 2020
aremuforlife:

I have seen a tenant who spent 6 years while withholding the owners money, they starting moving from one court to another.
You need to be very proactive and be one step ahead of your Tenants. Why would a landlord allow a tenant owe for 6 years? There's more to having a building properly managed. A landlord who is abreast with the laws "and knows what he's doing" wouldn't fall into the hands of wrong tenants. Most times they leave things too late and begin to complain and point fingers.
Peace bro.
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by layzie: 12:18am On Apr 24, 2020
FirstCounsel:
You need to be very proactive and be one step ahead of your Tenants. Why would a landlord allow a tenant owe for 6 years? There's more to having a building properly managed. A landlord who is abreast with the laws "and knows what he's doing" wouldn't fall into the hands of wrong tenants. Most times they leave things too late and begin to complain and point fingers.
Peace bro.

Explain the proactive part on the landlord.

Most times, it starts with 1 year debt and a lot of begging. Before u know it another year. Then u as landlord begin to follow due process- the courts, another year or two gone with the slow judicial system.
So throw more light on your quoted post.
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by remele2(f): 1:16am On Apr 24, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

The landlady should arrest the tenant and made sure he pays for those damages she's done.

If he had paid his rent, this wouldn't have happened. Many would criticize me for my comment, but if they were the landlady, they would have done worst.

To build house isn't easy, not to talk more of the expenses, Omo oniles, increase in price of cement and block, and most importantly, buying sand and granite of which you must pay 1k on every road you are passing.
and u buy doz blocks every day.... Chieeee
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by ceejay80s(m): 5:25am On Apr 24, 2020
Kylekent59:
shocked

To build house isn't easy, not to talk more of the expenses, Omo oniles, increase in price of cement and block, and most importantly, buying sand and granite of which you must pay 1k on every road you are passing.
See as dustbin dey comot from ur mouth, u can't even speak simple English, u are full of wickedness and hatred, I pity ur filthy condition, how can u be so heartless, remember *karma is a bi'a'tch*
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by Kylekent59: 8:07am On Apr 24, 2020
ceejay80s:

See as dustbin dey comot from ur mouth, u can't even speak simple English, u are full of wickedness and hatred, I pity ur filthy condition, how can u be so heartless, remember *karma is a bi'a'tch*

I agree with you, but could you please tell me what simple English has done for you?

Like your achievements?

Point out my error since you've said i can't even speak simple English.

How can you be on the Internet and be speaking english shocked shocked shocked
He should have used "type or rather comment using simple english."

I ain't the reason or cause of the lockdown, if you're hungry, devastated or even perplexed, please go channel your anger to someone else.
Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by Kelubia14: 8:13am On Apr 24, 2020
Some tenants can be so annoying..are you telling me that the tenant don't have savings this while even 6 months rent.most landlord depends on rent for their upkeep.in Nigeria,you find someone living in 2 bedroom flat but can't pay rent, while not go for two rooms instead.tenants are the cause of landlord action...but some brainless person on this thread will always be quick to blame the landlord.has the landlord done bad to accommodate you.lets tell the truth for once...

1 Like

Re: Landlord Removes His Tenant's Door And Roof Over Unpaid Rent by AroOkigbo(m): 10:14am On Apr 24, 2020
southniyikaye:
Instead of paying him his rent?
Won't you be a landlord in the future?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military Man Breaks Up With Fiancée After Shooting Prewedding Photos (photo) / Disturbing Photo:head Of The Woman Who Was Beheaded Beign Paraded Round Kano / My Father Pushed Me Into The Bathroom And Disvirgined Me – 17-year-old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.