Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 (402 Views)

The Fbi’s "Full Confidence" In Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Outweighs The Risks. / Medical-guild-urges-restraint-to-defeat-covid-19-pande / Defeat Covid-19: Begin By Regarding It As A Specific Political Pressure. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by Infinixhot6: 1:36am On Apr 24, 2020
China expresses full confidence in Nigeria's determination to defeat COVID-19

by Olatunji Saliu

ABUJA, April 23 (Xinhua) -- China on Thursday further pledged support for Nigeria's fight against the ravaging COVID-19 pandemic and expressed full confidence in the West African country's determination to defeat the virus ultimately.

"China and Nigeria are allies in this global war against the pandemic. To defeat the virus, solidarity and cooperation are our most potent weapon," said Zhou Pingjian, the Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, while leading a Chinese delegation to deliver funds and relief items to the Nigerian government through the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 in Abuja.

"We have full confidence in Nigeria's determination, capacity, and capability to defeat the virus ultimately. And we believe Nigeria will continue to treat the Chinese nationals here as your own," Zhou said.

According to the envoy, China will never forget the invaluable support it received from the Nigerian government, as well as the country's citizens who chose to stay put in Wuhan, or other parts of China "at the most demanding stage of its outbreak response."

"Despite the daunting task remaining at home, China firmly supports Nigeria's fight against the outbreak and stands ready to assist, if needed, to the best of its ability. China will continue to prove itself a good friend, partner, and brother of Nigeria through concrete actions," the Chinese envoy said.

At the ceremony to present the China aid, 1,500 pieces of N95 respirator masks, 13,000 pieces of surgical masks, 4,750 pieces of disposable gowns, 850 pieces of the infra-red thermometer, 4,750 pairs of medical goggles, 9,750 pairs of gloves, and 9,750 pairs of shoe covers were donated, with more to be delivered later.

The Chinese business community, under the umbrella body of China General Chamber of Commerce in Nigeria (CGCCN), also donated over 48 million naira (over 123,000 U.S. dollars) to Nigeria's fight against COVID-19.

This is in demonstration of the friendship between China and Nigeria, and the multiple bilateral cooperations between them, said Tony Ye, president of the CGCCN, a 160-member body of Chinese companies in the most populous African country.

Ye said apart from keeping to the laid down rules by the Nigerian government, the CGCCN members had been asked to combine strength with their social responsibilities in working together with the Nigerian authorities to fight mankind's common enemy.

"Thanks to the rapid response of the (Nigerian) government, the professional efforts of medical staff, and the active cooperation of the people, the anti-epidemic effect is gratifying," the Chinese executive noted.

Receiving the donation on behalf of the Nigerian government, Sani Aliyu, the national coordinator of the PTF on COVID-19, described relations between the two countries as a "fruitful one" and lauded China's immense contribution to the infrastructure development of Nigeria, as well as human development. "We are also pleased to see that we have friends that are really supporting us in our fight against this epidemic. As we always say, a friend in need is a friend indeed."

"China has contributed immensely to our fight against this virus. We are aware of the huge work that you are doing in providing isolation facilities, particularly in Abuja and also other parts of the country," said Aliyu, who represented Boss Mustapha, Secretary to the Nigerian Government at the ceremony.

"You have contributed to the current commodities; not only ventilators but also protective equipment that have been distributed across our health institutions. You have also provided us technical assistance in terms of manpower. Nigeria is very grateful for this," Aliyu said.

He said the Nigerian authorities will continue to work with China to ensure the pandemic is brought to a halt as soon as possible, while also looking forward to the post-pandemic period when Nigeria starts to recover from the huge challenge occasioned by the COVID-19.

"As a country, we are impressed with the measures you (China) put in place to control this pandemic right from the beginning," he added. Enditem

Source
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-04/23/c_139002647.htm
Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by somez(m): 1:43am On Apr 24, 2020
They should just Shut the Fvck up!!!

Modified : What's so special about front page sef? I didn't even add weight sef.
Dedicating this position to all medical personnel on the front line.

1 Like

Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:48am On Apr 24, 2020
We are just shameless
Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by greatiyk4u(m): 1:55am On Apr 24, 2020
China again?

1 Like

Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by josen16322(m): 1:56am On Apr 24, 2020
i will destroy any china man i see any where in lagos if dey extend these fuvkin lockdown i will roast their skin like suyameat becos i cant die of hunger angry sad sad sad angry angry

1 Like

Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by ETWs: 5:49am On Apr 24, 2020
I didn't bother to read the Rubbish. But from the topic, Are they trying to patronize us? What is Nigeria doing differently to deserve this fake comment.

1 Like

Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by PureGoldh(m): 7:07am On Apr 24, 2020
Funny enough... They are yet to tell us what they really want from Nigeria.

China have got hidden agenda towards Africa

1 Like

Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by ogawriter(m): 7:39am On Apr 24, 2020
The thunder that will fire China after this pandemic is over is still flexing muscle in limbo.

Una father balls there!

Nah una put us for this hunger so..

Can you express confidence that our people will not start dying of hunger in the coming weeks?

You better tell your people to stay clear off our streets till further notice.

A word is enough for the wise!

1 Like

Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by MERCHANDISER: 7:55am On Apr 24, 2020
josen16322:
i will destroy any china man i see any where in lagos if dey extend these fuvkin lockdown i will roast their skin like suyameat becos i cant die of hunger angry sad sad sad angry angry

mumu na china people extend am?

it's a pandemic
Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by Notyamate(f): 7:58am On Apr 24, 2020
All I see is a hiding agenda.

China we don't need your praise, our mumu have do grin

1 Like

Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by josen16322(m): 8:11am On Apr 24, 2020
@MERCHANDISER u tink u kno everytin mallam let me tel u dat there is dis news in usa dat is goin viral d people are sayin dat china intentionally makes dis virus spread all over d world killin innocent people and if dis news is true den chinese people i see anywhere in lagos wil be a deadmeat angry angry
Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by MERCHANDISER: 8:39am On Apr 24, 2020
josen16322:
@MERCHANDISER u tink u kno everytin mallam let me tel u dat there is dis news in usa dat is goin viral d people are sayin dat china intentionally makes dis virus spread all over d world killin innocent people and if dis news is true den chinese people i see anywhere in lagos wil be a deadmeat angry angry

Those people peddling those rumours in USA are illiterates.Are they not the ones that are protesting for a relax on the lockdown order even when the pamdemic is on its peak?
When China was busy tackling the virus with all their might and tech(You see.robots treating people and fumigating the whole city),Trump called it a hoax now China have recorded at least 90% success rate in combating the virus ,you're accusing them of spreading the virus.

It's even an Italians that spread the virus all over the world not China.I'm not siding anybody.However,there is no rationalization in trying to kill chinese citizen just becos the virus started in China.

What about HIV,Mad Cow disease,Spanish flu,Ebola,Bird flu etc USA cultured,how many American citizen have you killed?

Just so you know,there is this new conspiracy theory making rounds that an American Scientist(From one of their top Universities)cultured the virus and sold it to China's Wuhan virus bank/lab.

1 Like

Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by josen16322(m): 8:46am On Apr 24, 2020
@MERCHANDISE dis note u post is 2 long shoo,are u a notebook teacher or wat next time humble yo self if not lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: China Expresses Full Confidence In Nigeria's Determination To Defeat COVID-19 by sapientia(m): 9:00am On Apr 24, 2020
Why is Nigeria romancing China?

(1) (Reply)

The Agonies Of A Sickle Cell Patient / COVID-19: Osun Records 12 New Coronavirus Cases, Tests 167 Suspects / 87 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria Today The 26th Of April 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.