Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,489 members, 7,823,135 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Religion or Man Made - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion or Man Made (509 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion or Man Made by zeal500: 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2011
I strongly believe that in Nigeria religion seems to be the bane of everything
God please let us have good leaders without going to vote or getting a voters card!!! God pls help us to fetch water!!! God pls let this police men allow us without collecting 20naira toll.
The way and manner these churches spring up is crazy and their members act in a don't ask , don't tell manner.
Never willing to be confronted on issues and if u do fire will be reigned on any that tries that.

I get more confused as they multitude of churches now potrays themselves with the ability to perform miracle as they proudly show off their picture with that of their wife.(don't tell me its end time)

HMMMM, the ma-mount customers they have is unbelievable but the crime rate has also gone off the hook,  Today seed sowing or 1/10 is the key word as none payment to a pastor is seen as an act of sin,  with quotes from the bible but i ask the following question:
My seed or 1/10 should go to the less privileged who have no one to turn to including the church

How many times do your pastor pay u a visit IE if he/she has actually paid u any(4 those who belong to the flamboyant churches)

is there any place in the scripture/bible that says that my seed or 1/10 should go the man of God or did it say give to God(God here should be pple u see daily)

If my seed is from what i do for a living then if i sell orange then i can give orange in the church, so why is it that if i manufacture/produce coffin that i cant bring one to church without been asked to convert it to naira.

i believe that we as Nigerian should have a rethink because if we have jobs/employment  and good leadership, most of this over religionization wont be seen

What is ur take
Re: Religion or Man Made by manmustwac(m): 6:30pm On Jan 08, 2011
religion is the opium of the masses. as you and i and a small minority can obviously see that religion is a big part of nigeria's problems unfortuneatley the vast majority of the population cannot. as long as people keep believeing that god will come down from heaven to solve our problems or that everything is in gods hands we will never progress.
Re: Religion or Man Made by e36991: 7:20pm On Jan 08, 2011
manmustwac:

religion is the opium of the masses. as you and i and a small minority can obviously see that religion is a big part of nigeria's problems unfortuneatley the vast majority of the population cannot. as long as people keep believeing that god will come down from heaven to solve our problems or that everything is in gods hands we will never progress.

@manmustwac

We know the background and context when Karl Max used that snippet

so in your instance, in which context are you using and/or how is "religion is the opium of the masses" ?
Re: Religion or Man Made by manmustwac(m): 12:23am On Jan 10, 2011
e36991:

@manmustwac

We know the background and context when Karl Max used that snippet

so in your instance, in which context are you using and/or how is "religion is the opium of the masses" ?

As opium provides false relief to a person in distress and mental pain, religion does the same thing. The masses in distress, go to church and prays to god, gets an instant relief by assuming that god is with him and would help him. Instead of finding the root cause of the issues that he is facing he finds a short cut, which gives him instant mental relief but does not solve his actual problems but actually increases them.
Re: Religion or Man Made by vedaxcool(m): 10:11am On Jan 10, 2011
manmustwac:

You that do not believe in such what have you done? Guess talk is cheap on NL. cool

(1) (Reply)

*dear God* Happy Newyear 2 Yall Nairanders / Suicide And The Religious Mind / Why Do People Think Women Should Or Should Not Be Allowed To Be Ministers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.