Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted (73716 Views)

Mexican Truck Carrying 107 US-bound Migrants Crashes. 54 Killed, Others Injured / Passengers From North Disguised As "Press" Caught At Onitsha Head Bridge At 3am / A Small Truck Carrying 40ft Container In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by juman(m): 10:24am On Apr 24, 2020
Very soon the lockdown will die a natural death.
The governments and the people are too poor to do a long term lockdown.

When would the corona vaccine ready?
May be next year.

We cant do lockdown till next year except most of us will die of hunger.

1 Like

Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by SexytorresE(f): 10:24am On Apr 24, 2020
Inside life grin
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Openbusiness: 10:26am On Apr 24, 2020
mazimee post=88793566[s:
]An attempt at spreading the virus in greater percentage down South South and East [/s]
So delta people should not go back to their state again? So niger delta people and Igbo people that want to go back home are now attempting to spread virus in your dictionary. They should abandon their families and live in Lagos forever? undecided
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Nelz77: 10:27am On Apr 24, 2020
Wuhan was able to flatten their curve by Total Lockdown

The Nigerian masses are flagrantly messing Up.

And we see total death increases to 33 and we r still messing up.

D difference btw us and d whites is lengthier than the difference between us and Monkeys.

A total Lockdown of 30 days will completely annihilate this virus in its entirety.

We keep ourselves busy with trashy talks like it doesn’t kill a black man and the hot weather mumbo jumbo. Egypt is hotter than Nigeria if u don’t know.

1 Like

Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by oldman112(m): 10:30am On Apr 24, 2020
Rebuke:
Hmmmm. In my own opinion, I think some things are not being done well here.

The question is, why are these people so hellbent on travelling to Delta?

Then the possible answers could be, some people got caught up in Lagos by this lockdown.
Some might have thought this lockdown was just going to last for 2weeks as initially announced and have possibly taught "ok, we can just endure just 2 weeks and we go back home in Deta."

Unfortunately, it didn't end as they taught and now they have exhausted all resources to keep staying in Lagos.

Just picture it, if yhu only went to Lagos on a short visit or business trip and this happened, yhu could be putting up with people who are now tired of hosting yhu and yhu need get back home.

So solution, while not at least give room for those who got caught up in other states the opportunity to get back to their families?

How? The government should provide a means of transportation putting every necessary precaution in place to avoid the spread of the virus. Once they get to their home state, they should be quarantined for the required number of days before being released to their various families.

Of course, yhu must be able to give cogent reason before being allowed or helped by the government.

If not, people who feel caged somewhere far away from homeland will always find a means to move no matter how risky and could end up endangering their own lives and others.

Just my opinion.
Is not an opinion is fact

Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Jostoman: 10:30am On Apr 24, 2020
mazimee:
An attempt at spreading the virus in greater percentage down South South and East
do you want them to die of hunger in Lago? Because everything they are shearing in Lagos State is for APC member
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Jostoman: 10:31am On Apr 24, 2020
kantap:
Instead of hunger to kill them, human trafficking is better than imported covid
God bless you
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Papichulostunne(m): 10:37am On Apr 24, 2020
Rebuke:

So solution, while not at least give room for those who got caught up in other states the opportunity to get back to their families?

How? The government should provide a means of transportation putting every necessary precaution in place to avoid the spread of the virus. Once they get to their home state, they should be quarantined for the required number of days before being released to their various families.

First of all just sit back and read your comment again.. And again.. Okay.

Now how do you expect the govt to allow travelling back to home states when you know fully well than more than 300k persons might have been stuck in another man's state maybe cause of business, visits and the likes..

Only one man travelled from Kano to Adamawa and he was the index case there.. Imagine giving leverage to those who need to travel who already have it but dont even know.. Do you know how widespread the virus would become?

Govt don't agree with travelling and people are still masquerading as journalists, some as rams just to return and it now gives them the chance to do so, do you know how crowded the roads with be.. God forbid.. I bet 85% of the travellers will go home infecte should that happen..

You said something about them being quarantined before release to their families..

If i may ask, Quarantine them where? We barely have isolation centres in the kwantry to hold those actually tested.

Just my opinion

1 Like

Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by AsawanaDgreat: 10:38am On Apr 24, 2020
IGp must hear this
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Peng12345: 10:40am On Apr 24, 2020
ProfDview1:
Deltans are cowards

They have been hustling and feeding their family from Lagos money.

Now corona happen, them Wan run go back home..
I hope those people will not be allowed to enter Lagos state again

Look how stupidest you are, Delta state and Niger Delta is the one feeding all Nigeria including the so called lagos

1 Like

Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by maasoap(m): 10:45am On Apr 24, 2020
meum:
We are a breed apart! Chai!

You and who?
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Nairalandmonika: 10:45am On Apr 24, 2020
ProfDview1:
Deltans are cowards

They have been hustling and feeding their family from Lagos money.

Now corona happen, them Wan run go back home..
I hope those people will not be allowed to enter Lagos state again
Watch the video, it's actually a truck carrying aboki from the north, not from Lagos
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Ferraribaby(f): 10:46am On Apr 24, 2020
People self
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Openbusiness: 10:47am On Apr 24, 2020
chronique:
[s]Why are Nigerians this useless? Some of us are suffering and staying at home just so we can help stop the spread of the virus and some idiots are busy commuting within states and breaking all laws put in place and frustrating the efforts being put in place to curb spread of the virus. These people need to be shot in the brain since they have refused to have sense. [/s]
For your small mind you think everyone inside Lagos right now have homes in Lagos? You don't know some came from other states for short stay and want to go back? We saw Nigerians abroad running back home when the coronavirus in their present countries was getting out of hand. You welcome that. But you see people here trying to run away from Lagos because the virus is spreading fast but you're condemning them. Ok, carry gun go and shoot them na, Mr Executioner undecided
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by princeogbeide1(m): 10:47am On Apr 24, 2020
Let them travel freely. What happens in the north is worse.
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Papichulostunne(m): 10:47am On Apr 24, 2020
Peng12345:

Look how stupidest you are, Delta state and Niger Delta is the one feeding all Nigeria including the so called lagos

While i agree with you on the shear stupidity of this dude i must also make it clear that Niger Delta sustains Nigeria through its oil, onthe other hand Lagos is the Economic Hub of the country and if i dare to say "Africa".. If Lagos goes down... Nigeria goes down.

Did i forget to say the dude you replied is stupid. Haha
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by sefce: 10:49am On Apr 24, 2020
nairaland show me love today is my birthday.
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Awoo88: 10:58am On Apr 24, 2020
They are not supposed to be sent back!! Impond the car. Arrest the driver. Take dem to Lagos with another car
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by nduchucks: 10:59am On Apr 24, 2020
Gift52:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSsGYc6sTuo

The official touched his possibly contaminated mask, pulls it down and talks to a reporter.

There is now a good possibility that the official just infected himself with corona virus that may have collected on his mask.

Please use masks wisely and avoid cross contamination.
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by CoronaHealer: 10:59am On Apr 24, 2020
Rebuke:

Then the possible answers could be, some people got caught up in Lagos by this lockdown.
Some might have thought this lockdown was just going to last for 2weeks as initially announced and have possibly taught "ok, we can just endure just 2 weeks and we go back home in Deta."

Unfortunately, it didn't end as they taught and now they have exhausted all resources to keep staying in Lagos.

Just picture it, if yhu only went to Lagos on a short visit or business trip and this happened, yhu could be putting up with people who are now tired of hosting yhu and yhu need get back home.

Of course, yhu must be able to give cogent reason before being allowed or helped by the government.

If not, people who feel caged somewhere far away from homeland will always find a means to move no matter how risky and could end up endangering their own lives and others.

Just my opinion.

u are the only one that so far have made an objective and reasonable contribution to this issue, some fail to understand the hardship and trauma people are passing through as a result of the extended lockdown, it's not that these people are deliberately flouting the stay at home order, but they risk dying from hunger if they do stay, people do call in radio stations to complain of how stranded they are and their willingness to go back home, especially inter state drivers of transport companies, some are still in the park, without homes, they stay there morning and night, they are being marginalized from the palliative sharing bcuz of their states of origin; which is highly condemnable. The govt should proffer solutions like u've rightly reiterated above, either finding a means of sending them back or proper and effective distribution of their so called palliative or CCT to them.
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by mvem(m): 11:16am On Apr 24, 2020
mazimee:
An attempt at spreading the virus in greater percentage down South South and East
and you think they are not southerners
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by goaldynman(m): 11:29am On Apr 24, 2020
They don't have sense! Does Lagos produce any foodstuff, talkless of being enough for lagosians!

If foodstuff was moving from Delta to Lagos, it would have looked convincing, not the other way round!!
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by sylve11: 11:30am On Apr 24, 2020
MansoryMX:

To which tent! angry

grin cool
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by goaldynman(m): 11:38am On Apr 24, 2020
Rebuke:

Just my opinion.

Anyone travelling at this time during the lockdown has no excuse whatsoever!!

I remember the lagos state government gave one week prior notice before the lockdown commenced! Why didn't these people travel before the lockdown?!

Forget Nigerians! Even if you give one month notice, you will still see them travelling!!
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by silent10(m): 11:41am On Apr 24, 2020
Rebuke:

Just my opinion.

Intelligent opinion i must say.

1 Like

Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Lovelyn451(f): 12:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
Everybody is supposed to be in their hometown during this lockdown
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by zulunetwork: 12:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
Why are you running away from your region in a time like this even in a disguised manner? Please they should be thoroughly searched and investigation be carried out on their movement.
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by Roon9(m): 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
GIdiata:
Delta ����
God ibeg ooo

I just taya ooo

1 Like

Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by LagosEconomist: 12:29pm On Apr 24, 2020
prekumohtim:

Why are people wicked like this?
I thought they said Lagos there's no movement in and out of Lagos ? I am really fed of with this country .

They were not coming from Lagos. The label and initial narrator are wrong. Watch the Video.
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by sulaak(m): 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
irunoko:
Wait is this human trafficking or what? shocked lipsrsealed

It's poverty trafficking, the North is supposed to be Nigeria breadbasket but without significant investment in infrastructures that potential will never be realised.
Re: Truck Carrying People From North To Delta Disguised As Foodstuff Intercepted by irunoko(m): 2:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
sulaak:

It's poverty trafficking, the North is supposed to be Nigeria breadbasket but without significant investment in infrastructures that potential will never be realised.

smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Fishes Caught During Flooding In Bayelsa (Photo) / Photos: Enugu- The Beautiful Igbo City! / International Borders Around The World (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.