Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,584 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus - Foreign Affairs (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus (66782 Views)

Trump Claims Disinfectant ‘Injection’ Idea Was Sarcasm, After Receiving Backlash / Coronavirus: Outcry After Trump Suggests Injecting Disinfectant As Treatment / Boris Johnson Tests Positive For Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by nextstep(m): 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
WaleRock:
These ideas are borne out of a President desperately seeking to explore all ideas that may just help...

Most of us would've been constricted into a tight corner as to hide from opposition news agencies in order to be found flawless at all times. This man is the boldest President in recent history.
He's obviously not given to political correctness which most other national leaders are inflicted with.

His suggestion are pretty flawed. But then, look at him again in another light, he asked the expert openly and the press were there.

I refuse to allow the press determine narratives for me with which to engage the world.

TRUMP DID NOT SAY THAT, PLEASE!

And his critics, including I, say it's better not to "desperately seek to explore any ideas that may just help" in a public conference, asking questions to a medical expert who is obviously:
1. hearing these questions for the first time
2. incredulous at the suggestions.

I saw the conference; I reviewed his comments; I also came to the same conclusion that the conjectures and explorations could be construed by a great number (ironically, most of his fervent fans) to mean: "try a bit of lysol/bleach/dettol... or expose yourself to tremendous doses of UV... it just might help."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by olajizz01(m): 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
wetin be IPOB?
They are Aba made Jews also known as Lost Jews by Israel/Trump.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2020
How this man got into office is beyond me.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Shaprara: 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
naijaman2225:

HMMM SO THE MAN SOMEHOW WAS ABLE TO TAKE HIS WIFE TO COURT AFTER HIS DEATH?. MAGA NIGERIANS HAVE LEARNT A LOT FROM THEIR KINDERGARTEN PRESIDENT ON HOW TO SPIN STORIES.

When you don't have the brain to understand simple comprehension that your first take is that the dead husband took his wife to court, how stupid can your conclusion be. After the man took the fish tank cleaner, he didn't die at home, he was taken to the hospital, where they carried out test before he died, he narrated everything that happened before he died and the wife went to the media, NBC in particular to give her own account of the story, she was even going to file a case in court, but the version of her story was false given what she said to the media was different to what she said in deposition, and her history with her husband contradicts everything, interestingly it's not the first time she tried to harm her husband
Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by wickedtuna: 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
ThierryJay:

Bros, you are comparing apples and oranges. You obviously do not understand my point of view.

I am not saying you cannot treat the human body with UV light/energy to kill off cancerous cells. That's been around for ages. My point is just a matter of correct usage of English language terminology - that you cannot use the term "inject" for UV light including the UV irradiation you are talking about. The picture you posted used the terminology "exposed" for UV irradiation treatment.

The relevance of this is that when Trump mentioned the word "injection", he couldn't have been referring to the UV light he had mentioned earlier as it would be an incompatible grammatical association simply because you cannot inject light. You can only inject a tangible substance, i.e force it, into a human being. If Trump had said something like "exposure" or "exposed" then we'd know he was referring to the UV light.

In any case, Trump himself has come out to acknowledge that he made those statements but that he was only being sarcastic. So all these unsolicited and off-tangent defences you Trump minions are putting up is an exercise in futility.
This was the speech he gave.

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by valentinegibbs(m): 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
GamalNasser:

I am on Fox news 24 hours a day , there is no Trump briefing I miss ..gerrout shameless spreader if fake news ..You Muslims leave Trump alone
Oh
I should have known you are one of those religion fanatics
Am not a Muslim and am IBO but am not like you that is clouded by religion or ethnicity
If you have been following his briefings,you would understand how daft he has been
He hardly answers serious questions and all he does is insult reporters
You people love Trump and yet when you watch all his policies,its always against you and yet you support him because of what?
Oh,maybe the democrats are anti Christ abi?
Its a pity that even in this modern age,you people have refused to even read or think like a real human being

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Chicastle: 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
PresidentAtiku:
Are you a Yoruba muslim?

Check his name above there
Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by naijaman2225(m): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
abbey621:

I'm not doubting the man talks like a 6 year old and he himself said he is no doctor but Trump will be Trump, everyone knows this by now. Once again common sense is not common. If anyone told you to drink bleach and you did, doctor or president then you're freaking stupid!

Furthermore looking at the two quotes, why would you automatically reason that disinfectant means lysol/bleach instead of light? Are we so gullible as humans to forget context? Because to me disinfectant means to get rid of infection or to cure and that could mean medicine, light, bleach etc.
I AGREE WITH YOU. TRUMP BEING TRUMP MEANT A BOTTLE OF COKE WHEN HE MENTIONED 'DISINFECTANT'. DON'T THANK ME. THANK ALL THOSE YEARS YOU WERE SKIPPING SCIENCE CLASSES IN SECONDARY SCHOOL.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by wellmax(m): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
dmz1:
at least D Trump is seen, visible and in control of the different efforts to solve the covid 19 challenge in America. can we say the same thing of our president?

Our president is wiser not to make stupid comments. He has allowed the professionals to take the front seat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Staphylococcus: 9:49pm On Apr 24, 2020
GamalNasser:

If you are not dull you would have known this is fake news ooo

What fake news?

Mr. 5G You not current at all.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1253673829454483457
Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Staphylococcus: 9:50pm On Apr 24, 2020
wellmax:

Our president is wider not to make stupid comments. He has allowed the professionals to take the front seat.

Well said. Even Buhari is not this stupid.

He has the professionals around him.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Staphylococcus: 9:52pm On Apr 24, 2020
GamalNasser:

I am on Fox news 24 hours a day , there is no Trump briefing I miss ..gerrout shameless spreader if fake news ..You Muslims leave Trump alone

Are you sure you not watching NTA.

Even the guy that said it claimed his sarcasm and you are saying he didnt say it.

You always argue blindly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33QdTOyXz3w

1 Like

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by thunderbabs: 9:54pm On Apr 24, 2020
Trump is deranged.
It was first, hydroxylchlorine. That was a big lie
Now, inject pple wit disinfectant.
Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by soojar(m): 9:55pm On Apr 24, 2020
GamalNasser:
Stupid fake news ...I watched the briefing and there was no where they said they would inject anyone with disinfectant , please disregard this Democrat fake propaganda !!!!! The briefing was about how sunlight and disinfectants killed the virus left on surfaces and had nothing to do with human body

You are not correct sir. He actually said the bolded words in the post.

He has since said he was being sarcastic. That he wasn't really serious about it.

Something might actually be wrong with Mr. Trump

1 Like

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Staphylococcus: 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
thunderbabs:
Trump is deranged.
It was first, hydroxylchlorine. That was a big lie
Now, inject pple wit disinfectant.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Staphylococcus: 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2020
Sprumbaba:

Lol. Says someone from shithole. You don't even know your own history. Why are you obsessed with America? Wait for your new Chinese colonial master.

Hello, Location is not a determinant of stupidity.

Make a point with him. He has giving you a transcript. Shoot it down if you can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by WaleGab: 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:

grin grin grin grin
[/s]
shey you don believe say na me be your God
Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Godisgreatest1: 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
GamalNasser:

Keep quiet he never said that , we all watched the briefing and it was clearly about destroying the Virus on surfaces with UV Ray's , sunlight and disinfectants ...And yes Chloroquine works against COVID and there is a lot of evidence about this ...See that you plan with Obama to turn America to a Muslim nation has failed so face your front ...

No need for explanation, which one has NIgerian president prescribed? He may not even know how to spell or pronounce 'Ultraviolet'. Here we are, talking about trump, as if we have a president with a comparable IQ.

1 Like

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by naijaman2225(m): 10:09pm On Apr 24, 2020
Nuel4:
he's not even a doctor. He was expelled. He was in medical school but got expelled
REALLY? STOP DISHING OUT SELECTIVE FACTS. GU HAS AN MD FROM DUKE UNIVERSITY.
Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by WaleGab: 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
Staphylococcus:

Hello, Location is not a determinant of stupidity.

Make a point with him. He has giving you a transcript. Shoot it down if you can.
[/s]
shatap
i go tell you say na me be the king of Nairaland
Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mr Nairaland you should please verify news before bringing it up please..
Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by gretblue: 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
pawesome:
at least he comes up with one or two useless ideas...there is someone that has no idea what it is
What is benefit of coming with ideas that could lead to people's death? You people will defend Shekau, the day PMB announces his arrest.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by naijaman2225(m): 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
blowjohn:

Stay away from opioids.
STAY AWAY FROM ANGEL DUST...OR YOU END UP LOSING THE LITTLE BRAIN YOU STILL HAVE.
Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by maasoap(m): 10:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
Sprumbaba:

Lol. Says someone from shithole. You don't even know your own history. Why are you obsessed with America? Wait for your new Chinese colonial master.

Obsessed, me? You're the one who's obsessed by defending nonsense. Nothing is wrong with USA, just that they have clown as a president

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Suggests Injecting People With Disinfectant As Treatment For Coronavirus by maasoap(m): 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2020
Godisgreatest1:

No need for explanation, which one has NIgerian president prescribed? He may not even know how to spell or pronounce 'Ultraviolet'. Here we are, talking about trump, as if we have a president with a comparable IQ.

Lol. E be like say Trump don infect many of you with madness. When has it become the job of presidents to start prescribing drugs? This is the real zombieism. The one he did last time got many killed worldwide.

An Arizona man died in late March after having ingested chloroquine phosphate — believing it would protect him from becoming infected with the coronavirus. The man's wife told NBC News that she had watched televised briefings during which Trump talked about the potential benefits of chloroquine.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Mugabe Calls For The Arrest Of Zimbabwean Olympic Team / US Shoots Down Suspected Chinese Spy Balloon Over Atlantic Ocean / 2500-Year-Old Intact & Sealed Coffins Discovered In Egypt (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.