Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Share Your Experience : Overspiritual Christian Suitors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Experience : Overspiritual Christian Suitors (226 Views)

Share Your Experience(s) Of God's Miracles & Wonderful Acts / Share Your Experience With Fetish Friends, Neighbor, Landlord, Co-worker Etc / What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Church? Share Your Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Experience : Overspiritual Christian Suitors by chinedumo(m): 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
THESE CHURCH BROTHERS…….

Andrew is in his office. He is enjoying listening to an audio message through a DVD player in the office. Cindy knocks on the door and he asks her to come in. She enters..She is well-dressed.

They exchange pleasantries. She then speaks,

‘Pastor Andrew, I got your message and so i came to see you.’

‘Yes, Cindy. As the youth pastor of this assembly, I’m bothered about the degree of disinterest our sisters express in our brothers. Even the newcomers are being discouraged from considering the proposals coming from our brothers.’ He sighed and continued,’ They prefer to move around with men who don’t even think about God. Why is that?’

Cindy laughs

He says, ’I am serious, Cindy. The Serious Brothers’ Committee has come to me to complain and ask that I intervene. One of the steps I’m taking is to talk to sisters to know what the matter is. So, please, speak up,’

‘Oh, Pastor . Most of our brothers are too serious. They only talk of spiritual things all the time. They can be very boring.’

‘Ok, do you mean exactly?’

‘’They are not current .They rarely remember birthdays. When we remind them, they only buy us gifts like bibles, devotionals, bible study manuals, message tapes. They don’t seem to be aware we have other things we value too.’

‘Really? Please, go on.’

‘yes, why don’t they take us out to the beach, cinemas, to shopping mails or sometimes, just for short strolls? Is that unspiritual too? Why don’t they take us to eateries once in a while? Why don’t they buy us feminine gifts? For heaven’s sake, the gifts don’t have to be expensive-they only need to be thoughtful.’

‘hmmm.’

‘Yes, only things they ask us is whether we have prayed, how long,the contents of our morning devotion, the number of fasts we observe, what the Holy Spirit is revealing to us. We are fed up. They should try to be human sometimes. We don’t want unexciting relationships. We are smart.’

Andrew draws forward in his seat,’ I understand all you said but I want to ask-did you ask from God before breaking the relationships? Did you fast and pray and receive revelations or you just followed the flesh? Did you sisters receive confirmations?’

She looks shocked, ‘aha, so you are one of them.’

He looks perplexed.

Standing up, she says, ‘’See you later, Pastor Andrew. There is nothing to discuss further.’

QUESTIONS
*Should courtship be all about prayers, fastings, devotions, bible studies(spiritual matters)?

*Should sisters/brothers opt for non-spiritual folks because the spiritual ones are boring?
*Is it compulsory to marry someone you were led to?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience : Overspiritual Christian Suitors by ashewoboy(m): 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2020
some of us just like them that way because we wanna phuck them.
Re: Share Your Experience : Overspiritual Christian Suitors by Emmakohodis747(m): 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2020
If I invested the time I invested in church on anything that would be giving me money then I would be a millionaire by now people. May God help us all.. ��

(1) (Reply)

Can The Holyghost Suffer Miscarrige? / I Slept By TB Joshua’s Altar For Several Weeks But No Miracle – Daniel Amokachi / Is Coronavirus Illuminati Agenda?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.