Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

500 internal server Error? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 500 internal server Error? (812 Views)

500 Internal Server Error / Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) / 500 Internal Server Error >>>>>> Pls Explain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

500 internal server Error? by jmoore(m): 7:58pm On Jan 07, 2011
Whats 500 internal sever error all about? i noticed that my host changed server recently  and at times i keep getting this 500 error when i try to access my site though the problem does not stay for long
Re: 500 internal server Error? by MaJBlige(f): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2011
dont u have google to find out?
Re: 500 internal server Error? by yawatide(f): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2011
Blige, not a particularly helpful way to help someone. I assume there were/are things that you didn't/still don't know?

OP: Any error that starts with a "5" is a server error. Contact your web host.

Granted, yes, you should learn to google, you might want to make certain wiki pages your friend. For example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes

Good luck!
Re: 500 internal server Error? by jmoore(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2011
ok, I have sent an email to my web host. I do not understand why he had to change server, the former server was good,. I hate this errors
Re: 500 internal server Error? by Dawgzfada(m): 7:13am On Jan 08, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

dont u have google to find out?

Saying nothing is better than this, dnt you tnk?

@OP, Yawa already said all.
Re: 500 internal server Error? by MaJBlige(f): 8:10am On Jan 08, 2011
To be intelligent, some questions are not worth asking.
Re: 500 internal server Error? by yawatide(f): 11:05am On Jan 08, 2011
Blige:
Interesting question. So I take it, for example, Isaac Newton shouldn't have asked why that apple fell on his head, right?

Maybe I am the way I am because when coming up in the web dev game, I stumbled upon a lot of people who had your attitude who, if I were the type to have low self-esteem, would have made me drop out within my first semester. I didn't even know how to turn on a computer, not to talk about compose an email. I was laughed at constantly and people gave me the look of, "so you don't know how to do something that simple?" Thank God I met people who are like me. We formed a group, did our assignments together and all graduated together. That taught me a valuable lesson.

If your above quote makes you feel good, by all means, more power to you. Just remember, intelligence isn't general. Everyone is intelligent in their own area. And oh, what is that famous cliche? Yeah, it's, "the dumbest question is the one that's never asked"

Happy new year!
Re: 500 internal server Error? by MaJBlige(f): 7:29pm On Jan 08, 2011
^^^^6

Thank You.

Dont take panadol for another person's headache anyway.
Re: 500 internal server Error? by yawatide(f): 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2011
I'll actually go further than panadol my friend, if I have to and the cause is just.  Therein again lies the difference between you and I.

Hmm, a word keeps echoing in my head at the moment. Ah! It's a word that is very apt for the ocassion - Checkmate!
Re: 500 internal server Error? by ilosiwaju: 1:30pm On Feb 02, 2011
500 errors could be tricky. Please give more details, are you using any scripts that could be pissing the server off?

(1) (Reply)

Any Web Programmer/designer In Yola / Why Is Vanguard Website Not Having A Search Box? / Learn To Design Websites Today By Yourself And Make Money Helping Others!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.