Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) (2221 Views)

500 Internal Server Error / 500 Internal Server Error >>>>>> Pls Explain / 500 internal server Error? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) by elomi: 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2012
Guys pls check and comment.
http://www.ng.airtel.com/ is throwing 500 Internal error.
Re: Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) by Slyr0x: 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2012
You don scatter the website se? shocked
Re: Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) by yawatide(f): 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2012
he he, I wonder if they have a system in place to take care of this ASAP. Not good from a PR perspective
Re: Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) by omni1: 11:26pm On Aug 17, 2012
Some days back that website was redirecting to some very deep folders with many slashes and it was directly from www.airtel.com and not the www.ng.aritel.com. I guess they are working out something at the background.
Re: Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) by DualCore1: 12:15am On Aug 18, 2012
I get that with Etisalat as often as I go there to check for their data plans and activation code. I usually really on forums and blogs to get that info now.
Re: Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) by yawatide(f): 12:20am On Aug 18, 2012
@omni
That is why any corporation worth its salt has at least 3 operating environments:
Development server: Basically the sandbox where you can do whatever you want

Staging server: This is as close to the next environment that you will get. Any code on here will be going to the next stage so it has to be as free of bugs as possible

Production server: The "live" environment that customers see.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, problems are caught in the first 2 environments before they get to production.
Re: Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) by omni1: 11:16am On Aug 18, 2012
@yawa-ti-de How many Nigerian developers use this scheme? I read something about a testing server and production server and since then, all my core projects are running on this kind of environment. Different servers at different locations and same working codes so once something goes wrong here the other is up and running. Just that it might be seen to take more financial resources but the safety and technological architecture is really worth it.
Re: Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) by yawatide(f): 12:42pm On Aug 18, 2012
^^^ I actually wasn't referring to individual/groups of developers but corporations. The former couldn't possibly afford the infrastructure involved.

For a corporation such as airtel not to have such speaks in particular to those doing the hiring and to the people actually working there for not being able to convince the stakeholders to implement such.
Re: Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) by omni1: 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2012
^^^ I think any real serious person can afford such. First is the technical know-how to start with then the implementation.

For Airtel.... Indians won't dare want to waste funds as they'll regard it. That money for such a resource can be saved you know shocked tongue

(1) (Reply)

Active Instagram Account For Sale / I Need A Professional Webdeveloper To Build An Friendfinder Site / Is There A Good Alternative To Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.