Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

500 Internal Server Error >>>>>> Pls Explain - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 500 Internal Server Error >>>>>> Pls Explain (1491 Views)

500 Internal Server Error / Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) / 500 internal server Error? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

500 Internal Server Error >>>>>> Pls Explain by ponana(m): 9:08pm On Jan 18, 2012
I got this error message on my website today. Can anybody tell me what it means and how i can go about solving it. I already tried google, but i still wanted to hear from one of my most trusted source of information.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@***********.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.21 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at **********.com Port 80
Re: 500 Internal Server Error >>>>>> Pls Explain by yawatide(f): 10:16pm On Jan 18, 2012
"500 errors" are server errors. Something has happened on your web host's side (or on your server if you are hosting stuff yourself.

If the issue hasn't been resolved by now, give it some more then contact your web host if it still isn't solved.

google "server errors 500" or words to that effect to learn more. I would recommend wiki but it will be down for another 5.75 hours at least smiley
Re: 500 Internal Server Error >>>>>> Pls Explain by ponana(m): 11:54pm On Jan 18, 2012
thanks
Re: 500 Internal Server Error >>>>>> Pls Explain by ponana(m): 12:22pm On Feb 28, 2012
Sorry i am just replying this thread
I discovered that it was .htaccess file that was corrupted. I deactivated it by changing back to htaccess.txt and i was able to access my website. BYE BYE ERROR 500 ( for now, i hope) smiley

(1) (Reply)

Willing To Buy Freelance Engine Or Hirebee Theme / Hi I'm Abolarinwa Adewale:owner Of Www.flavourway..com Ask Me Anything / Vbhostnet Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.