Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG (2750 Views)

Customs Closes Gate To Stop Oyo Govt From Returning 1,800 Bags Of Rice (pics) / Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG / Fulani Herdsmen Make Fresh Demands From FG, Northern Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by babyvoice1990(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2020

Oyo state government is set to return the 1,800 bags of rice it received from the federal government.

The rice donated by the federal government through Nigerian Customs Service were all infected and unhealthy for human consumption.

Executive Adviser to Governor Seyi Makinde, Dr. Debo Akande who confirmed this to newsmen on Friday at the secretariat, Agodi, Ibadan said the committees set up to re-examine the rice have warned that it is not consumable.

While revealing that the rice will be rejected, Dr. Akande added that the rejection will not delay the distribution of palliatives to the vulnerable in the state.

He said the state has received a large number of items that will be distributed in the next couple of days.

You will recall that Mrs. Helen Ngozi, the Area Controller, Oyo and Osun Customs command, had on Monday, 20th of April, 2020, delivered 1,800 bags of rice to the Oyo state government on behalf of the Nigeria Customs Service with the claim that all the 1,800 bags of rice were good for consumption, saying the customs would never mix expired rice with good ones.

Video here >> https://www.instagram.com/p/B_Xj81CDcP2/?igshid=furls2bsuspk

Continue Reading >>> https://oyoaffairs.net/oyo-govt-sets-to-return-1800-bags-of-infected-rice-received-from-fg/
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by LibertyRep: 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2020
It's hard to take side in this case.

The FG shot itself in the legs by first saying the imported bags of rice are expired and unfit for human consumption before confisticating them.

I hope Oyo isn't playing unnecessary politics with this return.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Iamgrey5(m): 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
hmnm
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by orisa37: 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2020
THEY WANT TO KILL MAKINDE WITH KOBE24

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2020
Frank Edoho: Answer this question correctly and you're walking out of here with the 10Milloin Naira grand prize :
"
Controller: Rice is good and fit for consumption

Governor: Rice is infected and not consumable

Who is lying?
"

You have two lifelines:
Call the Holy spirit OR Ask the angels
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by IslamVIRGINS(f): 4:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Wow..
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Kobojunkie: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
Infected with what? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided How do we know for a fact that it is not fit for consumption if all we have to go by is an image showing an open bag with some brown stuff inside. I remember back before SAP when we had to wash our rice out with soap before cooking. Abeg give us a break with the silly reporting o'jare.! grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by helinues: 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
Corona rice from FG
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Unigrad: 5:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
Government of deception.
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by omowolewa: 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2020
It was initially heading for the bin.
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Ivimilly: 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
Why share wetin no good, abi dem no check an ni or dem no just send? E go hard for them to send this kind levels go kastina Sha
abi Afonja pple Una like to dey chop this kind rice?
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Lipscomb(m): 5:10pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mankinde have bunch of money to buy foodstuffs. So you have no right to speak on behalf of poor people in oyo state. Let journalists ask people if they want the rice or not.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by oluwadabira111(m): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
the rice is not fit for human consumption chai buhari why angry

1 Like

Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Africana1123(m): 5:28pm On Apr 24, 2020
Southwest deserve better cry cry
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by emmasege: 5:59pm On Apr 24, 2020
This is why opposition is needed in every democracy.

I have the feeling that some other states in the southwest and the south generally also received this spoilt rice but for the sake of party faithfulness or political correctness, many of our Southern governors chose to be dumb.

I duff my cap for you, Egbon Seyi Makinde.

Of a truth, 'ajisebi Oyo la nri, Oyo kii se bi Baba enikankan'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by u11ae1013: 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
This is to show that this government does not value the citizens, a week ago, I woman displayed stony beans giving by the state government, she was arrested.

Imagine feeding the masses with what there dogs can not eat.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Afolabimills(m): 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2020
What a shame n disaster of a govt all she does is nepotism bigotry tribalism very waistful govt they are even in nairaland here too they can't help u yet they can insult u very very wicked set of people
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Bola146(f): 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2020
The Lagos woman was right sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by hargbolahan01: 6:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
FG first told us this rice are bad for comsuption but distributing it for people

other states in SW got this but never reject it

we hope Oyo is not playing politics of hatred and and FG is not trying to act good by sharing bad rice

and I won't blame makinde much because this APC then ACN has accused then PDP lead govt by adebayo akala when he was sharing food in school and they said he was trying to Poison students in school and many parents went to take their students in school and destroy his name because of politics....their is nothing we haven't seen in Oyo politics
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
That is not imported rice the custom seize, I guess that is rice from the North
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Galactico4ever(m): 6:27pm On Apr 24, 2020
Jamesbiodun:
That is not imported rice the custom seize, I guess that is rice from the North
How are you certain it was from the north?
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by solmus: 7:42pm On Apr 24, 2020
Playing petty politics.. with over 300 million naira donated to oyo state by wealthy citizen Makinde as not distributed a cup of rice, now that Customs opened its ware house Audio Governor is playing to the gallery... for a man that can organize a PDP rally in the midst of Corona and even brought people from UK into the state, he can do anything to score cheap points
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by WaleGab: 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
solmus:
Playing petty politics.. with over 300 million naira donated to oyo state by wealthy citizen Makinde as not distributed a cup of rice, now that Customs opened its ware house Audio Governor is playing to the gallery... for a man that can organize a PDP rally in the midst of Corona and even brought people from UK into the state, he can do anything to score cheap points
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Validfacts: 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
Bola146:
The Lagos woman was right sad
Absolutely right
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by hargbolahan01: 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2020
solmus:
those that distribute rice did so because they lockdown and since he didn't lockdown he doesn't need to do that...govt is not copy cat but doing what you think is best for your community

can you mention one out of the State that lockdown that distribute rice before lockdown?
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by JAMO84: 9:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
Audio Governor playing children politics

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by princdebola201(m): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2020
Makinde must u play politics with the welfare of ur people. No states in south west have complained of the same rice they got from FG. How can all the 1800bags be infested
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
Nigeria is a country of waste.

I didn't expect more than this.

You seize edibles and have no policy plans of disposing them when they are still healthy for consumption. Either returning them to the owners or moving them to grain reserves.

What is the use of grain reserves ?

You are budgeting N160billion naira from One month's FAAC for North East Development Commission and you are still wasting scarce resources such as grains.

Poor managers.
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by funmike83(f): 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
na wa oo, rice with weevil from FG. why now . they sha want to kill us by fire by force
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by firo08(m): 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2020
I doubt if this guy making is a Yoruba man.
He doesn't act like them. Sir I'm not from South West but I love you more than anything. I can take a bullet for you sir. Keep protecting your people from evil buhari and tinubu agenda. I can't wait to have you as my president.
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by slimanyd: 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
LibertyRep:
It's hard to take side in this case.

The FG shot itself in the legs by first saying the imported bags of rice are expired and unfit for human consumption before confisticating them.

I hope Oyo isn't playing unnecessary politics with this return.

U can check the video of those rice . Nothing like politics bro. Those rice are expired rice. Maybe they purpotedly sent the expired ones to PDP state and send the latest seized rice to other APC states . Who knows ? Anything can happen . Thank God for the proactiveness of Gsm .if not Oyo state people would have cursed gsm assuming they found it themselves without knowing it was from FG and FG will now say there own rice is good while tainting the rice of the state government instead.
Re: Oyo Govt Set To Return 1,800 Bags Of Infected Rice Received From FG by Johnnyessence(m): 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
princdebola201:
Makinde must u play politics with the welfare of ur people. No states in south west have complained of the same rice they got from FG. How can all the 1800bags be infested
people of Osun state have complained bitterly of poisoned rice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo State Election 2020 Result: See Authentic Election Scores; Who Is Leading? / Very Good IPOB Praise Members For Burning Police Station In Ebonyi PHOTOS / Buhari Backs Open Grazing, Asks AGF To Recover Land For Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.