Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,252 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

For Django Developer - Programming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / For Django Developer (11823 Views)

Python/django Developer / CI/CD Pipeline For Django Application / Django Developer Plz Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Django Developer by Taofeekdboy(m): 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2020
denzel123:

how do you go about using django and react ...i'm really intrested ..i'm a new comer to django currently learning after just finishing python
you can easily fix django and other javascript frameworks with the help of Django Rest Framework, so you create APIs endpoint where your frontend will be making calls to... I will advise you to be more grounded with Django first before learning DRF so that you can easily plug everything.

1 Like

Re: For Django Developer by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2020
Taofeekdboy:
you can easily fix django and other javascript frameworks with the help of Django Rest Framework, so you create APIs endpoint where your frontend will be making calls to... I will advise you to be more grounded with Django first before learning DRF so that you can easily plug everything.
lol, can one be ever grounded with Django? That framework is big walai. Anyways that aside.

Me personally don't even understand DRF. I guess I'm dull ni. But you see graphql? Thanks to it.
Re: For Django Developer by Donpre(m): 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2020
Taofeekdboy:
I only used CBV in drf when writing serializers and simple blogs views or sort. Recently e-commerce I developed for a client, the views was written in FBVs as I am more comfortable with FBVs, tho CBV gives you the leverage to write less code but I am more comfortable writing FBV unless I am writing a module.
FBVs in django rest, that'll be a lot of code and things to import. My problem with FBVs in DRF is the many things to import and use, it gets me confused
Re: For Django Developer by Donpre(m): 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2020
codeigniter:

use free tier of AWS Ec2 that where I deployed mine africonn
I've been thinking about a good hosting solution for my django server but also considering the cheapest(possibly free) as the app is free(don't even want to include ads as i detest that thing).

could you explain the EC2 free tier. I'm currently looking at the pricing and to be honest, its confusing calculating the amount after the 12 months free period.

Is it cheaper compared to digitalOcean?

I wouldn't want to be switching host mid-way.
Re: For Django Developer by Donpre(m): 8:39pm On Oct 16, 2020
1stSonOfLucifer:
lol, can one be ever grounded with Django? That framework is big walai. Anyways that aside.

Me personally don't even understand DRF. I guess I'm dull ni. But you see graphql? Thanks to it.
Lol at the first line. Truer words have never been said. Django is so big you can use it for a year and still be an amateur.

that aside, I've read the docs of graphene but never saw a reason to ditch DRF for it. Could you explain why you prefer it? DRF needs less code to achieve the same thing and feels more native(like django) than graphene
Re: For Django Developer by TheCarpenter(m): 9:45pm On Oct 16, 2020
Donpre:

Lol at the first line. Truer words have never been said. Django is so big you can use it for a year and still be an amateur.

that aside, I've read the docs of graphene but never saw a reason to ditch DRF for it. Could you explain why you prefer it? DRF needs less code to achieve the same thing and feels more native(like django) than graphene

NL bot just kicked my ass again. Sorry I won't be able to type it here again. But graphene is just easier for me understand
Re: For Django Developer by TheCarpenter(m): 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2020
Donpre:
FBVs in django rest, that'll be a lot of code and things to import. My problem with FBVs in DRF is the many things to import and use, it gets me confused

LoL

DRF import giving you issues? Lol...

Maybe you haven't started importing from Differnet Django modules in big projects or probably, you do use phone to code.
Re: For Django Developer by TheCarpenter(m): 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2020
Donpre:

I've been thinking about a good hosting solution for my django server but also considering the cheapest(possibly free) as the app is free(don't even want to include ads as i detest that thing).

could you explain the EC2 free tier. I'm currently looking at the pricing and to be honest, its confusing calculating the amount after the 12 months free period.

If your project is small, go for HEROKU. Personally I haven't tried AWS but the testimonies from people who have doesn't seem positive. You may end up been debited/charged.

As for DO, their lowest charge is 5usd per month.
Re: For Django Developer by Donpre(m): 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2020
TheCarpenter:

NL bot just kicked my ass again. Sorry I won't be able to type it here again. But graphene is just easier for me understand
I wonder what answer you typed that annoyed the spam bot, twice.

I might just decide to build my next project with graphene just to get my hands dirty with it.

does it allow you to post data, modify it in the views and save it? If i understand correctly, its just an advanced query pattern
Re: For Django Developer by OGWILLS123: 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
DrLevi:

I'm following the same book.

seems you error is from the page=page_obj that was added when he used class view.
according to the GitHub repo, it was removed

it paginator code should be this
{% include "pagination.html" with page=posts %}
bro please which app is this. cry

Thanks cool
Re: For Django Developer by Donpre(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2020
TheCarpenter:

LoL

DRF import giving you issues? Lol...

Maybe you haven't started importing from Differnet Django modules in big projects or probably, you do use phone to code.
Still a learner, but I have used a handful of django modules and hate having to memorize(or look up the docs) to find where AbstractBaseUser or get_object_or_404 is.

Its a pain already and DRF just add to it with its own modules
Re: For Django Developer by TheCarpenter(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2020
Donpre:

I wonder what answer you typed that annoyed the spam bot, twice.

I might just check decide to build my next project with graphene just to get my hands dirty with it.

do it allow you to post data, modify it in the views and save it? If i understand correctly, its just an advanced query pattern
NL Bot is mad.

Anyways, as for graphene part of your response, YES.
Its preety easy tho, with some crazy rules....
Re: For Django Developer by Donpre(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2020
OGWILLS123:

bro please which app is this. cry

Thanks cool
Acode
Re: For Django Developer by TheCarpenter(m): 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2020
Donpre:

Still a learner, but I have used a handful of django modules and hate having to memorize(or look up the docs) to find where AbstractBaseUser or get_object_or_404 is.

Its a pain already and DRF just add to it with its own modules
LoL. I never see that module for django wey I no know where e dey. Anyways with constant practice, it's easy than you even think
Re: For Django Developer by Donpre(m): 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2020
TheCarpenter:

NL Bot is mad.

Anyways, as for graphene part of your response, YES.
Its preety easy tho, with some crazy rules....
interesting, someone recommend it once on reddit

Maybe its a better replacement to DRF. I'll definetely check it out
Re: For Django Developer by Donpre(m): 10:45pm On Oct 16, 2020
TheCarpenter:

If your project is small, go for HEROKU. Personally I haven't tried AWS but the testimonies from people who have doesn't seem positive. You may end up been debited/charged.

its small but could grow.

How easy is switching host with an intact postgres database?
Re: For Django Developer by codeigniter(m): 10:47pm On Oct 16, 2020
Donpre:

it more expensive than digital ocean in d long run but AWS free tier is ok for proof of concept or mvp stage apps
Re: For Django Developer by Donpre(m): 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2020
codeigniter:

it more expensive than digital ocean in d long run but AWS free tier is ok for proof of concept or mvp stage apps
so eventually you'll switch host?
Re: For Django Developer by TheCarpenter(m): 11:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
Donpre:

its small but could grow.

How easy is switching host with an intact postgres database?
Mehn, i cant tell.

But if you own your own vps, it's very easy.
Re: For Django Developer by Abcruz(m): 12:07am On Oct 17, 2020
TheCarpenter:

Mehn, as for me, i would say "Django"
Probably because you're great fan of Django. cheesy However, Flask from my little research appears to be simpler and more Pythonic than Django. But Django on the other hand has cool features built out of the box unlike Flask.

But all that matters is what gets the work done enjoyably.
Re: For Django Developer by OGWILLS123: 2:44am On Oct 17, 2020
Donpre:
Acode
please is it paid or free ?
Re: For Django Developer by Taofeekdboy(m): 5:51am On Oct 17, 2020
Donpre:
when writing serializers, CBV is mandatory because you will inherit from many classes such as model serializers but when I am writing views, I prefer to go for FBVs with the decorators because CBVs also will include decorators when writing complex views and concerning the import, practice makes perfection, when I started, I always struggled to find the import module but now, everything got sticked to the brain. GRAPHENE is using only post data with additional queries features but mostly common used API for Django is DRF because of its rich features and simplicity such as Post, Get, Delete, Put and so on....
Re: For Django Developer by Taofeekdboy(m): 5:57am On Oct 17, 2020
TheCarpenter:

even you can use Heroku if your project is big but you have to part away with some money... The reason I prefer Heroku is the fact that it supports some external features and libraries for your app or project, something like websocket, redis and many add ons... Django hosting in general is not cheap, that's why many people prefer PHP cos it's hosting is very cheap.. If you are building in django and you want to go live to the public, just make sure you have enough money to part with cos it's not cheap.
If you can look at pythonanywhere as well, their cost is cheap as well, relatively cheaper than Heroku but they don't support websocket and also their postgres database is paid unlike Heroku that's free.
Re: For Django Developer by codeigniter(m): 9:56am On Oct 17, 2020
Donpre:
I depends on the traffic of the site
Donpre:
Donpre:
Re: For Django Developer by TheCarpenter(m): 10:30am On Oct 17, 2020
Taofeekdboy:
even you can use Heroku if your project is big but you have to part away with some money..

Can only use heroku for small projects that I don't even care about. If my project is growing big or I think will grow big, I'd rather get a VPS for as low as 5usd than go heroku premium service.

either way, I hate heroku free tier for their slow load time and setup. Ever since I started using docker to package project, I barely think about heroku
Re: For Django Developer by Donpre(m): 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2020
OGWILLS123:

please is it paid or free ?
Free
Re: For Django Developer by teewhydope(m): 7:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
Donpre:

Integrating Django and React isn't that hard. Django Rest Framework is beautiful and very easy to use.

I'm currently building a Django - Flutter app and it works beautifully

Except for the security part which I still don't know what to secure againstgrin
please do you have a video tutorial that explains how to integrate django into flutter
Re: For Django Developer by Donpre(m): 12:38am On Oct 20, 2020
teewhydope:

please do you have a video tutorial that explains how to integrate django into flutter
I don't even have a channel let alone recording devices.

Anyway I checked YouTube and there are some tutorials that you could find helpful.

I only learnt how to create API with DRF and then used the official "Fetch data from internet" tutorial on flutter.dev

Alot of googling and stack overflow for times I ran into problems.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Programming Projects (individual) / Best Laptops For Programmers / ALC 2.0 Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.