Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? (1490 Views)

NDIC Calls On Depositors In 20 Liquidated Banks To Claim Their Money / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by aamarafa: 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hi! nairalanders, there was a Question that is bewildering in my mind for a long time, here is the question. HOW ARE GOOGLE,FACEBOOK,etc make their money or profits from us? since we the consumers bought our respective Data(mb,gb)etc from our respective service providers like MTN,AITEL,GLO,9mobile etc or did they had any partner ship among the two(2) parties? and how are Google, Facebook, convert that data(mb,gb) to money,since they are not the original owner of that data? pls don't mind my language, I just need someone to pls clear my doubt. thankz
Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by helinues: 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
HOW ARE GOOGLE,FACEBOOK,etc make their money or profits from us?

When you make a search on Google, the first top results are sponspored ads. Those ads are expensive.

since we the consumers bought our respective Data(mb,gb)etc from our respective service providers like MTN,AITEL,GLO,9mobile etc or did they had any partner ship among the two(2) parties

Your network provider is also paying big satellite company.. Everything work like a system

1 Like

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by psucc(m): 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2020
Parked here to learn.

1 Like

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by Simplyleo: 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2020
helinues:
When you make a search on Google, the first top results are sponspored ads
Personally, I have also been wondering how they make money from users of their sites.

Now, based on this response, is it just from adverts they make money and become super rich? As in Mark Zuckerberg? sad

1 Like

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by Emmanuelhector(m): 9:49pm On Apr 24, 2020
Okada oya stop me here lemme watch Egungun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by helinues: 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
Simplyleo:

Personally, I have also been wondering how they make money from users of their sites.

Now, based on this response, is it just from adverts they make money and become super rich? As in Mark Zuckerberg? sad

Digital ad is very expensive.. I mean very expensive.. $10 spending on Facebook likes can't get you less than 150likes and not all those likes will be active

If you have a Facebook page and make a post on your timelines, less than 15% fans get to read it on their timelines , other will have to visit your page directly, if you want instant appearing, then you have to promote

They also make money from the amount of data you consumed on browsing through their websites

1 Like

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by Simplyleo: 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
helinues:

Digital ad is very expensive.. I mean very expensive.. $10 spending on Facebook likes can't get you less than 150likes and not all those likes will be active

If you have a Facebook page and make a post on your timelines, less than 15% fans get to read it on their timelines , other will have to visit your page directly, if you want instant appearing, then you have to promote

They also make money from the amount of data you consumed on browsing through their websites
Though I don't understand the first part completely, but I'm more interested in the emboldened for now. As in, how do they make money from my data when they are not the service providers?

For instance, I dont subscribe for data from any network during working hours. I use free WIFI in my place of work, and the internet service itself is not from any of these telecom service providers. So how do they still make their money from these?
Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by WaleGab: 10:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

Though I don't understand the first part completely, but I'm more interested in the emboldened for now. As in, how do they make money from my data when they are not the service providers?

For instance, I dont subscribe for data from any network during working hours. I use free WIFI in my place of work, and the internet service itself is not from any of these telecom service providers. So how do they still make their money from these?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by HQuadreal: 10:11pm On Apr 24, 2020
Through advertising and selling of users data's like emails etc.. They have no business with your data plan or wifi..

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by helinues: 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2020
Simplyleo:

I use free WIFI in my place of work

The wifi is from another telecom service providers majorly unknown. Your company must have paid for monthly unlimited data..

People actually don't know that internet network providers are cheating us cos the data they are selling are expensive..

if you registered an email account like Yahoo for example and they ask for your number for verification, receiving those sms are not free they must have deducted the fee from your bundles.

They also make reasonable money from selling email leads ( email address and data ( Personal details.. That's also expensive.. . You might have come across " We accept cookies" message when opening a website, they are simply telling you that your information will be stored on their website for research purposes ( Selling)

Some websites sell just 1 email leads as low as $5

1 Like

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by Corrinthians(m): 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2020
helinues:

When you make a search on Google, the first top results are sponspored ads. Those ads are expensive.

Your network provider is also paying big satellite company.. Everything work like a system

The bold is extremely wrong and misleading.

Some of us do alot of research, especially in the field of science, and a great preponderance of the top listed materials we encounter aren't sponsored ads but published research articles.

1 Like

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by helinues: 10:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
Corrinthians:

Some of us do alot of research, especially in the field of science, and a great preponderance of the top listed materials we encounter aren't sponsored ads but published research articles.

How is it misleading?

2 Likes

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by WaleGab: 10:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by WaleGab: 10:53pm On Apr 24, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by Corrinthians(m): 11:02pm On Apr 24, 2020
helinues:

How is it misleading?
Appears you like arguing unnecessarily sometimes.

I am simply telling you that not all are sponsored ads. Some are simply publications that best match what one is searching for as per word for word.

1 Like

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by Bevista: 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2020
Think about this. How does your local radio station makes money from you the listener? Answer is they don't. They make money from those who have a product, service, idea, propaganda, etc to advertise to these listeners.

Google and Co have nothing to do with your subscription data plan. They make money from all those firms and organizations trying to advertise to you. This is really huge money. In 2019, Google ad revenue was around $135 billion.

5 Likes

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by sunnyanet(m): 12:56am On Apr 25, 2020
I have ask Google

See their response to me below:

The main way Google generates its revenue is through a pair of advertising services called Ads and AdSense. With Ads, advertisers submit ads to Google that include a list of keywords relating to a product, service or business. When a Google user searches the Web using one or more of those keywords, the ad appears on the SERP in a sidebar. The advertiser pays Google every time a user clicks on the ad and is directed toward the advertiser's site.

Google has multiple ways of generating revenue beyond private investment or selling shares of its stock. Google uses several methods to partner with merchants and advertisers: Google Pay, Google Ads, Google AdSense and Google Analytics are some.

2 Likes

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by WaleGab: 4:16am On Apr 25, 2020
[s]
Corrinthians:
Appears you like arguing unnecessarily sometimes.

I am simply telling you that not all are sponsored ads. Some are simply publications that best match what one is searching for as per word for word.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by Luckydubby7(m): 7:56am On Apr 25, 2020
Try create Facebook page and Facebook ad.
Then try to sell your products to the public and see how much dey will charge u per day for sponsor ad.

3 Likes

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by aamarafa: 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
thank you very much guys
Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by olaztek(m): 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
They make their money the same way Seun is making his money from nairaland through Adverts.
Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by Israelconcepts: 12:29am On Apr 26, 2020
Simplyleo:

Guy, businesses are spending alot of money to advertise on those platforms. Since I started digital marketing...I have spent over a million advertising for my self and other businesses on Facebook.
Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by OYENIYIJK: 12:31am On Apr 26, 2020
I know those ones are to be ads but the one that do bothers me is WHATSAPP. After all I've never their ads.
Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by grandstar(m): 1:04am On Apr 26, 2020
Advertising is the primary source of profits for both companies.

Google is the world's largest advertising company.

When you browse and you see the same adverts following you everywhere, those adverts are from Google.

All those adverts on YouTube are through Google. Google owns YouTube.

Google and YouTube are the top 2 search engines in the world
Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by Petrodirect: 1:28am On Apr 26, 2020
Ask google
Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by realwiz1(m): 2:06am On Apr 26, 2020
Hey guys, want to improve your business then get in here: Bluehost offers you an amazing discount on web hosting for your websites and also a 60 day back money guarantee, with over 2 million users worldwide, just got mine>>>>>>>>>https://www.bluehost.com/track/bigshark/<<<<<<<
Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by Dollabiz: 3:38am On Apr 26, 2020
The whole world know how they make their money. Just ask how they count their money not how they make it
Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by HQuadreal: 7:49am On Apr 26, 2020
OYENIYIJK:
I know those ones are to be ads but the one that do bothers me is WHATSAPP.
After all I've never their ads.

Through downloads of their app through google playstore, ask guys how much a millon downloads cost on google play store, ads is coming to WhatsApp soon.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How do companies like Facebook and Google make their money? by ProtectMyMoney: 7:51am On Apr 26, 2020
Advertisments

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Gt Bank Restricted My Account / Clients Can Only Pay Via Paypal, How Do I Get Around This? / Games Of 4: Sport Trading Money-solution Powered By POVERTY ALLEVIATION COIN-PAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.