Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths (57252 Views)

COVID-19: 381 New Cases Reported, 4 Deaths And 67 Discharged On May 7 / 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths / COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:49am On Apr 25, 2020
Yet Kano decide to be absent from the updated list in the last 4 days with the excuse of ''no testing kit''. If every state decide to absent themselves there will be no coronavirus in Nigeria.
Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by manontree: 5:49am On Apr 25, 2020
Best case scenario is to lift the total lockdown and institute a partial lockdown
This has shown the complete lockdown isnt effective. We already have an emergency health situation and only limited testing is giving us false security. If you want to flatten the curve then you may well have to wait for months

Would we stay closed till then. Our economy simply cant and we should design a suitable policy tailored for ourselves and not this borrow borrow approach

8 Likes

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by rollwinger(m): 5:50am On Apr 25, 2020
This lockdown shouldn't be the "A" plan for Nigeria during this covid-19. The confirmed cases will continue to soar and the uninfected will be dying at home due to hunger, this is a good definition of double jeopardy. That bonehead in Also rock should step down and allow the intellectuals to formulate another plan.
Africa doesn't have the funds nor policies to follow a prolonged lockdown as our Western brothers are doing.

9 Likes

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by LEBEfirstson: 5:52am On Apr 25, 2020
RX480:
It has finish for Northern Nigeria, almost triple cases for Gombe in one day, Kano is out of testing kits, governors are refusing lockdown and easing restrictions. Things are not looking good at all.
... GIVE KANO 15B HE IS REQUESTING NOW AND YOU WILL SEE HIS NUMBER SKYROCK PASS LAGOS. THEY ARE NOT TESTING BECAUSE FG NEVER GIVE THEM 15B
Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by guru90: 5:53am On Apr 25, 2020
when covid19 never enter 9ja, Our leaders have being scamming us.

Now, covid19 don entered..... This is their big opportunity to scam us real good.......

Every day updates, those infected people I never see them self.

4 Likes

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by Offpoint: 5:53am On Apr 25, 2020
I honestly don't know what to say....
God help us all
Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by Jumbus31(m): 5:54am On Apr 25, 2020
E be like say Coronavirus is doing crusade in Gombe, where dem see 21 people?
Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by Bigleaf1006: 5:54am On Apr 25, 2020
How and where was the test conducted. APC is busy playing games with us. Boss Mustapha and Sanwoolu are in cahoots on this conspiracy.

I have forever been waiting for data on LGA basis at least for Lagos. No info,no data to work on but all we get is releasing numbers like election results.

During ebola we all knew the epicenter was Eti osa and surulere LGAs. Fashola APC could not actively connive with Goodluck's PDP in perpetuating this highly debateable figures cos they knew FG wasn't too keen to play ball.

Release LGA by LGA statistics,how many imported cases and how many community transmissions.

Let's have info on the dead,we had names of those that died during ebola,why is this different?

The government till now hasn't given any concrete plan on how they intend to get us out of this or how they intend to palliate the basic welfare of the people.

Absolutely nothing reponsible from government other than seemingly obvious untruthful assertions.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by ehisdan(m): 5:55am On Apr 25, 2020
If you believe this number to be true you are your own fear.

Something when them dey use calculator press na I'm una they halla like this.
Don't you know the more number in a State the more money being pumped in the State. Reason for Kano and Gombe jumping jumping.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:57am On Apr 25, 2020
Abeg Federal Govt should go to Madagascar for that medicine wey dey there.

1 Like

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by BareFacedLies(m): 5:59am On Apr 25, 2020
This issue is starting to give one serious concern!
Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by SavageResponse(m): 5:59am On Apr 25, 2020
The daily increase in now in the hundreds sad
Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by blowjohn(m): 6:01am On Apr 25, 2020
Gombe just like that?
Edo no gree discharge anybody since

1 Like

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by Princedapace(m): 6:04am On Apr 25, 2020
This could av been avoided only if the useless leaders in Abuja locked down the airports and land borders since the italian man brought it into Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by Mizwisdom(f): 6:08am On Apr 25, 2020
Lipscomb:
Apart from 80% Crs ladies doing house maids in Lagos another 78% involve in prostitution .
However Lagos state a commercial center of Nigeria the revenue the federal government generating from this state is part of Niger delta oil the federal government use to pay your governor as a federal monthly allocation

How did you come about those figures?

3 Likes

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by AdaoraNK(f): 6:10am On Apr 25, 2020
Dansuqi:

Sorry,cross river produces more oil than lagos by far.

No, I don't think CRS produces oil again. A-Ibom collected all their wells both on shore and offshore, hence their huge oil exploration and revenue.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by HopeAtHand: 6:12am On Apr 25, 2020
Lipscomb:
Without Lagos can your cross river breathing?

Kindly expatiate on this comment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by wink2015(m): 6:14am On Apr 25, 2020
With the low number of infection rates coming from Delta state.

I am still wondering what informed Senator Dr Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa to continued hold on strongly to the lockdown.

most Nigerian know he is medical doctor by profession before he delved into politics.

His predecessors Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan was equally medical doctor.

There are others like former Anambra state governor now labour minister, senator Ngige.

I doubt if the likes of Governor Okowa, labour minister Ngige, ex-governor Uduaghan will be fit for their traditional medical profession after their political careers closed out.

But one thing is certain they no small men by their financial standing.

They have made stupendous wealth for themselves from their political portfolios.

2 Likes

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by Mizwisdom(f): 6:17am On Apr 25, 2020
The lockdown isn't working. People will never successfully practice social distancing here unless enforced by police/military and we don't have enough to go round. But if people are allowed to go to our places of work and schools, it's easier to set guidelines for these establishments to follow and maintain

4 Likes

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by Plebian(f): 6:20am On Apr 25, 2020
Chatflick:
I want to use this opportunity to thank PHCN for their good work. They are doing well

PS: Someone should please recommend a very good android game that will keep me away from the internet cause I'm tired of buying data please cry

read book, read Robert Greene books

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by SirWarlock: 6:20am On Apr 25, 2020
Chatflick:
I want to use this opportunity to thank PHCN for their good work. They are doing well

PS: Someone should please recommend a very good android game that will keep me away from the internet cause I'm tired of buying data please cry

Me too cry
Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by Ishilove: 6:23am On Apr 25, 2020
I went out yesterday and I realised that Lagos lockdown is a farce. This is just the beginning, and that's the fact.

3 Likes

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by SavageResponse(m): 6:24am On Apr 25, 2020
Bigleaf1006:
How and where was the test conducted. APC is busy playing games with us. Boss Mustapha and Sanwoolu are in cahoots on this conspiracy.

I have forever been waiting for data on LGA basis at least for Lagos. No info,no data to work on but all we get is releasing numbers like election results.

During ebola we all knew the epicenter was Eti osa and surulere LGAs. Fashola APC could not actively connive with Goodluck's PDP in perpetuating this highly debateable figures cos they knew FG wasn't too keen to play ball.

Release LGA by LGA statistics,how many imported cases and how many community transmissions.

Let's have info on the dead,we had names of those that died during ebola,why is this different?

The government till now hasn't given any concrete plan on how they intend to get us out of this or how they intend to palliate the basic welfare of the people.

Absolutely nothing reponsible from government other than seemingly obvious untruthful assertions.

Did you search for a breakdown of figures on LGA basis and could not find?

Well i happend to have seen a breakdown of the figures at one time.

Stop making false accusations which you cannot prove!

2 Likes

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by LEBEfirstson: 6:24am On Apr 25, 2020
Ishilove:
I went out yesterday and I realised that Lagos lockdown is a farce. This is just the beginning, and that's the fact.
.. WHERE AND WHERE DID YOU GO
Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by Innomach(m): 6:24am On Apr 25, 2020
Uprangers11:
D really shit is going down in kano.....if lagos can be dis high then i pity Kano people....stay safe

Testing has been suspended in Kano for some days now due to lack of testing kits. You can imagine the figure when testing is resumed.

2 Likes

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by seunfly: 6:25am On Apr 25, 2020
juman:
The antibody test that would confirm those people already had corona and recovered is important.
That will break the lockdown.

Many people already had it.

You get the logic, many had it but have recovered. Even people saying it is a lie on nairaland might have had it and had recovered from but if it can be proven that you can have and quickly recover, it will make it less scary and people can move about with their businesses but with adequate caution and personal protection.

3 Likes

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by Ishilove: 6:29am On Apr 25, 2020
LEBEfirstson:
.. WHERE AND WHERE DID YOU GO
Here and there, the opposite sides of Lagos. I was in a vehicle throughout though so I didn't mingle.
Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by Kaybaba5(m): 6:30am On Apr 25, 2020
This is ridiculous
Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by honeyB2018: 6:30am On Apr 25, 2020
Dear Babajide Sanwo -,Olu, Gov of Lagos state.
I want to really appreciate you, for your wonderful work and style of leadership. I want to also appreciate the efforts of the front line medical team in tackling this pandemic.
My worry and question now is this. " IS THERE ENOUGH FACILITIES IN LAGOS STATE NOW TO HANDLE THE INCREASE IN THE NUMBER OF COVID PATIENTS OR DO WE RELOCATION"
Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by yommen: 6:33am On Apr 25, 2020
Dansuqi:

What does crs benefit from lagos

Nothing!!! I'm Yoruba born and bred in Lagos. It's sick to believe that a particular state won't survive without another just as some Ibos believe South West can't survive without them. Whole bunch of trash!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 114 New Coronavirus Cases Reported.Total 1095 .208 discharged. 32 deaths by wink2015(m): 6:35am On Apr 25, 2020
With the low number of infection rates coming from Delta state.

I am still wondering what informed Senator Dr Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa to continued hold on strongly to the lockdown.

most Nigerian especially deltans know that he started as a medical doctor by profession before delving into politics.

BUT IS THAT WHY GOVERNOR OKOWA SHOULD IGNORE THE FEELINGS OF A GREATER NUMBER OF DELTANS WHO DESIRE AND CHERISH THEIR FREEDOM AND WANT THE LOCKDOWN EASED UP OR OUTRIGHTLY CANCELLED.

For the avoidance of doubt, delta state figure of infection rate as released by the NCDC is very low compared to Lagos, Ogun and Abuja FCT that has relatively large coronavirus infection rate.

Governor Okowa as if the lockdown was not enough also went as far as to impose a dusk to dawn curfew.

Where are the opposition political men like Great Ogboru, Festus Kenyamo, Ovie Omo-Agege, Lucky Gbagi?

Why are they not speaking out against Okowa administration that is running civilian government using military style tactics of you either bend or you break.

The so called palliative that are being shared by government representative are insufficient to even go round the poorest of the poor.

A lot of the food items ends up in the hands of government representative detailed to share the palliatives. Who either sell this food to rich Nigerians making donation in their community or they either keep the food items for their personal consumption or give it to their friends, family members and associates.

I am wondering why a medical man like governor Okowa is not putting the right policy in place to ease the suffering of people living in delta state.

His predecessors Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan was equally medical doctor.

There are others like former Anambra state governor now labour minister, senator Ngige.

I doubt if the likes of Governor Okowa, labour minister Ngige, ex-governor Uduaghan will be fit for their traditional medical profession after their political careers closed out.

But one thing is certain they no small men by their financial standing.

They have made stupendous wealth for themselves from their political portfolios.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is This On My Nose? (Viewers Discretion) / Five New Cases Of Coronavirus Infection In Nigeria; Total Now 70 / Coronavirus: Iraj Harirchi, Iran's Deputy Health Minister Tests Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.