Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

COVID-19: Is Nigeria Doing Well In The Fight Against Coronavirus? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Is Nigeria Doing Well In The Fight Against Coronavirus? (192 Views)

People Who Have Contributed Monetarily To Fight Against Coronavirus In Nigeria / Ask Cuban Government For Help In Fight Against Coronavirus - Falana Writes FG / Masturbation Boosts The Immune System Against Coronavirus – Medical Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Is Nigeria Doing Well In The Fight Against Coronavirus? by Nltaliban(m): 5:25am On Apr 25, 2020
I've been worried of late so I took my time to check through the https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries for statistics of Corona virus. We now have over 1,000 cases so I decided to compare all countries countries with 1000-2000 cases.

What I found was that Nigeria is one of the countries that tested the least people.

I think We're undertesting!!! And what that means is that the number of people, who have coronavirus in Nigeria, is more than the number recorded by government.

I mean, 1 in 10 of our tests comes out positive and yet, we think there's no cause for alarm? We're comfortably sitting on a keg of gunpowder while playing with the snake of a rattlesnake.

The same Nigeria where Kano hasn't reported cases due to lack of testing kits and people are dying in hundreds? Lol, I hope we're alive to tell the story of this Pandemicpe we're alive to tell the story of this Pandemic

Re: COVID-19: Is Nigeria Doing Well In The Fight Against Coronavirus? by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:30am On Apr 25, 2020
Nigeria is not doing well. It's not surprising thought.
Re: COVID-19: Is Nigeria Doing Well In The Fight Against Coronavirus? by McCoy662(m): 7:38am On Apr 25, 2020
Hell no.
Re: COVID-19: Is Nigeria Doing Well In The Fight Against Coronavirus? by lalasticlala(m): 10:58am On Apr 25, 2020
I don't think so. I agree with the OP in terms of poor-quality testing for COVID19 in Nigeria. If many are tested, you will be amazed at the number of positive people.

May God help us

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Is Nigeria Doing Well In The Fight Against Coronavirus? by JasonJidenna(m): 10:59am On Apr 25, 2020
lalasticlala:
I don't think so. I agree with the OP in terms of poor-quality testing for COVID19 in Nigeria. If many are tested, you will be amazed at the number of positive people.

May God help us
If they're tested especially those guys relocating back to the North.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Is Nigeria Doing Well In The Fight Against Coronavirus? by Tintinnoty(m): 11:24am On Apr 25, 2020
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Lockdown: Enugu Intercepted And Turned Back Travellers / Covid-19: Make Jest Of Kano At Your Peril / What South East Leaders Should Do To Avert The Effect Of Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.