Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator (48359 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 / Pauline Tallen Appoints Daughter, Violet Osunde, As Special Assistant / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed To Board Of Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by fergie001: 11:27am On Apr 25, 2020
mtinfx:

Especially the one you quoted

Might be in js1
Keep quiet.

Once you hear Govt, it must be federal.
Haven't you heard about State Govts.?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by chocolatelady(f): 11:28am On Apr 25, 2020
Congratulations
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by fergie001: 11:28am On Apr 25, 2020
KenModi:

She shld do what?!!!

No take laugh kill me here.

Nigerians don’t deserve technically sound people like this doing anything nice. Y’all deserve what you are experiencing.
Have you been to her village before?
I mean where her husband comes from!?
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by fergie001: 11:31am On Apr 25, 2020
ckmayoca:
APC government won’t appreciate or accept it because they tarnished her image

Must Govt mean Federal?
Don't we have State Govts?

Haba...........
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 25, 2020
mrvitalis:
This is what this woman have up to serve as Minister for 4 years and some mofos didn't appreciate it
looters would never appreciate her. The TSA was her idea. Jonathan was just too weak to be president. He would have been the best president Nigeria ever, had he taken some stern decisions without looking uche in the face. At times, you act like a mad man as a leader otherwise, your govt would be run down by wolves and hyenas. Rotimi Amaechi frustrated this woman as chairman of governors' forum. He threatened her on her refusal to approve the spending of the money in the excess crude accounts that time, urging them to prepare for the raining day. Amaechi prevailed after luring jonathan into it but okonjo iweala applied sense by not consenting to it. It was concluded between Jonathan and Amaechi and the moment the former entered the trap, amaechi called it quits with Jonathan and the governors squandered that money. Most of them are the saints in the apc today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by Isinkwocha: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2020
Your foolishness has no equal. Your message is clear stop the congrats and nurse your wounds Mr bigot
SWORD419:
Congrats, Nigerian politians sha, they act like kleptomaniacs when given local posts but become workaholic when given international posts
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by jaxxy(m): 11:32am On Apr 25, 2020
Racoon:
NOI is just a woman in her own class just like Former Agric Minister-Akinwunmi Adeshina.The OBJ/Jonathan govt really paraded some of the best minds Nigeria ever had who are still shining globally till today.

Fast forward to today.The present finance minister is a horrible disaster with no touch of financial prudence but just helping govt to a chronic debt pillage.Meanwhile, I still ask-where the hell is Madam Kemi Adeosun(NYSC certificate forger)?

I always thank obasanjo for finding and bringing this woman to serve and help us. Very patriotic woman by all standards.

Both some semi illiterates do not know what we are losing due to playing dumb politics.

I still say we need obasanjo's input in our nationhood.
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by mybbcnews: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2020
Lockdown: Soldiers/Police in Rwanda under fire for Sexual Harassments and killing of civilians
https://www.mybbcnews.com/2020/04/soldiers-in-rwanda-raping-and-killing-civilians.html
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 25, 2020
morikee:
People saying Nigeria not testing enough forgot that we are doing different test which is molecular and involve the collection of swabs anyways we aren't doing rapid testing.

Anyways congrats Aunty NOI

This is NOT an excuse.
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 25, 2020
youngestuk:
Give this woman the presidency, but some people will never allow that. They would prefer, Gen buhari, atiku, tinubu, oshiomole and co. Nigeria nah dead country full of biased masses. Smh

Please how old were you when she was the coordinating minister of the economy under Jonathan for 6 years?

Under her rule, the federal government for the first time borrowed money to pay federal civil service.

She supervised large scale looting of the treasury as Jonathan and his merry band of thieves died their sticky fingers in the nation's purse.

During her tenure, crude oil was sold for $120 per barrel, the highest it had ever been sold for in a while, yet the country experienced forex shortage just shortly to the 2015 elections.

Despite the revenue from crude oil at that price, the amount of money left in the nation's treasury was smaller than what they met, yet almost nil capital projects were carried out.

Under her very nose, public officials like Diezani Allison Maduekwe, Stella the minister of aviation as well as non public officials like the wife of the President, mama piss, were able to carry away the nation's wealth for personal use.

She can be the president of Biafran, no problem.
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by jojofola: 11:35am On Apr 25, 2020
This woman's profile is deafening!!!!!!
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 25, 2020
youngestuk:
Give this woman the presidency, but some people will never allow that. They would prefer, Gen buhari, atiku, tinubu, oshiomole and co. Nigeria nah dead country full of biased masses. Smh

Presidency is an electoral position, it is not given!

Why is she not given to start as the governor of Delta state ? You have to contest and win!

Please remove your emotions from politics
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by sizer07: 11:36am On Apr 25, 2020
It shall never be well with anyone who who par took in bringing those oloruburukus, scammers with his/her voters card at the helm of affairs in this country, where as the world who value intellects such as this woman with vast experience to take us to the promise land are scrambling for her service, or yes for those of you shit holes feminist, gender insensitive bygones,hypocritical morons and buhari zombiizims that want to quote me.she is very much capable of been in charge of running this country and I bet my left balls cuz I had lost the right one to a big bet,details leta.... grin that she will do an excellent job better than those zombies, dullards we have in aso rock.my super woman my mentor. Keep flying high while our covik one 9 , nepotismlistic,zombiilist clueless onuku. In shot make I no bite my tongue. Rubbish they will never alow something good like this to travels in Nigeria. Whyyyy?
Tueh...........
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by DoubleEngine007: 11:37am On Apr 25, 2020
grin grin grin grin
fergie001:

I don't think some Nairalanders know the difference between a Community and a Country.
Una no go kill person with laugh o
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by Elvisanderson: 11:37am On Apr 25, 2020
missionmex:
I stand to be corrected. There is no man or woman in Africa who have seen more appointment like this woman.
Koffi Annan___ Fmr. UN Sec. Gen
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by josite: 11:40am On Apr 25, 2020
a woman with no focus,give her appointment as chief of chefs to white house she go accept.a confused woman
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by Nochiriemmanuel: 11:40am On Apr 25, 2020
FrLukas:

Please how old were you when she was the coordinating minister of the economy under Jonathan for 6 years?

Under her rule, the federal government for the first time borrowed money to pay federal civil service.

She supervised large scale looting of the treasury as Jonathan and his merry band of thieves died their sticky fingers in the nation's purse.

During her tenure, crude oil was sold for $120 per barrel, the highest it had ever been sold for in a while, yet the country experienced forex shortage just shortly to the 2015 elections.

Despite the revenue from crude oil at that price, the amount of money left in the nation's treasury was smaller than what they met, yet almost nil capital projects were carried out.

Under her very nose, public officials like Diezani Allison Maduekwe, Stella the minister of aviation as well as non public officials like the wife of the President, mama piss, were able to carry away the nation's wealth for personal use.

She can be the president of Biafran, no problem.

You are saying trash.... She's d best. U know nothing

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by fergie001: 11:41am On Apr 25, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
grin grin grin grin Una no go kill person with laugh o
You know say the way to get nl likes na to abuse govt...

I wrote govt....people began to abuse as if we don't have State Govts.

The said woman is married to my community, and we are looking like a community that just left Civil War. It was in Dec, she pulled her weight to correct an erosion problem through World Bank/State Govt we have been begging her since she was Finance Minister under OBJ.

I know she is not Govt, but she has an influence some State Govs in Nigeria don't have, but when you talk people begin reason loco.

Many people from my same Community don't even know who she is.

Mtchew.......
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by toxtimmy: 11:41am On Apr 25, 2020
Kwanza:
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, named Special Envoy for WHO’s Access to COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/04/25/covid-19-okonjo-iweala-gets-whos-appointment/amp/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

In as much as I don't know this woman or her true body of work I will only say good luck to her.

Some say she should be president.... She does smell like a tool of the western intelligence agencies though... I mean I want a president of Nigeria that work for Nigeria only with the mindset that if Nigeria is better the world is better off.... But I don't want a person that is CIA or mi5 agent�.

Manchurian candidate.,. A leader bought and paid for not even by Nigerians but foriengers.

However the way Nigeria is structured currently will never work even if putin be our president... Zero unity.

Nigeria needs to break up... That's the start for anything good to begin to happen.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by Noel19: 11:41am On Apr 25, 2020
Sufisunni:
30 trillion missed under her watch

slowpoke stop wasting your time and go get some education.
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by manuelreports: 11:42am On Apr 25, 2020
Where is Aunty Kemi sef
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by RTSC: 11:42am On Apr 25, 2020
She came to this world with the glory of 100 people.

Every female child in Africa must have her as their first role model followed by chimamanda adichie.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by Nochiriemmanuel: 11:43am On Apr 25, 2020
josite:
a woman with no focus,give her appointment as chief of chefs to white house she go accept.a confused woman

See beef ooo. U do u know wat u want in life? I am sure good things dont come ur way. Keep criticizing success. Ewu zambia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by Hemanwel(m): 11:43am On Apr 25, 2020
Sufisunni:
Yes, Nigeria has one; though, 30 trillion has not missed under the current minster of finance
Siddon there make garri dey soak you! Have not you noticed that the northerners are covering up for their own? But when a southerner like Babatunde Fowler leaves office and is replaced by a northerner, they quickly cook up corruption allegations against him just to discredit southerners and justify the nepotism of this adminstration.

Bro, shine your eye!
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by Badilstical(m): 11:44am On Apr 25, 2020
anonymous1759:

You think politics is 1+1 abi? The kind of Leader we need in Nigeria at the moment is someone like Hitler, putin, Gaddafi, kim etc who will shut all the cabals , cleanse the system of corruption with their strong personality. Okonja is intelligent no doubt but she can't rule over the strong men in Nigeria her effort will be frustrated.
Being in leader is beyond intelligence and good heart the most important is Political will G. E. J lacked it I thought PMB will be stronger but he was defeated and corruption is still there.
this guy you were once or current part of the government hiding under nairaland forum.exactly why many of us wanted buhari, im igbo, but i supported buhari cos i though he was going to bring in decipline but was defeated, intelligent people(technocrates) can't rule Nigeria, strong enterprenuers or warlords can do it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by egworlordor(m): 11:44am On Apr 25, 2020
Na only President Okonjo Iweala com remain. What a man can do, a woman may do it better
Re: COVID-19: Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By WHO As Special Envoy For ACT Accelerator by Noel19: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
No matter the publicity she aint going no where near presidency

You have you gone anywhere in your life?

You better fix ur brain up of the hatred and bitterness that lies in it so you can move forward in your miserable life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Brazilian Returnee Arrested With Cocaine In Private Part / Police Disperse Yoruba Nation Agitators In Lagos With Gunshots / Boss Mustapha Hands Over To George Akume (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.