Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. (1025 Views)

FG Lines Up 140 Officials To Assess Tinubu's Ministers / Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria / Bayo Adelabu Campaign Parade Cars Caused A Lockdown In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by Cholls(m): 9:39am On Apr 25, 2020
dederocs:

the vaccine is being injected in humans already, read news and stop swallowing and spreading fear. advancement in medicine and science makes it easier to make vaccines faster,we are not in 1918, this is 2020...yes i agree with you, our immune will learn to resist it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/health-52394485
my brother that was just my noesis about the matter.

And I still stand by it. But if they can pull it off without much issues, it would be a massive relief to the world, and would help medical research and technology transcend new heights.
Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by dederocs(m): 9:41am On Apr 25, 2020
Chukwurah003:

Fantasy that’s currently killing thousands daily. If we get a working vaccine then that’s the perfect solution; not sending people to their deaths because you want to restart the economy. The economy will even refuse to start sef. Which worker will stay when people around him/her are dropping dead
thousands where?

yes its killing them there in droves cos of their immune system and weather, only 30 deaths here...you know how many people die everyday normally.
stay in your house,what do you care if others die...
Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by dederocs(m): 9:46am On Apr 25, 2020
Chukwurah003:

Fantasy that’s currently killing thousands daily. If we get a working vaccine then that’s the perfect solution; not sending people to their deaths because you want to restart the economy. The economy will even refuse to start sef. Which worker will stay when people around him/her are dropping dead

did you see the amount discharged,.it is not a death sentence, more or less like any other virus, the world was scared cos it was new.

1 Like

Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by Cholls(m): 9:53am On Apr 25, 2020
dederocs:

thousands where?

yes its killing them there in droves cos of their immune system and weather, only 30 deaths here...you know how many people die everyday normally.
stay in your house,what do you care if others die...
my brother it's even because Nigeria don't have a good Healthcare database system where people can source for information.

We need to know the percentages of people with pneumonia,tuberculosis...and so on. cuz these will be the people that will be affected the most.

1 Like

Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by dederocs(m): 9:54am On Apr 25, 2020
Cholls:
my brother it's even because Nigeria don't have a good Healthcare database system where people can source for information.

We need to know the percentages of people with pneumonia,tuberculosis...and so on. cuz these will be the people that will be affected the most.
no mind lazy jobless people, what is the value of life, when you are home, broke and hungry?
Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by candiva2013(m): 10:08am On Apr 25, 2020
dederocs:

Oga you are talking trash, people give birth and die everyday...how many people have died so far of Covid, how many people die yearly of malaria, over 300k...do the maths...not everyone it affects dies, only 4%, El Rufai, Boris, and so many survive, only 4% of those affected have died...only 30 people have died, in a nation of 200mil,do you know how many people bandits kill each week?
do you know how many people die every week normally...what is your fear?

So you want the economy to be locked down perpetually?

Do you know how many people will loose their jobs?

Talk with facts and figures, as it concerns Nigeria, again am speaking for Lagos....do you live in Lagos...are you being fed and kept?
you don't have sense
Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by dederocs(m): 10:10am On Apr 25, 2020
candiva2013:

you don't have sense
thats what fools type when they have nothing to say, am sure most of you dont stay in Lagos...this thread is for lagosians only.
Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by candiva2013(m): 10:12am On Apr 25, 2020
dederocs:

thats what fools type when they have nothing to say, am sure most of you dont stay in Lagos...this thread is for lagosians only.

Read everything you have written. Then think like a reasonable human you will realize how foolish you are.

hear me clearly, you don't have sense
Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by Cholls(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2020
candiva2013:

Read everything you have written. Then think like a reasonable human you will realize how foolish you are.

my brother lets assume he erred. Tell us the best possible solution out...

1 Like

Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by dederocs(m): 10:25am On Apr 25, 2020
candiva2013:

your father is a cow, cow bore you so you can not comprehend,village fool.
Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by joyandfaith: 10:29am On Apr 25, 2020
Chukwurah003:
The safest way to reopen the economy is to continue the lockdown until the curve is flattened. If the economy is reopened and there is a second wave of infections, the economy will suffer even more. Why don’t you wait and see what happens to Ghana and other countries reopening before praising. Also read about the Spanish Flu of 1918 and how hurriedly lifted quarantines worsened the situation.

can you predict when the curve will be flattened?
Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by candiva2013(m): 10:36am On Apr 25, 2020
dederocs:

ok
Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by candiva2013(m): 10:52am On Apr 25, 2020
Cholls:
my brother lets assume he erred. Tell us the best possible solution out...

If the lock down is prematurely relaxed, many more people will definitely contract the virus. we will have a bigger problem. When millions get infested the hospitals will be over stretched and as a result people will no longer be attended to and this will lead to deaths everywhere.

You will have to be alive to manage economy. Dead people don't enjoy life life.

Here in Nigeria it will be near impossible to ensure absolute compliance with safety measures if you relax the lockdown.

Those who recovered were treated in some special facilities and these facilities are few, they did not recover in their house. Now imagine a situation where by the virus gets out of control.

The government should provide palliatives for the citizens while they ensure that contacts of infested persons are identified in other to curb the spread of the virus.
Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by Afolabimills(m): 10:58am On Apr 25, 2020
Charleys:
The safest way to open the economy is to Enforce wearing of face mask. I used the word Enforce because not everyone will comply.

The Czechs have tried it and it's working for them. It's business as usual over there.

Cross River State has not reported any case of Covid19 despite it being close to Cameroon. A friend on Facebook told me If you don't wear a face mask 30k if you are a driver of a taxi and your passengers do not wear 300k you don't want to offend law enforcement

Don't wait for indegenous tailors to sew 1 million mask before you enforce wearing of face mask because you want to cash out of the Covid 19 pandemic (Oyo state).
correct talk

Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by candiva2013(m): 10:58am On Apr 25, 2020
dederocs:

OK, you see why I insist that you don't have sense.
Re: Need to assess the lockdown in Lagos, to avoid economic depression. by dederocs(m): 11:14am On Apr 25, 2020
candiva2013:

this is a forum, give us your own opinion...

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19; Mohammed Atiku-abubakar Will Reach 37days Incubation Period Tomorrow / Deport All Almajirins In The South East- Ohaneze Tells Governors. / Asari Dokubo, Ralph Uwazuruike Swear With Bible And Koran Against Nnamdi Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.