Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Covid-19: A Nairalander Pens An Open Letter To Rivers State Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Covid-19: A Nairalander Pens An Open Letter To Rivers State Governor (327 Views)

Gov. Wike Hands Over 32 Vehicles To Rivers House Of Assembly Members / What Wike Said During Buhari’s Visit To Rivers / PDP Moves Presidential Primaries To Rivers State: Aspirants Kick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19: A Nairalander Pens An Open Letter To Rivers State Governor by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
Dear Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike,

I see your efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19 in Rivers State, and I commend you. It is no easy task to lead a people in this trying times.

It worries me that many people in Rivers State are yet to take precautionary measures to safeguard their lives. This is disturbing.

It is a cause for concern that despite scarcely having a bottle of sanitizer, most public drivers still carry the usual number of passengers. Their vehicles filled like it was in the pre-covid days.

Measures should be urgently taken to curb the spread of the virus, especially with regards to the public transport situation in the state.

The River State Taskforce, popularly known for maintaining vehicular coordination and order should be directed to help enforce compliance to COVID19 safety rules.

Every public driver MUST have their hand sanitizer which they should regularly use and also give their passengers before these people board their vehicles. Drivers should regularly wear their face masks.

Though there have been reports that the use of face mask doesn't guarantee safety, wearing face masks will still take us a long way, as it will not be too easy for someone's fluid to make contact with another person.
Hence, everyone, as long as they have left their houses should be mandated to wear a face mask.

It is no news that an overwhelming number of Nigerians live from hand to mouth.
This is why complying with the lock down is difficult for many, especially those who are saddled with family responsibilities, low income earners, the elderly and those who earn nothing at all.

While I appreciate your effort to provide palliatives for the people of Rivers State, a committee should be set up to ensure that relief items get to those who really NEED them.
Members of this committee MUST be people who have a track record of having people at heart.

At this time, top priority has to be given to farmers. Agriculturists need the increased attention of the government.
Since the borders are closed and no one knows how long this pandemic/lockdown will last, farmers need to be assisted to increase their productivity.

Improvised seeds, fertilizers and other incentives should be made available for farmers. These intensives should be not be restricted to registered farmers' associations alone, people who are confirmed to be farmers should also benefit from this.

Implementation/Monitoring teams should be established to ensure that the resources to be release will be used for that purpose alone.

I am convinced there are ready professionals and many others in the state who are working hard to make sure that we will conquer this phase together.

Your Excellency, I trust you will be able to make decisions and moves that will stand the test to time, especially now.

Thank you for the efforts you put in governing this state. You are one Governor I admire.

This is a trying phase for everyone, and I trust we will all emerge safe and stronger after this period.

God bless us all.

Concerned lady,
Adaeze

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19: A Nairalander Pens An Open Letter To Rivers State Governor by rusep: 3:33pm On Apr 25, 2020
Forwarded
Re: Covid-19: A Nairalander Pens An Open Letter To Rivers State Governor by Jostoman: 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
I love this man

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: A Nairalander Pens An Open Letter To Rivers State Governor by helinues: 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
Go to scan news Facebook and post the letter there..

Wike will see it there

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: A Nairalander Pens An Open Letter To Rivers State Governor by Holumhidey(m): 4:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
We have heard your plea.

I'll pass it on to HIS EXCELLENCY

1 Like

Re: Covid-19: A Nairalander Pens An Open Letter To Rivers State Governor by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2020
I shall get it across to his Excellency right now

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Gunmen Kidnap Ekiti State Commissioner, Kill Councillor / 14-year-old India Boy Abighya Anand Who Correctly Predicted The Start Of Coronav / Delta State Government Ease Lockdown Order, See Full Broadcast By His Excellency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.