Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Victory Over Physical Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Victory Over Physical Death (319 Views)

Spiritual Death Easily Attracts Physical Death (part 2) / Divine Victory Over Physical Sickness / VICTORY OVER PHYSICAL AND ACADEMIC PARALYSIS #TestimonyTime #TGiF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victory Over Physical Death by ysyowel(m): 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2020
After reading this, I assure you, you will not die unless you choose to

Do you know that a believer can Choose to die and he can choose to cancel death, the power of life and death is in the tongue Prov 18:21, therefore whatsoever you say about yourself has a great impact upon your live. Before I tell you what God revealed to me, let me take you to the scripture so you can see examples of people who cancelled death and those who accepted death.
Re: Victory Over Physical Death by ysyowel(m): 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2020
,1 Cain

Cain slew his brother out of jealousy hear what God said to him and his responded

And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand; When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth. And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. Gen 4:11-16

Cain understood his punishment, he knew that everyone he meet will kill him with or without reason, willingly or unwillingly... and that will happen because of the cursed that was upon him.

*How does he escaped that
Vs 13-14 And Cain said unto the Lord, My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

Cain talk with God about his punishment, he plea he admitted that he can't bear the punishment, and because he plea, God said

Vs 15-16 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him. And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

Lesson
Cain sin and he deserved to die, but because he plea, because he admitted, God allow him to live even though he was driving from God's presence. The lesson is talk to God, admit, plea for your case and you will live long. Amen
Re: Victory Over Physical Death by ysyowel(m): 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
2. Hezekiah

_
In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the Lord, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live. Then he turned his face to the wall, and prayed unto the Lord, saying, I beseech thee, O Lord, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore. And it came to pass, afore Isaiah was gone out into the middle court, that the word of the Lord came to him, saying, Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the Lord, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the Lord. And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake. 2 Kings 20:1-6

It's clear Hezekiah was supposed to die physically but he did something that makes him live, and what was that
He talk to God he pray (he cried), and he remained God the good things he did how he walked before Him* but the must important is he humble himself before God

Hezekiah was bold to pray this prayer

Vs 3 I beseech thee, O Lord, remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.

You as a Christian my questions for you are:
Are you bold enough to approach God,
Are your deeds okay that you can stand boldly and say to God I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight.
Are you humble enough to cried before God to plea for your live?��‍♂️ Thank God for Jesus, in Christ we are righteous,

Yesterday I make mention of the power of life and death is in the tongue Prov 18:21, Cry to God and you will live, even if your medical report say you will die, cry and the death will be cancel. Hallelujah
Re: Victory Over Physical Death by ysyowel(m): 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2020
3. Ahab

was the Son of Omri 1kings 16:29
He did evil in the sight of God 1kings 16:30
He married Jezebel the daughter of Ethbaal king of the Zidonians, and went and served Baal, and worshipped him 1kings 16:31
Ahab did more to provoke the Lord God of Israel to anger than all the kings of Israel that were before him. 1 kings 16:33.

In 1 kings chapter 21
Some time later there was an incident involving a vineyard belonging to Naboth the Jezreelite. The vineyard was in Jezreel, close to the palace of Ahab king of Samaria. Ahab said to Naboth, “Let me have your vineyard to use for a vegetable garden, since it is close to my palace. In exchange I will give you a better vineyard or, if you prefer, I will pay you whatever it is worth.” But Naboth replied, “The Lord forbid that I should give you the inheritance of my ancestors.” So Ahab went home, sullen and angry because Naboth the Jezreelite had said, “I will not give you the inheritance of my ancestors.” He lay on his bed sulking and refused to eat...._
Jezebel heard that and she calmed her husband down promising that she will help him get the land. _So she wrote letters in Ahab’s name, placed his seal on them, and sent them to the elders and nobles who lived in Naboth’s city with him. In those letters she wrote: “Proclaim a day of fasting and seat Naboth in a prominent place among the people. But seat two scoundrels opposite him and have them bring charges that he has cursed both God and the king. Then take him out and stone him to death.” So the elders and nobles who lived in Naboth’s city did as Jezebel directed in the letters she had written to them._ And so an innocent man died and the king took over his inheritance.
Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah the Tishbite: Go down to meet Ahab king of Israel, who rules in Samaria. He is now in Naboth’s vineyard, where he has gone to take possession of it. Say to him, ‘This is what the Lord says: Have you not murdered a man and seized his property?’ Then say to him, ‘This is what the Lord says: In the place where dogs licked up Naboth’s blood, dogs will lick up your blood—yes, yours!’” Ahab said to Elijah, “So you have found me, my enemy!” “I have found you,” he answered, “because you have sold yourself to do evil in the eyes of the Lord. He says, ‘I am going to bring disaster on you. I will wipe out your descendants and cut off from Ahab every last male in Israel—slave or free. I will make your house like that of Jeroboam son of Nebat and that of Baasha son of Ahijah, because you have aroused my anger and have caused Israel to sin.’ “And also concerning Jezebel the Lord says: ‘Dogs will devour Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.’ Dogs will eat those belonging to Ahab who die in the city, and the birds will feed on those who die in the country.”...

On hearing that Ahab did something which I want us to see
When Ahab heard these words, he tore his clothes, put on sackcloth and fasted. He lay in sackcloth and went around meekly.
Ahab humble himself and he fasted for that God said

Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah the Tishbite: Have you noticed how Ahab has humbled himself before me? Because he has humbled himself, I will not bring this disaster in his day, but I will bring it on his house in the days of his son.”

*Lesson
Ahead was an evil man, he deserved to die, but because he *humble himself before God and he fasted* God was pleased and the death sentence was shifted.

You as a Christian if you want to be victorious over Physical death then learn how to be humble, learn how to pray and fast.
Re: Victory Over Physical Death by ysyowel(m): 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2020
4 Peter and the church

Peter head the church at Jerusalem, he was one of the must closed disciple of Jesus Christ, he was one of the three Mark 5:37, Matthew 17:1, 26:37.
When they started preaching Christ after they received the Holy Spirit the church keeps growing day by day Acts 2:4,14,47, and the oppositions also grew Act5:17-18, they were warned not to preach Jesus again Act 4:18...
King Herod wanted to gain favour from the Jews and so he arrested James and killed him, seeing how his wickedness please the Jews, he went ahead to arrest Peter, he wanted to kill him as well Acts 12:1-4.
But before the trial and execution the church did something, that save the live of Peter.
the church was earnestly praying to God for him. Acts 12:5

The night before Herod was to bring him to trial, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries stood guard at the entrance. Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. “Quick, get up!” he said, and the chains fell off Peter’s wrists. Then the angel said to him, “Put on your clothes and sandals.” And Peter did so. “Wrap your cloak around you and follow me,” the angel told him. Peter followed him out of the prison, but he had no idea that what the angel was doing was really happening; he thought he was seeing a vision. They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city. It opened for them by itself, and they went through it. When they had walked the length of one street, suddenly the angel left him. Then Peter came to himself and said, “Now I know without a doubt that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me from Herod’s clutches and from everything the Jewish people were hoping would happen.” When this had dawned on him, he went to the house of Mary the mother of John, also called Mark, where many people had gathered and were praying. Acts 12:6-12

*Lesson
The church didn't pray for James when he was arrested and he died, but when they arrested Peter the church realise that if they didn't pray they will loose Peter as well, and so they pray earnestly pray for him, and he didn't died physically the next day.
Re: Victory Over Physical Death by ysyowel(m): 4:24pm On Apr 25, 2020
5 Stephen

He was one of the seven elected people that are to serve at the table.
He was a man full of the Holy Spirit. One day he preached and people accuse him wrongly, they secretly persuaded some men to say, “We have heard Stephen speak blasphemous words against Moses and against God.” Acts 6:11... They accused him of blasphemy and drag him out of the city and stone him.
Before Stephen died something happened
He saw the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. Act 7:55
After saying that they rushed him out of the city and began stone him, Stephen prayed one prayer
Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. Acts 7:59-60

First thing I want you to understand is Jesus was always seen seated at the right hand of God, this is the only scripture we saw Jesus standing, that means Jesus Christ was telling Stephen ask anything *I AM is here for you,* but Stephen said Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Do you know that Stephen died because he prayed for it� Not just because he was stone, Paul was also stone but he refused to pray Stephen kind of prayer and he live. Hallelujah

No matter the pain you are experiencing, if you didn't pray a prayer of dead believe me the pain won't kill you, so many people in the hospital keep praying such kind of prayer, Lord am tired I want to go... and must of them died.
Please if you are not ready to rest, never pray such kind of prayer for your self. Even if they shut you with a gun, pray for yourself I will not die and you won't die even though you will feel the pain but you will surely recover fastly. The power of life and death is in the tongue Prov 18:21
Re: Victory Over Physical Death by ysyowel(m): 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2020
6 Paul

Is possible for one to face all kind of difficulties yet live. Mind set is our main problem, we fear many things forgetting the fact that the LORD God said fear not.
Paul suffered yet he didn't died, hear what he have to say about himself.

been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. 2 Corinthians 11:23-28

All these doesn't take away his life
Paul discovered the mystery of life and death, he refused to die, he choose not to rest until he finish the race.

Think of all that Paul went through yet he didn't died, infact he didn't wish to died for the sake of the church, when Paul was ready he began to talked of fighting a good fight, finishing the race... And not long after that he fall asleep. Keep telling yourself that you won't died until you fullfill your destiny, and you will live, not even a virus can take your life.
Re: Victory Over Physical Death by ysyowel(m): 4:27pm On Apr 25, 2020
7 David
2 Samuel chapter 11&12

King David saw another man's wife (Bathsheba) bathing, as a king he enquired and sent for her, committed an adultery with her and send her back, when the woman realise that she was with a child (pregnant) she sent a word... David realise that and he wanted to cover his wrong doing, so he sent a letter to Joab saying *send me Uriah the Hittite* (the woman's husband), David try to make him sleep with his wife but he refused he slept at the door, David got him drunk the next day but he refused again, David decided to end his life, he sent him back to Joab with a letter and he wrote in the letter, *saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die.* And it happened that way Uriah died in that battle, and David took Bathsheba and she became his wife. God was not happy with David and the consequence of his sin is suppose to be death.

The Lord sent Nathan to David. When he came to him, he said, “There were two men in a certain town, one rich and the other poor. The rich man had a very large number of sheep and cattle, but the poor man had nothing except one little ewe lamb he had bought. He raised it, and it grew up with him and his children. It shared his food, drank from his cup and even slept in his arms. It was like a daughter to him. “Now a traveler came to the rich man, but the rich man refrained from taking one of his own sheep or cattle to prepare a meal for the traveler who had come to him. Instead, he took the ewe lamb that belonged to the poor man and prepared it for the one who had come to him.” David burned with anger against the man and said to Nathan, “As surely as the Lord lives, the man who did this must die! He must pay for that lamb four times over, because he did such a thing and had no pity.” Then Nathan said to David, “You are the man! This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘I anointed you king over Israel, and I delivered you from the hand of Saul. I gave your master’s house to you, and your master’s wives into your arms. I gave you all Israel and Judah. And if all this had been too little, I would have given you even more. Why did you despise the word of the Lord by doing what is evil in his eyes? You struck down Uriah the Hittite with the sword and took his wife to be your own. You killed him with the sword of the Ammonites. Now, therefore, the sword will never depart from your house, because you despised me and took the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be your own.’ “This is what the Lord says: ‘Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I will take your wives and give them to one who is close to you, and he will sleep with your wives in broad daylight. You did it in secret, but I will do this thing in broad daylight before all Israel.’”

*After everything hear what David said*
Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” Nathan replied, “The Lord has taken away your sin. You are not going to die.

Though God punished David for his wrong doing, but the way David humble himself and plead for mercy adverted the death upon him. All you need to do is to stop looking at yourur wrong doing, look unto the merciful God, full of compassion through Christ, and plea for mercy and you will live long.
Re: Victory Over Physical Death by ysyowel(m): 4:39pm On Apr 25, 2020
if you want to live long then you need to know these.

1 knowledge
Many died early because they lack knowledge. the Bible said
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. Hosea 4:6
if i say knowledge i am not taking about denominational or self knowledge am talking about divine knowledge of God.

2 Honour people.
honour your parent and you will live long. not just your parent but the elders, the shepherds, and the authorities God set over you.

Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth. Ephesians 6:1-3

3. Believe that the God you serve is Almighty, and there is none greater than Him, believe that in Christ Jesus you are untouchable.

4. Prayer
The people we studied before who cancelled death in there lives in the bible, did that through prayer, (cried, plea, pray talk with God). Even now when a wicked person is attacking you physically or spiritually through prayer and putting the whole armour of God you will surely overcome always

5 Humility. always humble yourself

6 control your tongue
the scripture says the power of life and death is in the tongue Prov 18:21, don't use your tongue to end your life, use it well that you may live longer.

if you can do these believe me you will live long, not even virus, watches, wicked people can terminate your life
Re: Victory Over Physical Death by ysyowel(m): 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2020
Victory over physical death part 9

God watches over you, He also protect others for your sake. When God was about to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah, in Gen 18:23-32
Abraham approached him and said: “Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”,... Abraham continue with his plea until the number reduces to 10
Then he said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?” He answered, “For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it.”

Do you hear that *for the sake of 10 righteous people God won't destroy the land*

The region God was about to destroy was a plane land and there are five cities there, Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, Zeboim and Zoar, all the five cities will be destroy if the angels didn't find 10 righteous people. At the end four cities were destroyed (the Bible put more emphasis on Sodom and Gomorrah because they are the key cities)

And that the whole land thereof is brimstone, and salt, and burning, that it is not sown, nor beareth, nor any grass groweth therein, like the overthrow of Sodom, and Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim, which the Lord overthrew in his anger, and in his wrath: Deu 29:23KJV

the fifth city was spear because of lot's intervention

As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, “Flee for your lives! Don’t look back, and don’t stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to the mountains or you will be swept away!” But Lot said to them, “No, my lords, please Your servant has found favor in your eyes, and you have shown great kindness to me in sparing my life. But I can’t flee to the mountains; this disaster will overtake me, and I’ll die. Look, here is a town near enough to run to, and it is small. Let me flee to it—it is very small, isn’t it? Then my life will be spared.” He said to him, “Very well, I will grant this request too; I will not overthrow the town you speak of. But flee there quickly, because I cannot do anything until you reach it.” (That is why the town was called Zoar.) Gen 19:17-22NIV

in today's lesson we see that God didn't intend Christians to live in constant fear of death, but we should know that we will live long and even intercede for others so they can live both physical and spiritual.
Re: Victory Over Physical Death by ysyowel(m): 7:10am On Jun 04, 2020
*Victory over physical death part 10*

*Fear not says the LORD*

When I think about the root cause of so many mistakes and spiritual pitfalls in my life, the source seems to be the one and only, the ugly, fear. Fear will cause us to buckle and settle for less than God's best. It'll cause us to disobey after diluting our trust in Him, and even when do stay strong, it'll rob us of our peace and joy. Hear what the scriptures says about overcome fear.

_Deuteronomy 31:8 "He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."_

_Isaiah 43:1 "Don't fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine."_

Many lost their lives because of fear, i remember issue of ebola virus and bathing with salt, out of fear some people lost their lives because they took a lot of salt. Same thing happened now, when some people heard that chloroquin is effective in treating corona virus, some people took a lot of chloroquin and they lost their lives.
Hear what the Psalmist say

_Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me._

Jesus Himself told us not to worry about anything Matt 6:25

One of the great instruments the kingdom of darkness uses is fear, but fear is not part of God's kingdom for the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. "and no fear" Gal 5:22-23.

We have died and are raised with Christ, and so fear should not be the part of us, Just believe God fear not and you will live long to fulfill your destiny

(1) (Reply)

I Can’t Open Church, Endanger People’s Lives –bakare / Sunday Adelaja On Religious Leaders In Nigeria / Patience Quotes Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.