Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Why I Think The Customers Are Not Always Right By Intel Parrot - April 25, 20200 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Think The Customers Are Not Always Right By Intel Parrot - April 25, 20200 (595 Views)

is The Customer Always Right? / Are Customers Always Right? / Customers Are Not Always Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Think The Customers Are Not Always Right By Intel Parrot - April 25, 20200 by mascot19(m): 4:36pm On Apr 25, 2020
Before now, you might have come across the phrase “the customer is always right”. This phrase was pioneered by Harry Gordon Selfridge who was a successful retailer back in 1909, the essence of the phrase was just to tell the customers they are special which they are.

But in recent times, it got me thinking why would the customers be always right?

Below are my thoughts

· YOU MAKE YOUR EMPLOYEES UNHAPPY

Your employees are the ones who drive your business, they can either make or mar your business. Don’t let your customers put them in a position where they doubt their existence in your company.

According to one of Richard Branson’s quotes my friend told me, “Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients.”

If you put your employees first, you’d be surprised at the positive things they can do. However, it shouldn’t stop punishing an erring employee. If they get too comfortable, your employees can take your support for granted.

· NOT ALL CUSTOMERS ARE GOOD FOR BUSINESS

Though the more customers you have, the more sales and revenue. But don’t forget, some are customers are just bad for business.

There are customers that are bent on frustrating you or your business, they’d make you deploy more resources, time that can be used on other tasks. Some might even frustrate you by being rude.

If you can afford to cut them loose, please do. But if you can’t, develop strategies and antics to maintain.

· UNDUE ADVANTAGE

If you let your customers know they are always right, you’re giving them an undue over your employees. They can use the notion to look down on your employees, make derogatory remarks at them and so on.

In conclusion, you shouldn’t say customers are always right. Rather, it should be “all customers are special”.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

12 Super Effective Ways To Motivate Your Team / Trade Wars: Trump Administration Pushing To Rip Global Supply Chains From China / Why Is Nobody Talking About Federal Govt Forced Stamp Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.