Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,674 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

All Igbo's Please Come In , This Is Really Serious - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / All Igbo's Please Come In , This Is Really Serious (449 Views)

bongomusic.com.ng - WebApp for All Igbo Brothers & Sisters at Home and Abroad / Igbankes Is Not Igbo Please Stop / Aniocha, Ndokwa, Ika And Oshimilli Are All Igbo's. Please Know Your Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Igbo's Please Come In , This Is Really Serious by Bernardhill: 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2020
Brothers and sisters there is something i really wanna know , this has been disturbing me for sometime now , Being an IGBO boy I wanna know more about our Tradition and Spirituality, although am kinda mixture , Dad Igbo(Anambra) and Mum Urhobo(Delta)
Grew up in Delta and still schooling here.
Please IGBO'S I know this might sound weird to some Christians , Am not against your belief or whatsoever
What I wanna know is this , Before Christianity came into existence , I already have clue the IGBO'S are highly spiritual,
I need advance mind to enlighten me on our Spirituality , Ancestors etc
Please if its something we can't discuss here on Nairaland , drop any info I can reach you with.

Thanks
Re: All Igbo's Please Come In , This Is Really Serious by adadike(f): 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2020
Pazienza, pls come in
Re: All Igbo's Please Come In , This Is Really Serious by Aboks(m): 5:57pm On Apr 25, 2020
Dis wan you dey find old culture you wan go serve juju
Re: All Igbo's Please Come In , This Is Really Serious by Nobody: 12:37am On Apr 26, 2020
Bernardhill:
Brothers and sisters there is something i really wanna know , this has been disturbing me for sometime now , Being an IGBO boy I wanna know more about our Tradition and Spirituality, although am kinda mixture , Dad Igbo(Anambra) and Mum Urhobo(Delta)
Grew up in Delta and still schooling here.
Please IGBO'S I know this might sound weird to some Christians , Am not against your belief or whatsoever
What I wanna know is this , Before Christianity came into existence , I already have clue the IGBO'S are highly spiritual,
I need advance mind to enlighten me on our Spirituality , Ancestors etc
Please if its something we can't discuss here on Nairaland , drop any info I can reach you with.

Thanks

True, the Igbo's were spiritual. Everyone had their chi, which is God. And the chi is the one that protects you and gives your destiny according to the Igbo's. Then they had some dieties, but didn't give reverence to the extent of giving them blood libations. The one i can remember is Ala, the earth goddess (she gives fertility to the land) and we have Ahmadioha (the God of thunder, I don't know his purpose but I guess is for vengeance somewhat)

But the Chi of every man was of great importance to the Igbo's.
Re: All Igbo's Please Come In , This Is Really Serious by Bernardhill: 8:44am On Apr 26, 2020
Eberejesus111:

True, the Igbo's were spiritual. Everyone had their chi, which is God. And the chi is the one that protects you and gives your destiny according to the Igbo's. Then they had some dieties, but didn't give reverence to the extent of giving them blood libations. The one i can remember is Ala, the earth goddess (she gives fertility to the land) and we have Ahmadioha (the God of thunder, I don't know his purpose but I guess is for vengeance somewhat)

But the Chi of every man was of great importance to the Igbo's.
Hmmmmm Eberejesus continue , Is that all you know?
Re: All Igbo's Please Come In , This Is Really Serious by Bernardhill: 9:26am On Apr 26, 2020
Aboks:
Dis wan you dey find old culture you wan go serve juju

Call it whatever bro , It baffles me when I heard Christianity was brought to Africa by some white men when there are many Africans to do that and how some white men also came to africa to steal some gods.
Re: All Igbo's Please Come In , This Is Really Serious by Bernardhill: 9:29am On Apr 26, 2020
Unless we break their Very Back Bone , Such an incredible statement

(1) (Reply)

Emir Of Rano,Tafida Abubakar is dead Hours After Hospitalisation, Age 75. / Win 20,000 Naira Jumia Voucher For Just 5 Minutes Of Your Time! / Birthday Celebration: Things You Must Do On Your Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.