Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Rjikaard And Barcelona - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Rjikaard And Barcelona (831 Views)

Lionel Messi And Barcelona Accused Of Elaborate Syrian Rebel Weapons Plot. / Moderator Needed To Post Real Madrid And Barcelona Match Threads / The Difference Between Arsenal And Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rjikaard And Barcelona by RuuDie(m): 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2007
I've always felt that Barcelona is 2 big a club 4 Frank Rjikaard @ times he just seems 2 be @ loss & doesn't know what 2 do or how to charge his wards --- what's your take ? do you feel Rjikaard is doing a good job or Barca should replace him ?
Re: Rjikaard And Barcelona by dinozzo(m): 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2007
Barca has a history as with most top teams outside the UK of sacking coaches when things aren't going their way. I think he will be sacked or forced to resign if they don't win the la liga this season but I don't think he deserves that having won a champions league title and two la ligas.
Re: Rjikaard And Barcelona by RuuDie(m): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2007
Have you noticed that unlike it is in the capital madrid where if the team as much as put a foot wrong, media, fans & even the club officials would start spitting fire & brimstone, baying for blood & calling for heads to roll; in the catalan camp there seems to be much calm. even when Barca was having a rough time --- there was relative calm & there has not been any reports or signals that Rjikaard's job could be on the line ! he's like Barca's own version of BILL CLINTON, they just seem to love him out there --- what do you think ?
Re: Rjikaard And Barcelona by dinozzo(m): 2:17pm On Jun 08, 2007
well that might be true, looks maybe the fans have a particular liking for him maybe its because of his calm nature or something but I still believe if he doesn't win the title this season the pressure will start rising and some might starting calling for his head it has always been like that. Remember Bobby Robson back in 1996 I think, they lost the title to madrid that year and won the cup winners cup and the spanish cup but just because of the fact they didn't win the la liga he was sacked. A similar story is Van Gal he won back to back la liga titles with Barca but failed to do so the next season and also was knocked out in the champ league it wasn't long before he was shown the way out too.
Re: Rjikaard And Barcelona by RuuDie(m): 2:44pm On Jun 08, 2007
u know, i've got this funny feeling that this ain't gonna happen except there's a change in the Club presidency.
I don't recall that there's ever been any feuds between the coaching crew and club officials --- unlike so many other big clubs in Europe, Barca seems to have this disciplne and organisation, hence the relative stability there.

personally, i feel Rjikaard is not mature enough to handle that Barca team --- he still has a lot to learn about managing players and handling the psychological warfare involved in high-profile matches. for instance, in the first set of the Chelsea-Barca series Mourinho actually won that by pulling a fast psychological gimmick on Rjikaard who feel for it and took his eye off the ball and that proved really costly !
Re: Rjikaard And Barcelona by dinozzo(m): 3:04pm On Jun 08, 2007
Jose Mourinho was smart there anyone who was around during the playing days of Rjikaard knows that he has the tendency of losing his temper at times and he used that against him then.I think Rjikaard is the ideal person to coach Barca judging by the achievments he has made in the Nou camp. Everyone has his weaknesses but I don't think his is that significant when you look at other coaches and remember he got the better of Jose at the bridge last year, how many coaches can boast about that. Even the great Fergie can't.
Re: Rjikaard And Barcelona by doyin13(m): 12:00am On Jun 09, 2007
I think the whole Barca thing is just a shame.

If any of the playas leave as it looks as it looks as they might, they will be missing out on consolidating their legacy.

Simply put this team has played the best football in Europe since the Great Ajax team of the mid 90's.

I always felt the signings of Zambrotta and Thuram would destabilise the team as would any injuries.

This was the case. I just feel they shuld return to the status quo and if Deco should leave it would give gudjonsen a better chance to be mor involved.
Re: Rjikaard And Barcelona by RuuDie(m): 10:02am On Jun 11, 2007
Nah, i disagree that the signings of Thuram and Zambrotta destabilized Barca some --- on the contrary, i'll pin Barca's lil' wooble 2 Rjikaard's relative inexperience & lack of fore-sight !

Barca almost do not play with a "4". the best guy that position they've got, most often than not, is pairing Puyol @ centre-back whilst Lilian Thuram sits it out on the bench. Geo is not, was never in his career & will never make a future out of being a wing-back; Ronaldinho should be substituted more often xpecially when he's not ticking & Victor Valdes has made enough errors to be relegated to no.3 in the goalkeeping pecking order but Rjikaard just doesn't seem eager to alter his tactics !

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool(4) Vs Stoke(0) On Wednesday 19th August / Barcelona Signs David Villa 19-05-2010 / Mourihno Target "lampard Or Ashley Cole": Befor Kaka Be A Chelsea Player Next Season. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.