Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Pitiful Condition Of Student Of The Rivers State University Of Sci. & Tech. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pitiful Condition Of Student Of The Rivers State University Of Sci. & Tech. (719 Views)

The Bad Welfare Condition Of Students In OAU (Photos) / RIP: Sunkanmi A Part One Student Of OAU Inter Rel. / Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pitiful Condition Of Student Of The Rivers State University Of Sci. & Tech. by veginboi(m): 2:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
I was watching AIT report yesterday when the issue of the striking ASUU of the Rivers State University Of Sci. And Tech. was mentioned and the gov. of the state Rt. Hon. Chibuike Amaechi was talking about dragging the association (ASUU) to the law court saying that the lecturers are ''insensitive'', meanwhile the school have been on precedent strike for close to 12 months now if not more. Settling the matter in a law court means the students will remain at home for the next six months or more after several adjournment. The students of which I am one are lamenting bitterly, even some students up to 300 level especially from rich families are applying for the 2011 UTME in other to de-camp for another school because of the deplorable conditions of the university, the freshers that have just been admitted are crying because after sitting at home admitted for a whole year and have been called to come and do there clearance and haven done the clearance and spent so much money will keep sitting at home and waiting are crying as well. Infact the school needs urgent intervention by the NUC if the law permits otherwise thousands of students from poor families will be rendered ''LIFETIME UNDERGRADUATES'' , Ameka
Re: Pitiful Condition Of Student Of The Rivers State University Of Sci. & Tech. by snowdrops(m): 2:48pm On Jan 08, 2011
how would ASUU and the government care when the children of the elite all school abroad or the most expensive of the universities in Nigeria.

I tell you, until an embargo is placed on leaders travelling overseas for education, health care, leisure, the status quo may well continue
Re: Pitiful Condition Of Student Of The Rivers State University Of Sci. & Tech. by WAEC0FFICE: 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2011
call me
Re: Pitiful Condition Of Student Of The Rivers State University Of Sci. & Tech. by jpilata(m): 4:33pm On Jan 08, 2011
The governor and ASUU members should try and help de students,so that they will go back to class. Rivers state has money more than many states that are paying their lecturers but i don't know what is wrong.
Re: Pitiful Condition Of Student Of The Rivers State University Of Sci. & Tech. by slyopez(m): 8:55am On Jan 10, 2011
Ina

(1) (Reply)

Neco! Neco! Neco! / . / Young People Use Internet And Mobiles For Social Good - Submit Your Entry To Wsy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.