Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1155128 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayodeji786: 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
Greetings from Memorial University of Newfoundland.

Please let be careful with whatever we say and also please make sure you’re very sure of something before saying it. For more clarification, most graduate programs are cheap. Only program with special fees are expensive. Thank you.

However, you’re right about research based cause it’s highly competitive. Enjoy sir!

Taiwolus:

Most programs at MUN will usually ask for Tuition > $12K. For perspective, more than half of Nigerian graduate students at MUN are paying $30K in tuition. The only programs with Tuition about $6,000 are research based programs, and I think the MBA program. Theses programs are usually very competitive, because of the obvious.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayodeji786: 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
Anyone here coming to memorial university grenfell campus in corner brook?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 11:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
Wait until you get your visa. Then apply for a visitor's visa for your husband as an accompanying family member. Your husband can change his status once he's in Canada.

Eilenora:
Hi All.
Would you advise that I wait to get a final approval and then hubby uses same to apply for a work permit so we can all go together as a family in december,
or
he should just apply for a visiting visa,we all go together,and then he has same converted to a work permit whilst there without having to return to Nig? If this is a better option,are visiting visas being attended to at the moment? it is pertinent for all of us to go together as a family cos I have 2 kids and won't be able to manage them alongside schooling.
Please advise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nyenyenwq(m): 11:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
Profile / Timeline:
Applied in April 22
Medical request: July 30
AIP: August 6

Documents uploaded
My BSc and MSc transcripts
BSc and MSc certificates
Waec
Recommendation letters from people I have worked under and few professors that taught me
Marriage certificates
Certificates of online courses I took
CV (Canadian standard and this was achieved with the help of my supervisor in canada)
SOP
Scholarship letter from the sch
Funding letter from my supervisor
Employment letter

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Taiwolus: 12:00am On Aug 07, 2020
Ayodeji786:
Greetings from Memorial University of Newfoundland.

Please let be careful with whatever we say and also please make sure you’re very sure of something before saying it. For more clarification, most graduate programs are cheap. Only program with special fees are expensive. Thank you.

However, you’re right about research based cause it’s highly competitive. Enjoy sir!

I don't enjoy being controversial, but MUN comes to the lips of people when they talk about cheap programs. And it rightfully should.

It's just funny because 80% of Nigerian students in graduate Engineering programs are paying $29,800 in Tuition. Reason is simple, it is easier to gain admission into these really expensive Programs. Yes, I said it....8 out of every 10 graduate engineering student that is Nigerian and schooling at MUN pays good dollars; and most of us applied because we thought it was cheap.

I am a graduate engineerings student at MUN.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:01am On Aug 07, 2020
Nyenyenwq:
I got my AIP today, I was so so afraid cos I felt I didn't attach enough documents to my application. Infact I didn't show any proof of fund except my funding and scholarship letters

Profile / Timeline:
Applied in April 22

Documents uploaded
BSc and MSc certificates
Waec
Recommendation letters from people I have worked under and few professors that taught me
Marriage certificates
CV (Canadian standard and this was achieved with the help of my supervisor in canada)
SOP
Employment letter

Remember! I didn't add any extra proof of fund neither did I show an extra family ties. Few documents were uploaded and God who did it for me will do same for all hopefuls. Amen

wow!! since april

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 12:08am On Aug 07, 2020
librangyps:

Go to page 194 @sapte and @osemigho discussed it. Reach out to them for the procedure
Thanks seen it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mogullet: 12:22am On Aug 07, 2020
Please I need help from you guys that did online application. How did you sign your IRCC application forms? I'm filling my own using Adobe but it not saving my e-signature that I putting on the document. Please help, I have had to go over it again and I'm not all that techy.

Nyenyenwq:
I got my AIP today, I was so so afraid cos I felt I didn't attach enough documents to my application. Infact I didn't show any proof of fund except my funding and scholarship letters

Profile / Timeline:
Applied in April 22

Documents uploaded
BSc and MSc certificates
Waec
Marriage certificates
SOP
Employment letter

Remember! I didn't add any extra proof of fund neither did I show an extra family ties. Few documents were uploaded and God who did it for me will do same for all hopefuls. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 12:38am On Aug 07, 2020
Mogullet:
Please I need help from you guys that did online application. How did you sign your IRCC application forms? I'm filling my own using Adobe but it not saving my e-signature that I putting on the document. Please help, I have had to go over it again and I'm not all that techy.

you don’t need to sign it,when you’ve uploaded and submitted all your documents and forms, it’ll take you to another page where you’ll be asked t put your e signature (your full name exactly as it is on your international passport)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:41am On Aug 07, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

na wa o... see plenty documents shocked
cheesy

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayodeji786: 12:46am On Aug 07, 2020
Nice buddy. Oya hit me.
Taiwolus:

I don't enjoy being controversial, but MUN comes to the lips of people when they talk about cheap programs. And it rightfully should.

It's just funny because 80% of Nigerian students in graduate Engineering programs are paying $29,800 in Tuition. Reason is simple, it is easier to gain admission into these really expensive Programs. Yes, I said it....8 out of every 10 graduate engineering student that is Nigerian and schooling at MUN pays good dollars; and most of us applied because we thought it was cheap.

I am a graduate engineerings student at MUN.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mogullet: 1:00am On Aug 07, 2020
Wow! Thanks alot for your response, it just gave me a huge relief.

Please I still want to ask how you were able to successfully fill the imm1294e form(application for study permit) as the boxes on it that gives options seem frozen. Eg, box for gender, nationality etc just freeze when ai click on them.

SKEPTA:

you don’t need to sign it,when you’ve uploaded and submitted all your documents and forms, it’ll take you to another page where you’ll be asked t put your e signature (your full name exactly as it is on your international passport)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 07, 2020
Congratulations to all AIP, pray every one else will also be favoured.

I just got my admission letter from University of New Brunswick and it has the option of both September and January start date. I hope September start date is not too close for study permit application. Thanks to all for all the contributions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayodeji786: 1:12am On Aug 07, 2020
Please use adobe reader to fill the form. it is only compatible with adobe reader. I hope this helps
Mogullet:

Please I still want to ask how you were able to successfully fill the imm1294e form(application for study permit) as the boxes on it that gives options seem frozen. Eg, box for gender, nationality etc just freeze when ai click on them.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayodeji786: 1:15am On Aug 07, 2020
It is too late; considering the current processing time is 25wks. I would advise you submit an application against January semester 2021 resumption. All the best
Time2soar:

I just got my admission letter from University of New Brunswick and it has the option of both September and January start date. I hope September start date is not too close for study permit application. Thanks to all for all the contributions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SKEPTA: 1:22am On Aug 07, 2020
Mogullet:

It might be that your adobe reader is outdated
Download the latest version of adobe acrobat reader (version 2020.009.20074)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 07, 2020
Ayodeji786:
It is too late; considering the current processing time is 25wks. I would advise you submit an application against January semester 2021 resumption. All the best
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blema111: 1:48am On Aug 07, 2020
Wanted to drop my soft landing epistle but the strength to type is something else. I’m lazy when it comes to typing.

To cut the long story short, I arrived Canada today via Cotonou and it was quite stressful and interesting. Immigration wasted my time and made me lose my flight. That’s all.

I’m available for questions. To all AIPs, congratulations. To all those awaiting approvals, there’s light at the end of the tunnel. You shouldn’t give up.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bettymi: 2:41am On Aug 07, 2020
Hi guys,
What PGD or Msc program, a philosophy graduate can go for ?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by culkid: 3:18am On Aug 07, 2020
Blema111:
Wanted to drop my soft landing epistle but the strength to type is something else. I’m lazy when it comes to typing.

To cut the long story short, I arrived Canada today via Cotonou and it was quite stressful and interesting. Immigration wasted my time and made me lose my flight. That’s all.

I’m available for questions. To all AIPs, congratulations. To all those awaiting approvals, there’s light at the end of the tunnel. You shouldn’t give up.

Congratulations.

Is your program online or hybrid?
Was it difficult to get to Cotonou?
Any issues from the Canadian border agents?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by culkid: 3:20am On Aug 07, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nomsy33(f): 3:24am On Aug 07, 2020
Ayodeji786:
Hi, Am applying for the first time, MUN, please I need your guidance through the application process. Sent you a mail. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blema111: 3:26am On Aug 07, 2020
culkid:

Congratulations.

Is your program online or hybrid?
Was it difficult to get to Cotonou?
Any issues from the Canadian border agents?

Thank you.
My program is online but I also recieved a letter of support to travel from my school.
Getting to Cotonou wasn’t that difficult. There was several checkpoints though but we passed through them on a low key. It’s about planning yourself if you intend to go through that route.
They asked why I was traveling since my classes are online, I just showed them my letter of support and that ended the discussion.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by culkid: 3:36am On Aug 07, 2020
Blema111:

My program is online but I also recieved a letter of support to travel from my school.
Getting to Cotonou wasn’t that difficult. There was several checkpoints though but we passed through them on a low key. It’s about planning yourself if you intend to go through that route.
They asked why I was traveling since my classes are online, I just showed them my letter of support and that ended the discussion.

Thank you for your response.
I have been trying to get on a flight from Nigeria, but to no avail. I guess I will have to go the Cotonou as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blema111: 3:56am On Aug 07, 2020
culkid:

Thank you for your response.
I have been trying to get on a flight from Nigeria, but to no avail. I guess I will have to go the Cotonou as well.
Nigeria’s border isn’t opened yet. Your best bet is any of the African neighboring countries.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by culkid: 4:11am On Aug 07, 2020
Blema111:

Nigeria’s border isn’t opened yet. Your best bet is any of the African neighboring countries.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by shockabsorber50: 5:41am On Aug 07, 2020
Urrch:

Which two Colleges are you applying to
Fanshawe college the second I would check again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by librangyps(f): 5:42am On Aug 07, 2020
Ayodeji786:

I advise you submit your application for student permit for this fall.

IRCC will continue to process AIP on applications submitted before September 15.

Take advantage.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by shockabsorber50: 5:42am On Aug 07, 2020
Anon123:

Okay .. Just did now
Bro still do not get your email please resend
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by shockabsorber50: 5:43am On Aug 07, 2020
Rach622:

Please tell me more. I'm also applying for Agric Business Diploma in a DLI college in Canada

Fanshawe college the second I would check again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 5:52am On Aug 07, 2020
Greetings guys, congrats to those who have gotten their AIP. Can you guys please list the documents you used and maybe the amount on the SOP for those of us who need the information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 07, 2020
Time2soar:

my advice submit your application now !!! IRCC states it would work with the two stages approval for those beginning fall 2020 on or before sept 15th .. it’s Gods grace for those starting winter 2021 to receive AIP as it doesn’t apply to them .

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.