Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161327 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by princejunaid(m): 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
Can luckymama let us know how she was able to do her biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olashore09: 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2020
I want to share my position and possibly get advice and opinion. I currently have admission into a college and the classes have started and I opted to start classes online, which I have on 3rs of August. I have not applied to ircc, I am just planning to do that. I have paid 50% of my tuition. I'm stuck with proof of funds. I have a lump sum and I don't want to dump it into my account once. In fact my online head ache is how to go about my pof
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nastan: 11:00pm On Aug 19, 2020
adeyemieee:
the problem I have is the bank has refused to give me CBN rate for flywire. is there any other way to get CBN rate for the payment?

Kindly visit any Ecobank and make your payment through Form A at the official rate. CBN is still allocating FX to those paying invisible items, like sch fees and medicals.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miztafrank: 11:02pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hello guys I need your advice. I applied since 12 March 2020 and I did my biometrics within same week. I only got a confirmation message and since then nothing more. I sent a mail to IRCC and they blamed it on Covid-19. I was adviced to defer my admission and link my application to online platform which I am finding it difficult. What do you advice? I need help please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 11:12pm On Aug 19, 2020
Olashore09:
I want to share my position and possibly get advice and opinion. I currently have admission into a college and the classes have started and I opted to start classes online, which I have on 3rs of August. I have not applied to ircc, I am just planning to do that. I have paid 50% of my tuition. I'm stuck with proof of funds. I have a lump sum and I don't want to dump it into my account once. In fact my online head ache is how to go about my pof
Please guys let's respond to this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 19, 2020
princejunaid:
big man she said second application she has given biometrics before

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 12:04am On Aug 20, 2020
Olashore09:

Bro’s abeg what manner of risk did you just embark on? Omo you get guts bro.. you have not even applied for SP and you have paid half of tuttion and still agreed to starting online class?, and you still trying to sort of POF issue?.. bros I take a bow sir!!!

Now you need to be more specific on what exactly you need help on bro.. if the lump sum is the issue you could say you sold a property or something and this has to come with proof to back it up, or you simple use the next 2months breaking that money in bits into your account

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fgmp12: 1:02am On Aug 20, 2020
Luckymama:
AIP update. Received AIP yesterday. From the letter I received I would feel that AIP is truly almost 70 to 80% guarantee of a positive result.

Nevertheless I still plan to defer my admission if I don’t get a complete approval before Sept 15. For me, my school will not give me a refund if I start the program and eventually do not get the study permit.

TIMELINE:
2nd application.
Date: June 27.
Biometrics already done.
Upfront medical updated to pass on the 7th of July.
AIP received on 18th of August.
Congrats Luckymama.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olashore09: 1:34am On Aug 20, 2020
No pain, no gain bro. The major problem is pof. I have a good account running and its legit. Inflow and outflow exceeding 60m for 6 months period. In fact, opening balance is 500 and closing balance is like 3k or so but it runs fine. Like car without engine. I believe if I can sort that now I'll apply for the AIP and pray. And also, ideas about how much I need to have in the account. Tuition is CAD18,449 and ive paid CAD9260 since March

Engager69:

Bro’s abeg what manner of risk did you just embark on? Omo you get guts bro.. you have not even applied for SP and you have paid half of tuttion and still agreed to starting online class?, and you still trying to sort of POF issue?.. bros I take a bow sir!!!

Now you need to be more specific on what exactly you need help on bro.. if the lump sum is the issue you could say you sold a property or something and this has to come with proof to back it up, or you simple use the next 2months breaking that money in bits into your account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BeingAkorede(m): 1:36am On Aug 20, 2020
Hello,

I've decided to share this excerpts, hoping it would guide or encourage someone else to make a bold decision as regards the pursuit of SP and travel to Canada.

Deferral or Late Arrival Document Request for International Students

Date:
August 19, 2020, 10:05 PM

International applicants can request a deferral or late arrival documents for immigration purposes if they cannot travel to Canada for the Fall 2020 term because of study permit/visa processing delays, travel restrictions, Canadian border restrictions for international students enrolled exclusively in online courses, or even travel health concerns at this time.

By completing the form at: https://forms....... you are submitting a formal request to the university to defer or late arrive. Do not complete this form until you have made your final decision not to travel to Canada for the coming Fall 2020 term.

MacEwan International has emailed you information about travel and border restrictions and is offering webinars throughout the summer to help students make a decision about coming to Canada this fall or deferring their studies in Canada to a later time.

Contact your program advisor to find out if you can study online in the Fall term before travelling to Canada and starting on-campus courses in January 2021.

We recommend you do not study classes online in Fall 2020 unless your study permit application is approved or approved-in-principle before September 7, 2020.

IMPORTANT:

Only international applicants who have accepted their offer of admission and paid their Admission Confirmation Deposit for the Fall 2020 term can make a deferral or late arrival request.

International applicants residing outside of Canada at time of application and who have requested a deferral will receive a full refund of their Admission Confirmation Deposit only if their study permit is denied. If you withdraw your application for any other reason, you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with university policy.

However, if you register in and study online courses in Fall 2020 and your study permit is later denied, any applicable refunds will apply only to your Admission Confirmation Deposit - tuition or fees will not be refunded for classes you remain registered in after the last day to add/drop (September 18, 2020) courses in the Fall term. We recommend you do not study classes online in Fall 2020 unless your study permit application is approved or approved-in-principle before September 7, 2020.

Best of luck !

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:08am On Aug 20, 2020
Luckymama:
AIP update. Received AIP yesterday. From the letter I received I would feel that AIP is truly almost 70 to 80% guarantee of a positive result.

Nevertheless I still plan to defer my admission if I don’t get a complete approval before Sept 15. For me, my school will not give me a refund if I start the program and eventually do not get the study permit.

TIMELINE:
2nd application.
Date: June 27.
Biometrics already done.
Upfront medical updated to pass on the 7th of July.
AIP received on 18th of August.
Wow, Congratulations Luckymama,
May GOD crown your effort & perfect your Stage 2 final approval phase
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 2:09am On Aug 20, 2020
Olashore09:
No pain, no gain bro. The major problem is pof. I have a good account running and its legit. Inflow and outflow exceeding 60m for 6 months period. In fact, opening balance is 500 and closing balance is like 3k or so but it runs fine. Like car without engine. I believe if I can sort that now I'll apply for the AIP and pray. And also, ideas about how much I need to have in the account. Tuition is CAD18,449 and ive paid CAD9260 since March

Bro In all honesty Na hugh risk you take so, I agree no guts no glory oo but this your risk Na him Yoruba Dey call Eruku wole de!!! Na you be the real eruku

Idea about how much you should have in your account should be tuttion balance plus living expenses. judging from your calculation that’s about N2,664,810 for tuttion balance and about 10kCAD(N2.900,000)for living expense So let’s say roughly 5.4m sire. The account with the 60m is that your personal account or a sponsors?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:17am On Aug 20, 2020
Genevach:

Good day my fellow nairalanders
Please I need an answer to this question

My sponsor is my father's best friend, he is willing to provide any thing I need for my application.
Please what are the required documents for sponsorship?
I have got bank statement, letter of sponsorship. what else do I need to show the VO that he is serious to sponsor me to Canada.thanks.
Check out the links below

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sisikemi23: 4:42am On Aug 20, 2020
Hello everyone, my caq just landed this morning and I would like to know if i can still apply for fall 2020 visa for a course starting by 2nd of September.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:44am On Aug 20, 2020
sisikemi23:
Hello everyone, my caq just landed this morning and I would like to know if i can still apply for fall 2020 visa for a course starting by 2nd of September.
yes you can apply !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by seyiki: 4:56am On Aug 20, 2020
seyiki:
Good day Sirs/ Mas. Advice needed on my wife's application.

1. She has admission for January 2021

2. She just gave birth

3. Our initial plan was for only her to apply before while the other family members join her later but with the recent delivery (just a month ago) , we felt if only her should apply it might want to raise the question of who will take care of the new babies

My question is hope it won't reduce our chances of visa approval if all the families should apply together considering the fact of home ties?
What is the beet approach to this situation ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by seyiki: 4:59am On Aug 20, 2020
[quote author=seyiki post=93013305][/quote]
Pls house I need help on this!!! Please help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mikenkem: 5:52am On Aug 20, 2020
Good day guys. You all have been doing a great job.
Please I have an inquiry. I got a correspondence Letter after I was informed that I passed my medicals. What doesn't it mean please?
Would appreciate your response. I applied in July. No AIP yet

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 6:18am On Aug 20, 2020
is this ur 1st application? if yes where did u do Biometrics? this is a letter to confirm ur Biometrics.
mikenkem:
Good day guys. You all have been doing a great job.
Please I have an inquiry. I got a correspondence Letter after I was informed that I passed my medicals. What doesn't it mean please?
Would appreciate your response. I applied in July. No AIP yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Annettevoke(f): 6:22am On Aug 20, 2020
you recive AIP here and ur other post u said no AIP yet?
mikenkem:
Good morning. Please how can I feel a webform to send an important additional documents? Forgot to attach my police clearance even though I received AIP today.

Would appreciate your help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Genevach(m): 6:31am On Aug 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Check out the links below

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

Thanks a lot, God bless.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mikenkem: 6:53am On Aug 20, 2020
Annettevoke:
you recive AIP here and ur other post u said no AIP yet?
My apologies. The question was from a colleague. I should have mentioned that. Please bear with me. I got an AIP and I am scheduled for Medicals. I have already done medicals and I sent my police clearance using the IRCC webform.
My friend wants to find out the implications of that letter. Thank you once more
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gatsbym4(m): 7:24am On Aug 20, 2020
princejunaid:

She said it's her second application
So obviously she has done biometrics before.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeyemieee: 7:31am On Aug 20, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Flywire. Their rates could be a bit on the high side but I think that's the only option you have right now.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by trvassurance: 7:32am On Aug 20, 2020
SKEPTA:

I am in the same dilemma..Did upfront medicals since july 22 but then it hasn’t been updated

Has yours been updated now?

My medicals haven't been updated to passed or anything since August 4th. I did it at IOM after I got a medical request. I don't know what could be taking so long. Has anyone experience this sort of delay before?

I even asked IOM to send me the report and I passed the lab test. Everything was normal apart from high BP. Should BP unnecessarily delay passing medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:36am On Aug 20, 2020
Genevach:

Thanks a lot, God bless.
u are welcome, Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:42am On Aug 20, 2020
trvassurance:

Has yours been updated now?

My medicals haven't been updated to passed or anything since August 4th. I did it at IOM after I got a medical request. I don't know what could be taking so long. Has anyone experience this sort of delay before?

I even asked IOM to send me the report and I passed the lab test. Everything was normal apart from high BP. Should BP unnecessarily delay passing medicals?

On a norm, it could take up to 5days or more for your status to get updated. Thus, there is no certainty on the actual date.

To your 2nd paragraph, how were u able to ask IOM to send u your medical assessment report? What detail did u forward to them?

Did u send them a mail? If yes, what e-mail address did you use for the enquiry?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by trvassurance: 7:52am On Aug 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

On a norm, it could take up to 5days or more for your status to get updated. Thus, there is no certainty on the actual date.

To your 2nd paragraph, how were u able to ask IOM to send u your medical assessment report? What detail did u forward to them?

Did u send them a mail? If yes, what e-mail address did you use for your enquiry?

Thanks

It has gone beyond 5 days already. I don't really understand again sef. I already have my AIP though but I just want to stop worrying about medicals.

IOM will send you a copy of your medical report (apart from Doctor's confidential notes) if you mail them on IOMLagosClinicalTeam@iom.int.

Do well to include the date of your assessment and the IME or UCI number in your request.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olashore09: 7:56am On Aug 20, 2020
My personal account bros. My regular savings account. I have a company account too. My company but the account no gallant

Engager69:

Bro In all honesty Na hugh risk you take so, I agree no guts no glory oo but this your risk Na him Yoruba Dey call Eruku wole de!!! Na you be the real eruku

Idea about how much you should have in your account should be tuttion balance plus living expenses. judging from your calculation that’s about N2,664,810 for tuttion balance and about 10kCAD(N2.900,000)for living expense So let’s say roughly 5.4m sire. The account with the 60m is that your personal account or a sponsors?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebeccausoro(f): 8:11am On Aug 20, 2020
Someone from India with AIP ordered his GCMS notes and found this:

Satisfied to issue 2021/12/31 - R1 + WP Meds pending

I guess this answers a few questions we may have about the AIPs.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 8:14am On Aug 20, 2020
Olashore09:
My personal account bros. My regular savings account. I have a company account too. My company but the account no gallant

If Na your normal account get good inflow and outflow then you have nothing to worry about now.. it’s your personal account that even makes it better don’t even use the company account, your savings account is healthy enough. So what exactly are you worried about bro?

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.