Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1165256 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 8:22am On Aug 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Wow, Congratulations Luckymama,
May GOD crown your effort & perfect your Stage 2 final approval phase
Thank you Lekiboboe

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 8:24am On Aug 20, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Lucky mama smiley

I am so glad that you made it.

so so so so so so happy!

Thank you NwanyiOkpa. Yours is already on the way by God’s grace.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by zill001: 8:35am On Aug 20, 2020
You can try putting the money in a fixed deposit or treasury bill and submit the bank advice along with your application. I believe IRCC will accept it as long as the invested funds are in your name and you have access to it.

Olashore09:
I want to share my position and possibly get advice and opinion. I currently have admission into a college and the classes have started and I opted to start classes online, which I have on 3rs of August. I have not applied to ircc, I am just planning to do that. I have paid 50% of my tuition. I'm stuck with proof of funds. I have a lump sum and I don't want to dump it into my account once. In fact my online head ache is how to go about my pof

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sisikemi23: 8:47am On Aug 20, 2020
Hi, i would like to know which documents i’m supposed to get from my financial sponsor. He is a family friend but has been sponsoring my education right from year one in university.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 9:19am On Aug 20, 2020
1. His bank statement for the past 2 to 6 months
2. Letter of sponsorship, consolidating his readiness to sponsor you .
3. Proof of him depositing funds into your account

sisikemi23:
Hi, i would like to know which documents i’m supposed to get from my financial sponsor. He is a family friend but has been sponsoring my education right from year one in university.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:24am On Aug 20, 2020
sisikemi23:
Also Check out the links below for more details & Documents needed from a FINANCIAL SPONSOR

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/228#75475575

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 9:31am On Aug 20, 2020
rebeccausoro:
Someone from India with AIP ordered his GCMS notes and found this:

I guess this answers a few questions we may have about the AIPs.

Please who can explain this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:33am On Aug 20, 2020
Olashore09:
I want to share my position and possibly get advice and opinion. I currently have admission into a college and the classes have started and I opted to start classes online, which I have on 3rs of August. I have not applied to ircc, I am just planning to do that. I have paid 50% of my tuition. I'm stuck with proof of funds. I have a lump sum and I don't want to dump it into my account once. In fact my online head ache is how to go about my pof

OMG!!! WTF! I think you have a slim chance to defer this admission. Since march o.. Why didnt you defer den start worrying about the pof. Even if you get the pof and apply for SP, the visa officer will ask you for an updated admission letter cos already classes in the current has already started
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:33am On Aug 20, 2020
sisikemi23:
Hello everyone, my caq just landed this morning and I would like to know if i can still apply for fall 2020 visa for a course starting by 2nd of September.

No.. Defer quickly..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 9:38am On Aug 20, 2020
Like me, I'm one of the few o

JustMellow:

Hello Rufus0705,

There are few Winter 2021 intake that were fortunate to have gotten AIP.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2020
Luckymama:

Thank you NwanyiOkpa. Yours is already on the way by God’s grace.

Amen!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:47am On Aug 20, 2020
trvassurance:

It has gone beyond 5 days already. I don't really understand again sef. I already have my AIP though but I just want to stop worrying about medicals.

IOM will send you a copy of your medical report (apart from Doctor's confidential notes) if you mail them on IOMLagosClinicalTeam@iom.int.

Do well to include the date of your assessment and the IME or UCI number in your request.
I think this is where the statement "there is no certainty on the actual date" comes in. Be hopeful, all will be well & in order soon

To ur last paragraph,
Thanks for the information, I do appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goldmia: 10:48am On Aug 20, 2020
Please, for those that have gone for medicals, have there been any update on your application asides from you passed medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:59am On Aug 20, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Lekiboboe,

Everybody is in limbo in regards to the current processing style adopted by IRCC with no exemption to the student advisors for international students.

I am not so certain on the accuracy of the predictions about the new style. I strongly doubt if IRCC would disclose such privy information to schools.

Let's just receive the advise as a speculation with a touch of fact. In my opinion, I don't really think IRCC would ask for a proof of registeration. However, its safe to always enquire from IRCC directly. Who knows the kind of response they may give.

All the best
Yes I tot as much, the information seems privy,

But
In order not be in the loosing end most esp. for economic reasons, some protocol's might just be suspended temporarily(IRCC & DLI's). Anything can happen

COVID-19 effect

Until this is confirmed true, it is a still a SPECULATION

I even thought of something,
if students (on-campus learning) who got Approval bfor March 18 for Fall 2020 are the ones allowed to come to Canada, I have a feeling most DLI's and programs would have more of Domestic Students cos the population of International students who got the Approval bfor March 18 would likely be low

Also not everyone would love this idea of Online Classes based on many factors

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adwoa816: 11:00am On Aug 20, 2020
[quote author=Goldmia post=93021813]Please, for those that have gone for medicals, have there been any update on your application asides from you passed medicals?[/quotes

Applied: 29th May,2020
Biometrics Done:16th May
Medical request: 23rd July
Medical passed: 1st August
AIP received:17th August

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goldmia: 11:11am On Aug 20, 2020
[quote author=Adwoa816 post=93022147][/quote]
Please what’s AIP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:12am On Aug 20, 2020
Goldmia:

Please what’s AIP?
Approval-In-Principle
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goldmia: 11:19am On Aug 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Approval-In-Principle
Please, where did you biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goldmia: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Approval-In-Principle

Please, which side is the AIP written?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Adwoa816: 11:50am On Aug 20, 2020
[quote author=Goldmia post=93022746]
Please, where did you biometrics?[/quo

Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:50am On Aug 20, 2020
Goldmia:

Please, which side is the AIP written?
Visit the link below for full details on AIP (Approval-In-Principle)

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/07/canada-makes-huge-changes-to-help-international-students-0715032.html/amp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jayrouce: 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hello Everyone.

Good morning.

Please note that I asked @CitImmCanada twitter handler a question and here is the response. So, it means those who actually have AIPs are those who have not submitted full documents / requirements. i.e medicals / biometrics / police report where necessary.

I hope this helps calm the nerves of those who submitted full application (those have upfront medicals / police report and biometric already on the system from previous application or done biometric before lockdown)

Anyone can ask them questions and they will respond.

We shall overcome!

Have a good day guys.

Cheers!

NB: From the image below, my question is below and the answer is the one above it from IRRCC handle.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goldmia: 12:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
[quote author=Adwoa816 post=93022147][/quote]

Congrats on passing your medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goldmia: 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2020
[quote author=Lekiboboe post=93023722]
Visit the link below for full details on AIP (Approval-In-Principle)

Thank you for the link you sent, I have read it and from what I read it means that your application has been approved and once international flight starts, you can travel to commence your studies at Canada? Please, correct me if I am wrong?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Engager69: 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2020
Just saw this on a forum no idea how true this is

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2020
News news news

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
jayrouce:
Hello Everyone.

Good morning.

Please note that I asked @CitImmCanada twitter handler a question and here is the response. So, it means those who actually have AIPs are those who have not submitted full documents / requirements. i.e medicals / biometrics / police report where necessary.

I hope this helps calm the nerves of those who submitted full application (those have upfront medicals / police report and biometric already on the system from previous application or done biometric before lockdown)

Anyone can ask them questions and they will respond.

We shall overcome!

Have a good day guys.

Cheers!

NB: From the image below, my question is below and the answer is the one above it from IRRCC handle.

This is not really accurate. I submitted a complete application. Biometrics done and even upfront medicals attached.
I still got an AIP

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by papijulah: 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
philonyx:

My application status says same, please when did you apply? Did you also attach a police certificate?

Applied 2 weeks back.. No, I didn't include police report
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
Tonyodg:
cheesy
This is good news. So that means those who have been approved may start expecting passport requests.

But the rush will be really much sha.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Aderin0la: 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
Wow finally!

Tonyodg:
News news news
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
Luckymama:

This is good news. So that means those who have been approved may start expecting passport requests.

But the rush will be really much sha.
honestly

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.