Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1173560 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SetZ(m): 10:02am On May 12, 2020
Faith243:

I have not been to Canada, infact i have never travelled out of the country before

Please did you fill out your forms your self did you process your study permit your self

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 10:03am On May 12, 2020
Justwise and few others already suggested the GCMS notes.

Just say you want to learn more about it later to help your case. Which one is get CAIP & let’s see it together
penitential:
This particular case is really of interest to me. I’ve read so many comments on this thread regarding this case but none has mentioned and advised her to request for her CAIP/GCMS file.

I think the first reason of denial is more than just what was wrote. It’s way complicated than that and only CAIP file can explain what was meant by that.

Please get your CAIP file and let’s see it together. You will def get your TRV sooner.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 10:18am On May 12, 2020
Phatkayconcept:

Hi Luckymama, I know you are one of the experienced contributors on this platform. However, I want to lend you a second person insight.

The financial aspect, remember that you are a mature applicant and you are married. I presuppose you attached your own SOA aside from the fund coming from your supposed sponsor?

I also assumed you attached your personal or family asset details to substantiate that you are financially grounded in your home country.
From the family perspective, I think your husband would have been the most suitable sponsor sponsor, but then, since he is not a sponsor, I believe you should provide evidence of his financial capability to be called upon in case you need more than budgeted. Look at it from the point of view that the VO is not fully convinced about the future intention of this third party sponsor- in that case, your husband will be the next to be accessed.

Also, I have read a comment by Frank on this platform where the VO only considered the applicant sponsors SOA (a company SOA with huge money) and refused the application even thou the applicant includes the sponsors personal statement.

I sincerely hope you get the gist

Thanks a lot for this insights. Will certainly implement when I repackage. Thanks again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Strongwind1960: 10:18am On May 12, 2020
Luckymama:
Reasons for refusal were the same generic reasons:
1. Not convinced I will leave Canada based on current employment status.
2. Not convinced I have enough funds.

Sponsor (close relative with same surname) is a business man. He has transferred the entire tuition and upkeep for the 1st year into my account since January. Supported with his business account with very healthy inflow and outflow of over 50m each month, and his personal account with over 40m balance. So I don’t know what other funds are required.

My one coin is: request for GCMS notes for your application(am glad you have done that already to understand reasons behind your denials).

Reapply and pay your full tuition for the first academic year and have sufficient funds for your living expenses maybe this time you might consider getting a domiciliary account and put your 10,000 worth of Canadian dollars there and have like 2million or more in your personal statement of account for your travels and other things, you know they appreciate it more if it is from direct sponsor that is what I feel though(open for correction) once is relative or uncle or frnd, I'll advise you to tell the person to pay the full tuition for your program and transfer other funds to you! Because they feel like the person will take his funds back once you are approved.
So it's always advisable to encourage your sponsor especially when the sponsor is uncle or
aunt or others to pay full tuition for that year not even first semester but first semester can work but full tuition is stronger in my own opinion, and carefully get a letter of sponsorship from him or her stating why he or she is funding your studies while you work on your SOP or LOE. (That is if you wish to maintain him or her as sponsor o, otherwise use your hubby as co-sponsor)
Let it be somewhat of self sponsor on your second application and while your husband stands as your co-sponsor, your relative can be paying small small money to your husband account Atleast balance of 3m in your husband account can do, he might choose to pay in one million Naira into your account for your flight or transportation, at least his own support while you can have the minimum of 2m in your personal account and show proof of the money hus transferred to you even if he has 2m left after making the transaction, no problem. They don't care if your account runs in billions you just need to be real and show a great sign or interest that your really want to attain that qualification though.

Pls back it up with prayers..

All the Best!.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 10:26am On May 12, 2020
SetZ:

Please did you fill out your forms your self did you process your study permit your self

Yes i filled out all the forms personally likewise the application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:28am On May 12, 2020
@luckymama when do you want to reapply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 10:39am On May 12, 2020
U cant even access the portal to request for an unofficial one. Even the portal is on lock down

Chimzy4real:
In this lockdown. Most schools aren't operating, your best option is to use your unofficial transcript and state why you are using it.since your school doesn't issue that then i don't know what other option you can use

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 10:42am On May 12, 2020
DearAll,

I trust you are all keeping safe.

So my appointment was rescheduled from yesterday to today, at 12 noon.

Can some one kindly give me heads up on what to expect?

Eilenora:
Thanks so much for your kind responses to my inquiries.

So I have a Skype appointment with a Fanshawe rep this morning, I am not sure I understand why I need to have this just to get admissions but from what I have read so far, I see that one has to go through an agent to process admission into their school. Is there anything I have to do to prepare for the appointment? Is it like an interview or what? Anyone with previous experience particularly those currently in Fanshawe, kindly advise on the process. I have also read that one has to pay for these appointments. At what point does this happen? The appointment is 10am this morning so it is pretty urgent biko, e joooo. Kindly assist [color=#990000][/color] kiss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oganammuo: 11:15am On May 12, 2020
Hello family,
Hope we are staying safe.
Pls the gurus in the house, advice me on this.
I applied 2nd of March pgd, May intake,
got BVL on 17th April.
Since then till date, no update.
I sent webform to know the status on 10th of May.
Now I am thinking of sending to them my deferred admission letter.

Will it serve any purpose or should I just Mello and continue to wait?

Should I send it or just stay calm?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Crystalheart: 12:04pm On May 12, 2020
@Lekiboboe can the affidavit of support be done in Nigeria while the said sponsor is in Canada?
I can scan it to him for signing...
Thanks in anticipation for your response...

Lekiboboe:

U welcome

Yes u can use two sponsor, jz make sure they write a LETTER OF Sponsorship for u and Affidavit of Supports (at the Law court)............

Visit the link above, scroll down and look for a Sample Letter of Sponsorship
https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

Hmmm..,No IDEA..
.. I will advice u throw this particular question to the forum, probably Someone can speak from experience or has an idea on this ( Can I use two sponsors? In case the two sponsors balance amount to at least$10,000, is it ideal?)

2) The tuition fee is not included in d 10K CAD, the 10kCAD is the minimum amount for living expenses alone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Crystalheart: 12:47pm On May 12, 2020
Congratulations
Jephehe:
BVL is not the end of story.

We shall all make it to the promise land.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Subbyshal(f): 12:49pm On May 12, 2020
Good afternoon Everyone,
I just got my refusal letter based on the following grounds, please help me and advice me on how to tackle the refusal reasons.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status

The documents I submitted are:
Acceptance letter from Seneca College
Statement of Results
Statement of Purpose
Birth certificate of all my siblings
Valuation of Properties
Elder sister is a citizen in Canada (her Birth Certificate)
Waec result
Transcript
NYSC PPA letter (I am finishing this May 2020)
Reference Letter from current employer (I am a finance Intern)
Land document
Letter of support from Dad (my main sponsor)
Sponsors SOA
About 25 Tenancy Agreements (since that's my Dad's main source of Income)
My passport
Police certificate
Money in just savings account is about 10.5 million naira, properties worth 306 million naira
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nicerichard05: 12:52pm On May 12, 2020
Rollyxxmv:
Hello Mr Frankrobbn1 and other gurus in the house.Forgive me if you're not mentioned.
I'm currently going gaga.

I applied first in Jan and got denied in Feb. Refusal Details being: "current employment situation and family ties in home country and in Canada"

Here's my profile:
I'm 23(24 by October) No tertiary education yet, i have an 8 year gap from end of secondary schl up till 2020.
I've been working since 2016 as an ict staff at an energy company, learning software dev. And volunteering at a local book club
SOA= 11,200usd + 13M =about 62KCaD or so, sponsor is mum, 2yr fees + living expenses= about 40KCAD and is way less than the total of what i presented so money shouldn't be an issue.
I gained adms at NBCC for a 2yr diploma in network administration for Fall 2020,
I had my sponsor write a letter too including my SOP , waec, family properties including a land Doc in my name, mum's last designation and salary increase.

I reapplied on 4th of march with all info above and added
Proof of family ties which include: Dad and mum's employment proof, my birth certificate and that of entire family,each member of family's local govt of origin cert
I also added proof of employment which include : Employment letter, confirmation letter, ID, Leave approval for duration of study from my employer and also indicated that i hv been denied bfr above.

Today i got denied for the second time and I'm sad and demoralised.

Reasons being:
travel history
Family ties in canada and home country
Current employment situation
Personal assests and status
Purpose of visit

Man y'all help me please
And also how do i get the gcsms notes

When did ur BVL drop and wen did ur denial also dropped
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by segzyndpep(m): 1:00pm On May 12, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Justwise and few others already suggested the GCMS notes.

Just say you want to learn more about it later to help your case. Which one is get CAIP & let’s see it together

Someone can not play with you?lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chalva: 1:03pm On May 12, 2020
Subbyshal:
Good afternoon Everyone,
I just got my refusal letter based on the following grounds, please help me and advice me on how to tackle the refusal reasons.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
When did u apply and when did u get bvl?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 1:04pm On May 12, 2020
grin hehehe
Na me find trouble pass
segzyndpep:

Someone can not play with you?lol

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Subbyshal(f): 1:17pm On May 12, 2020
Chalva:
When did u apply and when did u get bvl?

I applied March 26 (online route)
I didn't do Biometrics because I have been to Canada twice.
I used an agent and wasn't told if I got BVL or not, then I got refusal letter today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 1:22pm On May 12, 2020
Please is the Biometrics office opened, I sent mail and called no response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 12, 2020
It’s not
Till further notice tho
Olayinkaji:
Please is the Biometrics office opened, I sent mail and called no response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 1:31pm On May 12, 2020
Yeah i have done that. Thanks

Vokay91:

I suggest you send a mail to the school of graduate studies, tell them you haven’t been able to reach your supposed referee and you have someone who is willing and ready to fill the gap for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 1:44pm On May 12, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Sorry boss, any idea if it is opened?

No idea, as they are currently waiting for further instructions to be communicated to them by IRCC. Hopefully in the upcoming weeks (by month end or first week of june), they should start accepting biometrics and paper based applications.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Subbyshal(f): 1:50pm On May 12, 2020
Subbyshal:
Good afternoon Everyone,

residence.

Statement of Results
Statement of Purpose
Valuation of Properties
Waec result
Transcript
Land document
Sponsors SOA
My passport
Police certificate
Money in just savings account is about 10.5 million naira, properties worth 306 million naira

Please Frank, Justmellow, everybody, please advise me and I can send my SOP to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:12pm On May 12, 2020
justwise:

Please don't start this, someone just got denied and you come up with this? How much do you know about this case that you are certain that throwing up $4,000 will win the case?

Visa that cost less than $300 to apply and you want her to spend $4000 to appeal?

I was only expressing my honest matter of concern as regards the applicant's visa refusal which was as a result of an oversight error on the visa officer's discretion. The VO had wrongly alleged an indictment on the PA's application wherein the applicant has never travelled beyond the shores of her home country before.

Well, I have cases like this and applicants who find themselves in such circumstances prefer seeking for a legal support and advice before making plans to file for a re-application.

In view of the foregoing, I only gave a suggestion, I never imposed it on the applicant. Every applicant must be responsible for their application and the onus is on the applicant to decide if she can afford to hire a lawyer or pay fresh application fees by addressing the concerns raised by the VO.

I believe my post haven't contravened the section 6 of the rules and regulations governing this honourable platform.

Let's move onto the purpose why this thread was originally created. Thank you!

As always, it will end in praise

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:15pm On May 12, 2020
Subbyshal:
Good afternoon Everyone,

residence.

Statement of Results
Statement of Purpose
Valuation of Properties
Waec result
Transcript
Land document
Sponsors SOA
My passport
Police certificate

I regret to hear your study visa application was rejected. Before I could provide my assistance, can you please explain to the house where in particular did you file for your study permit application, as I can see from your refusal reasons the visa officer has concerns about your current immigration status.

What is your current immigration status in the country you applied from?

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Subbyshal(f): 2:18pm On May 12, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear your study visa application was rejected. Before I could provide my assistance, can you please explain to the house where in particular did you file for your study permit application, as I can see from your refusal reasons the visa officer has concerns about your current immigration status.

What is your current immigration status in the country you apply from?

It will end in praise

I am in Nigeria, a Nigerian and I have lived here forever.
I have gone to Canada twice 2016 and 2018 on visiting Visa ... So I don't even understand what they mean by that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 2:20pm On May 12, 2020
I think you should order a GCMS note first to know the actual concern of the officer. However, if I were to guess, I would say the main reason for denial is because of your employment status. An internship is not a full-time permanent job. It's becoming common for VOs to reject people based on financial and economic ties. If you don't earn enough income that puts you in the Nigerian middle class, they might deny you. Meaning, if you don't have a job that earns you enough income, the VO could assume you will not leave Canada because of the better economic opportunities Canada has to offer.
Essentially, it means you need to prove that you will not be interested in a Postgraduate work permit, PR or any other form of status, even though it is not illegal to have dual intent. It's just ridiculous.

Subbyshal:

Please Frank, Justmellow, everybody, please advise me and I can send my SOP to you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Subbyshal(f): 2:24pm On May 12, 2020
dommakavelli:
I think you should order a GCMS note first to know the actual concern of the officer. However, if I were to guess, I would say the main reason for denial is because of your employment status. An internship is not a full-time permanent job. It's becoming common for VOs to reject people based on financial and economic ties. If you don't earn enough income that puts you in the Nigerian middle class, they might deny you. Meaning, if you don't have a job that earns you enough income, the VO could assume you will not leave Canada because of the better economic opportunities Canada has to offer.
Essentially, it means you need to prove that you will not be interested in a Postgraduate work permit, PR or any other form of status, even though it is not illegal to have dual intent. It's just ridiculous.

I have not even finished NYSC, I will be done with NYSC this May 2020. I graduated officially 2019, I worked in an International Firm even before I started NYSC, my current PPA aligns with the course I am going for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:30pm On May 12, 2020
Oganammuo:
Hello family,
Hope we are staying safe.
Pls the gurus in the house, advice me on this.
I applied 2nd of March pgd, May intake,
got BVL on 17th April.
Since then till date, no update.
I sent webform to know the status on 10th of May.
Now I am thinking of sending to them my deferred admission letter.

Will it serve any purpose or should I just Mello and continue to wait?

Should I send it or just stay calm?

I think a decision has already been reached on your application. Nonetheless you may have to chill for a while (1 week) since you already raised a CSE two days ago.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 12, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 2:35pm On May 12, 2020
That could be a ground for refusal. More so, how is your SOP? People get dinged for Vague SOP too. Again, we can only speculate. It's the GCMS note that would give you an answer. I highly recommend you get one before you reapply.

Subbyshal:

I have not even finished NYSC, I will be done with NYSC this May 2020. I graduated officially 2019, I worked in an International Firm even before I started NYSC, my current PPA aligns with the course I am going for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 2:38pm On May 12, 2020
Subbyshal:

I am in Nigeria, a Nigerian and I have lived here forever.
I have gone to Canada twice 2016 and 2018 on visiting Visa ... So I don't even understand what they mean by that.

Another error on the Kenya Immigration Officer's (KIO) part. Applicant is applying from his home country with a Nigerian Passport. Despite that, the responsible Visa officer is not satisfied about his current immigration status in his home country. This tells how inefficient and callous these visa officers can be as they tend not to be reviewing files in its entirety.

The sad aspect of it all is that even the GCMS notes we firmly rely upon for clarity are also generic!, which leaves prospective applicants in the dark as there is no set out system/standards to follow.

Having said that, you have no option but to order for it and share the notes with the members of this thread.

On the other hand, you can address those reasons that were raised in a well articulated context and file for re-application.

Be strong and hope for the best in your next application.

It will end in praise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.