Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1170556 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Phatkayconcept: 4:18pm On May 13, 2020
cleanclean:
@Phatkayconcept

However, you could try to answer this question based on my insight.
Is your employment details, company or organization verifiable?
Answer: it's verifiable, infact my company is seconded to Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited.
The letters from the company all every necessary details.

Do you have family in Canada whom you declared or not declared?
Answer: I don't have any family or relatives in Canada.

Who is your sponsor? I supposed your sponsor is your parent or direct somebody? If so, I want you to sum up your tuition for a year, plus living expenses and others. Then factor out the total from your available cash. That way you can know if your are truly financially sustainable. Remember, if it is not a direct sponsor, you will need big money to remain in the sponsor account when your immediate needs are factored out.
Answer: My sponsor is my uncle. TUITION AND 1 YEAR BILL amounts to 8.7m. And I told you this man produced a fixed deposit of 45M with a statement of account of about 7M. And in his letter he stated that he is worth over 200M in assets.

Finally, when did you graduate, when did you get the Job?
Answer: I graduated 2014, finished service April 4th 2016. Started a low profile job in May 16, 2016. Join another Jan. 16, 2017, then Joined my latest employer in Feb. 2018 and has been with then till now.

Please, kindly advice. I am sure you have all the information now.

If there is anything you don't want to post publicly, please email me @ cleanclean27@yahoo.com

Looking at it criticallly now, it is clear that your financial outlook carries a high chunk of the rejection.
I'm not a guru actually, but I have seen from observation that these VO actually regards direct sponsors in high esteem.

In your case, I believe this uncle share the same surname with you and i also believe the soa is a personal savings account and not business accoubt. Assuming those are correct, they will consider many factors before they will consider that uncle to be a genuine sponsor for real.
Why is he sponring you?
How many dependant does he have?
How about his business when he blow all the money on you?
And finally, an asset and fixed deposit may not stand in place of raw financial sustainability, instead it may be regarded as a economic tie to home country.

I just want you to make sense of all the above and consider strengthening your own personal account or that of the sponsor.
Also, encouraging him to pay your 1 year tution while your 1year upkeep remains in your account may further help your case.

Kindly remember that I'm not a guru, I'm just providing an insight and I wish you all the luck

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kaycevit: 4:23pm On May 13, 2020
Pee2Jay9:
This is really absurd to say the least.. I have same documents like u except that I'll be sponsoring myself. Sorry about the whole wasted effort to get admission and now this.. Maybe I should look elsewhere o.. This is really discouraging

My brother..it is better to look elsewhere if u have alternatives..I was denied for insufficient tuition fund when I have paid for d program full tuition with tuition fee payment receipt attached..it s quite discouraging... Getting admission is one thing.. Getting Visa is another thing...They should come out with modalities for their visa application from Nigeria..Kenya Vo's/Robots are biased with most Applications coming from Nigeria because of our economic situation....those clamouring for gcms notes..I bet u..u may not see anything different from other gcms notes with the same generic reasons..My special thanks goes to Frank and jephehe

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:27pm On May 13, 2020
Life of a canadian applicant.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 4:52pm On May 13, 2020
Na all this refusals make me forget Canada.
The money we I go use to pay for better masters degree, I go come pay am for postgraduate certificate. Wetin be that? All on top say I wan go Canada. It is well with everyone, take heart and try again if you can. Like frank will say, it will end in praise next time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 5:15pm On May 13, 2020
Iphiegrace:
I decided to finish my birthday celebration Yesterday before addressing my issue.
So refusal dropped yesterday on my way to get myself a birthday cake.
BVL was 24th April.

Ties to home country and Canada :
no relative in canada o, never been to Canada all of us dey naija asides my sister a British citizen. I’m marrried with 2 kids not going with husband or children. How else will I prove that naija is home and Canada is a strange land to me.

Financial status and assets.
Paid first term tuition of over 8000 Canadian dollars,3 bedroom apartment ownership declaration with irrevocable power of Attorney and $20000 US fixed deposit I’m the main sponsor, my mum is giving 4 million naira co sponsor even without the co sponsor I have enough for balance and living expenses. We decided to make it stronger hence her co sponsoring.

Employment: been employed since I graduated 2010 and till date showed letter of introduction,
Payslip, employment letter. And employment letter from previous places Of work in Dubai and Nigeria

Purpose of visit: To do masters in Technology Management and Entrepreneurship because as an Optometrist we deal with a lot of instrumentation. And to succeed in that field as a business owner you need to be grounded in Technology Management, hence my interest.

There is no telling what will happen next application.

It’s well but deeply demoralizing.
First application yes but a lot of effort went into it to secure documents before the lockdown.
This platform kept my hopes high. Seeing almost everyone receiving same report is sad.

Thank you to all the contributors God bless you immensely.

Lol (to the cake story). I can bet you were eating that cake with sad thoughts.

Anyways, i believe it will end in praise. Please keep pushing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 5:22pm On May 13, 2020
Is there a "best month" to apply? Looks like everyone that received this month got rejected.. Na wa o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 5:28pm On May 13, 2020
Please is there anyone here in the university of calgary? Or that has an admission?
I have some enquiries to make.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Vokay91: 5:35pm On May 13, 2020
Faith243:
Please gurus in the house i got admission to MUN with funding, my visa application that got rejected i applied with Regina which was without funding so please i need advice if during my next application if i should use MUN or still stick to Regina.

Hi faith, your admission to MUN is for which semester and Course? I got admission to MUN but without funding though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Cflow10: 5:36pm On May 13, 2020
The number of refusals are truly scary mehn. Pray for the best for all of us ��.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 6:11pm On May 13, 2020
Faith243:
Please gurus in the house i got admission to MUN with funding, my visa application that got rejected i applied with Regina which was without funding so please i need advice if during my next application if i should use MUN or still stick to Regina.

Hi faith, how did you get funding for your MUN admission. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by creativefun: 7:03pm On May 13, 2020
My fellow nairalanders, this is no time to cry this is a time for solidarity, we have been overlooked ND treated badly, which makes me think if this is racism, because the refusal rate is so disheartening and sad. Many prospective students met the immigration requirements yet their visa were being denied, this guys have a twitter account and it's we all go and call their attention using their twitter handle, to checkmate the Kenya embassy, based on how they are handling nigeria study applicants file, if they don't want us to apply anymore they should tell us so we know, I think someone has done that already right now on twitter and I urge u guys to do the same let's call on ther attention, a robot could be deciding peoples faith who knows, calling their attention in a platform like twitter,its the easiest way to tell them how we feel, I believe after doing this their might be positive response. Because it could be the main Canada immigration embassy have no idea about this happenings

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SonofGod2000: 7:14pm On May 13, 2020
I understand jare. But, is that the reason they are doing like this?

Man, a lot of people are making money here. If you earn 2m per month in Canada, you would spend the money on tax my friend while here all things go.

See, let us bone them for now I tell you. They will sit up.

Wunaarroon69:
I agree with everything but except the bolded. If doing business is as favourable as it used to be few years ago, I would have agreed with you.

Nigeria is going down both for salary earners and business people. I fall into this category. I work with a reputable international organisation in lagos but how much is the pay? 400k per month? Students are earning that a week with part time work. Then my main source of income which is my importation business from China went left last year. Fire from no where burnt down shops with goods. What did the government do? Nothing. Till today nothing. Osibanjo just came for meeting to say sorry. I was forced to sell most of my goods at cost price because there was no space to pack them. Government could not even give up a warehouse to assist. That’s how I started pursuing Canada. Infact I applied to every country I was suggested to avoid any chances of remaining in this country. So my brother, forget matter for this business talk. Please I’m sorry if I am derailing the thread, want to pass a message to him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rollyxxmv(m): 7:30pm On May 13, 2020
Thank you mr Frank.
Another 4 years at Regina? Lol
These guys are something else tbh, Left sec schl in 2013,stated things I've done btw then and now
even stated my job description is exactly what I'm studying for in the diploma. Nawa o
Shouldn't they even be glad I'm staying for just 2years, instead of 4 which makes me liable to stay back? I really wish there was a way we could boycott these people but Nigeria makes it clearly hard for everyone hence no choice!
Anyway let's see if the gcms contains any foreign stuff, why didn't they point this particular point in the first application?and I could remember i used the same POF i printed in for a Jan application, for a re-application in march. Could that be a reason for all these? This shi* hurts but we move
Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear your study visa was rejected. Please put yourself together as this is just a stepping stone to your next Visa approval.

I have taken my time to carefully scrutinised your profile and the list of supporting documents you had submitted in the last application. I can deduce that there is no logical progressive step between your academic plan and career background. What have you been up and doing for the past 8 years? Have you attained any professional certifications in your field even though you don't have a degree yet?, why do you think that when granted the privilege to study in Canada, you will perform well in classroom assignments and projects? Given that you've vast study gaps. These are crucial points that needs to be properly explained to the visa officer's comprehension in your next visa SOP.

In light of this, I would advise that you apply for an undergraduate program preferably a bachelor's degree in an IT related discipline.

While preparing for a subsequent re-application, I would suggest that you should apply for an admission at University of Regina or University of Saskatchewan. This would increase your chances of approval.

Finally, always seek counsel from knowledgeable folks on this thread. Cheer up, I see you getting your visa the next time.

It will end in praise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 13, 2020
From what I know sir your bank statements lasts only 30 days from the date of being printed so you using it in March should have been an updated one
Rollyxxmv:
Thank you mr Frank.
Another 4 years at Regina? Lol
These guys are something else tbh, so what makes them think if i don't stay back even with my job at diploma of two years, i won't with degree of 4years.
Shouldn't they even be glad I'm staying for just 2years, instead of 4 which makes me liable to stay back? I really wish there was a way we could boycott these people but Nigeria makes it clearly hard for everyone hence no choice!
Anyway let's see if the gcms contains any foreign stuff, why didn't they point this particular point in the first application? I could remember i used the same POF i printed in Jan for a re-application in march. Could that be a reason for all these? This shi* hurts but we move

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Piecoco: 7:57pm On May 13, 2020
creativefun:
My fellow nairalanders, this is no time to cry this is a time for solidarity, we have been overlooked ND treated badly, which makes me think if this is racism, because the refusal rate is so disheartening and sad. Many prospective students met the immigration requirements yet their visa were being denied, this guys have a twitter account and it's we all go and call their attention using their twitter handle, to checkmate the Kenya embassy, based on how they are handling nigeria study applicants file, if they don't want us to apply anymore they should tell us so we know, I think someone has done that already right now on twitter and I urge u guys to do the same let's call on ther attention, a robot could be deciding peoples faith who knows, calling their attention in a platform like twitter,its the easiest way to tell them how we feel, I believe after doing this their might be positive response. Because it could be the main Canada immigration embassy have no idea about this happenings

Totally agree with you. We Can #tag the Prime minister of Canada as well, let make this go viral

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yads97: 8:02pm On May 13, 2020
Please is there any other person here who has gotten BVL but hasn’t gotten any further update till now?
Please indicate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yads97: 8:03pm On May 13, 2020
Piecoco:

Totally agree with you. We Can #tag the Prime minister of Canada as well, let make this go viral

I support this. This will go a long way.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 13, 2020
Hello I feel this is the best idea tagging the prime minister he actually replies and he is active
Piecoco:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 13, 2020
Canada study visa application is HARD!

You can do everything right and still not get it.

But for the issue of finance, all you have to do is pay full tuition or half tuition. Don't have your sponsor write bogus letter, not a lot of people care about their worth.
For employment prospects, have a job, provide your bank statement, pay stub, and a little money in your account.
For ties to Nigeria: Show business links, property, a thriving career.
For ties to Canada: Make your SOP address why you want to study in Canada, don't flaunt your links to Canada, or anywhere out of Nigeria.

My simple advice, show you are a high value individual and cover all the requirement....not the ones above, the ones on the CIC website.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maxsbez: 9:55pm On May 13, 2020
Has any paper applicant gotten updates on his/her application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ndubuisi1213(m): 10:19pm On May 13, 2020
Maxsbez:
Has any paper applicant gotten updates on his/her application
Bro, am in the same league and am not sure any paper applicant has gotten...
For now lets join others on Twitter and tag thier prime minister regarding the rate of refusal for Nigerians... Oge adiro

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Godsblessings: 10:37pm On May 13, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

You shouldn't have declared that she is enrolled in a University in Nigeria since she hasn't completed any semester yet. I think you were the one that shot yourself on the foot. Nevertheless, I am of the opinion that you should try your best to explain your current situation (inability to obtain the first semester transcripts) to the school in Canada and see if they could see reasons with you. On the other hand, while waiting for the school to respond with their decision, also apply to the University of Regina for any of the undergraduate programs that is reasonably inlight with the applicant's interest. I must tell you that Visa chances are higher with University of Regina for undergraduate studies than Winnipeg (this is something I have practicalized with few applicants).

It will end in praise
Amen , thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chimzy4real: 11:57pm On May 13, 2020
What is the name of the hashtag

ndubuisi1213:

Bro, am in the same league and am not sure any paper applicant has gotten...
For now lets join others on Twitter and tag thier prime minister regarding the rate of refusal for Nigerians... Oge adiro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.