Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,591 members, 7,827,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (502) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1176769 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 10, 2020
I have been reading the thread and at every point I wanna ask question.
Pls what’s the difference btw a one year program and a two year program.
Kindly enlighten me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gustav25: 9:49am On Nov 10, 2020
good morning to everyone here today dropping good news et all. i'm still on the search for a PGD program in social sciences in a cheap tuition school. I cant apply at New Brunswick anymore because the program i was going for has been occupied and moved to waitlist. Please make una help me .... i don search tire
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 10:28am On Nov 10, 2020
gustav25:
good morning to everyone here today dropping good news et all. i'm still on the search for a PGD program in social sciences in a cheap tuition school. I cant apply at New Brunswick anymore because the program i was going for has been occupied and moved to waitlist. Please make una help me .... i don search tire
That's the cheapest you might likely see.

I guess its cos of the cheapness that's why international srudents bombarded & exhausted the whole seats @ NBCC

Is PG. Cert in HR @ NSCC also occupied?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by em3kae88: 10:32am On Nov 10, 2020
Hello Guys,

I have over 7 years experience working as an electrical engineer in construction and I want to utilize the study-PR option to migrate to Canada but with a switch in career to supply chain management through a PGD program. I have read stories of visa denial when your course of admission does not match with your experience which is making me to develop cold feet. Please I would appreciate a candid advise on my situation and chances of getting a visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 10:33am On Nov 10, 2020
Congratulations

oma22:

Keep doing it, I did mine daily for more than a week and finally my PPR came yesterday. I believe it works, just bombard them with both webform and emails. I sent daily consecutively for more than a week. I know how exhausting it is but just keep sending
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 10:35am On Nov 10, 2020
Thank you so much for all your good words. I really appreciate you a lot. God bless you

fratermathy:
Congratulations in advance
Iceman2020
Spotlights

Start making plans to submit your passport ASAP so that once the PPR comes, you'll just print it and mail your package within hours. It appears that even those who submitted two weeks ago are yet to get feedback. The earlier you submit your passport, the better for you, especially as you'd have to wait for over two weeks to get feedback.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 10:36am On Nov 10, 2020
Wetyn I sabi. Lots of gurus that are far better than me. Please contact them so that I won't misguide you.

Aquanitavit:
hi Iceland congrats . Please am about to apply and I have all my documents already but am a bit scared of applying it all by myself can I please chat you up so you can help me review my documents and guide me in the application . I would really appreciate that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 10:38am On Nov 10, 2020
Thank you my brother. I appreciate a lot.
Omo na those Chinkos o grin

Lekiboboe:

Congratulations Iceman,

Your Golden Mail (PPR) has boarded an Airplane from Nairobi/China, expect a soft landing of the Golden Mail in your Airport

wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Iceman2020: 10:40am On Nov 10, 2020
Lucky me. Dhl office is just 10 minutes stroll from my side.

Patiently waiting for ppr

Spotlights:

You're so correct.
Thanks for the head up
Appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 10:51am On Nov 10, 2020
Please when did you apply and what's your D.L.I?
Iceman2020:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 10:52am On Nov 10, 2020
10mins right?
I do DHL in my office��

Iceman2020:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2020
Hello Akinsu,

It was designed to shorten the time taken for study permit processing but it’s not currently active.

Cheers
Akinsu:
Guys please whats this Nigeria Student Express for students and how does it work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 11:02am On Nov 10, 2020
Hello house,

Been seeing people asking for updates about those who submitted their passports.

Some have gotten their passports back and it took 1 week and a few days.

Best wishes

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 11:04am On Nov 10, 2020
Hello em3kae88,

Why supply chain management? Any work experience in the field? Any degree in the field? You need to be able to explain why you want to make the switch. Convincing reason with proof. Else, it might lead to a denial just as you have rightly read.

Best wishes
em3kae88:
Hello Guys,

I have over 7 years experience working as an electrical engineer in construction and I want to utilize the study-PR option to migrate to Canada but with a switch in career to supply chain management through a PGD program. I have read stories of visa denial when your course of admission does not match with your experience which is making me to develop cold feet. Please I would appreciate a candid advise on my situation and chances of getting a visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 11:16am On Nov 10, 2020
One’s letter of explanation has to be on point precisely showing career progression...that’s a major key like you have mentioned in your post.

Plus let’s not forget to always pray for God’s Favour. Only him can grant true success.

[quote author=Jeff5gold post=95873015][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by topacs: 11:18am On Nov 10, 2020
Why not apply for a course in ur electrical engineering path, Once u get ur visa u can change to whatever course u wish.. Don't know how it work sha, but I think it's possible...
em3kae88:
Hello Guys,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by em3kae88: 11:19am On Nov 10, 2020
Chocs:
Hello em3kae88,

Why supply chain management? Any work experience in the field? Any degree in the field? You need to be able to explain why you want to make the switch. Convincing reason with proof. Else, it might lead to a denial just as you have rightly read.

Best wishes

Thanks for your reply. I have been in construction for a long time and want to do something else with broad career opportunities. I don't have a specific experience or degree in the field but I am convinced my skills from managing large construction projects can be transferred to supply chain management. It is a tough call but what would you suggest?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 11:22am On Nov 10, 2020
They should please come and give updates so we know how it is.
Chocs:
Hello house,

Been seeing people asking for updates about those who submitted their passports.

Best wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by em3kae88: 11:22am On Nov 10, 2020
topacs:
Why not apply for a course in ur electrical engineering path, Once u get ur visa u can change to whatever course u wish.. Don't know how it work sha, but I think it's possible...

Thanks I might consider this route. Do you know anyone that have done so before? I don't want to go through masters due to cost, Is PGD after a BSC and years of experience a red flag?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2020
God bless you!

Appreciate it

adwal2020:
Hello Ayobami2001,

This is not the slip. What you attached is a Biometric validity letter.

The slip you are to mail with your passport is the long yellowish colour slip that was given to you when you did your biometric.
Attached is a sample for your info.
Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2020
Congrats man!

Iceman2020:
At last! It finally dropped exactly 2.21 am, just like a thief in the night.

Hoping to get PPR now!

God no go shame us. grin

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2020
Iceman2020:
At last! It finally dropped exactly 2.21 am, just like a thief in the night.

Hoping to get PPR now!

God no go shame us. grin

From Beijing to the world. grin cheesy

Congrats. Canada cannot let us have high BP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2020
Spotlights:
Good Morning everyone.
BVL just dropped.

PPR in a bit
Hope alive

Great. Congrats. I'm happy this thread is alive with good news again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 11:27am On Nov 10, 2020
Chocs:
Hello house,

Best wishes

Thanks for this. I've only received one mail from VFS that my passport is in transit to IRCC. I received the mail on Thursday last week. When we should start counting the 1 week and a few days? Is it after submission or when it gets to IRCC office? I haven't gotten any notification that my passport has reached the office yet. I don't know if that is normal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ayobami2001: 11:33am On Nov 10, 2020
No...it’s not. I have a Bsc in the science field and I have worked in the finance for years and I still got my application approved by God’s grace. I just needed to work well on my letter of explanation.

Put in the work and keep asking God for his wisdom. Don’t relegate God to the background through all this. You will get it!

em3kae88:

Thanks I might consider this route. Do you know anyone that have done so before? I don't want to go through masters due to cost, Is PGD after a BSC and years of experience a red flag?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:42am On Nov 10, 2020
Jayne07:
Hello house,
I am about to submit my online application for the study permit.
I was told I would need a biometrics validity letter since I have previously done biometrics in 2016 and 2017. Does anyone know how or where I can get this?

Hello Jayne07,

You don't need it, go ahead with submitting your application.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by skull4eva: 11:51am On Nov 10, 2020
Jeff5gold:
Affidavit of return.....I guess I will equally do that, I heard Canadian immigration officers always honour Affidavit from a court
Please can i get a draft of what it shud look like?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gustav25: 11:54am On Nov 10, 2020
Lekiboboe:

That's the cheapest you might likely see.

I guess its cos of the cheapness that's why international srudents bombarded & exhausted the whole seats @ NBCC

Is PG. Cert in HR @ NSCC also occupied?

Let me crosscheck it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mankind5050(m): 12:10pm On Nov 10, 2020
Sorry for the rejection.Take it as only a delay & not a denial.I will suggest you pay one year tuition and do a 10000CAD GIC to demonstrate that you actually have the funds
demiiii:
Hello Nairalanders, the GCMS note is here. Kindly help dissect and direct me on what to do.

Please Note-

I am applying alone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2020
gustav25:

Let me crosscheck it
Ok,

Apart from HR,

you can also check out PG. Cert in Public Relations (A social science program) at NSCC
https://www.nscc.ca/learning_programs/programs/PlanDescr.aspx?prg=PURE&pln=PUBRELAT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2020
Hello Jesusgirlgirl,

A 1 year course would get you a 1 year post graduation work permit(PGWP). And a 2 year course would get you 2-3 years post graduation work permit. If you are thinking of applying for PR, you need to consider the length of your PGWP. Would 1 year be enough to raise your points to the cutoff? It depends on the individual and their profile. If you already have work experience, 1 year PGWP might be enough.

Best wishes
Jesusgirlgirl:
I have been reading the thread and at every point I wanna ask question.
Pls what’s the difference btw a one year program and a two year program.
Kindly enlighten me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Raalsalghul: 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Jesusgirlgirl,

A 1 year course would get you a 1 year post graduation work permit(PGWP). And a 2 year course would get you 2-3 years post graduation work permit. If you are thinking of applying for PR, you need to consider the length of your PGWP. Would 1 year be enough to raise your points to the cutoff? It depends on the individual and their profile. If you already have work experience, 1 year PGWP might be enough.

Best wishes

Hi,

Can a former employer or family friend sponsor you?

How do you proof ties?

Your response appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.