Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161799 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2020
Fanshawe intakes zoom is live now for the next hour if interested to join in.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 4:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
Chocs:
Hello Lekiboboe,

For a foreign trained doctor to be able to practice as a medical doctor in Canada, they must fulfill the below steps.

1. His Medical degree must be recognized by Canada.

You can check the World Directory of Medical Schools
to see if his university is listed

2. Get his medical degree verified by MCC (medical council of Canada)

3. Pass the MCCQE Part I exam (medical council of Canada qualifying examination)

4. you must submit acceptable proof of postgraduate clinical medical training before applying to Part II. (12 months of continuous, paid practice)

5. Pass the MCCQE part II exam

6. After you pass the MCCQE Part II and meet all other MCC requirements, you will be awarded the Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada. The MCCQE Part II is only administered in Canada

6. To apply for a residency position, international medical graduates need to pass the National Assessment Collaboration (NAC) Examination. This exam is offered only in Canada.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Note: getting PR would not be a problem if he has the requirement as @justmellow stated, the problem is passing all these and beginning work. Many doctors go there and end up doing menial jobs (which is not going to be nice for someone who is bent of practicing medicine) He should weigh his options properly as I stated in my previous reply to you.

My advice for him is to start from the UK and if he still wants Canada he can move after a while.

if he comes as as a PR, he would be doing other jobs while doing these exams (time management won’t be easy, and he’ll need to have funds for the exams, they’re not cheap) and after he can get a job

Or he could be working elsewhere, when he needs to take the exam, he’ll come on a visa to do it. After everything, when he gets a job, he can come through work permit.

There are many possibilities.

Best wishes

What of the requirements for a graduate of nursing from a university who just finished NYSC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 4:44pm On Nov 09, 2020
Hello MadeMan01,

It depends on the province. Different provinces have different requirements. If you send me a PM, I can forward a table that summarizes the requirement for each province to you.

All the best
MadeMan01:

What of the requirements for a graduate of nursing from a university who just finished NYSC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2020
Good day All,

I did an upfront medical at IOM last week Wednesday and submitted It on Friday last week.
My account reads we are currently reviewing your medical results on IRCC website .

Does that mean IOM has forwarded the medical details to them cause it wasn’t part of the one I uploaded .

Note: Application submitted on October 4

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
silvamania:
Good day All,

I did an upfront medical at IOM last week Wednesday and submitted It on Friday last week.
My account reads we are currently reviewing your medical results on IRCC website .

Does that mean IOM has forwarded the medical details to them cause it wasn’t part of the one I uploaded .

Thank you
That means an official medical request is about to drop yesssir congrats in advance keep the house updated !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2020
Good evening All,

I just saw another Ghost update with on my account with an update on my Biometrics saying " Biometrics completed with todays date" please what does this mean? I did my biometrics on October 12.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akinsu: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2020
Guys please whats this Nigeria Student Express for students and how does it work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2020
Qudkom:

Congratulations wish you all best in Canada bro
Thanks so much Honorable Qudkom smiley

Amin !!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2020
silvamania:
Good day All,

Thank you

Hi Silvamania, IOM will also send you an sms notifying you they have sent your result to the embassy, it will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by englois: 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2020
Hello house!
I'd like to know if I can still make it for January intake if I start my student permit application now. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2020
gracevien:
Good evening house,

I am writing this with mixed feelings. I applied for a program with NBCC, paid application fee and all after which I realized that the program I applied for was a post-secondary program cause I ready have a Bsc. I immediately went on to apply for a change of course. I later realized that one of the courses to which I applied for a change was not effected, I called the international office and reported it even sent them a voice note to which they acknowledged the receipt. Now I have been offered admission on the course which I asked for a change.
I know that the chances of being rejected on The grounds of lack of academic progression is eminent.

Please gurus in the house, kindly advice and help I any way possible.

Bro or sis, I encourage you to please change your program choice. I also did the same mistake and nobody told me it was a post-secondary program, I was outrightly denied. I suggest you look for a course related to your present work experience or B.Sc course. All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
olasubomy:
Good evening All,

I just saw another Ghost update with on my account with an update on my Biometrics saying " Biometrics completed with todays date" please what does this mean? I did my biometrics on October 12.

Hi Subomi,

I also got an update on my account. Changed from “your action is required” to “submitted”
But my profile isn’t updated yet. Under biometrics, it says they have not received my biometrics.

Please anyone understands what this mean?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nutrieyesK: 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2020
Pls can I submit Expression of interest for provincial nominee program and apply for student visa?

Will EOI jeopardize my student visa application?

CIC website says an EOI is not an application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ifelajulo: 7:59pm On Nov 09, 2020
Iceman2020:
Please is there anyone here with AIP that's still expecting BVL and PPR?

Abi na only me waka come?

We are in this together, although my school has said they are not expecting International students this fall and even Fall of 2021.

See my dilemma.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by shfizle(m): 8:25pm On Nov 09, 2020
Lanrelala:
Thanks Caty. I studied Computer science, but now going for a business related course. I showed 6yrs of work experience in business field.

Bro can I have your email or number? Just a few enquiries if you don't mind
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by 1oak: 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2020
Hello All, been following this thread for a while, please my brother didn’t include the police character certificate when he applied and they haven’t asked for it yet. Please does anyone know if theres anyway he can upload this document? Online application. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bosede24: 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2020
Afrischolar1 how can we talk more about this...do you mind dropping your mail or watsap number? ..thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 9:05pm On Nov 09, 2020
Let him use the webform medium to upload it to the Nairobi office. He can send an email as well to the Nairobi visa office

1oak:
Hello All, been following this thread for a while, please my brother didn’t include the police character certificate when he applied and they haven’t asked for it yet. Please does anyone know if theres anyway he can upload this document? Online application. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
Asides that the present official processing time of 15 weeks some applications take much more time or less. There is not a clear cut pattern, nonetheless, if you are ready right now go ahead and apply . You can always defer your admission if the application takes much longer

englois:
Hello house!
I'd like to know if I can still make it for January intake if I start my student permit application now. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by uniqueam1: 9:43pm On Nov 09, 2020
Thank you very much JustMellow for your insightful response.

JustMellow:

Hello Uniqueam1,

Yes, NutrieyesK can. As stated in my previous response to the original post, the SP should be approached as an independent application and all requirements should be met including HT irrespective of the ongoing PNP application.

Each application route has different assessment criterion, which allows the VO apply discretion to reach a decision. Note that two separate VOs will be handling the application based on the requirements of the intended route. However, sensitive information would be cross-matched or verified to determine honesty.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 11:01pm On Nov 09, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Bro or sis, I encourage you to please change your program choice. I also did the same mistake and nobody told me it was a post-secondary program, I was outrightly denied. I suggest you look for a course related to your present work experience or B.Sc course. All the best

I am in this same boat... I applied for a diploma at electronics engineering at NAIT... And I have a bsc in computer science with 3 years work experience as an IT systems Administrator in a Fintech company... I am at 64days into my application and no med request yet.
All I can do is to be hopeful as I also made a strong SOP..
It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 11:15pm On Nov 09, 2020
Hello everyone,
i did my biometrics on the 5th of November and I was using an agent before i got to know of this group and now i can say i am really happy to be in this thread, I even regretted not to have written my SOP myself because my agent did all for me,
Please is there a way to check my biometrics status without my agent knowing i keep asking her and she said it will take time but I really want to keep checking things out myself too since I know some basics by going through the thread here !

It will end in praises lol.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunledavidz: 11:36pm On Nov 09, 2020
JustMellow:
Thank you so much and I am considering writing a strong SOP because I actually prefer the course and it will be of great career advancement for me, and the course is not even available in Nigeria or UK.

Thank you so much...

Hello Kunledavidz,

As it stands based on the concerns of the VO and your intent to study in Canada, you have two ways to approach the situation.

1. Restructure and/or improve on your study plan with strong and clear agrument to why the program/course choice is a likely study progression and/or career advancement.

2. Change your course to something more related to your work experience and clearly identify the ways it would improve your knowledge/skill-set and/or advance your professional career in the multifarious economic society in your home country.

You just have to point out the limitations prior before now that has been a continuous challenge in advancing your career professionally. Intimate the knowledge of the VO by given reasons why the prospect course would be remedy that can cure the shortcomings of your already attained certificate, knowledge or professional work (environment).

All he best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by afrischolars1: 11:42pm On Nov 09, 2020
Bosede24:
Afrischolar1 how can we talk more about this...do you mind dropping your mail or watsap number? ..thanks

asi.scholars@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 11:54pm On Nov 09, 2020
Chocs:
Hello MadeMan01,

It depends on the province. Different provinces have different requirements. If you send me a PM, I can forward a table that summarizes the requirement for each province to you.

All the best

Hi @Chocs,
I sent you a DM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 12:11am On Nov 10, 2020
Akannitommy:
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions.

Do we have any updates from the first and second batches of PPR recipients awaiting passport return from VFS/VACs in Nigeria (Lagos or Abuja)?

Any tips/links on what next after SP/LOI issued? Do's and Don't when planning trip? Life in Canada tips!

Anyone please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 3:17am On Nov 10, 2020
Good Morning everyone.
BVL just dropped.

PPR in a bit
Hope alive

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 3:23am On Nov 10, 2020
Iceman2020:
Please is there anyone here with AIP that's still expecting BVL and PPR?

Abi na only me waka come?

@iceman2020
I guess you'd have yours too already as I got mine

Do share with us as we expect nothing but joy in the end
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jeff5gold: 3:44am On Nov 10, 2020
[quote author=Lekiboboe post=95185370]
So sorry about ur refusal Honorable Olayinkaji

Do u av a B.SC or HND? If yes, u shouldn't av gone for a DIPLOMA, that's no Career/Academic Progression.

I know lots of people with BSC (2.1) That applied for a college program that their visas got accepted.....if u can proof the college program will be helpful to your career in your home country, you won’t be rejected
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 5:20am On Nov 10, 2020
Spotlights:
Good Morning everyone.
BVL just dropped.

PPR in a bit
Hope alive

Congratulations, you’ll likely get your PPR before the end of today or latest tomorrow, when did you apply ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 5:22am On Nov 10, 2020
Good news loading...

Spotlights:
Good Morning everyone.
BVL just dropped.

PPR in a bit
Hope alive

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pimp04: 5:58am On Nov 10, 2020
Congrats, which DLI?
Spotlights:
Good Morning everyone.
BVL just dropped.

PPR in a bit
Hope alive

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)