Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,609 members, 7,827,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (507) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1177055 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 8:56am On Nov 11, 2020
NairaLuck:
just a little advise to new applicants from October and maybe late September

Kindly exercise long patience
The PPRs you witnessed this week and last 2weeks were applications from March to August and some August and September are yet to receive an update.

It's good to anticipate but with Canada, the only way to avoid slipping into depression is taking your mind off your application going about your normal duties, engage yourselves and redirect your mind else where. The green light to most successful applications is MEDICAL REQUEST.
Even when you receive such, sometimes they still delay a lil bit before final approval, nor Let IRCC rush your application go give you NEGATIVE.

Patience is the key, Standard processing time is now 15weeks so put your mind to rest.
You may only start sending emails to the different offices on your status after the standard processing time. Again, Nor Let IRCC rush your application go give you NEGATIVE.

Constant checking won't in anyway influence the decision, once submitted, the others is between GOD, the VO and the DOCs you provided, and SOP,
however KEEP HOPE ALIVE

We will all get there
IT IS STILL OUR MONTH OF PRAISE

Another set of BVL and PPR will rain from 15th to 18th

Thanks NairaLuck, I did my biometrics a week ago now and I am anxious so much already lol, I really need this , and can I ask how long does it take to get a medical request, a friend got his medical request only just after 5 days so just asking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kelvine95: 8:58am On Nov 11, 2020
HorlarJP:

Thanks NairaLuck, I did my biometrics a week ago now and I am anxious so much already lol, I really need this , and can I ask how long does it take to get a medical request, a friend got his medical request only just after 5 days so just asking

5 days What year was that?
I don't even think IRCC have started reviewing eligibility for us that applied between first week of October and now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 9:03am On Nov 11, 2020
kelvine95:

I don't even think IRCC have started reviewing eligibility for us that applied between first week of October and now.

That was what he said, he just kept on telling me to keep checking my mail for the medical request and I only did my biometrics last week Thursday!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 9:05am On Nov 11, 2020
Almost 2 weeks
DeeWan:

Congratulations! If I may ask, when did you submit your passport to VFS for stamping?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 9:14am On Nov 11, 2020
BlegendE:
Almost 2 weeks

Okay. A friend of mine submitted at about the same period, on 28th Oct. 2020 to be precise and he is yet to hear from VFS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Elizdee: 9:17am On Nov 11, 2020
adeenzo:

Thanks for the update Elizdee, now I have someone in my timeline, please if it’s not too much of a bother can I contact you via email...
thanks

Sure, you can!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 9:25am On Nov 11, 2020
So how else do you think IRCC verifies bank statements? Banks may not be able to reveal your account balance but they can confirm a mail from IRCC asking them if so and so amount was in your account during a certain period.

Sirromey:
No bank has any right to disclose your bank statement to a third party, I called two of my friends that work in banks they said they can't do that except in cases where there is a court injunction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 9:32am On Nov 11, 2020
IRCC officials are trained. They don't need to call your bank to know the nooks and crannies of your financial situation. They are former lawyers and accountants that know so much about these compact fields. They act on their own discretion and have links with secret service and investigators in their country. They even know a lot about your country
sleekcheek:
So how else do you think IRCC verifies bank statements? Banks may not be able to reveal your account balance but they can confirm a mail from IRCC asking them if so and so amount was in your account during a certain period.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by englois: 9:39am On Nov 11, 2020
Good morning house
I'd like to know if the 10000CAD required for student permit should be in CAD or the naira equivalent? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 9:50am On Nov 11, 2020
BlegendE:

I stand to be corrected. I doubt if this information is correct. Vfs does not check your documents. Their job is to check the validity and authenticity of your passport. Please gurus, we need your input on this

Hello BlegendE,

Its known to be the Secondary Verification prior before the counterfoil is appended to the passport. It almost became 'the new norm' in 2019 before Covid-19 distabilized usual activities.

Nobody know if the style would still be effected this time round due to Covid-19. Pre-Covid-19, during the SV, passport stamping took up to a 3 weeks to 1 month (more or less). We can only find out when IRCC starts or finish doing their thing and/or when peeps start receiving their LOI or PP been returned after finalization.

All the best

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 9:54am On Nov 11, 2020
MrsFavour2020:

Thanks for the prompt, please find reply below

1) It was an online application
2) I have not even gotten medical request not to talk of passport request
3) No, only done biometrics so far

Your concerns are also mine hence my being her incase anyone has similar experience of can order help.

Thanks alot dear, please do you know what I can do?

Hello MrsFavour2020,

Go on IRCC website, create a new GcKey Online Account and link your application to the new account using your Application Number, if you have it. This will help you monitor the live updates yourself.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Longjonjoe: 9:57am On Nov 11, 2020
kelvine95:

I swear, we first week of October applicants never see shit sef, but this IRCC is funny, it’s possible. Some people get their medical req in space of days after applying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 10:00am On Nov 11, 2020
I’m sure he should have heard from them yesterday or this morning. Contact him

DeeWan:

Okay. A friend of mine submitted at about the same period, on 28th Oct. 2020 to be precise and he is yet to hear from VFS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 10:05am On Nov 11, 2020
HorlarJP:

It's possible but it's very very very rare I think I only saw 2 cases like that on this platform this year, although it was AIP dropping about 7days.

Like I said patience is the key, while some get approved within a month others take months.
I for instance my application is 84days today but we're still waiting, although I did upfront Medical.
Those very fast applications are like 3% of applicants and sometimes are not applications from Nigeria while some are from here.
Every application is different

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Siobhanle: 10:05am On Nov 11, 2020
Ircc verifies bank statements while processing your application (I’m not sure about the verification process after ppr). The verified mine, I saw it in my gcms notes. They emailed my bank (eco bank) to know if the statement came from the bank. It might not happen all the time but it does happen. I don’t think they would ask for the account balance or details outside of the period of the statement which was given to them though.

Kimkalash:
IRCC officials are trained. They don't need to call your bank to know the nooks and crannies of your financial situation. They are former lawyers and accountants that know so much about these compact fields. They act on their own discretion and have links with secret service and investigators in their country. They even know a lot about your country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Spotlights(m): 10:08am On Nov 11, 2020
Maybe you need to know.
All mails from IRCC goes to internal fraud unit in each banks headquarters to confirm ingenuity or genuineness of maybe a valid transaction.

The below GCMS note confirmed statement of account was verified twice by IRCC through FBN

sleekcheek:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 10:14am On Nov 11, 2020
Kimkalash:
Seeing that you were formerly refused, i swear you cant imagine how happy i am for you. It takes so much strength to rise from failure. I feel kinda proud that one of us has started the journey and finished it. Congratulations brother.

Please who knows a WhatsApp group or Telegram group of Nigerians living in Canada that I can join.

Or do we have such gathering on Nairaland?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:16am On Nov 11, 2020
Spotlights:
Finally!
It is here!
PPR DROPPED

It ended in praise.
@iceman2020 please confirm

Big Congratulations bro!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:21am On Nov 11, 2020
BlegendE:
Finally approved. Meaning that, VFS will send a return message soonest. �����

All Glory be TO GOD. Amen

Big Congratulations bro! This confirms there was no secondary verification for the submitted financial document(s).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sleekcheek: 10:22am On Nov 11, 2020
Thanks jare. I wonder how else trained IRCC workers will confirm bank statement if not by contacting same bank.

Siobhanle:
Ircc verifies bank statements while processing your application (I’m not sure about the verification process after ppr). The verified mine, I saw it in my gcms notes. They emailed my bank (eco bank) to know if the statement came from the bank. It might not happen all the time but it does happen. I don’t think they would ask for the account balance or details outside of the period of the statement which was given to them though.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:28am On Nov 11, 2020
Sirromey:
No bank has any right to disclose your bank statement to a third party, I called two of my friends that work in banks they said they can't do that except in cases where there is a court injunction.

Hello Sirromey,

IRCC can verify any section of the BS only on the exception of the closing/sitting balance. If the VO is concerned about the availability of the closing balancing, a request for either an updated BS or MyBankStatement ID would be sent. If the requested information/documents specified wasn't met within the specfied time, the application might tarried and/or rejected.

All the best

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 10:30am On Nov 11, 2020
Dampops:
I’m sure he should have heard from them yesterday or this morning. Contact him

I just confirmed from him. He is yet hear from VFS. They have not contacted him neither. He has been trying to reach them but their contact line is presently not connecting. Have VFS contacted you? If yes, when?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by englois: 10:31am On Nov 11, 2020
englois:
Good morning house
I'd like to know if the 10000CAD required for student permit should be in CAD or the naira equivalent? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MrsFavour2020: 10:40am On Nov 11, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello MrsFavour2020,

Go on IRCC website, create a new GcKey Online Account and link your application to the new account using your Application Number, if you have it. This will help you monitor the live updates yourself.

All the best

Alright thanks alot would try and shout out to you where need be. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:40am On Nov 11, 2020
englois:
Good morning house

In any readily available currency of convenient.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:42am On Nov 11, 2020
BlegendE:
Finally approved. Meaning that, VFS will send a return message soonest. �����

All Glory be TO GOD. Amen
Can you enlighten us on what changed and what steps you took, so as to help we previously denied candidates
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 10:43am On Nov 11, 2020
You can ask people who work in banks to confirm. That's the reason why you send a stamped bank account to them and a letter from your bank confirming you have that amount in your account. They can't reveal your bank to a third party.
sleekcheek:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by vibrant99(m): 10:44am On Nov 11, 2020
Let me quickly Come in on this ....

Northeastern University Applicant have 95% Visa approval, It is a FACT of words and experience currently i am following one closely as we Move.

It is a well coordinated institution, and has on a Branch Campus in Canada , it is a US institution, so believe me when i say it gets some form of reference.

But the problem is that it is a super expensive institution, Both in fees and in accommodation.... be aware the way the VO analyzed your account even more, because MONEY is the Basis here.

The truth is that most people apply with NORTHEASTERN university, when get to Canada, they change institution, they noticed and they clamping down.

Someone advised you make first payment , to show commitment that's a bright idea.

Most importantly , Explain the FUNDS , how it came ….now there is little or nothing to be done about it, Just pay first YEAR fees because right now it is glaring that it was funds were put in for the sole aim of the visa.

Your rejected US visa counts to your negativity anyway, but you have to keep moving and see this one through.

I wish you well.

demiiii:
Hello Nairalanders, the GCMS note is here. Kindly help dissect and direct me on what to do.

Please Note-

I am applying alone.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 10:48am On Nov 11, 2020
I concur. If they are sceptical about your statement of account they might ask for another from you but saying they will call your bank to confirm account balance is not correct.
JustMellow:

Hello Sirromey,

IRCC can verify any section of the BS only on the exception of the closing/sitting balance. If the VO is concerned about the availability of the closing balancing, a request for either an updated BS or MyBankStatement ID would be sent. If the requested information/documents specified wasn't met within the specfied time, the application might tarried and/or rejected.

All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by englois: 10:51am On Nov 11, 2020
JustMellow:

In any readily available currency of convenient.
Please, if I'm to convert the 10000cad to naira equivalent, what will it be? Don't see it as a stupid question cos I've been seeing different conversion rate and I don't know what to do. From your discretion, what amount is okay? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 10:57am On Nov 11, 2020
NairaLuck:

It's possible but it's very very very rare I think I only saw 2 cases like that on this platform this year, although it was AIP dropping about 7days.

Like I said patience is the key, while some get approved within a month others take months.
I for instance my application is 84days today but we're still waiting, although I did upfront Medical.
Those very fast applications are like 3% of applicants and sometimes are not applications from Nigeria while some are from here.
Every application is different

Okay bro, thanks!
I am anxious because I will be resuming on the 6th of January and I only just did biometrics a week ago, hops I will be able to meet up with the resumption date if everything goes well!?

(1) (2) (3) ... (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.