Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160202 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 11:05am On Nov 11, 2020
FULLY-FUNDED MASTERS & PH.D Scholarships Openings at ��CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES

1. Fully-funded (3) MSc positions in the lab of Dr Ajung Moon at McGill University, to work in the areas of human-robot interaction and ethics of artificial intelligence and machine learning.

https://www.ajungmoon.com/prospective-students#h.p_ezpQC5TTp6iI

2. Several Funded MSc/PhD position available in the lab of Dr Di Martino at the University of Calgary, Canada:- Students with a background in Civil or Biomedical Engineering can apply.

https://grad.ucalgary.ca/future-students/supervisor/elena-di-martino

3. Several funded MSc positions in the lab of Prof Christophe Dubach at McGill University, Canada:- Students will work in the area of parallel language abstractions and hardware design, applied to, or using Machine learning.

https://cdubach.bitbucket.io/openings/

4. Prof David Plant (McGill Uni.) is having open MSc positions at McGill University. Scholars interested in Fiber optic transmission systems, Optical Interconnects, Nanophotonics, Silicon photonics, and Photonic Integration are encouraged to apply

http://www.photonics.ece.mcgill.ca/Plant/dvp_people/dvplant_careers.html

5. Prof Narges Armanfard at McGill University is looking for MSc students interested in Machine Learning and its applications

http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~narman1/

6. Dr Duncan (Calgary) is seeking students with a background in engineering, biology, or medicine. Ideally with some experience in biomedical engineering. Pls submit an email with a CV, statement of interests & career goals

https://grad.ucalgary.ca/future-students/supervisor/neil-duncan

7. Funding availability for MEng Chemical Engineering, University of Western Ontario, Canada.

https://www.eng.uwo.ca/chemical/graduate/funding.html

8. Prof El-Badry (Univ of Calgary) is seeking candidates with interest and excellent skills in experimental testing and computational modelling of structures

https://grad.ucalgary.ca/future-students/supervisor/mamdouh-el-badry

9. Open MSc/Ph.D. positions available for students interested in Robot motion control and learning at the newly established lab of Dr Hsiu-Chin. Interested? Please visit

https://sites.google.com/site/hsiuchinlin/prospective-students?authuser=0

Now your plug to be successful in the above

FULL GUIDES ON HOW TO APPLY FOR MASTERS/PH.D PROGRAMS IN CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES, SECURE A SUPERVISOR AND ALSO GET POSSIBLE FUNDING (SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Elizdee: 11:12am On Nov 11, 2020
HorlarJP:

Okay bro, thanks!
I am anxious because I will be resuming on the 6th of January and I only just did biometrics a week ago, hops I will be able to meet up with the resumption date if everything goes well!?

Same here... Resumption is 6th of January and I am yet to get a response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:28am On Nov 11, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello BlegendE,

Its known to be the Secondary Verification prior before the counterfoil is appended to the passport. It almost became 'the new norm' in 2019 before Covid-19 distabilized usual activities.

Nobody know if the style would still be effected this time round due to Covid-19. Pre-Covid-19, during the SV, passport stamping took up to a 3 weeks to 1 month (more or less). We can only find out when IRCC starts or finish doing their thing and/or when peeps start receiving their LOI or PP been returned after finalization.

All the best

Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:30am On Nov 11, 2020
Kimkalash:
IRCC officials are trained. They don't need to call your bank to know the nooks and crannies of your financial situation. They are former lawyers and accountants that know so much about these compact fields. They act on their own discretion and have links with secret service and investigators in their country. They even know a lot about your country

not all IRCC officials are lawyers and accountants o. infact nobody here knows.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:34am On Nov 11, 2020
Sirromey:
You can ask people who work in banks to confirm. That's the reason why you send a stamped bank account to them and a letter from your bank confirming you have that amount in your account. They can't reveal your bank to a third party.

And you think those two documents cant be forged. thats why they call your bank to confirm.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:35am On Nov 11, 2020
englois:

Please, if I'm to convert the 10000cad to naira equivalent, what will it be? Don't see it as a stupid question cos I've been seeing different conversion rate and I don't know what to do. From your discretion, what amount is okay? Thanks

Google the equivalent in naira black market rate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 11:41am On Nov 11, 2020
Not VFS per se. IRCC ought to have sent him a message via GC key account. He should get an email notification.

Today is public holiday in Canada so VFS offices globally won’t attend to any Canada related enquiries.

DeeWan:

I just confirmed from him. He is yet hear from VFS. They have not contacted him neither. He has been trying to reach them but their contact line is presently not connecting. Have VFS contacted you? If yes, when?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 11:43am On Nov 11, 2020
I didn't say all. I meant they cover the sensitive fields and can connect dots
Anon123:

not all IRCC officials are lawyers and accountants o. infact nobody here knows.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HorlarJP: 11:44am On Nov 11, 2020
Elizdee:

Same here... Resumption is 6th of January and I am yet to get a response.

When did you do your biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 11:49am On Nov 11, 2020
Initially I used an employer's account statement. Presently, I used my father's account statement, and also salary account statement.

Dad CAC documents.
My personal Tax card for Lagos State.
I didn't include company tax clearance.
Letter of Enrollment from my University.

Olayinkaji:

Can you enlighten us on what changed and what steps you took, so as to help we previously denied candidates

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
How much was in the accounts you used . Thanks

BlegendE:

Initially I used an employer's account statement. Presently, I used my father's account statement, and also salary account statement.

Dad CAC documents.
My personal Tax card for Lagos State.
I didn't include company tax clearance.
Letter of Enrollment from my University.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Bosede24: 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hello Everyone, Good afternoon please I need unna Advise oo...I'm about to apply to university of Alberta ,Manitoba and Saskatchewan. For my (masters). If I apply this week please when will they send my admission letter....till next year? Or......? Thanks
secondly am I going to apply separately for scholarship... Or its automatic.

Thanks.. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 12:47pm On Nov 11, 2020
Dear **********

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20201030CALEFKT45936 has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO.

Regards,

VFS Global

I just received this. Abeg where is CVO?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 12:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
BlegendE:
Dear **********

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO.

Regards,

VFS Global

They've returned your passport. CVO maybe an office of VFS. Lagos VFS will contact you soon. Do edit your tracking number from the post.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Elizdee: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2020
[quote author=HorlarJP post=95921267]

When did you do your biometrics?[/quote

There was no need for biometrics because I have done it before .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2020
That is not my tracking ID. I edited it before posting grin grin grin

fratermathy:

They've returned your passport. CVO maybe an office of VFS. Lagos VFS will contact you soon. Do edit your tracking number from the post.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
Congrats. Quick question. Did you eventually send to Accra, Ghana or you waited to use any of the Nigerian VFS/VAC? When did you mail out your passport? Thanks.

BlegendE:
Dear **********

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. 20201030CALEFKT45936 has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO.

Regards,

VFS Global

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
No. I used Lagos VFS.

2 weeks ago. On. Tuesday. Ya

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DeeWan: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
BlegendE:
No. I used Lagos VFS.

2 weeks ago. On. Tuesday. Ya

Congratulations once again! My friend submitted at LAGOS VAC last two weeks and got the same e-mail from VFS today. Hopefully, VFS will get in touch on the mode of passport collection (most likely through courier).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by blcoolfemol: 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2020
I need to drop this so that posterity will judge me kindly. Apparently this is my first post on this forum and I hope it won’t be the last. I have actually being on here for more than 3 years. I have learnt a lot in this journey from how to seek for potential supervisor up to ppr. I started reading from thread 1, initially, I have so many trouble questions but each time I read all my questions would be asked by somebody and answers are easily provided. The more I get more information and the more I get questions and answers. Many thanks to those that ask irrelevant and good questions plus lots of appreciations to those that freely provided answers to all questions.
I bet you, if you take your time to read, you will easily get answers to most of your questions. Some guys in the past have done good justice such as, phemmy, thesoj, yemdog, maziude, osemigho, jynuwa etc just to mention a few. There is one guy called breadandbeans, the guy spitted some fire, I think he has long deactivated his account for the reason best known to him.
I appreciate God Almighty for absolute everything plus many thanks to frankrobben1, this guy is actually an Angel in human skin. He has a large heart and despite all the dirt thrown at him he still continue to respond to people request happily. Frank, I personally appreciate you and the advice you gave for the finance really worked a lot for me. Only God Almighty will answer all your obvious and secrete prayers.
To cut the long story short, I secure my supervisor September last year, applied to the school, Wes verified my credentials and got admission June 18, 2020 best birthday gift ever for now cos my birthday is June 19. I have earlier written my SOP before the admission letter drops and I used almost 3 months to conclude my SOP. After finishing my SOP I was super confident about my application package to the extent that I don’t even require any guru to review it for me. Each time I did not get response from IRCC, I read my SOP to encourage myself that you have done well (lol). Please don’t ask me to share with you cos I won’t but I will share some of the contents
I really sold myself very well with evidences. I introduce myself and discuss my passion for Engineering, Electronic Systems Engineering to be precise. I discuss how I became the University Scholar when I got to 200l with free tuition fee and a yearly stipend of 20k till I graduate and I attached the scholarship certificate having attained and maintaining a CGPA of 4.0 and above (God bless the then VC Prof. Hussein). I discuss my excellent skills in some computer application such as Unix and SQL, I also discuss about my knowledge of machine learning using python. I moved a step further to talk about my masters having graduated with distinction which was one of the best result of my set. Finally, I mentioned my plan upon return to my home country after my studies.
Program: PhD Electronic System Engineering
School: University of Regina
Documents submitted:
All CIC forms
SOP
Admission Letter
Funding
Personal statement of account of 4.3M (My mum gifted 4.2m which was advised by Frank)
Marriage certificate and birth certificates of my kids
Recommendation Letter of previous work
Academic Transcripts and Certificate (BSC and MSC)
Office ID card, offer letter and Pay Slips for three months.
Application Timeline
Applied: June 30th
Biometric requested: July 1st
Medical requested: July 29th
Medical passed: August 6th
AIP: August 6th
Biometric done: August 24th
BVL: November 10th
PPR: November 11th

After I received the AIP, I started losing concentration at work and my supervisor told me to endeavor to begin the program September. I tried to gather myself together and let my mind be off this Canada journey but I started making silly mistakes at work and I received my first query August 18th. I had to take a very big risk, I submitted my resignation letter giving the normal one month notice, of which I don’t know what the future holds. The following week my office started pleading that I should not go to another company and they are ready to increase my salary but I told them I got a graduate offer and I am to start by September. Luckily when I started, some opportunities started popping up waiting for me abroad.
I did not pray much on my application rather I directed my prayers to God to make life and things very easy for me when I get to Canada cos I was too sure that I will get the study permit with the information at my disposal.
My little advice:
All information you need is here all you need to do is read the previous thread you can start from part 10. Lots of secrets were revealed and try to put your mind away from it so that you won’t get hypertension please don’t be like me (lols).
I thank God my success story is shared in this part 17 before it will soon be closed now that it’s getting to the threshold.
I wish everybody all the very best in life and God bless us

Caveat: Please all the questions you need to ask me here and please don’t PM me, I may not respond. Thank you for your understanding.

Hearty Cheers.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ijeanwuli: 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2020
Good afternoon

Please how do I send my upfront medicals

I did it after submitting my application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hello guys, I just got a mail from Nairobi (I sent a webform and an email last week)... They confirmed that your DLI been on the list of covid19 readiness plan is one of the criteria's for getting PPR (it wasn't a generic mail). So if your DLI isn't on the list and you are wondering why you haven't gotten any update (especially for those of us that have AIP or Med request), this is the reason.
My fellow Fanshawe people lets be hopeful that we get on that list next week.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nyangbafa: 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hello Everyone, this group has been so helpful and has guided me in preparing for my Canadian student permit application,Thumbs to all the gurus in the house.
Please i need advice on the following issues:
My university/employer here in Nigeria is sponsoring my PhD program and has issued a sponsorship letter to that effect,
1. do you think applying alongside my spouse can affect my Visa chances ?
2. should i apply first and then invite my family later ?

if i am applying with spouse will a lump sum in my account few weeks before my application raise a red flag?

Thank you guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
HorlarJP:

Okay bro, thanks!
I am anxious because I will be resuming on the 6th of January and I only just did biometrics a week ago, hops I will be able to meet up with the resumption date if everything goes well!?

Nairaluck has really said the truth here, you just have to be patient, I myself I am over 60 days into my application and I am still waiting for med request, applications are treated at different paces. Just be hopeful, and more importantly, occupy yourself with something cos Canada would test your patience, I learnt that shit the hard way. Just take your mind off it, check in sometimes but just don't be too hung on it. Chocs and Nairaluck[i][/i] really helped me figure that out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ijeanwuli:
Good afternoon

google canadian webform.. thats how you send it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ijeanwuli:
Good afternoon

See this

Sending Webform of E-Medical Sheet (Upfront Medicals) & Sending E-medical Sheet to Nairobi office e-mail addresses
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunnmi: 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
you welcome.
no worry . just keep head high and pray. it will end in praise
MrsFavour2020:

Wokos
Yes, paid in full. Not owing a dime.
Okay, na to tie patient like wrapper be that, so help me God. Amen

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunnmi: 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
hey congratulations

quick one? are you going to Toronto? if yes, are yu wiling to rent an apartment together after quarantine?

or if there's any one going to toroto or GTA
BlegendE:
Dear **********

Regards,

VFS Global

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2020
I am going to Saskatchewan

Kunnmi:
hey congratulations

quick one? are you going to Toronto? if yes, are yu wiling to rent an apartment together after quarantine?

or if there's any one going to toroto or GTA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kunnmi: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
okay, thanks.

stay safe
BlegendE:
I am going to Saskatchewan

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by CBD20: 3:07pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hi everyone

I am about to begin my application.

I have gone through this thread and the afore ones and have a lot of the information I need. Thank you to everyone that has contributed.

But I am confused about the funding part. Can I apply self sponsored. Also, I plan to loan some of the money I will need. When is the best time to do that?

After I get admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ijeanwuli: 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2020
Thank you

Lekiboboe:

See this

Sending Webform of E-Medical Sheet (Upfront Medicals) & Sending E-medical Sheet to Nairobi office e-mail addresses
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.