Stats: 3,158,412 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (550) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1187869 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by sneagolben: 8:31am On Nov 20, 2020
Hello guys I received on my online application platform today and I don’t understand it because I submitted my bank statement along when I was submitting my application, pls I need help thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by owolabia: 8:38am On Nov 20, 2020
Pls, who's hearing from Kenya Office??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2020
ATTACHED
NairaLuck:
Please I can someone refer me to the consent form link ? Or send to via DM.
Also DHL number

Thanks alot

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 8:41am On Nov 20, 2020
Eilenora:
ATTACHED
Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Eilenora: 8:43am On Nov 20, 2020
PLEASE anyone that has recentlt submitted to Abuja do I need to fill the consent part of the form? Also awaiting your responses on completing the form. Some said fill pages 2 and 4, some said just page 2. If i am filling page 4, what part do i fill if i am submitting in a different vfs from where i did my biometrics? Pls help a sister out. I am about tp head out to dhl office[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 20, 2020
Noms11:
Unfortunately, I didnt keep the link, but I have the downloaded form. So if I have your email address, I can send you the form.
Thanks, just received it. Appreciate much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dameelee: 8:53am On Nov 20, 2020
Please can someone provide the full address of VFS lagos. The one I'll put on the envelope.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:15am On Nov 20, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Oga Frankrobbn1

Sorry, I have to bring you back to this again because I've been thinking on how to go about it.

I'm currently working at company A.

I have another company B willing to give me the job offer letter as proof of home ties to the V.O.

Will it fly if I submit my application with company A as current workplace in my C.V bearing in mind that salary payments, pension payments will reflect from them in statement of account and also also submit job letter from company B as proof of home ties: all together.

This is actually what I meant.

@Qudkom
@Chocs123
@Lekiboboe
@NaijaForeigner
@JustMellow

Your input will be appreciated.

My professional advise is that you should stick to company A since that's your current workplace and your bank statement shows monthly salary and pension payments from them. You mustn't include a reference letter from company A being that you don't want to declare your intentions of travelling abroad to them. An employment letter, promotion letter and salary bank statement is adequate to prove the genuineness of your employment with the organization. Company B can write a letter of reference stating their readiness to offer you employment upon your return home after studies and the impact your acquired knowledge and skills from Canada will be of immense benefit to their establishment.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Raalsalghul: 9:45am On Nov 20, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

My professional advise is that you should stick to company A since that's your current workplace and your bank statement shows monthly salary and pension payments from them. You mustn't include a reference letter from company A being that you don't want to declare your intentions of travelling abroad to them. An employment letter, promotion letter and salary bank statement is adequate to prove the genuineness of your employment with the organization. Company B can write a letter of reference stating their readiness to offer you employment upon your return home after studies and the impact your acquired knowledge and skills from Canada will be of immense benefit to their establishment.

It will end in praise

Thank you, this is immense.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2020
This is the Nigerian Student Express,a new program meant to facilitate faster visa application processing for Nigerian applicants.
If you wish to follow this route provide them with the mybankstatement of the last 6 or 12 months and your IELTS results as instructed
Otherwise follow the rest of the instructions stated in the letter if you want your application to follow the normal processing
sneagolben post=96239305.:
Hello guys I received on my online application platform today and I don’t understand it because I submitted my bank statement along when I was submitting my application, pls I need help thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2020
oreafe:
hi guys i just recieved my gcms notes.

please tell me what you think. I had to type it out it was refusing to paste here.

the $10000 was USD; thats about 14000 CAD

33yo married woman Nigerian woman seeking entry to Canada to obtain master’s degree in comms travel to UK in 2019, no other evidence of travel financial support: husband, 2 children under 4 yo. PA has 3 siblings, 1 in US and 2 in CDA, one of which in a SP. Proof of funds: bank statements showing consistent low balance+ large deposits. PA will obtain masters in peace studies in July, works as monitoring + evaluation associate (data quality). I am not satisfied that the course of studies is reasonable given the high cost of international study in Canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits and the applicant’s personal circumstances. Based on the information provided by the PA, I am not satisfied that based on factors such as family ties, financial establishment and relevant travel history, the applicant will be a genuine temporary resident who will depart CDA at the end of the authorized period of stay. Application refused.

The visa officer has expressed concerns about your family ties in Canada (two siblings) and a tie in the USA (1 sibling). The visa officer also mentioned about your weak travel history which doesn't count as a positive factor in the ELIGIBILITY assessment. The program you're going for (peace studies) doesn't outline any progression in your career given its limited career prospects in Nigeria after studies. There was also traces of large deposits that came into the account towards the time of your application.

Given the above concerns of the visa officer, the greatest advantage in your next application is to demonstrate that you're a bonafide student by showing that your situation has substantially changed. By so doing, you will have to include documents to support your family ties to Nigeria irrespective of the fact that you've siblings abroad (Canada and USA). In your next application, its advisable that you should apply alone and use your immediate family members (spouse and kids) as your social ties which you bank upon and must return back to reunite with them. If you have a functional family business where you're among the directors, you can include it in your application and explain the services this company renders to your customers and why its imperative for you to ensure its continued growth. Furthermore, a separate letter of explanation addressing the large deposits into the account must suffice and must be backed up with sufficient documents to prove the origin of the funds. You must also certify the visa officer that the funds presented in your application is unencumbered by debts or other obligations and that you will have full access to the funds during the pursuant period of your studies. Lastly, apply for a master's program that is directly relevant to your current employment as a monitoring + evaluation associate, this is the feasible way to prove that you're a genuine applicant who is seeking for a career advancement.

I hope this analysis is helpful in your next application.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adekolagreat(m): 9:48am On Nov 20, 2020
what time did you submit your application. Also, did you submit your IELTS result along side your application.

sneagolben:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anony113x: 9:52am On Nov 20, 2020
I submitted my passport 3 weeks ago at vfs Lagos and my ircc portal hasn't even changed to approved...what could be going on
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olayinkaji(m): 10:01am On Nov 20, 2020
MadeMan01:

I hope so.
Not heard from them yet
It will end in praise by God's grace. AMen

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 10:01am On Nov 20, 2020
Anony113x:
I submitted my passport 3 weeks ago at vfs Lagos and my ircc portal hasn't even changed to approved...what could be going on

Have you gotten counterfoil and letter of introduction?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anony113x: 10:06am On Nov 20, 2020
LordAA:

Have you gotten counterfoil and letter of introduction?
noo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 10:08am On Nov 20, 2020
Anony113x:
noo

Be patient. You'll receive it soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gbjobs1: 10:10am On Nov 20, 2020
Did you submit in person or courier?

Anony113x:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 10:14am On Nov 20, 2020
Anony113x:

Relax, it’s settled already. We’ll get ours soon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 20, 2020
olasubomy:

The gurus will know better maybe @Chocs, @Justmellow @ Frank can advise

I am inclined to think if they were not specific on the Academic you can try but let the gurus who are more experieced advise further

Yes both academic and general is acceptable since they did not specify which one, more so you are using is for visa purpose which generally requires general IELTS. You are good to go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anony113x: 10:19am On Nov 20, 2020
Ikechuqu:

Relax, it’s settled already. We’ll get ours soon
your counterfoil hasn't changed either
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anony113x: 10:20am On Nov 20, 2020
gbjobs1:
Did you submit in person or courier?

courier
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 20, 2020
owolabia:

Those guys? Their delay seems to be legendary.

I applied June 16,
Upfront medicals Sept 1,
Biometrics Sept 8,
Eligibility and Background checks still ongoing,
No AIP,
No BVL,
No update about my medical.

I've contacted them thrice in the past 1 month. They responded only once, two days ago, saying:

Good day,

In response to your email enquiry below, kindly note that this application is still under active review by our office. At the moment, we are not in a position to give a clear indication of when we anticipate finalizing this application.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Please refer to the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

We trust that this information suffices in responding to your enquiry.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 20, 2020
silvamania:

Can I submit IELTS General for this process too

Yes both academic and general are acceptable since they did not specify which one, more so you are using is for visa purpose which generally requires general IELTS. You are good to go
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 10:25am On Nov 20, 2020
Just hold on. We re on the same boat
Anony113x:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 20, 2020
Time2soar:

Yes both academic and general is acceptable since they did not specify which one, more so you are using is for visa purpose which generally requires general IELTS. You are good to go

NSE is for students, hence I'll advise he opt for IELTS Academic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 10:33am On Nov 20, 2020
Waiting for them. Mine was a paper application submitted March 12th, got AIP 16TH September, medical approved 25th.
owolabia:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 20, 2020
Sirromey:
Waiting for them. Mine was a paper application submitted March 12th, got AIP 16TH September, medical approved 25th.

It's alright, dear. Let's just keep hoping and praying!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 10:37am On Nov 20, 2020
Time2soar:

Congratulations

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 10:41am On Nov 20, 2020
Anony113x:
your counterfoil hasn't changed either

Nope
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 10:57am On Nov 20, 2020
OBANLABAMIDELE2:

What about Regina university

It's also a good choice with great prospect of getting Visa approval for undergraduate students.

It will end in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)