Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1159494 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TelegramLord(m): 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY VISA APPLICATION & VERY VITAL INFORMATION/TIPS TO TAKE NOTE OF BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION
https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/92#55179284

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/274#93325073

thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TelegramLord(m): 2:14pm On Nov 20, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Please go through this link to gather the
LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION

It will end in praise

thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Baphil: 2:17pm On Nov 20, 2020
Could you please send to baphilscomestics@gmail.com too
ero007:

Thanks, just received it. Appreciate much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 2:20pm On Nov 20, 2020
I HAVE NOT LOGGED INTO MY ONLINE ACCOUNT FOR OVER 2DAYS.

THAT IS A NEW HIGH.

LOL!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Baphil: 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2020
Please my people, I need an opinion on this abeg:

My friend got a mail from IRCC requesting:
1. Proof of finance from mybankstatement.com

2. IELTS Certificate of 6.0 or more in all sections.

Can she ask for a certificate of exemption from IELTS from her school since they did not ask for it during the application. She is going for her masters.
Can the IELTS exemption certificate suffice for IELTS certificate?

Thank you in anticipation of your responses��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bluebird13: 2:34pm On Nov 20, 2020
This happened to me several times today. I closed all the open tabs on my browser, cleared cached images and files and shut down the system. When i restarted it, i was able to login successfully. You should try it if you haven't.
Longjonjoe:
Guys, i cant log into my application o. Says 502 error for 2 days now. What could be wrong. Oct 7th Applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Amylew: 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

- You might need to enquire if its required of you to get a Supervisor (Professor) first before applying,
sequel to that, if you mail a Supervisor that has a Law Research area that aligns with yours, and he/she accepts you, there is a certainty u gonna get the admission, you might even be lucky to get Funding (Scholarship) if available

- Endeavor to check for schools, there are substantial amount of Masters of LLM programs in Canadian Universities

See the link below and do a google search on them

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Law&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Note that most Universities will require u to secure a Supervisor (Professor) before you can get a Masters Admission, sequel to that, endeavor to reach out to lots of Professors (of different schools) as much as possible, so you can widen your horizon as regards your Masters Admission and have lots of options

The link below is your plug for that

Full guides on how to apply for MASTERS/PH.D programs in Canadian Universities, Secure a Supervisor and also get possible FUNDING (SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Thank you so much for replying. I don check tire. Yes, I have indeed done the homework. I Have checked like 30 schools as at now. As i said not all of them offer law not to talk of masters in law.

Then those who do, U Toronto, U Ottawa, Queens, U Calgary ,U Alberta, U Sasken, Osgoode etc , for Law, almost all of these schools except one do not require you to get a supervisor before you apply. In fact some warn you against it. UBC and one other one just ask that you include the names of 2 or 3 whose interests align with yours. Maybe because it is Law I dunno but that's my experience.

I'm worried about my cgpa and my chances of getting admission. Though I will certainly take your advice and apply to as many as possible.
But you know say na money. I want those who have know more to tell me the non competitive schools who offer admission more.

Any lawyers in the house, bike.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kakokako: 2:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
Ableka001:

Paper application submitted on March 12th
Medical request,AIP on 10th September..
Medical passed on 23rd September.
BVL received on 27th of October no update since then..

Student for winter Jan 2021

Ahhh....

BVL since 27th October!!!
I got BVL by mail on 6th of November, and no other update since that time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gunbi: 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2020
Good day guys,

Please I need some input on this.
Which is more advisable, a return flight ticket or a one way ticket?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mayored: 2:59pm On Nov 20, 2020
Guys,
good day.

For Nigeria Student Express: is one expected to now move funds from investment accounts to the Bank account where mybankstatement will be generated, as you can only get investment certificate or letter.

And it seems people without funds up to 6mths in acct are also qualifying.

Attached is NSE info and requirements as earlier circulated online.

It will end in praise.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 3:22pm On Nov 20, 2020
Please who has been able to check for flights.

Which low cost flights are available please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2020
Bought for Ethiopian at 340k. Three stops
MOKENN:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

The possibility of a spouse getting a SOWP along side the other applying for a study visa is great provided that both couples can demonstrate to the immigration authorities of Canada that they are well established with adequate financial resources and significant ties to motivate their departure after the spouse studies in Canada. I can barely count how many applications I know that got approvals with same profile. You need to do your basic work in the application by covering every loopholes and present a solid application to be reviewed by the VO.

Let me know if you have any questions.

It will end in praise

Hi Frankrobbn1,
Its been a while.
What is the probability of getting SOWP if one finally gets study permit but did not initially state spouse's name in study permit application due to not being legally married after the application owing to bride doing NYSC.
Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Byefelicia: 3:32pm On Nov 20, 2020
who is also having issues logging into vsf portal to book Biometric appointment ... I have tried 1m times just yesterday and today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ableka001: 3:35pm On Nov 20, 2020
owolabia:

You received bvl on email or GCkey?

Email. Would that make any difference
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ableka001: 3:38pm On Nov 20, 2020
Sirromey:
Hopefully within the next week. You will get a response. As at the 27th of last month you got your BVL was your school on the covid-19 readiness list.?

Yh hopefully..
Yh my school has been on the list it’s among the first set of schools on the list by IRCC
Uregina

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ome102595: 3:41pm On Nov 20, 2020
Hello house,
How long does it take VFS to send tracking Number after they have received passport via DHL.

It's been 2days since they received my passport.

Please it's urgent.
Please I need answer from the people that have submitted their passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ableka001: 3:42pm On Nov 20, 2020
Kakokako:

Ahhh....

BVL since 27th October!!!
I got BVL by mail on 6th of November, and no other update since that time

Yh it’s all about patience!!
I also got mine by mail anyway
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 4:00pm On Nov 20, 2020
Time2soar:

Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Byefelicia: 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2020
I’ve been asking this since please can someone answer me .... Vsf biometric booking isn’t opening is it only me is happening to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 4:07pm On Nov 20, 2020
I think it's a general issue. Passport tracking is also proving difficult
Byefelicia:
I’ve been asking this since please can someone answer me .... Vsf biometric booking isn’t opening is it only me is happening to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2020
Uzomachukwu:

Count from when the application was completed, not when it was submitted. Applying for GCMS note, which will take another 2 months to arrive, isn't the way to go for now.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I've got it wrong all this time, I counted mine from the date I submitted my application online, before I applied for my GCMS. Please, what do you mean by when the application was completed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2020
If i m not mistaken, the first notification from VFS about the reception of your passport should be a mail that contains your tracking id which is same as your tracking number. Check your spam too
Ome102595:
Hello house,
How long does it take VFS to send tracking Number after they have received passport via DHL.

It's been 2days since they received my passport.

Please it's urgent.
Please I need answer from the people that have submitted their passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Olaa123: 4:21pm On Nov 20, 2020
Byefelicia:
who is also having issues logging into vsf portal to book Biometric appointment ... I have tried 1m times just yesterday and today

I am...I've tried so many times on several devices
Still trying
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2020
Anony113x:
I submitted my passport 3 weeks ago at vfs Lagos and my ircc portal hasn't even changed to approved...what could be going on

My brother

We are in the same boat ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 4:46pm On Nov 20, 2020
Three stop will be stressful, how long where the waiting hours? I saw some on kayak 1300USD-1600USD
Kimkalash:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
Long but worth it. I m flying from Toronto to my school, thats what makes it three.
Sirromey:
Three stop will be stressful, how long where the waiting hours? I saw some on kayak 1300USD-1600USD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 20, 2020
Insanity:

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I've got it wrong all this time, I counted mine from the date I submitted my application online, before I applied for my GCMS. Please, what do you mean by when the application was completed?

An application is complete only when the applicant has done their biometrics, medical, and submitted all the required documents. According to IRCC, it's only then that the given processing time starts counting.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2020
thanks.
Kimkalash:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MOKENN: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2020
check KLM
Sirromey:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ikechuqu: 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2020
MOKENN:

Use Wakanow, saw Ethiopian for around 290k to Toronto today(1 stop) .... fares depend on your destination and date of travel though

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)