Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160975 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2020
Congrats to them. Hopefully they will get it this week
Oliadeo7:

3 of my siblings got approved same day On this said date and they all applied through paper route but their passport is still with vfs when I tracked it.

I believe there’s hope for paper applicants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
foje:
God will bless u abundantly, so u mean I should go ahead and book for this. Ok wont they ask for any document from CIC stating that i need to do medicals or I can just walk in there and tell them this is what I want to use it for? Also from experience how soon will CIC likely call for medicals for someone who just completed biometrics stage?

Amen!!

Its either you wait for Medical Request or you do Upfront Medicals, the Choice is yours

- some people even do Upfront Medicals before submitting their Application,
- some Submit their Application and wait for Medical Request,
- Some after waiting for a long time without getting Medical Request do decide to go for Upfront Medicals so IRCC can expedite their application process

CIC request for medicals at their own discretion, there is no timeframe for when they send medical request after doing Biometrics, it can take days,Weeks or Months. (NO TWO APPLICATION IS SAME)

If you get a medical request, and u go for the
medicals, u are not to send anything via Webform or Mail to IRCC, its the Clinic that's gonna do all of that, though I am not that familiar with the process of someone who did medicals via GETTING A MEDICAL REQUEST

If u are to go for an Upfront medicals, you are only to go there with ur INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT,
I also heard here in the forum that one also needs to go with his/her medical reports if one has an Health Issue, you might need to confirm that from the house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dare4ema: 12:14pm On Dec 01, 2020
I have sent my documents and that of my family since Nov 6. I just got off a call with vfs lekki and was told thay have not received any stamped passport for permanent residence since Nov 2. I dont even know what to believe angry angry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goodbetterbest: 12:17pm On Dec 01, 2020
Yours was a family application? Or you applied with just kids? Can you share your timeline and documents you submitted if that's okay with you

dare4ema:
I have sent my documents and that of my family since Nov 6. I just got off a call with vfs lekki and was told thay have not received any stamped passport for permanent residence since Nov 2. I dont even know what to believe angry angry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2020
Kimkalash:
Long but worth it. I m flying from Toronto to my school, thats what makes it three.

When is your flight. Mine is 26th. I am trying to move it to 25th because of a two day layover in Addis Ababa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:24pm On Dec 01, 2020
fratermathy:

Something unusual happened with all the new counterfoil approvals. The VFS status didn't change to 'being processed'. I don't know why it is so but you shouldn't rely on that VFS status at this point. Do well to call them (call them with a Glo number to eradicate number not allocated message and then continue calling even if you get number busy).

Normally, since you've gotten the LOI and counterfoil, your passport should be returned to VFS before the end of today or at most tomorrow.
Alright now, we go dey anticipate cool

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2020
silvamania:
Eligibility review has started oo

October 4th Apllicant ——NSE Stream

I pray for the favour of the almighty God on mine application and all others still waiting for positive news from IRCC

Congrats in advance, BVL & PPR loading for you, wish you success.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by xprimate(m): 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2020
Good day happy people.
Please I submitted my application since October 15th, and no medical request yet.
Do I need to start preparing for ielts this one everybody is receiving NSE, it is quite confusing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2020
silvamania:
Eligibility review has started oo

October 4th Apllicant ——NSE Stream

I pray for the favour of the almighty God on mine application and all others still waiting for positive news from IRCC
Did u submit the NSE requirements?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 12:46pm On Dec 01, 2020
fratermathy:

Call...
Press 1
Wait for 2 mins, 20 secs (you can't escape this)
Press 1 again and then press 2.

Thanks alot, it worked, I got the tracking number it's in the embassy being processed.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
olasubomy:

Congrats in advance, BVL & PPR loading for you, wish you success.

Thanks boss

OtunbaTee:

Did u submit the NSE requirements?

Yes i have done IELTS and submitted one year of my bankstatement

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
evergold:

I booked Airbnb for 1105 CAD for 18 days. I used my USD card
That's Expensive, I thought the ones I saw for $20 and $25 per night was expensive sef

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2020
Olayinkaji:

Congratulations Bro
Thanks Honorable
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2020
adeenzo:
I just want to be sure, most people that are getting NSE application route from IRCC you guys are from October upwards applicants right??
Is there any September or august applicant that also received the NSE email from IRCC??
Please does anybody have any facts as to the aforementioned statement above?
Is it just from October applicants downwards that received NSE request?
Any September or august applicant receive NSE request from IRCC??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Kimkalash: 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2020
I dont know if it's LOI o but a correspondence letter has dropped and i got two mails from do not reply. Nothing from VFS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2020
It is the LOI, my friend received two emails and a correspondence letter similar to mine too

Kimkalash:
I dont know if it's LOI o but a correspondence letter has dropped and i got two mails from do not reply. Nothing from VFS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2020
Yes bro. That's your LOI. Same here VFS has not contacted me and my tracking status still says passport sent to Lagos Visa Office on 16th November

Kimkalash:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by AyoitsMub(m): 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2020
Bohye84:
Good day guys,
Please does anyone has someone in University of Manitoba, and does anyone know if UM do collect school fees before travelling or before receiving scholarships

If you mean paying upfront tuition, you don't need to know anybody. I believe there are two options; GlobalPay and PayMyTuition for payments from outside Canada. Just ensure to follow the procedures as written on the site.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kristalfoods(f): 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2020
@Fratermathy

Many thanks for your kind response. Point duly noted.

Thank you

quote author=fratermathy post=96603347]

You can arrive Canada 3-4 weeks before the start of program. If you arrive earlier, you may be turned back and that is a problematic thing as TRV may be revoked if care is not taken. If you're lucky (as many have been in the past), you can be allowed in but it's a risk. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by kristalfoods(f): 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
@Justmellow,

Many thanks for your kind response always. All points stated, duly noted for necessary thoughts.
Thank you

quote author=JustMellow post=96607248]

Hello Kristalfoods,

Orientation is a crucial aspect of Canadian learning/academic process. The VOs & CBSA understands this.

With this as a cogent reason, you can either travel before the August 10th or September 9th. If the former is what suits you best, ensure to be able to prove that you can sustain financially before class resumption on September 9th.

After fulfilling all landing formalities at the POE, you will receive your SIN. If the funding depends on your physical presence and haven't been approved or filed your application, you may need to apply for a visit visa or as the case may be.

N.B: at the POE, the CBSA agents reserves the right to deny you entry irrespective of youe claims but they are often very lenient if there is a tangible reason for early arrive. So, prepare and play accordingly.

All the best[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by BlegendE: 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2020
Is SAIT university a good one?.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2020
Guys what's the black market rate for CAD?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ayoadefantastic: 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2020
Hello people, please kindly help provide clarity. I am doing this SP application for my fiancee but apparently
process is completely diff from 2018 when I did mine. I am currently in Canada.
Shes coming for PhD, her application was denied in Sept. We applied again. And today we got this email that she should provide
1. Proof of Financial Support: Proof of Financial Support A mybankStatement certificate
showing sufficient funds for your studies for at least 6 months and 12 months of banking history. This
certificate can be obtained at https://www.visa-mybankstatement.com/ This must be received at this office
by: 2021/01/01
2. Proof of IELTS test results:
Meanwhile she recieved funding of 27k from AAFC for her studies and I had thought this should suffice, apparently it doesnt.
She doesnt have a job as she just finished MSc abroad and returned to Nigeria a few months ago.
Sorry for the too much story but my question is; can she use a sponsor now (uncle etc..) since she didnt include this in the original application, sufficientfunds for 6months is that something like 6kcad enough? Also in this application we added a financial statement from CIBC bank where she deposited 3.5kcad. And does this new development suggest something positive about the application?
Please advise.
Thank you very much.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Oliadeo7: 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2020
Tonyodg2:
technically yes if you can cover all reasons to not be denied yes
Honestly this Canadian visa is all about grace and luck so just do your part in putting in a splendid application and give them reasons not to deny you
Best regards

You’re right.......No application is perfect.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by foje: 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2020
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Would proceed
Lekiboboe:

Amen!!

Its either you wait for Medical Request or you do Upfront Medicals, the Choice is yours

- some people even do Upfront Medicals before submitting their Application,
- some Submit their Application and wait for Medical Request,
- Some after waiting for a long time without getting Medical Request do decide to go for Upfront Medicals so IRCC can expedite their application process

CIC request for medicals at their own discretion, there is no timeframe for when they send medical request after doing Biometrics, it can take days,Weeks or Months. (NO TWO APPLICATION IS SAME)

If you get a medical request, and u go for the
medicals, u are not to send anything via Webform or Mail to IRCC, its the Clinic that's gonna do all of that, though I am not that familiar with the process of someone who did medicals via GETTING A MEDICAL REQUEST

If u are to go for an Upfront medicals, you are only to go there with ur INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT,
I also heard here in the forum that one also needs to go with his/her medical reports if one has an Health Issue, you might need to confirm that from the house

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzWendy: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2020
Hello good people. I am new here.
* I’m a graduate of Mass Communication with a GP of 3.48 (Graduated 4 years ago and done serving as well)
* I decided to switch career path towards HR after service year. I’m done with CIPM and I have also been inducted, certified & issued a license to fully practice HR in Nigeria.
* Within these 4 years, I’ve had work experience in Customer service and Human Resource/Admin.
* I intend traveling to Canada to obtain a Masters degree in Human Resource Management

Please I need assistance and my questions are as follows;
1. Is there a Canadian University that would accept my GP for masters.
2. If yes, can I get a link to see them? If No, what’s the next step for my GP to be boosted?
3. I’m new here, if someone can share details of due process to follow, I’ll really appreciate.
4. Do I need to write IELTS?
5. Will I be allowed to work while studying?
6. Are there Schools offerings scholarships to non-Canadians?

Please I will appreciate all responses because I’m hopeful that I’ll be in Canada by Fall (September 2021)

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2020
BlegendE:
Is SAIT university a good one?.
Yes yes yes... it’s a polytechnic actually but damn it’s a very good school, I have visited both NAIT and SAIT, although NAIT is slightly cheaper cos it’s in Edmonton while SAIT is in Calgary, all the same they are top institutions.
I am actually going to NAIT this winter.
The hands on practicality experience is awesome.
I highly recommend the school.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2020
Dameelee:
Good morning people
Please do I have to print out a new statement of account when I want to travel to sure POF?
If yes, can I print it out now because I want to change some money. Or I can print it even after taking out the money I want to change?

Yes you need to print out a new statement of account.
Yes you can print it out before you change money.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 2:00pm On Dec 01, 2020
VFS Global

Dear XXXX,

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXX has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre,Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos on 12/1/2020 11:47:39 AM. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Regards,

VFS Global

Please does this mean the courier has picked it up ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 2:10pm On Dec 01, 2020
Kimkalash:
I just got counterfoil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My phone too just broke so guys i ll reach out soonest. On my way to Ikeja to get it repaired
congrats

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
Most likely. Did you use a 2-way courier?

Dora14:
VFS Global

Dear XXXX,

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. XXXXX has been collected from the Canada Visa Application Centre,Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos on 12/1/2020 11:47:39 AM. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Regards,

VFS Global

Please does this mean the courier has picked it up ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)