Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (624) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160726 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 10:44am On Dec 02, 2020
Fellow Concordian, how far?

Blavkmaann:

Dora I sent a message, please reply, I need to know how to get my ups tracking ID

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bale98(f): 10:47am On Dec 02, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Someone that submitted October 19th received o .we early October never received anything o. ..got only NSE, mind you, he didn't even submit the nse requirements. .

So no two applications are the same, know this and know peace!

Yh I know no two application is the same, I also submitted Oct 7th, did not get NSE but I saw it yesterday that they started reviewing my eligibility so I just wanted to know the time frame that may take from the the earliest period to the Longest time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goodbetterbest: 10:55am On Dec 02, 2020
It took months to see eligibility review started too. Upfront medicals passed last week

bale98:
Good morning house, please for those that saw eligibility review on their Gckey please how long did it take before you heard another update? It took two months before I heard about eligibility review, I just want to know how long I would have to wait again because I already went ahead to book upfront medical for next week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bale98(f): 11:04am On Dec 02, 2020
Goodbetterbest:
It took months to see eligibility review started too. Upfront medicals passed last week

was it yesterday you saw yours too?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Bro it was stated in the refusal letter. That he is not convinced I'll come back to Nigeria be cos of my ties in Canada, although I applied with my wife, now I'm applying alone.

That’s crazy and unfair then. Sigh, may God help us sha

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 11:19am On Dec 02, 2020
Akannitommy:

I called them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 11:20am On Dec 02, 2020
Come nobody dey go Alberta ni, nawa oo, Calgary or Edmonton grin grin... everybody na Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 11:26am On Dec 02, 2020
Please is there anyone going to MUN and has registered using the arrival form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Higher123: 11:42am On Dec 02, 2020
UBCcookies:
Please if there's any WhatsApp group already created for students going to BC province, the person should add us. Abeg

There is a whatsapp group for those going to UBC.
https:///LCoVvYdxJIo6asF0COrW32
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by oyinlove15: 12:03pm On Dec 02, 2020
I am an Oct 30th applicant, I just saw that they have updated my profile to we are reviewing eligibility, I did not get nse letter thou I submitted my bank statement for my personal account but couldn't for my sponsor, I also submitted ielts result cos I had it since last year. I don't even know how to feel cos this is my second application. I collected my sponsors own today for my bank statement please how do I send webform. I don't have upfront medical o.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2020
yeankux:
@ Frankrobbn1

please is Advance Biotechnology a post graduate certificate program,

i did microbiology for my HND and science laboratory technology for ND, although i had a different work experience as a data analyst, i have already been given admission for Advance Biotechnology 3622 in centennial college, will it be a concern for when applying for study visa even though it a 2 year course

Biotechnology - Advanced Fast Track - Optional Co-OP at Centennial College is not a Post Graduate Diploma program. However, the requirement for admission is similar to a PGD. I don't believe it should be an issue in your visa application if you're able to explain your reasons for opting for the program and list out some of the courses you did during your undergraduate studies that are relevant to your choice of program. Your short and long term goals after studies.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 12:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
Obynne1:
@pee2jay9 @frankrobbn1 & others plz help

Please I received a Letter requesting for my bank statement and ielts result on or before 30days from the day of the receipt. My questions are;

1. How much is required to be in the acct before submission when the person has already paid the complete sch fees?

2. Must it be the applicants acct statement or any relatives?

3. Failure to submit the ielts result and my bank statement, will it affect the application processing?

4. Can I resubmit the same acct statement(proof of funds) I submitted when applying?

Please help me, I'm really anxious

See my responses below;

1. The requirement for the NSE program is that you must have 30KCAD which is equivalent to 9.1M in Naira. You have to show evidence of this money by providing a MyBank Statement with ticket ID and password from a commercial bank in Nigeria as well as a one year bank history.

2. The Mybank Statement can be generated from either in your Sponsor's name or applicant's name.

3. There are no penalties for non-compliance. Failure to submit the required documents for the NSE program, your application will continue to be processed in the regular processing manner.

4. You need to provide an updated POF, which will be dated recently.

I hope this information helps.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
Can someone explain this Mybankstatement to me please!! They only sent ticket number and passcode to my dad. Is this what we're meant to submit?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 12:36pm On Dec 02, 2020
bale98:

Yh I know no two application is the same, I also submitted Oct 7th, did not get NSE but I saw it yesterday that they started reviewing my eligibility so I just wanted to know the time frame that may take from the the earliest period to the Longest time.

Has your medical been passed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
recxa:
Can someone explain this Mybankstatement to me please!! They only sent ticket number and passcode to my dad. Is this what we're meant to submit?

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bale98(f): 12:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
MadeMan01:

Has your medical been passed?
I haven't even done medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Babhydoll: 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=96653237]

Advanced biotechnology (fast track) in centennial college. Depending on your previous qualification it would be used to determine whether it’s a normal diploma certificate or a post graduate diploma certificate. For example if you’ve a Bsc already then you’ll get a PGD and if it’s after a high school grade you get a post secondary diploma. Got this information from someone who attended centennial studying advanced biotechnology

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by recxa: 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2020
silvamania:

Yes

When we used gtb word mobile app, we clicked on send to third party and destination GTB? Were we meant to click Send to embassy and Destination Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2020
Akannitommy:

My nigga!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by iampaulsmith(m): 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2020
When did you apply and when did you do your medical exam?
Goodbetterbest:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by iampaulsmith(m): 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
Calgary dey here o. Na so so Ontario full this thread. University of Calgary, what about you?
adeenzo:
Come nobody dey go Alberta ni, nawa oo, Calgary or Edmonton grin grin... everybody na Ontario

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
Those who have paid and are waiting for VFS to return their passports, any update? The silence is deafening. 3 days to scheduled flight. Exactly one month since I submitted my passport.

I called them earlier and they didn't give anything useful apart from their "we are working on it" rubbish.

FYI: I discovered another number to reach VFS Lagos- 08150188800

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
Faith243:
Please aside from the condo you paid for, do you have an idea if i can get a cheap accommodation. Please did you also fill arrival form for MUN

I think you have to use the school's accomodation. That is what I was told anyway. I have filled the form already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
Dora14:

Thursday, what does this email mean

You'll get your passport today I guess. Have you tracked it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nyenyenwq(m): 1:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
Please someone is tensed already oh. I submitted my passport to vfs via DHL on the 10th of November and up till now I have not gotten any tracking ID number. On the 28th November, I got my counterfoil and LOI in my GC key. I have been wondering why vfs would have only one contact number cos you hardly reach them in phone, same with their web chat. Please oh who else is in my shoe?. What other option do I check or what line of action do I take abeg?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by UBCcookies: 1:28pm On Dec 02, 2020
Your profile doesn't show any conversation about this matter. This is your first comment here sef. Please can anybody confirm the WhatsApp group? Nor vex I no dey carry join group.

Higher123:

There is a whatsapp group for those going to UBC.
https:///LCoVvYdxJIo6asF0COrW32

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gunbi: 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2020
Please do we need to present new proof of funds/bank statements when we land in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by UBCcookies: 1:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
I haven't even booked mine. But next week is too close for me.
Dora14:

I’m interested, who is traveling next week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dame24: 1:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
rebecausoro:
Those who have paid and are waiting for VFS to return their passports, any update? The silence is deafening. 3 days to scheduled flight. Exactly one month since I submitted my passport.

I called them earlier and they didn't give anything useful apart from their "we are working on it" rubbish.

No update o, I’ve not been able to reach them on phone. It’s so frustrating
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dee4Doyinsola: 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
@Blavkmaann
Please have you received the VFS mail that will direct you to pay? If yes, please when did they send it? I got LOI a day after yours and whenever I call VFS they say my document is still at the embassy.
Blavkmaann:

Dora I sent a message, please reply, I need to know how to get my ups tracking ID
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 1:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
Dee4Doyinsola:
@Blavkmaann
Please have you received the VFS mail that will direct you to pay? If yes, please when did they send it? I got LOI a day after yours and whenever I call VFS they say my document is still at the embassy.

VFs sent one mail yesterday that my passport was ready, then after like 30 mins they sent another mail saying I should pay 11310, and fill one concent form

But I already filled the form anD paid on Sunday that’s like 3 days ago, so I just resent the mail!

PLEASE THOSE OF US THA HAVE COLLECTED THEIR PASSPORT BACK FROM VFD LAOS THRU UPS HOW WAS IT ABEG?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 1:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
rebecausoro:

I disturbed them ehh

They finally gave me my UPS tracking number and my passport is w UPS and would be delivered tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) ... (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.