Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1165319 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by hurricanesgrace: 11:59pm On Dec 06, 2020
Good evening all
Please I need an assistance.
I had applied 4 times before for study permit and I was refused and the reason they gave was on financial ground, homes ties and travel history respectively and my sponsor was my elder brother.
I want to reapplying and am thinking of doing the self sponsor as I work and have a business that is doing well.
Please I need opinions and suggestions on the documents to submit that will increase my chances.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by West0099: 12:00am On Dec 07, 2020
Kevinsun:
please if you see the person wey do dey Manitoba please let me know

I’m going to manitoba gee did my biometric nov 27 waiting for medicals

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by West0099: 12:01am On Dec 07, 2020
Uriel12:

Manitoba

Same here manitoba/UM pls when will u be traveling

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 12:20am On Dec 07, 2020
Well said @ Chukwubuikexo. Also, the processing time is usually updated weekly on Tuesdays but I don't think they necessarily follow it. Best thing is to pray for prompt processing.

Chukwubuikexo:
15 weeks, someone posted a pic showing it has changed to 31 weeks, there is still the NSE program that takes 20 days processing time.

Affidavit of return makes your application stronger but it isn't compulsory

You have to list the documents you submitted for the initial refusal and your profile, so you can be assisted with what to include this time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by davo99: 12:29am On Dec 07, 2020
When this happens, close the laptop/phone tab and clear your browser cache, this typically solves the problem. Only time this won't work is when IRCC is carrying out maintenance on their site, and they always notify the public via their Twitter account (https://twitter.com/CitImmCanada)
awys:
Good morning I submitted my application on October 12th but nothing has started,no eligibility review has started and I logged into my account this morning and saw Application/profile updated but can't read the Application status it keeps bringing up bad gateway error 502 is it that they have stated review or it's their normal system upgrade can't read the Application status ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:01am On Dec 07, 2020
Hello,

Have you requested for a gcms notes for your refusals? If you haven’t, you should. That’s the first step. When you see the visa officer’s concern about your application, you can fix them and then reapply. Otherwise, you might keep getting rejections.

Best wishes
hurricanesgrace:
Good evening all
Please I need an assistance.
I had applied 4 times before for study permit and I was refused and the reason they gave was on financial ground, homes ties and travel history respectively and my sponsor was my elder brother.
I want to reapplying and am thinking of doing the self sponsor as I work and have a business that is doing well.
Please I need opinions and suggestions on the documents to submit that will increase my chances.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:54am On Dec 07, 2020
No, advanced diploma is lower than a post graduate diploma. If you already have a degree, you should go for a post graduate diploma.

Best wishes
Mozidat2301:
Is advanced diploma same as post graduate diploma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 2:41am On Dec 07, 2020
I dont even know how i feel right now but i must give thanks to God first and to the gurus in the house whose advise one way or the other helped me.

I just got PPR

Oct 4th Applicant.

May God almighty favour everyone expecting soonest.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MzMisty: 3:00am On Dec 07, 2020
olasubomy:
I dont even know how i feel right now but i must give thanks to God first and to the gurus in the house whose advise one way or the other helped me.

I just got PPR

Oct 4th Applicant.

Congratulations Subomi.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by davo99: 3:40am On Dec 07, 2020
Yaaayy.. Turn upppp.. Congrats Olasubomy. .. More wins to come.
olasubomy:

I just got PPR

Oct 4th Applicant.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 4:15am On Dec 07, 2020
davo99:
Yaaayy.. Turn upppp.. Congrats Olasubomy. .. More wins to come.

Thank you bro, appreciated.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Goodbetterbest: 4:23am On Dec 07, 2020
olasubomy:

I just got PPR

Oct 4th Applicant.

Congratulations!!!!! Did you get the request or submit NSE documents?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adekolagreat(m): 4:28am On Dec 07, 2020
Please did you go through the NSE route. If yes when did you get the letter and when did you submit your documents. Also did you do an upward medical and when was it passed.

Congratulations, I wish you all the best.

olasubomy:

I just got PPR

Oct 4th Applicant.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 4:34am On Dec 07, 2020
Goodbetterbest:

Congratulations!!!!! Did you get the request or submit NSE documents?

Yes i got request for NSE to submit mybankstatement certificate but my sponsor bank (Standard Chartered) which had the major fund is not on the mybankstatement platform.

What i did was to get another printed copy of the statement showing transaction for 1 year and got the bank to stamp all the pages and was able to convince the bank to send the statement via courier to the Canadian embassy in Lagos and quote my applicaton and UCI no on the waybill.

So i uploaded a one page letter of explanation ( notifying the VO that Standard Chartered is not on mybankstatement platform) reason this was sent by courier. + uploaded the waybill tracking sheet (UPS) + stamped soft copy of that same bank statement +mybank statement certificate ( for my own salary account - Stanbic IBTC) and submitted.

That was the initiative i took.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 5:31am On Dec 07, 2020
Congrats!

I like when people take unconventional initiative to get results especially when they cover all bases. Great job! This another advantage of being on this platform; your knowledge of this journey to "North" increases daily. Once again, congratulations and it is well deserved. We give God almighty the glory as usual.

It shall end in more praises!

olasubomy:

Yes i got request for NSE to submit mybankstatement certificate but my sponsor bank (Standard Chartered) which had the major fund is not on the mybankstatement platform.

What i did was to get another printed copy of the statement showing transaction for 1 year and got the bank to stamp all the pages and was able to convince the bank to send the statement via courier to the Canadian embassy in Lagos and quote my applicaton and UCI no on the waybill.

So i uploaded a one page letter of explanation ( notifying the VO that Standard Chartered is not on mybankstatement platform) reason this was sent by courier. + uploaded the waybill tracking sheet (UPS) + stamped soft copy of that same bank statement +mybank statement certificate ( for my own salary account - Stanbic IBTC) and submitted.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Elizdee: 5:44am On Dec 07, 2020
olasubomy:

I just got PPR

Oct 4th Applicant.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by silvamania: 5:49am On Dec 07, 2020
olasubomy:

I just got PPR

Oct 4th Applicant.

Congratulations bro. Was super happy for you . We were still discussing possibilities of PPR this week and the almighty answered our prayer swiftly

This is a good one

We go turn up for Néw Brunswick together

All the best........

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 6:13am On Dec 07, 2020
olasubomy:

I just got PPR

Oct 4th Applicant.

Which country did your BVL or PPR come from? I want to confirm if the NSE is processed in Nigeria or elsewhere.

Big congratulations by the way smiley. Your method of circumventing the mybankstatement would really help others using ineligible banks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Beamer007: 6:17am On Dec 07, 2020
olasubomy:

I just got PPR

Oct 4th Applicant.

Congratulations olasubomy
Pls don't submit your Passport to VFS Lagos. grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 6:38am On Dec 07, 2020
grin grin grin grin We that submitted since November 3rd are yet to get 4th email talk less of passport return. Please send it to Germany if you can cool cool

Beamer007:

Congratulations olasubomy
Pls don't submit your Passport to VFS Lagos. grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 6:47am On Dec 07, 2020
Its been declared our month of THANKSGIVING !!!!!!

So shall it be for all Hopefuls.

May we have cause to SHOUT for joy as the year winds up.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 7:31am On Dec 07, 2020
silvamania:

Congratulations bro. Was super happy for you . We were still discussing possibilities of PPR this week and the almighty answered our prayer swiftly

This is a good one

We go turn up for Néw Brunswick together

All the best........

Yes bro grin grin i cant wait for your good news to come too and wish everyone favour.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 7:32am On Dec 07, 2020
[quote author=Akannitommy post=96809499] grin grin grin grin We that submitted since November 3rd are yet to get 4th email talk less of passport return. Please send it to Germany if you can cool cool

[/quote

Germany grin grin grin looooooool I was thinking Abuja is better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Blavkmaann: 7:32am On Dec 07, 2020
ITS MONDAY GUY!

My fellow UPS awaitees

How market!

If today pass na to transfer aggression......hahahahahha
God no go shame us!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 7:33am On Dec 07, 2020
fratermathy:

Which country did your BVL or PPR come from? I want to confirm if the NSE is processed in Nigeria or elsewhere.

Big congratulations by the way smiley. Your method of circumventing the mybankstatement would really help others using ineligible banks.

Thank you so much brother, it is our month of praise.

It came from Nairobi, Kenya.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 7:39am On Dec 07, 2020
Congrats bro, this is very wonderful
olasubomy:

Yes bro grin grin i cant wait for your good news to come too and wish everyone favour.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by fratermathy(m): 7:47am On Dec 07, 2020
Blavkmaann:
ITS MONDAY GUY!

My fellow UPS awaitees

How market!

If today pass na to transfer aggression......hahahahahha
God no go shame us!

UPS is usually effective, or so they say. I haven't used them personally before. Those who got their passports back or know someone who got their passport back already or anyone who has previously used UPS before could help us clarify if UPS does next day delivery for places outside Lagos, Ogun, and other neighbouring states. Those in Delta, Anambra, Bayelsa, Edo, Cross River etc, how long did it take for UPS to deliver parcels to you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:55am On Dec 07, 2020
NairaLuck:
Its been declared our month of THANKSGIVING !!!!!!

So shall it be for all Hopefuls.

May we have cause to SHOUT for joy as the year winds up.
Prophet Nairaluck wink ,Amen ooo

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 8:00am On Dec 07, 2020
olasubomy:

I just got PPR

Oct 4th Applicant.

Congratulations Olasubomy,

Oti Finally End in Praises wink

As regards submitting your Passport, this is my little gift for you cool

How to Send your Passport and Other Required Documents to Abuja VFS for Stamping
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/634#96691131

You can make more enquiries from folks in this forum who submitted their PASSPORT & OTHER REQUIRED DOCUMENTS to ABUJA VFS (Based on their Experience)

All da best HONORABLE

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaIva: 8:03am On Dec 07, 2020
Congratulations ����
Was your sponsor related to you ?

olasubomy:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 8:03am On Dec 07, 2020
Good morning All,

Please i need info on documents to put together to submit my passport, i intend to send to Abuja ( hope this is fine).

Apart from a copy of the underlisted.

(1) Passport Request Letter.
((2) International Passport
(3) Copy of consent forms and Biometric slip given to me when i did my biometrics (or should it be the original copy i should submit?)

I am aware i would be paying a fee since i did not do my biometrics in Abuja , please how do i go about the payment and how much?

Please help a brother smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 8:04am On Dec 07, 2020
Good morning everyone. My fellow paper applicants how many of us are waiting for final verdict and passport?

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58