Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (705) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1168339 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by evergold(m): 9:55am On Dec 16, 2020
justwise:

This thread is the same https://www.nairaland.com/863690/nigerian-students-canada-how-survive

Can we also get a thread for work permit holders. This student thread seems to be the only place we get information.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:00am On Dec 16, 2020
atiteb4:
this NSE of a thing, will be money be in the sponsors bank account or the applicants bank account?

Hello Atiteb4,

The MBS (money) can reflect in the name of either the applicant or sponsor for as long as it meets the financial requirement.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 10:02am On Dec 16, 2020
Fabtee1:
Hello People:

Please does anyone know if IRCC will be closed for the year and when? I sent my passport to Abuja on last Friday, got an email from VFS that it's been sent to IRCC Abuja for processing on Monday. I am planning to book a flight for January 3rd, not sure if this is a great idea.

When are you supposed to resume?
I will advise you don't book your flight until you get an update from IRCC, you never can tell when the passport will get back to you.
Another option will be to book your flight for January 3rd with the option of changing the date of you don't get a response from IRCC by then, but most airlines will charge you for changing flight (so you have to consider that when making your decision)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:08am On Dec 16, 2020
awys:

Please when did you do your medicals and with which hospital Q-Life or IOM cuz I did mine with Q-Life last week Thursday but yet to get notification that they have uploaded the result on IRCC Portal but I have sent the sheet to all those email addresses @Popolam sent yesterday and raised webforms to each of the visa offices they must pick the webform by fire by force ooo.
I did mine on the 3rd of december at qlife...a week later I got email that it has been uploaded, till yesterday I didnt see any changes o till I bombarded them with emails..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adekolagreat(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2020
Immediately I saw your post I logged in to check mine because I had sent the mail yesterday also. To God be my Glory, my medical has been passed also.

Now unto BVL and PPR.
Surely it will end in praise.

OtunbaTee:
This email of a things works o. ..after sending emails to all the addresses @popoolam posted yesterday night.. medicals was updated to pass this morning. ..awaiting ppr request.
It will end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 10:12am On Dec 16, 2020
Akannitommy:
Hello,

The eagle finally landed a few minutes ago. I didn't get UPS tracking but I knew it was in transit after the full day phone wahala with VFS on Monday. I got 5 emails from them in the last 48 hours and my application status changed twice on the VFS platform during the same period.

I got a call just before 9am and I knew it was the UPS delivery man. I cut off an international call (with a friend in New Zealand) to pick up. Lo and behold, I was right. I rushed to the street junction to meet him. I only showed my ATM cards and old national ID and he was satisfied. After I signed for it, I went to the ATM and dashed him "5 Pieces of Cowries". The guy wanted to disappear into thin air.

To God be the Glory. Montreal here we come! To those expectant, your joys shall be fuller very soon.

#It Has Finally Ended in Praise - @Frank and Frat...@Kim, I sight you all!
Amen, and Congratulations ❣️.
my own is I usually don't get any email since 30th Nov. All this 5, 4th email I nor receive anyone apart from LOI, today's Day 16 and I remain positive grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Ose2021: 10:12am On Dec 16, 2020
Hello Gurus, please any advice would be appreciated. I made a mistake on my Study Permit form. I put my diploma date were my Bachelors degree date is. Don't know how I can correct this. My eligibility is already under review.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:18am On Dec 16, 2020
Godsblessings:
the school accommodation is 1220cad, but it's filled up , the school recommended hotel inn downtown it's 85$ per night almost 1.2M for 14days , and when checked Airbnb , I saw booking at 45k for the 14days. Pls has anyone booked accommodation on Airbnb ? I think Airbnb is cheaper compare to other but I'm not sure about it's legit cos we need to make the payment to reserve.

Hello Godsblessings,

Are you sure the figures are being calculated right. I think Rebecausoro booked Airbnb, you may want to try if you can get across to her.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:21am On Dec 16, 2020
olasubomy:
My counterfoil has dropped and status has changed to approved with todays date December 14, 2020.

Backgound check completed.- Apparently, it stated my background check has been completed on November 9,2020.

Eligibility Review also completed today Dec 14, 2020.

I wish everyone waiting for a decision good news soonest.

Hello Olasubomy,

Big Congratulations on your feat.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 10:22am On Dec 16, 2020
Babyboy2020:
Pls what if someone submit a statement of account 2 months after collecting from the bank ...hope it doesn’t have any negative effect?
You will be asked to submit an updated SOA later, so why not get it now and submit instead of waiting for them to ask later?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2020
adekolagreat:
Immediately I saw your post I logged in to check mine because I had sent the mail yesterday also. To God be my Glory, my medical has been passed also.

Now unto BVL and PPR.
Surely it will end in praise.

Another testifier to how effective this email of a thing can be...it will end in praise bro.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 10:25am On Dec 16, 2020
@popoolam thanks for the info...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 10:30am On Dec 16, 2020
Akannitommy:
@Justwise, we have also called for a thread that is specifically meant for "new students arriving Canada". The "living in Canada" thread is not directly relevant to our situation post-approval. Most of the time, discussions on that page are for PR folks. Please help look into it. Gracias, Chiefo!

In as much as I like your idea I think it will reduced the number of people coming back to this forum to share their landing experience and other things those who are yet to secure their TRV will like to know. Hearing people's experience will give hope to those still waiting for their TRV.
N.B: I am not trying to talk down your point, just saying it will reduce the number of students who have gotten their TRV coming back here to share their experience with those still waiting.
ONE LOVE

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 10:33am On Dec 16, 2020
Duly noted. I was thinking where to learn from those who passed through the same landing experience as we would.

mcobex:
In as much as I like your idea I think it will reduced the number of people coming back to this forum to share their landing experience and other things those who are yet to secure their TRV will like to know. Hearing people's experience will give hope to those still waiting for their TRV.
N.B: I am not trying to talk down your point, just saying it will reduce the number of students who have gotten their TRV coming back here to share their experience with those still waiting.
ONE LOVE

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 10:34am On Dec 16, 2020
olasubomy:
My counterfoil has dropped and status has changed to approved with todays date December 14, 2020.

Backgound check completed.- Apparently, it stated my background check has been completed on November 9,2020.

Eligibility Review also completed today Dec 14, 2020.

I wish everyone waiting for a decision good news soonest.
Same with me my status has changed to approved, apparently my background check was completed the same day I submitted (Sept 7th) and I got LOI on the 15th of December now its remaining VFS and my passport ooo angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 10:36am On Dec 16, 2020
Akannitommy:
Hello,

The eagle finally landed a few minutes ago. I didn't get UPS tracking but I knew it was in transit after the full day phone wahala with VFS on Monday. I got 5 emails from them in the last 48 hours and my application status changed twice on the VFS platform during the same period.

I got a call just before 9am and I knew it was the UPS delivery man. I cut off an international call (with a friend in New Zealand) to pick up. Lo and behold, I was right. I rushed to the street junction to meet him. I only showed my ATM cards and old national ID and he was satisfied. After I signed for it, I went to the ATM and dashed him "5 Pieces of Cowries". The guy wanted to disappear into thin air.

To God be the Glory. Montreal here we come! To those expectant, your joys shall be fuller very soon.

"5 pieces of cowries" Lol.
Congratulations and safe flight

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:37am On Dec 16, 2020
Chynwayy:
Good day everyone, I’m new here please I need your help! I’m about to apply for a pgd program in Canada, now the issue is, when applying for study permit can I include my family? I have a 2 year old and can’t leave him behind... please help before I waste my time applying �

Hello Chynwayy,

Yes, you can. However, you have to demonstrate that you will be able to meet his welfare in Canada and hr won't be a distraction to your study.

You may have to demonstrate with evidence that you've booked for a daycare in Canada and show sufficient funds to cover for both of you in the course of your study.

This has been addresses on severe occasion. For more info, use the search bar up in the page to research for more hints and answers.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 10:42am On Dec 16, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Chynwayy,

Yes, you can. However, you have to demonstrate that you will be able to meet his welfare in Canada and hr won't be a distraction to your study.

You may have to demonstrate with evidence that you've booked for a daycare in Canada and show sufficient funds to cover for both of you in the course of your study.

This has been addresses on severe occasion. For more info, use the search bar up in the page to research for more hints and answers.

All the best
Boss I hail, long time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 10:54am On Dec 16, 2020
for people going with KLM, i checked their website and found out that covid test is not mandatory but it is mandatory to always wear a face mask and you have to change your face mask every 3 hours or if for any reason your face mask is wet you must change it.
but if you go ahead and get a covid negative test result and show them, they will allow you enter without you necessarily wearing a face mask.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yteem: 10:57am On Dec 16, 2020
Akannitommy:
Hello,

Amen. Congratulations and best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by bisolaemilia(f): 11:19am On Dec 16, 2020
The email thing definitely works.

Mine has also been updated to pass.

OtunbaTee:

Another testifier to how effective this email of a thing can be...it will end in praise bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 11:20am On Dec 16, 2020
OtunbaTee:
I did mine on the 3rd of december at qlife...a week later I got email that it has been uploaded, till yesterday I didnt see any changes o till I bombarded them with emails..

Good morning Otunba.
Has your eligibility review began?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Good evening Mr. Just mellow.

As you might know, I was rejected based on finance.

In my previous application, I submitted 11Million and i also paid $12K to the school which covered first semester.

I am battling with arranging my profile my profile currently as i intend reapplying in january.

My sponsor will be paying my full tuition by jan. Also, sponsor's account balance has dropped to about 4Million but it will probably get higher after full tuition payment and at the time of my reapplication. I have funds in my account worth over 4million but i submitted my employment letter which i got from my parent since i am with the family business. The letter has 50,000 as my monthly salary even though i am not being paid but i have investments with the business that generates me income.

Note that I left the investment out of my application in order not to complicate it. I also did not submit my account statement during my first application.

Question:

1. Should i draft a new employment letter stating that i earn 300k and above?

2. Can you suggest a neat way that i can include my personal account in my application without complicating my application?

3. Is there any suggestion for me?

Hello NwanyiOkpa,

Its good to see you around once again. I believe you're gradually making progress to your re-application.

In my opinion, 4m is low (for a third party sponsorship) despite the show of commitment in paying for the full tuition fees. If possible, 8m above would suit your current application situation well.

Its good to see that you also have beyond the required LE in your BA. With your current financial situation, having paid your full tuition coupled with the 4m LE, it goes a long to settle your POF.

What is left is balancing the book for that of your sponsor's current financial situation after the sponsorship commitment. See my opinion in the second paragraph.

Owing that you previously submitted an employment letter from your family business worth a certain amount, presenting another employment letter this time with some obvious excessive salary won't make clear sense to a sane mind, given the timeframe between the first application and the reapplication. It may make sense to others but not to me.

Just allow the 50k stick in your new application. If the sum hasn't been reflecting your BA ever since may be within 6 months timeline–no worries. Get a CASH SALARY CERTIFICATE to show as evidence of your earnings.

There must be evidence to prove you have an investment in the family business. If there is no tangible evidence, on a letterhead paper of the business addressed to the VO and signed by the CEO/MD or anyone in the capacity of authority to do so to reference the nature of the investment, worth (if applicable), ROI and whatnot.

If you own a share in the business, the letter may also state this (with the percentage) and other evidence like the Article of Association, Memorandum of Understanding etc to support your claims.

If this isn't available, a board resolution letter can also suffice as reassurance that your claims in the business are absolute endorsed by each board members.

There is another option of getting a charter accountant who is the financial accountant to the business/company to draft a letter representing this facts to the regards and stating your earnings for the 1year period mark.

However, the suggestion in the seventh (and tenth paragraph are) is very well in-place to justify your investment in the business and ROI. Kindly don't include all the suggestions in your application so as not to cause unnecessary scrutiny to your application.

Include your BS this time and any financial document you are including should correspond with your inflows.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 11:29am On Dec 16, 2020
Uriel12:

Good morning Otunba.
Has your eligibility review began?
Still frozen o...heat go soon catch am to melt and change status!
Good morning.
It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NEYOT88: 11:33am On Dec 16, 2020
Hello Everyone,pls kindly advise me as i want to apply for Student Visa in Canada,I have a 6months old baby and a toddler,I have a valid Canada Tourist Visa to expire in 2023,my toddler also have a valid tourist visa to expire in 2022,my husband's Visa has expired and my infant doesn't have a visa yet.Can i apply with my Husband and my 6months old while applying for my student visa or I apply alone first and apply for Hubby and my Infant after I might have gotten my study permit?Elders in the house, I need your advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Uriel12: 11:37am On Dec 16, 2020
OtunbaTee:

Still frozen o...heat go soon catch am to melt and change status!
Good morning.
It will end in praise

Wahala.
Your application is still on hold from the NSE thing right boss?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fabtee1: 11:39am On Dec 16, 2020
mcobex:
When are you supposed to resume?
I will advise you don't book your flight until you get an update from IRCC, you never can tell when the passport will get back to you.
Another option will be to book your flight for January 3rd with the option of changing the date of you don't get a response from IRCC by then, but most airlines will charge you for changing flight (so you have to consider that when making your decision)

Winter term resumes on January 11. I also feel I should hear from IRCC, just that tickets are getting ridiculously high by the days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by OtunbaTee(m): 11:39am On Dec 16, 2020
Uriel12:

Wahala.
Your application is still on hold from the NSE thing right boss?
NSE yeah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:51am On Dec 16, 2020
Sunpatricia:
Good day everyone,
Please i have a quick question .... i have friend who is applying for a study permit along with their children.
Are the children also required to get a letter of admission? the children are 11,8 and ^.
Also what does she pick for the children - "Visitor - All other types" or "Study more than 6months"?

Many thanks for your swift response

Hello Sunpatricia,

The admission letter of PA covers them. PA should select Visit Visa (Visitor).

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:55am On Dec 16, 2020
mcobex:
Congratulations to all those who recently got their approval. To those still waiting on CIC, I wish you the very best.

Where you dey hide?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 11:57am On Dec 16, 2020
Anamekele:

Please can I dm you for clarification. My option is CIBC but I think form A requires account details of the school which am not seeing or getting from Concordia university.

When you generate a payment instruction sheet from CIBC webiste, it will contain all the information required for formA by your local bank. You will access the CIBC website through your schools payment page, that's how it is for my school, maybe Concordia University is different.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 11:58am On Dec 16, 2020
nyangbafa:
Hello Guys
I just got the NSE letter requesting for my Bank statement showing necessary funds and IELTS result and i need your advise on what to do

1. The only prove of Funds i used for the earlier application is a Sponsorship letter from my employer (A Nigerian University) stating that my study will be fully sponsored. Can i still Use this sponsorship Letter for the NSE?

2. Should i just collect money from a close relative and send to them ? (All My documents, SOP, and others have suggested that my home institution will sponsor my study). will this not look contradictory?

Please help oo

Hello Nyangbafa,

You could decide to sit it out if you can't meet the requirements without any effect to your application.

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.