Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1170164 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gentlemate00: 7:16pm On May 30, 2020
shocked
BarristerAlarig:

Book a non refundable flight to Canada. That's the first step.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Halifaxguy: 10:01pm On May 30, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Jacktours,

This question has always gotten some applicants convoluted. On the norm, medicals is required for applicants applying from most countries of the world i.e. Nigeria.

The answer should be NO if you've not stayed in any other country other Nigeria for 6 months or more. And YES if you've stayed.

Answering YES automatically creates a column in your GCKEY account to upload your medicals. If you answer NO, it won't rather medicals will be requested on a later date. It is the duty of the authorized panel physician to send the test result to IRCC. Also, a copy of the e-medical slip given to you can be sent to IRCC via Webform of Email. This is optional.

All the best

Hi JustMellow, based on your explanation i think I answered Yes to that question in my younger bro application. Answering YES means you are telling cic that you want to complete a medical exam. Since Nigeria is among the countries that requires medical exams, I think answering Yes should be the correct thing to do. Please I stand to be corrected.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 5:57am On May 31, 2020
BarristerAlarig:

Lol. Mehn! grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Futuragetty: 8:43am On May 31, 2020
BarristerAlarig:

Counsel, You no get Joy at all grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:12am On May 31, 2020
Halifaxguy:

Hi JustMellow, based on your explanation i think I answered Yes to that question in my younger bro application. Answering YES means you are telling cic that you want to complete a medical exam. Since Nigeria is among the countries that requires medical exams, I think answering Yes should be the correct thing to do. Please I stand to be corrected.

Hello Halifaxguy,

Answering YES isn't a wrong choice either. It will only open the column to upload a medical test report ab initio of the application.

N.B: whether a NO or YES is answered, medicals MUST be requested by IRCC as Nigeria isn't exempted from one. Its almost the same way that the answers to the questionnaire when creating the Gckey account determines the IMM Form that will be generated.

One Love!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 10:39am On May 31, 2020
gugu40:
Good evening gurus in the house
My wife got admission for a Masters in Conflict Studies. We are writing the SOP now. She works in a school owned by Chinese as an English teacher in Asia. (She cannot show any document from her employer/school) (They never give from past experience… they will even sack the person if they know). The only document that can prove her employment is her Nigerian passport with a work visa and a work permit in the school name . The owner of the school never gives any document to foreign teachers. He pays their monthly salary in the bank (no pay slip), No ID card, No letter of introduction. So we are writing in the SOP that
1. She will give a one month notice to resign (so she is no more working a month after visa application).
Or
2. She resigned already when she saw her admission letter to be a full time housewife because she wants to bond with her children (She will be away for 2 years so will miss them) and also to study online.

Please is it a good idea? If not please advise……
Gurus in the house please help help help

Hello Gugu40,

A costly mistake that can be made now is hinting about resignation. Note that a work permit may not be recognized as a placement for your spouse's employment history but as a legal document for her stay. It is the duty of your spouse to prove and provide evidence irrespective of the work situation or condition.

Hence, your spouse should only mention resigning IF there is another job offer at hand, which in this case its different. Since your spouse's salary reflects in the BS and the work permit, try as much as possible to indicate or highlight this areas to the attention of the VO. I believe the school has online presence and if they do, state clearly the URL and/or the page showing the contact details of the school or staff's page (if applicable).

Then, the precise reasons for the aforesaid and excluding the evidence of employment history should be stated. If before your spouse's relocation she had a prior work history, those can be included to make a sense. The crucial thing to avoid is trying to prevent "Current Employment in CoR."

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 11:11am On May 31, 2020
Faithyyyyy:
@justmellow.

Please what recognized online course can anyone do from 3-6 months that can be evaluated for 1 year by wes. My kid brother has a bachelor's and is looking to enter the pool. Thanks

Check BSC in IT and CIMA program. Both of these programs respectively will give you a certificate point in EE. Your kid brother need to go and read the Express Entry thread to get more info on this. Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gugu40: 2:01pm On May 31, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Gugu40,

A costly mistake that can be made now is hinting about resignation. Note that a work permit may not be recognized as a placement for your spouse's employment history but as a legal document for her stay. It is the duty of your spouse to prove and provide evidence irrespective of the work situation or condition.

Hence, your spouse should only mention resigning IF there is another job offer at hand, which in this case its different. Since your spouse's salary reflects in the BS and the work permit, try as much as possible to indicate or highlight this areas to the attention of the VO. I believe the school has online presence and if they do, state clearly the URL and/or the page showing the contact details of the school or staff's page (if applicable).

Then, the precise reasons for the aforesaid and excluding the evidence of employment history should be stated. If before your spouse's relocation she had a prior work history, those can be included to make a sense. The crucial thing to avoid is trying to prevent "Current Employment in CoR."

All the best

@JustMellow

Thanks for the advice.
God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MyRace: 6:11pm On May 31, 2020
Hello all,

Please I'm filling my SP application online and I plan to include my children who are all above 5 years old.

I see that I have to apply for study permit for them as well.

My question is: how to I answer the questions on imm1294e asking what schools they have been accepted to a nd stuff like that.

I'd be grateful to everyone that can be of help

@JustMellow
@Frankrobbn1
@goingforward
@Lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 6:29pm On May 31, 2020
Good day all. Got M.Sc offer in TRU, tuition fee is $35,700. Got Research assistant of $10,000 for first two semesters with an option of renewal in 2nd year. The supervisor promised full time job offer during summer break.
My question: How can one get visas for family of three with this offer? We plan to go together.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pdn234: 7:24pm On May 31, 2020
Thank you @lekibobe. I also want to find out if it is possible to switch courses from one PGD to another PGD after one gets to Canada.From Global business management to Environmental technology. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 7:51pm On May 31, 2020
Pdn234:
Thank you @lekibobe. I also want to find out if it is possible to switch courses from one PGD to another PGD after one gets to Canada.From Global business management to Environmental technology. Thank you

YeS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 7:58pm On May 31, 2020
Please has anybody who submitted via paper route heard anything ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:30pm On May 31, 2020
Miide2:
Please has anybody who submitted via paper route heard anything ?

You can't hear anything because everything is on pause mode
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:32pm On May 31, 2020
Pdn234:
Good evening frank, my first ppst here. I hope i am doing it rightly. I want to apply for study permit to Canada. Graduated with 2.2, Bsc. Geography and regional planning 2004, age 42yrs, over 11 years banking banking experience in Marketing. Please which course do i go in for. Master or Pgd and in which course. Please i need help and advise. Thank you.quote author=Frankrobbn1

Cos of your experience, it's advisable you go for a pgd course in marketing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:50pm On May 31, 2020
Good day everyone.

What is the possibility of switching courses once you land in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:50pm On May 31, 2020
Good day everyone.

I mean changing your course of study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 8:59pm On May 31, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Good day everyone.

I mean changing your course of study.
I advise you change your course before you travel.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:26pm On May 31, 2020
Anon123:

I advise you change your course before you travel.

So it's impossible to change when you get there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 9:34pm On May 31, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

So it's impossible to change when you get there?

It's very very possible.. infact,Its better. I was wrong with my previous advise.. just inquired deeper and I learn it's advisable to change course wen u land not before. Therefore it's better you change course wen you get there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faithyyyyy: 11:34pm On May 31, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Faithyyyyy,

Some of the short programs might be dependent on the previous academic background or not. You can research more on BCS, CIMA, CIIN, ACCA et al or visit the EE thread to ask questions, so not to derail this one.

All the best

Thanks a lot. I have him and he is going for the bcs. He has a background in I.T. basically i asked him to google and do his research as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by HollateeK247: 4:43am On Jun 01, 2020
Hello sir,

Please I recently got an offer to the University of Alberta for an M.Eng in Civil Engineering.

The thing is, I really don't want to make any mistakes in my application for a study permit. I have read some things online but I would really appreciate it if you could give me like a step by step approach in application with red flags one should avoid.

Also, my parents would like to accompany me for my trip to Canada, am I to apply for 3 visitor Visas (2 for them and 1 for myself) or does my study permit application cover them. Also, with regards to funding, what's the minimum amount one's sponsor should have in the account plus for how long should the money be there before making the study permit application.

I look forward to hearing from you sir.

Frankrobbn1:

Congratulations on your friend's scholarship award at the University in Canada.

Irrespective of the fact that he is been fully funded by the school and faculty, he needs to show POF for any miscellaneous expenses that might arise during the course of his studies in Canada. A bank statement of 1.5M-2M should be adequate in his case. He should try as much as he can to source for this money as soon as possible before filling his study permit application.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:16am On Jun 01, 2020
Congratulations on your admission.. Which session did u apply for? Sept or January and pls confirm the tuition amount per year. I saw about 20k for MEng.
Also, why are your parents accompanying you?
Having both of them here would have been a good home tie for u, whether they're the ones sponsoring you or not. I think u should go first and have them visit afterwards #myOpinion

HollateeK247:
Hello sir,

Please I recently got an offer to the University of Alberta for an M.Eng in Civil Engineering.

The thing is, I really don't want to make any mistakes in my application for a study permit. I have read some things online but I would really appreciate it if you could give me like a step by step approach in application with red flags one should avoid.

Also, my parents would like to accompany me for my trip to Canada, am I to apply for 3 visitor Visas (2 for them and 1 for myself) or does my study permit application cover them. Also, with regards to funding, what's the minimum amount one's sponsor should have in the account plus for how long should the money be there before making the study permit application.

I look forward to hearing from you sir.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thevenine(m): 7:53am On Jun 01, 2020
Good morning house. Is a police character certificate absolutely required?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 9:40am On Jun 01, 2020
Thevenine:
Good morning house. Is a police character certificate absolutely required?
It is not absolutely required,
But in order to avoid delay in processing time in case they need it, It is advisable to get it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thevenine(m): 10:03am On Jun 01, 2020
Lekiboboe:

It is not absolutely required,
But in order to avoid delay in processing time in case they need it, It is advisable to get it

Thanks very much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MyRace: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2020
[Good morning all, please can someone help me respond to this? I have searched the thread for answers but couldn't find.

Kindly help if you can

Thanks

quote author=MyRace post=90167663]Hello all,

Please I'm filling my SP application online and I plan to include my children who are all above 5 years old.

I see that I have to apply for study permit for them as well.

My question is: how to I answer the questions on imm1294e asking what schools they have been accepted to a nd stuff like that.

I'd be grateful to everyone that can be of help

@JustMellow
@Frankrobbn1
@goingforward
@Lekiboboe[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:50am On Jun 01, 2020
Anon123:

It's very very possible.. infact,Its better. I was wrong with my previous advise.. just inquired deeper and I learn it's advisable to change course wen u land not before. Therefore it's better you change course wen you get there.

Thanks so much. What is the requirement? How many semesters must one complete to switch?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olajigaolamide: 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
Please is the Canadian Student visa application on hold and also means of getting the proper documentation for application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Jacktours,

This question has always gotten some applicants convoluted. On the norm, medicals is required for applicants applying from most countries of the world i.e. Nigeria.

The answer should be NO if you've not stayed in any other country other Nigeria for 6 months or more. And YES if you've stayed.

[b][/b]Answering YES automatically creates a column in your GCKEY account to upload your medicals. [b][/b]If you answer NO, it won't rather medicals will be requested on a later date. It is the duty of the authorized panel physician to send the test result to IRCC. Also, a copy of the e-medical slip given to you can be sent to IRCC via Webform of Email. This is optional.

All the best

At the bolded please note that it does not ask you to upload your medicals. It gives you a form to fill which authorizes CIC to request for your medicals though of course if you have already done medicals then you can upload it in that space.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Good day all,
Please I am trying to pay tuition before resubmitting my application. Does anyone know how to go about this using a bank? As in a direct transfer at official bank rates. Dollar is not smiling nowadays.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jubrilx3: 2:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
Luckymama:
Good day all,
Please I am trying to pay tuition before resubmitting my application. Does anyone know how to go about this using a bank? As in a direct transfer at official bank rates. Dollar is not smiling nowadays.

Go to your bank and request for Form A. You should have your adsmission letter, prove of the tuttion fees amount, passport, certificate and you good to go.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (723)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.