Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161128 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ojzreal(m): 8:07am On Jun 03, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

My suggestion,
Since this year academic calendar has been disrupted, why not defer your admission to next year probably may,

From now till then you mum would have enough money to present, rather than going for education loan for you..

My own OP

Okay,
It is compulsory to make the deposit payment before one can defer admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:23am On Jun 03, 2020
Jarvis11:
Good Day Everyone
I graduated from Public Administration in Uniben in 2019 (part time) and Intend to go for MSc Public Administration at UoR
I have a wife and 3 kids but no land or house property.
I have been working as an admin officer as a spy police for 7 years.

1. Is it wise for me to use a sponsor to show proof of funds?
2. Will my wife and kids be sufficient ties to my home country?
3. Will my work experience be an issue if i include in the application?
4. Is it ok to write in my statement of purpose that my study in canada is to obtain a prestigious degree which could boost my chances in politics in my home country?

I will really appreciate your response(s)

1. It's rational if you're self-sponsored giving you're happily married with three (3) kids. This clearly explains to the visa officer that you're well-established in your home country irrespective of absence of immovable assets back home.

2. As per the immigration policy of Canada, your immediate family (spouse and kids) are the strongest ties you could ever think of in your home country. This is because the visa officers are fully aware that you won't abscond into thin air when you get into Canada without returning back to your family in Nigeria. Possession of Buildings and lands in your home country are considered as auxiliaries ties.

3. Admin officer for over 7 years now exhibits a career progression with your intended program in public administration. Based on this, I don't see anything wrong with your job experience.

4. Is public administration related to politics? I guess yes, you can explain how your international degree will be a vehicle for you to occupy a power/political position so as to enable you make a positive impact in your home country.

It will end in praise

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 8:30am On Jun 03, 2020
Please you guys should stop sending mails.. I don’t know how to access the mail

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Miide2: 8:31am On Jun 03, 2020
Anon123:

January is better
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:34am On Jun 03, 2020
Tonyodg:
hello sir
I have another concerns please going through the thread and I was seeing bank statements last only 30 days after they are printed
Please is there any source that says I can’t use it after 30 days of being printed
Regards

A Bank statement is valid for a month (30 days). See the attachment with this post from IRCC website for visa instructions for study permit applications from Nigeria.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:41am On Jun 03, 2020
Kerry87:
Hello narialanders,

I'm new here, about to apply for my study permit,

I have gotten admission to study at Humber College, Ontario for a 2 year Graduate Certificate in Business Insights and Analytics (which is a new course).

My Background Information
Just graduated recently(last year) from the university of Lagos with a B.SC in Finance with CGPA of 3.64. I have been denied visiting visa twice - that i wont return to home country. My sister is a Canadian Citizen, she is married with kids and is my sponsor. I have paid my one year tuition fee. I was wondering if I should use my other sister as a co-sponsor. She is married with kids, lives in Nigeria and works for a bank. I am currently doing my NYSC.

@frankrobbn1 @justmellow @najiaforeigner @justwise
please help me

There is no logical progression in your choice of program in Canada. You graduated with 3.64cgpa which can easily secure a master's degree in Canada and would increase your chances of getting an approval.

Given your academic background in finance, It's reasonable if you apply for a Master of Management (MGM) degree in International Accounting and Finance at the University of Windsor. You will be required to pay 4kCAD to the school to secure your seat in the program.

Going for a Graduate Certificate in Business Insights and Analytics will give the visa officer the impression that you're not a bonafide student and thus using study permit as a means to facilitate entry into Canada rather than educational advancement.

Your sister who is currently a Canadian citizen can be your main sponsor if she has adequate available financial resources to cover for your tuition and living expenses.

This is my honest advice for you. Seneca is good but your Visa chances are slim.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:47am On Jun 03, 2020
Jejelaye01:
@frank, maybe it me not just getting your point here or maybe the process now includes all sort of documents in name of company sponsorship!!
A simple recommendation letter, study leave with pay and maybe a sponsorship letter stating reason for sponsorship and kind of sponsorship will do.
All the documents mentioned will only be needed if the applicant feels the company sponsoring isn't genuine enough.
Which company in Nigeria will give her middle management team company bank statement? Tax clearance docs? CAC?(Except for family company, business or arranged company)
As good example to back my point is a staff that works with Glo, Shell or the Government and being sponsored!! Will these companies (private, multinational and public) drop any of the documents needed to proof sponsorship ?

Your standpoint on this matter could have been achievable if the company in question is a multinational company. However if the company is a private organisation, they have to furnish the applicant with the necessary documentation including proof of ownership of business and bank statements. A mere sponsorship letter, recommendation letter would not hold water as regards financial sponsorship in his application.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Frankrobbn1: 8:56am On Jun 03, 2020
Pdn234:
Good evening frank, my first ppst here. I hope i am doing it rightly. I want to apply for study permit to Canada. Graduated with 2.2, Bsc. Geography and regional planning 2004, age 42yrs, over 11 years banking banking experience in Marketing. Please which course do i go in for. Master or Pgd and in which coirse. Pleade i need help and advise. Thank you.quote author=Frankrobbn1

In view of your vast working experiences in the marketing industry, a post graduate diploma in Marketing is the best option for you here. You will have alot of work to do in your SOP by explaining why you're furthering your education at this point in your career given your huge study gaps and age. Your letter must be very persuasive as possible as by capturing the relevant key informations about your professional experiences and satisfying the visa officer that you're a bonafide student and will definitely study in Canada and undoubtedly perform well in classroom assignments and projects.

It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 03, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

A Bank statement is valid for a month (30 days). See the attachment with this post from IRCC website for visa instructions for applications from Nigeria.

It will end in praise
God bless you sir I am happy you was able to respond to my concerns

I hope and wish it ends in praise for myself and all applicants Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Zolagigo(m): 9:15am On Jun 03, 2020
@frankrobbn1, pse I need your help and advise on critical issues. my email zolagigo@gmail.com. thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by milkytins(m): 9:18am On Jun 03, 2020
milkytins:
Good day all. Got M.Sc offer in TRU, tuition fee is $35,700. Got Research assistant of $10,000 for first two semesters with an option of renewal in 2nd year. The supervisor promised full time job offer during summer break.
My question: How can one get visas for family of three with this offer? We plan to go together.
Thanks.

Pls, any info on this...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Urrch: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

A Bank statement is valid for a month (30 days). See the attachment with this post from IRCC website for visa instructions for study permit applications from Nigeria.

It will end in praise

Frank please I need your services

Can I send you a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 10:41am On Jun 03, 2020
Miide2:

I got the same mail too
My EE profile was deemed ineligible since April but I got a mail that they were still working on my application.. My EE application not my SP

I don't think you should worry about that EE mail you received. I have not applied for SP or recieved ITA but I received that 'we are still working on your application ' EE mail too. I don't think it has anything to do with your SP application, in my opinion.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 11:24am On Jun 03, 2020
ojzreal:

Okay,
It is compulsory to make the deposit payment before one can defer admission

Which Deposit payment are you talking about, please be specific
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Luckymama: 1:38pm On Jun 03, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Luckymama,

Thank you for pointing out your observation in my previous post. However, to the bolded above, don't you think we passed same message across?!

One Love!

Of course the message is the same. It’s just that a lot of people come here for information. I for one learnt so much from this thread and so I feel we should always be as accurate as possible for the sake of people who will read and base their decisions on they info the find here.

Kind regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tracy2020: 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
Please I am having issues uploading the IMM 1294 form ( Application of Study Permit outside Canada). I filled everything as required and validated it too, It has really delayed my application. Please what can I do? As anyone faced the same challenge also? Your response would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
Tracy2020:
Please I am having issues uploading the IMM 1294 form ( Application of Study Permit outside Canada). I filled everything as required and validated it too, It has really delayed my application. Please what can I do? As anyone faced the same challenge also? Your response would be appreciated. Thanks
Hi Tracy2020

1) Try check if its the latest Acrobat reader u are using, if not, update it to the latest version or download a new one , uninstall the former and install the new one

2) Hope the form u filled & signed is a recent one u downloaded...if not , download a new IMM 1294 form, cos there are cases whereby an IMM form of February 2020 has bin updated in May-June 2020..

The link below could be helpful as well
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1312&top=23

All the best ma'am...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2020
Miide2:

My admission was for July but looks like I’m going to deffer till September or January
mine September. Let's keep faith.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Insanity(m): 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praise

Hello Frank,

On this bank statement issue, I have a Pension Account statement that I want to include in my application, just to show ties to home. Should I upload it among the Client Information documents? Does this one month validity period apply to Pension Account statements too?
I received my statement in March, I don't know if I can use it now or request for a new one.
Thanks for your assistance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by justexcellent: 3:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
Hi there! I think it is no longer MANDATORY to mail paper documents to Québec to get CAQ. An online submission option has just been created. You can check the new development out from the link below and it's also on the temporary selection studies application page.

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/05/quebec-international-students-can-submit-documents-online-0514520.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter-20200603#gs.7b4l06

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jacktours: 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2020
hello guys good day,after doing upfront medical when filling my forms am i suppose to upload anything to show have done an upfront medical ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Good evening @Frankrobbn1 @JustMellow @Naijaforeigner @Austacus @mcobex @Qudkom

Hope u are all doing well, I will love to seek ur expertise to check out my SOP for Vetting, Proofreading, what should be added or what should be removed etc... I will appreciate if any of u can acknowledge my request

Thanks & God bless u all..

Alright, send across.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2020
MyRace:
[Good morning all, please can someone help me respond to this? I have searched the thread for answers but couldn't find.

Kindly help if you can

Thanks

quote author=MyRace post=90167663]Hello all,

Please I'm filling my SP application online and I plan to include my children who are all above 5 years old.

I see that I have to apply for study permit for them as well.

My question is: how to I answer the questions on imm1294e asking what schools they have been accepted to a nd stuff like that.

I'd be grateful to everyone that can be of help

@JustMellow
@Frankrobbn1
@goingforward
@Lekiboboe

Hello MyRace,

Fill in your institution details for them. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
Reapplied may 13
Got mail from IRCC now, I have not checked it..scared though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
JustMellow:

Alright, send across.
@JustMellow
Thanks for the Acknowledgement...

I tried sending a PM to u now, and I got this msg..
You have sent too many anonymous mails. Please wait
Though my network is messing up here somehow..

Kindly HI me...

God Bless u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:29pm On Jun 03, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
Please the mentioned gurus should assist this moniker. He/She has been very helpful on this thread & deserves every assistance that can be rendered.

Thank you
@Wuraarroon69,
Thnx for ur Concern, I do appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
JustMellow:

Alright, send across.
PM Sent Successfully
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2020
Don't be scared, it will end in praise
Chukwuemeka101:
Reapplied may 13
Got mail from IRCC now, I have not checked it..scared though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
lol I like how you’re compassionate
nayo10:
Don't be scared, it will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 5:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
This may be time for those that has an ongoing application with IRCC but haven't heard anything in regards to it to brace up. The government of Canada is considering lifting their border restriction with the US possibly on June 21st and the travel restrictions from the rest of the world from July 1st.

Hopefully, between that timeframe, things would begin and gradually fall back to normal in terms of processing and issuance.The EE applicants are also not left out. Let's continue to be optimistic and hope the Canadian government stay true to their words.

Godspeed to every ongoing applications and to those about to!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2020
JustMellow:
This may be time for those that has an ongoing application with IRCC but haven't heard anything in regards to it to brace up. The government of Canada is considering lifting their border restriction with the US possibly on June 21st and the travel restrictions from the rest of the world from July 1st.

Hopefully, between that timeframe, things would begin and gradually fall back to normal in terms of processing and issuance.The EE applicants are also not left out. Let's continue to be optimistic and hope the Canadian government stay true to their words.

Godspeed to every ongoing applications and to those about to!
That's some good news ,most esp. for FALL 2020 applicants

With this development, there is a possibility the ONLINE CLASSES meant for Fall 2020 be annulled

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.