Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days (31791 Views)

Kano Government Extends Lockdown By One Week / President Buhari Signs Quarantine Order / Coronavirus: Ekiti Government Extends Lockdown By Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by onyxo76(m): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2020
by the time the vaccine is ready by maybe June 2021 or thereabouts, kaduna go lift its lockdown, hopefully there will still be some people still living there to take the vaccine

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by cococandy(f): 7:52am On Apr 27, 2020
Reference:

Now the citizens are awakening and asking the questions. Previously they thought 'lockdown' was a plan. Today the goverment says it is seeking test kits so they want us to wait until they find the kits....even if it takes them ten years to find. Is this not a receipe for disaster.

Even the so called organized countries don’t have much of a plan. This one weak everybody.
At this point I’m down for anything.
Open or close, I dey. grin
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by israelmao(m): 7:55am On Apr 27, 2020
I wonder why lockdown seem to be the only solution,as if people are no longer engaging their thinking faculty or they are simply confused.
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by Jimmyubah2: 7:56am On Apr 27, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
They copy the lockdown from the whites but won't give the same palliatives the whites give to their citizens

Useless APC leaders .
Even if you give the government palliatives they will collect, useless government.
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by xcelentattitude(m): 7:56am On Apr 27, 2020
FreelanceRebel:

Business activities are allowed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from morning to 6pm.

Local movement within streets is not strict. You can use ATM etc on lock down days

What will you do with ATM when you don't have money

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by newisd75: 8:10am On Apr 27, 2020
sometime d fear of coronavirus is like foolishness, it show how harden d governor of kaduna is. y should u lock down people without given them food 2 eat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by nameo: 8:17am On Apr 27, 2020
Caseless:
He's a smart and performing governor. I wish he's even the president. Very active and proactive.

God bless mallam!

The last President you chose or supported has been a complete disaster.

@ caseless my g, you are not allowed to "choose" any other President till further notice

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by Newdawn30: 8:22am On Apr 27, 2020
I think the fasting season informed his decision.... Nigeria isn't a circular nation as she claims to be
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by Reference(m): 8:23am On Apr 27, 2020
cococandy:

Even the so called organized countries don’t have much of a plan. This one weak everybody.
At this point I’m down for anything.
Open or close, I dey. grin

It is not about individuals. We should think about others. If I considered myself alone I can assure you I don't mind the lockdown extending till a vaccine is established next year because part of my business is essential on the one hand and another significant part is domiciled overseas and hopefully these will soon be back. I go to work four times a week for just a few hours each day.

But ones society is ones society and we should all be concerned right now about the big picture concerning this pandemic viz about our capacity to handle it.

One of the big mistakes we have made and continue to make from the get go and up until yesterday's meeting by Mr. President and the Minister of Health and Head NCDC is that the pandemic is a health issue alone. It is absolutely not.

It is far more than that for the simple reason that the vast majority affected by a pandemic ARE NOT SICK AND WILL NOT BE SICK AT THE END. So dealing with this group in helping to stem the pandemic IS NOT A HEALTH ISSUE but a general governance issue.

That is why when you see the tip of the spear in most other nations you see the involvement of other experts interfacing with goverment and not just disease control experts calling all the shots.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by cococandy(f): 8:28am On Apr 27, 2020
You are right.
Reference:

It is not about individuals. We should think about others. If I considered myself alone I can assure you I don't mind the lockdown extending till a vaccine is established next year because part of my business is essential on the one hand and another significant part is domiciled overseas and hopefully these will soon be back. I go to work four times a week for just a few hours each day.

But ones society is ones society and we should all be concerned right now about the big picture concerning this pandemic viz about our capacity to handle it.

One of the big mistakes we have made and continue to make from the get go and up until yesterday's meeting by Mr. President and the Minister of Health and Head NCDC is that the pandemic is a health issue alone. It is absolutely not.

It is far more than that for the simple reason that the vast majority affected by a pandemic ARE NOT SICK AND WILL NOT BE SICK AT THE END. So dealing with this group in helping to stem the pandemic IS NOT A HEALTH ISSUE but a general governance issue.

That is why when you see the tip of the spear in most other nations you see the involvement of other experts interfacing with goverment and not just disease control experts calling all the shots.
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by Iamgrey5(m): 8:30am On Apr 27, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Una go just dey yarn bant. Many first world countries have been locked down for over two months and still no end in sight.
Many first world countries have social safety net and many of them have started relaxing their lock down measures after a month and the half.
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by murphyung(m): 8:33am On Apr 27, 2020
The world will never be the same again
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by onadana: 8:42am On Apr 27, 2020
AkeNathan:
You go give them palliatives?

Foolish man

In the coming weeks, watch series of protests in kaduna renege any progress you will have made in the name of quarantine.

Protest against protecting your life?Kaduna is wiser than that.
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by baib45: 9:00am On Apr 27, 2020
Caseless:
He's a smart and performing governor. I wish he's even the president. Very active and proactive.

God bless mallam!
very useless decision from a stupid governor, so many citizens in s state find it difficult to eat 3 times a day
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by Jack500: 9:33am On Apr 27, 2020
yrex01:
Good. Let's deal with this once n for all !!

For those condemning his actions. If matter get worse he and his families + other state legislators would get d best medical attention while the mass would b left to suffer it on their own. It's that time some of you will come here n be calling him names. I'm not his fan or apc fan but must we b falling and die on the street before we get sense ?

Just keep quiet, Oyo is not on lockdown, since day one, have u seeing people falling and die on the street?

And u think hunger can't make people to fall and die on the street?
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by Mrshape: 9:34am On Apr 27, 2020
battousaiX:
Nope...that's not correct sir
OK thanks for the correction
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by hgnbello(m): 9:34am On Apr 27, 2020
grin D short devil himself. Other Governor lets relax d lockdown, El-rufai extend lockdown 30days.

So he is nt part of NGF.

I like dis man sha �

Even workers will get pay cut.. Men nice idea if dey wont loot it.
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by Roman7(m): 9:49am On Apr 27, 2020
yrex01:
Good. Let's deal with this once n for all !!

For those condemning his actions. If matter get worse he and his families + other state legislators would get d best medical attention while the mass would b left to suffer it on their own. It's that time some of you will come here n be calling him names. I'm not his fan or apc fan but must we b falling and die on the street before we get sense ?

Wetin u dey talk self?.........e be like say ur pman dey work with FG......why would he lock down for 30days without offering anything to cushion d effect of the lock down.....
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by Roman7(m): 9:51am On Apr 27, 2020
onyxo76:
by the time the vaccine is ready by maybe June 2021 or thereabouts, kaduna go lift its lockdown, hopefully there will still be some people still living there to take the vaccine

Oga Dis one touch me.

I swear we go hear am for Dis kaduna if we no commot come protest.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by dederocs(m): 10:00am On Apr 27, 2020
This is madness.
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by teepain: 10:02am On Apr 27, 2020
Reference: Lockdown to me is like you lifting your bed edge so that your wife can sweep under it. It is hard work. If you strain to lift and your wife is busy on the phone or cannot find the broom or sweeps with lethargy you are bound to react.

Very apt analogy.
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by adadike(f): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2020
All the igbos residing in the north, after this covid 19, you guys will think home. We share food and money every week here in so many parts of igboland. Ndigbo, Akulueulo!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by themaestro08(m): 10:33am On Apr 27, 2020
Avalancheman:
Mad man! angry

Free money from FG in the name of Federal Allocation is responsible for all this.

So this virus can't be spread on Wednesday abi

Help me ask the idiot say the virus dey on break on Wednesday ni?
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by themaestro08(m): 10:37am On Apr 27, 2020
Kerfuffle:
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!
What sort of insensitive diktat is this?
Who the eff is advising this man! Who did kaduna offend!
All legitimate business are essential!
One-month lockdown without providing food and other essentials. Instead of tracking, the elderly, the sick and the vulnerable, he's busy embarking on a stupid lockdown. I dare anyone to point out one healthy, young person who had lost their life to this so-called virus.

You risk destroying your state's economy for a virus that has a very low mortality rate in the country! You have no effective testing capacity, yet, you want to lockdown the whole state. More productive states like Anambra are easing the so-called lockdown to sustain their economy while this one is hell-bent on wreaking havoc on the state.

Kaduna State cannot survive 1-month lockdown. Civil disobedience could be in the offing and he'll have himself and his dim-witted advisers to blame!
Only School children, those currently unemployed, online businesses, corrupt politicians and lazy loafers will support this 30-days rubbish.

Bless your heart bro... I have been a strong critic of this slowpoke and his silly policies but as of late the thing just dey taya me set.

Madness everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by nan1: 10:37am On Apr 27, 2020
Elrufai don kolo finish There is more to this
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by Megagee003(m): 10:42am On Apr 27, 2020
Lordpeckxy:

Suffer nah small, E kum be like sai, nah we invent corona.!
Hunger dey ooo...
But
Las Las, while some dey cry, others dey laff...
Only mean sai, some people must survive.!
angry eyaaaa! Well, God is in control.
Lordpeckxy:

Suffer nah small, E kum be like sai, nah we invent corona.!
Hunger dey ooo...
But
Las Las, while some dey cry, others dey laff...
Only mean sai, some people must survive.!
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by toprealman: 10:44am On Apr 27, 2020
AkeNathan:
You go give them palliatives?

Foolish man

In the coming weeks, watch series of protests in kaduna renege any progress you will have made in the name of quarantine.
You guys are seeing things from a parochial viewpoint.
Make recommendations and stop calling him all sorts of names.
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 27, 2020
toprealman:

You guys are seeing things from a parochial viewpoint.
Make recommendations and stop calling him all sorts of names.

Click on the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/1228828/president-goodluck-jonathan-scumbag-mallam
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by toprealman: 11:36am On Apr 27, 2020
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 27, 2020
toprealman:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

No, it does to me.
Re: Kaduna State Government Extends Quarantine By 30 Days by hero2000: 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2020
Reference:

Now the citizens are awakening and asking the questions. Previously they thought 'lockdown' was a plan. Today they realise it is only a tool to buy time. What you do with the time you buy is called the plan, is the strategy.

The goverment says it is seeking test kits so they want us to wait until they find the kits....even if it takes them ten years to find. Is this not a receipe for disaster.

Folks say the lockdown has curbed the spread. I agree. If that is the strategy then we should just lockdown till the virus burns itself out or a vaccine is found and goverment should admit we will be locked down till early next year.

Lockdown to me is like you lifting your bed edge so that your wife can sweep under it. It is hard work. If you strain to lift and your wife is busy on the phone or cannot find the broom or sweeps with lethargy you are bound to react.

For goodness sake the goverment should realise that the strain on society is real and proportional to the ability of society to maintain cohesion. Without cohesion the virus cannot be contained.

You head is very correct! Your analogy about sweeping under a bed is � spot on!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Executed 40 Soldiers For Plotting A Coup (New York Times 1984) / Aminu Kani, Jigawa PDP Gov Aspirant Defects To APC / Iara Oshiomhole Covers Vanguard Allure Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.