Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,683 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon (63023 Views)

Joe Biden Signs Order To Provide $600m Military Assistance To Ukraine / Biden To Sign Executive Order To Join Paris Club & Rescind Travel Ban / Armed Protesters In Camo Demonstrate Against Stay-At-Home Orders In Kansas, US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by Melezenawii: 2:25am On Apr 27, 2020
A Texas mayor has been forced to apologize after getting caught breaking her own stay-at-home order by getting a nail salon to open just for her.

Beaumont Mayor Becky Ames was photographed last Tuesday wearing a face mask as she visited The Nail Bar, which should have been shuttered due to the mayor’s own lockdown order, according to 12NewsNow.

It sparked a flood of complaints, leading to investigations by Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and even Jefferson County District Attorney’s office.

Ames offered a “heartfelt apology” for what she dismissed as a “lapse in judgment.”

“I promise there was no malice intended,” she wrote in a statement.

“I should never have entered the salon last Tuesday. I did not intend to take personal privilege while asking others to sacrifice and for that I am truly remorseful.”

She admitted that “as an elected official I am held to a higher standard.”

“I regret my action that day. I am honestly sorry and I pray that you will forgive me,” she said.

The mayor says she was in and out in 10 minutes, and the owner was the only person in the salon. She insisted that she just needed acetone to remove an old manicure and did not get her nails re-done, according to 12NewsNow.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/26/texas-mayor-broke-her-own-stay-at-home-order-to-go-to-nail-salon/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

3 Likes

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by Eriggs: 2:31am On Apr 27, 2020
Women and fashion sha

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:31am On Apr 27, 2020
how many people are infected in the US...?! exactly!!!!!. and the above mumu is the exact reason why the US is the epicenter of covid-19 in the world.

[img]https://media./images/379ed722f42139aa0fbbba563ea1e3fb/tenor.gif[/img]

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by Yungmil: 2:31am On Apr 27, 2020
Abi she won go see her boo

konji na...............

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by Flyingngel(m): 2:58am On Apr 27, 2020
Damm! Leaders?
Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by DonFreshmoney(m): 3:00am On Apr 27, 2020
Milf Becky.. I can also break my stay at home to bang you

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by Blue3k(m): 3:13am On Apr 27, 2020
Rules for thee not me.

1 Like

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by Nobody: 3:14am On Apr 27, 2020
Imagine taking a huge risk for something as simple as fixing finger nails when most men haff turned to self barbers. Women sef grin

24 Likes

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by RoyalBlu(f): 3:35am On Apr 27, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Women are very stupid sets of items

Hollup!!!

This your generalization is so DEMEANING AND GROSS.

Her actions were way out of line, yes, but then...

A woman birthed you innit

298 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by globalresource: 3:54am On Apr 27, 2020
We won’t be locked down forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by Susu888(m): 4:04am On Apr 27, 2020
Its the same thing everywhere people! Not only Africa.

They (people in power)make the rules but they fail to abide by them and lead by example.

About that : lets see the number of asslickers who will justify her action because na yankee governor she be.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by TruthDefender(m): 4:16am On Apr 27, 2020
AT least she admitted wrong & apologized

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by Piggyyeasters(f): 4:21am On Apr 27, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
Women are very stupid sets of items
including your mum?

138 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by GreatResearcher1: 4:38am On Apr 27, 2020
RoyalBlu:

Hollup!!!

This your generalization is so DEMEANING AND GROSS.

Her actions were way out of line, yes, but then...

A woman birthed you innit
but then what?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by careytommy37(m): 5:27am On Apr 27, 2020
This is old news na. The mumu woman even apologised but refused to resign.
The sooner people realise this stay at home nonsense is nothing but a means of control, the better for everyone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by Kobicove(m): 5:27am On Apr 27, 2020
She should have asked for the acetone to be delivered in her home undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by mayklef(m): 5:30am On Apr 27, 2020
meanwhile citizens with lucrative business and hustle are forced to stay @home but anyways no govt canb as worse n heartless as diz Wicked Nigerian govt
Diz1s no get Heart @al

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by ossaisly(m): 5:30am On Apr 27, 2020
this pandemic has revealed that this white folks are not as smart as we use to hype them.

19 Likes

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by GboyegaD(m): 5:30am On Apr 27, 2020
We have them everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 27, 2020
Guy
Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by grandstar(m): 5:31am On Apr 27, 2020
Why didn't she just invite her to her home? That too may be illegal! grin

By the way, who breeze the breeze wey breeze the reporters come? The saloon?

4 Likes

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by NorthPrince: 5:32am On Apr 27, 2020
White person no get sense before na
No b today their mumu start

1 Like

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by scoundrel(f): 5:32am On Apr 27, 2020
Lol. Someone is playing with her chance of catching the virus. One thing I've noticed is majority of foreign politicians are using themselves as examples for the virus. Why aren't more of our politicians following their actions? This country needs a purge, even if evolutionarily-driven, of these old heads.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by onecrate: 5:32am On Apr 27, 2020
All animals are equal but some are more equal than the other. Bitter truth

7 Likes

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by Gofwane(m): 5:32am On Apr 27, 2020
That was how Christy posted a memo asking us to stop eating in the factory and offices only for the witch to be caught in her office swallowing akpu like a snake swallowing eggs

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by lekkan(m): 5:32am On Apr 27, 2020
Lmao... Covid-19 should not catch her unfresh
Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by know: 5:32am On Apr 27, 2020
I though she will resign immediately after the apology. You see eh, America don cast for everything. No more exceptional.

1 Like

Re: Becky Ames Broke Her Own Stay-At-Home Order To Go To Nail Salon by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 27, 2020
careytommy37:
This is old news na. The mumu woman even apologised but refused to resign.
The sooner people realise this stay at home nonsense is nothing but a means of control, the better for everyone.

Can ur own Nigerian over-wise mother resign if she was the one?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US / Trump Instructs US Navy To Shoot Down Iranian Gunboats If They Harass US Ships / Inside Donald Trump Secret Service Detail(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.